• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I have too many to count that it would look like bragging if I wrote them all down. I miss the appeal of shinies. Most of them don't even look good.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am going to fly to Japan in less than 8 hours. I will be stationed there. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time.

As for shiny Pokemon, I have gotten quite a few on accident including a Giratina and Azelf.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
The only legitimate Shiny I have ever gotten/seen was a Shiny Ralts. It was on Pokemon Platinum, several weeks ago. I think I was just Ralts-hunting because I wanted a Gardevoir, so I stumbled upon this Shiny. Unfortunately enough, all of my Pokemon were levels higher than it, so just about any move could OHKO it, so naturally I chucked all of my Pokeballs at it instead. None of them worked, until the Shiny Ralts used Teleport. What could have been my first Shiny was now gone. I don't really care much about that though, but it would've been nice if I caught it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For shiny Pokémon that weren't freebies, X was the ONLY game I've gotten shinies (Honedge ON MY VERY FIRST DAY OF THE GAME and Bergmite later on)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've gotten two shiny Numels in Ruby. I got a shiny Rattata in HeartGold. I luckily found a shiny Pachirisu in Y.

I don't remember any others, and I'm not counting event ones or random Wonder Trades either. Just those I caught. I haven't gotten even 10 naturally.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
The only shiny I ever found was a camerupt inside Reversal Mountain in White 2. Where Bianca accompanies you.
It was one of my most tense moments ever. You can't catch pokemon if there during a multibattle until all the others are beaten. Of course, ******** AI being ******** AI, Bianca kept attacking the shiny camelrupt instead of the other, average one.
Thankfully my pokemon were stronger and beat the normal camelrupt quick enough, and the shiny was weak enough to be captred easily.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Now that we're talking about Shiny Pokemon, I remember my fiancée talking so much smack when she caught a shiny Growlithe in Black 2 BY CRITICAL CAPTURE. I felt like luck cheated me, but I gotta admit I was still laughing

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My first legit shiny was a Poliwhirl. Traded it with a King's rock, and traded back so I could have a shiny Politoed.

My second shiny was a shiny Vulpix.

After that I got an Action Replay and the game got boring shortly after.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I trolled people yesterday into thinking I caught an Ivysaur on my college campus and had like five people asking me where it was before I said "off campus LOL" I got a Pikachu and Jigglypuff gif being mad at me for it lmao

Trolling at my finest

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My first legit Shiny Pokémon in the wild was a Pikachu, I still remember almost running away because I couldn't distinguish the different color palette at first.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
First shiny I encountered was shiny Poochyena in Ruby and then a shiny Sandshrew in Emerald. I was pretty young at the time, and I didn't know what a shiny Pokemon was at the time, so I just fled the battles for both of them because I thought it was some sort of crazy glitch.

It wasn't until the late generation 3/early generation 4 days when I learned that those Pokemon were shinies. When Platinum came out, it was there that I finally caught my first shiny: a shiny Girafarig in Route 218 (the one that has Pal Park). Later on, I remember trading it away with a friend, though I got a good Pokemon in return.

I did receive some shinies through special events in the following years such as Pikachu-colored Pichu in HG/SS and the Movie 14 shiny Hydreigon, though the first shiny I encountered and caught in a long while was a shiny Azumarill in the Friend Safari. I still have it in my PC since.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I've caught maybe two or three shinies throughout the Pokemon games I've played ( all of them except B&W2), but the only one I actually recall is a shiny Poliwhirl I caught right after getting the Super Rod in Pokemon X.

I wasn't paying attention to the opening, so I didn't see the sparkles when I saw it, and almost ended up ko'ing it right off the back before noticing it looked funny. Ended up catching it, and sure enough, it was a shiny. I nicknamed it "Lucky". :061:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
2 hour Gamexplain Breath of the wild video. Now I know what Andre and Derrick look like.

...Andre has a big nose.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well I have been pranked.
Next step: get a premium out of nowhere like last time.:063:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Breath of the Wild, I did view some videos regarding that game, and one video was about the timeline placement.

The timeline theory apparently involves The Wind Waker in a what if scenario. What if Ganondorf successfully achieved his wish?

Of course, until the game is finally released, we won't really know where Breath of the Wild will stand in the Zelda series timeline.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking of Breath of the Wild, I did view some videos regarding that game, and one video was about the timeline placement.

The timeline theory apparently involves The Wind Waker in a what if scenario. What if Ganondorf successfully achieved his wish?

Of course, until the game is finally released, we won't really know where Breath of the Wild will stand in the Zelda series timeline.
I still say it's after Adventure of Link.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Stories of people running from shinies because they didn't know what they were make me cringe. Like, if it's got a different colour and sparkles upon appearing, it's obviously something special, right? Apparently not -_-

All this shiny talk is getting me jealous though. Especially when people have encountered multiple shinies in the wild. Meanwhile, despite owning a game(s) from each gen, it took me until Gen VI to get a non-guarenteed shiny, where the chances of encountering one are doubled AND I had other factors increasing the chance of getting one.

