• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 20th

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Fox SD? Yeah right, they've made his recovery options among the best in the game.
He can't even side b off the stage and if he did he could just UP b.
Sakurai is on crack.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
aside from my nitpick about Kirby related things coming only from games directly developed by Sakurai (that still annoys me, I'd like something from K64 or dreamland 2/3 as well), I think that the Great Cave Offensive stage is looking better and better. So, it's not just the underground tower, it's the whole "cave"!
It's probably the best way to represent the Kirby franchise, since it has many environments placed in unexpected ways (example, you go deeper in the cave and you find yourself above the clouds for no apparent reasons).
What concerns me a bit is the tree/grass in the background... it looks way too realistic, I hope it's just an impression due to how small the detail is, but it looks like something from the Xenoblade stage...

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Fox SD? Yeah right, they've made his recovery options among the best in the game.
He can't even side b off the stage and if he did he could just UP b.
Sakurai is on crack.
Don't you know Sakurai hates Star Fox. He just took away from the franchise and only gave it a new stage ( which is hardly an accomplishment). Oh and another Pyrosphere pic.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
You know that stage that shows an image of Kirby sleeping? What if that is a new Donkey Kong stage or........*takes a closer look* you know, it kind of looks like Forest Haven from Wind Waker. Huh. I gotta see more of that stage in that image to see if it gets confirmed or if it is something else. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Here's why Fox is crying
"No, don't SD yourself Yoshi! There's still so much to smash for in this world!"
"You don't get it Fox. You've already tasted the power of being Top Tier once. You will never understand how it feels to be me or Link, never reaching the upper echelon of smash."
"But you've improved so much!"
"Doesn't matter. I even copied your Melee upsmash this time, and I still can't surpass Sheik, Rosalina, or Zero Suit Samus. I will never have an actual recovery move"
"Yoshi, don't"
"Sorry, but I made up my mind. I will be joining my brethren who were sacrificed by Mario in his quests to save the princess. Farewell, guys. I love you."
*jumps*
Star Fox 64 style scream "NOOOO!! YOSSSHHHHIIIIIIIII!!!"

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
That's not Temple with Charizard and Toon Link, that's Great Cave Offensive.

Actually, looks more like Skyloft or Palutena's Temple.

Last edited:

rangergage

Smash Rookie
You know that stage that shows an image of Kirby sleeping? What if that is a new Donkey Kong stage or........*takes a closer look* you know, it kind of looks like Forest Haven from Wind Waker. Huh. I gotta see more of that stage in that image to see if it gets confirmed or if it is something else. I could be wrong.
It's definitely Wuhu Island from the Pilotwings stage. Compare the grass/trees in that image to this: http://imgur.com/qWHmRno

Last edited:

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
Personally I feel Rosalina and her Uair would've fit the SD Penalty pic a bit more but okay. But yeah, these are pretty dang funny at the least. I also am hoping we can adjust the frequency of items appearing in the Wii U version because otherwise we may as well not play with them at all. Seeing this PotD is diminishing that hope, however...

ALSO WHAT IS THAT COIN DOING HERE
SAKURAI CAN YOU JUST TAKE THAT BACK, NO ONE WANTS THAT.
At least I hope no one does

Everest

Smash Cadet
Great menus like always.

And still no option to desactivate the random event or stage bosses when you fight on a good level with a good platforms configuration but with a completely broken Flying Man or Yellow Devil that makes you never choose the stage again, reducing the number of not ****ty level to FD and BF.

I'm sad.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it's Temple!

Yet another Tower of Smash stage (Assuming the minecart stage is Mt. Dedede)... Still don't believe it, but this is just another piece of evidence for it.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Hey, it's Temple!

Yet another Tower of Smash stage (Assuming the minecart stage is Mt. Dedede)... Still don't believe it, but this is just another piece of evidence for it.
This potd adds even more evidence that the minecart level is instead the Great Cave Offensive, not Mt. Dedede.

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
Another evidence that there's a Great Cave Offensive stage. That image of Kirby in the beach, maybe it's Delfino Plaza? Or it's another new stage.

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet
Wait a minute guys look at the yellow pikmin thought bubble, it has coins in it. Coin battle confirmed

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Here's why Fox is crying
"No, don't SD yourself Yoshi! There's still so much to smash for in this world!"
"You don't get it Fox. You've already tasted the power of being Top Tier once. You will never understand how it feels to be me or Link, never reaching the upper echelon of smash."
"But you've improved so much!"
"Doesn't matter. I even copied your Melee upsmash this time, and I still can't surpass Sheik, Rosalina, or Zero Suit Samus. I will never have an actual recovery move"
"Yoshi, don't"
"Sorry, but I made up my mind. I will be joining my brethren who were sacrificed by Mario in his quests to save the princess. Farewell, guys. I love you."
*jumps*
Star Fox 64 style scream "NOOOO!! YOSSSHHHHIIIIIIIII!!!"
I was hoping that one of Yoshi's recovery specials would be him turning into a disembodied head helicopter from Yoshi's Island. Boy was I wrong. That would've been so hype, and you could probably do a some damage close range with blades or just ramming into people in that mode.

Chilex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chilex
Am I the only one who noticed that Random Stage Select is gone?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
THANK YOU BABY JESUS!!! TEMPLE IS BACK!!!

I have so many memories with this stage, it's a personal favorite at parties when playing with 3 friends in free-for-all. The fact that we have a chance to play it for again for the 3rd time makes me happy.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Am I the only one who noticed that Random Stage Select is gone?
It's not. There's just no graphic for it. That's all.

Also... what is that logo in the top-right of the Mii Fighters picture?
A banana?:4dk:

Last edited:

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Everyone is missing the 50-facts about Smash for Wii U thing on the website...clicking it reveals a live stream for Smash Wii U on 10/24

Top Bottom