Well, no point in being salty. Congrats to the lucky people.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I dunno. The gods had already sealed hyrule into the bottom of the sea before Wind Waker. I imagine if Ganondorf got his wish, the 49 islands of the great sea would've been sealed away as well as Hyrule.

I gotta agree that Odin's prediction makes more sense.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Stories of people running from shinies because they didn't know what they were make me cringe. Like, if it's got a different colour and sparkles upon appearing, it's obviously something special, right? Apparently not -_-

All this shiny talk is getting me jealous though. Especially when people have encountered multiple shinies in the wild. Meanwhile, despite owning a game(s) from each gen, it took me until Gen VI to get a non-guarenteed shiny, where the chances of encountering one are doubled AND I had other factors increasing the chance of getting one.

Well, no point in being salty. Congrats to the lucky people.
I still say shinies are a hoax. I've never seen them outside of Red Gyarados

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I dunno. The gods had already sealed hyrule into the bottom of the sea before Wind Waker. I imagine if Ganondorf got his wish, the 49 islands of the great sea would've been sealed away as well as Hyrule.

I gotta agree that Odin's prediction makes more sense.
Interesting. If only I knew what that other theory is.

I guess the theory involving The Wind Waker would be if Ganondorf successfully granted his wish; in other words, what would happen if Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule didn't intervene. Hyrule would rise to the surface, but because the residents would refuse to recognize Ganondorf as their king, he gets sealed away at Hyrule Castle by some unknown force. However, this doesn't exactly explain how the mechanical guardians began to cause chaos and destruction. It's probable that as an act of revenge against the people who defied him, Ganondorf used his powers to manipulate the guardians into doing his bidding.

On a side note, the old man that appears in Breath of the Wild does seem to resemble Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule at some areas. This might only be a coincidence though.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I still say shinies are a hoax. I've never seen them outside of Red Gyarados
I managed to get a shiny Sandshrew after I chained so long it looped past 1000.

I think I remember someone else managing to encounter a shiny Graveler randomly, but thankfully I warned them about Shinies long beforehand just in case a situation like that came up and they managed to actually catch it without problems.

I was playing Alpha Sapphire and the other person was playing Omega Ruby.

Although they hand out Shinies as events like candy nowdays, so you don't necessarily have to find one in order to get one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing is, some shiny Pokemon can ONLY be acquired through events. You'll never legally get a shiny Xerneas or Yveltal outside of the events that took place a couple months ago.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

:)

So, remember the huge pr I was walking about?

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4178

just check the up right corner, +259 , -42, these are the numbers of line of code that was added and deleted. Together, it means this pr modifies 301 lines of code!

Woah!

So, after hours of code review (just check the first comment, THAT is a big code review, but trust me, it's necessary), it is now pending. Hopefully we hear more about it soon enough :)

But what does it do?

An explanation to this requires explanation of what is a register.

Your CPU has memory, yeah, I know, it has the cache, but it also have very vwery very small amount of memory mainly used to process instruction before the result is stored in soemthing like the ram. These memory are more used temporaily and are constantly overwritten because the isntructiosn needs them. These are the registers (no, not the.....dumb windows setting thing).

So, the instructiions can load stuff from ram into a register, perform math on them, move registers around, store them in ram, etc..., it can basically do the msot basic stuff with them.

What about dolphin? Well dolphin has a debugger which I have been determined to make it more usable (yeah, that progress report was right, but that's because I talked with the author a bit once). That debugger not only allows to see the assembler, but also the register because of course, you need to knwo the values of the registers to understand stuff.

Great, awwsome, unfortunately it has one particular annoyance: data representation. See, they only have one format, hexadecimal. It's fine for viewing stuff like an address or a custom formatted data, but for numbers, epsecially signed one and floating point one.......it is just impossible you have to use an online converter.

Let me give you an exampe, -19 in hexadecimal is ffffffed as signed integer, signed integer are weird because the first bit (the one that worth the most) serve as the sign so for this thing, yiou have to count from 0 backwards until you reach ffffffed and since you subtracted 19, you have -19.

Obviously, any human would find this ridiculous so they'll jsut use a converter made for this. But where it becomes more complicated is floating point. A float is.....convulated in formatting I mean what is 1.0 in float expressed in hexa? 3f800000, yeah and worse, double has different thigns for the same number (1.0 is 3ff0000000000000 in double).

And let's go back to registers, there's 32 general purpose register and 32 flaoting pont one. The GPR can hold integer and float while the fpr are made to hold double. You quickly get the idea of how annoying it can be to quickly see "oh, there's 2.0 in this register", you need a way to have different formatting available.

That's exactly what this pr does!

A right click and you ahve all the format.

It takes a lot of code and time to do because it involves MANY type conversion and MANY structuration. I had to restructure around 3 times, 2 times as a wip, once in code review. And then you ahd to think about parsing them back to they can be written to the register in that format.

So yeah, glad this pr is submitted, hopefully more stuff comes, but I do have other ideas on the debugger :)

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
After a year and a half of forum activity, I finally got pranked.

Honestly, I don't mind, purple is my favorite color. Feels nice to finally be included. :012:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
After a year and a half of forum activity, I finally got pranked.

Honestly, I don't mind, purple is my favorite color. Feels nice to finally be included. :012:
No problem, man. I couldn't resist anyway.
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

:)

So, remember the huge pr I was walking about?

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4178

just check the up right corner, +259 , -42, these are the numbers of line of code that was added and deleted. Together, it means this pr modifies 301 lines of code!

Woah!

So, after hours of code review (just check the first comment, THAT is a big code review, but trust me, it's necessary), it is now pending. Hopefully we hear more about it soon enough :)

But what does it do?

An explanation to this requires explanation of what is a register.

Your CPU has memory, yeah, I know, it has the cache, but it also have very vwery very small amount of memory mainly used to process instruction before the result is stored in soemthing like the ram. These memory are more used temporaily and are constantly overwritten because the isntructiosn needs them. These are the registers (no, not the.....dumb windows setting thing).

So, the instructiions can load stuff from ram into a register, perform math on them, move registers around, store them in ram, etc..., it can basically do the msot basic stuff with them.

What about dolphin? Well dolphin has a debugger which I have been determined to make it more usable (yeah, that progress report was right, but that's because I talked with the author a bit once). That debugger not only allows to see the assembler, but also the register because of course, you need to knwo the values of the registers to understand stuff.

Great, awwsome, unfortunately it has one particular annoyance: data representation. See, they only have one format, hexadecimal. It's fine for viewing stuff like an address or a custom formatted data, but for numbers, epsecially signed one and floating point one.......it is just impossible you have to use an online converter.

Let me give you an exampe, -19 in hexadecimal is ffffffed as signed integer, signed integer are weird because the first bit (the one that worth the most) serve as the sign so for this thing, yiou have to count from 0 backwards until you reach ffffffed and since you subtracted 19, you have -19.

Obviously, any human would find this ridiculous so they'll jsut use a converter made for this. But where it becomes more complicated is floating point. A float is.....convulated in formatting I mean what is 1.0 in float expressed in hexa? 3f800000, yeah and worse, double has different thigns for the same number (1.0 is 3ff0000000000000 in double).

And let's go back to registers, there's 32 general purpose register and 32 flaoting pont one. The GPR can hold integer and float while the fpr are made to hold double. You quickly get the idea of how annoying it can be to quickly see "oh, there's 2.0 in this register", you need a way to have different formatting available.

That's exactly what this pr does!

A right click and you ahve all the format.

It takes a lot of code and time to do because it involves MANY type conversion and MANY structuration. I had to restructure around 3 times, 2 times as a wip, once in code review. And then you ahd to think about parsing them back to they can be written to the register in that format.

So yeah, glad this pr is submitted, hopefully more stuff comes, but I do have other ideas on the debugger :)
Bonjour, Aldelaro! Ça va?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don;t understand google translate language

sorry :(

Anyway, yeah it;s going good, I am now a member of dolphin's organisation on github :)
Hahaha that wasn't Google Translate this time. I enrolled in a French class this semester.

Nice to hear you're in that organization now though.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
We haven't got that far yet. Most interesting things we've covered so far are the French alphabet and number systems.
That's the easy part because you;ll notice very quickly,. it;s so strict that it becomes muscle memory.

but the genre and the pas particle stuff.......god, these you might question them.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I've gotten 3 non-event shinies: I hatched a shiny Goomy and a shiny Ralts in X, and also got a shiny Jolteon via wondertrading. I've never gotten any outside of X, though.

Speaking of which, I just recently finished* Heart Gold and boy do I intend to never play it again. (Might play Crystal if it ever comes to the eShop though) If the painstakingly slow battles weren't bad enough, it's the fact that wild pokemon barely give you any XP that truly kills your momentum. (I mean it's such a pain when you reach Ecruteak City, when you need to start really gaining levels and you're lucky to fight something that'll give you at least 200 XP.)

*So when I say beaten, I mean that I have all 16 badges. I reached Red but honestly I have no intent of fighting him- my party average is about Level 50 and I don't have that kind of time to grind to match up against what he has.

(Also hi everyone, it's kind of been a while hasn't it)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
God, I ****ing love JoJo.
It's just so awesome and weird that I love it.
Now, I can't see some of my character not doing JoJo-like pose.:4samus:
And the music...
MMMMmmmm...fantastique...
And ****ing Nazi that are actually likeable, really, best Anime ever.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've wanted to watch Jojo, but it's not on my list of things to watch right now so can't yet.
Trust me, if one day you have the time, watch it, you won't regret it.
This is coming from a guy that wasn't interest to begin with Jojo at all. (outside of memes)

Top Bottom