• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 16th

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
What happened to Sonic and Captain Falcon? Captain Falcon was the fastest in 64 and Melee, and was bumped down to #2 in Brawl only because of Sonic. Well, at least it's nice to see Fox actually being fast again, and Marth and Lucina retain their speed.
The ranking is for fastest walk speed, not run speed.

Quillion

Smash Hero
What the hell? What happened to letting us discover these things on our own? Don't let the casuals keep up with people who actually put time and effort into this game.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Maybe Nurse Peach is an alternate costume? That might be fairly cool I guess. I think every character should have an alternate costume.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
What the hell? What happened to letting us discover these things on our own? Don't let the casuals keep up with people who actually put time and effort into this game.
Oh noooo, they're giving us info up front instead of keeping it hidden and confusing. Clearly, they are catering to the casual fan at the expense of the hardcore fan in a way that doesn't actually affect the hardcore fan. This game is not competitive in any way because of this. Sakurai should stop ruining a franchise that was always meant to be a more accessible fighting game that could have people of different skill levels play each other and still have a close match for the sake of casual fun. Blaaaaaaaah.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Oh noooo, they're giving us info up front instead of keeping it hidden and confusing. Clearly, they are catering to the casual fan at the expense of the hardcore fan in a way that doesn't actually affect the hardcore fan. This game is not competitive in any way because of this. Sakurai should stop ruining a franchise that was always meant to be a more accessible fighting game that could have people of different skill levels play each other and still have a close match for the sake of casual fun. Blaaaaaaaah.
It's the same reason why games like Dark Souls are fun: you get to discover the big and little things on your own.

Giving information up front is just the developers getting way too involved with the deeper mechanics. Just give us the basic play, and let us figure out the rest.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
It's the same reason why games like Dark Souls are fun: you get to discover the big and little things on your own.

Giving information up front is just the developers getting way too involved with the deeper mechanics. Just give us the basic play, and let us figure out the rest.
If you honestly want Smash Bros. to become hard like Dark Souls, then I think you may have picked the wrong franchise to apply that line of thinking to.

Quillion

Smash Hero
If you honestly want Smash Bros. to become hard like Dark Souls, then I think you may have picked the wrong franchise to apply that line of thinking to.
Isn't that where the competitive scene of not just SSB but EVERY COMPETITIVE GAME EVER come from?

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Isn't that where the competitive scene of not just SSB but EVERY COMPETITIVE GAME EVER come from?
I said it before, Smash Bros. tries to be accessible so more people can enjoy playing with anybody they want. Making Smash Bros. like Dark Souls is a bad idea.

TrevonMarrast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luigicheesecake
Usually, when it's a tie for a place, you count them as first and second so the next person to place is third. Lucina and Marth are both first so Fox, despite having the next fastest walk, is third because there are two people higher than him.
Thanks!

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie
In Smash World, you are able to battle players from around the world! The Smash World will consist of a few specific settings
Stock Battle, Time Battle, and Sudden Death Mode.
Every battle you win, you can earn prizes and skills that make you a better fighter! The skills can give characters such as Link powerups that you can use any time in a Smash World battle! Say if you earned 5 KO's in Smash World in a Stock Battle, you could have a chance to earn a prize such as Invisibilty, or an item of your choice, or just something simple as extra lives! You can use these anytime in battle.
Smash World can also be used as a newer Tournament mode. Smash World tournaments can have up to 8 players locally or 64 players worldwide. The 4 players can play on the Wii U, but the other 4 players can use the 3DS as a controller and a way to use your power-ups or anything you achieved. The Smash World Mode is WII U EXCLUSIVE.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Super Smash Bros. "Smash World" has certainly gotten a lot of hype in the past weeks. Many didn't believe anything that I had to say. What I have to say to those people is, have a good day! "Smash World" is coming!
I have more details on the mode.

AND Seriously this time, the REAL OFFICIAL Characters coming are now here
Wolf, Isaac, Lucas, Dr. Luigi, Impa, Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Wonder-Red, Inklings, and Mewtwo. I apologize for the misunderstanding before, I wasn't positive on the Splatoon character names and I didn't want to get their names wrong!

In Smash World, you are able to battle players from around the world! The Smash World will consist of a few specific settings
Every battle you win, you can earn prizes and skills that make you a better fighter! The skills can give characters such as Link powerups that you can use any time in a Smash World battle! Say if you earned 5 KO's in Smash World in a Stock Battle, you could have a chance to earn a prize such as Invisibilty, or an item of your choice, or just something simple as extra lives! You can use these anytime in battle.
Smash World can also be used as a newer Tournament mode. Smash World tournaments can have up to 8 players locally or 64 players worldwide. The 4 players can play on the Wii U, but the other 4 players can use the 3DS as a controller and a way to use your power-ups or anything you achieved. The Smash World Mode is WII U EXCLUSIVE.

Also, when you connect the 3DS to the Wii U, fighters that can be unlocked by beating them in a 1 on 1 battle are Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Impa. These characters will NOT be unlocked from the get go. They will need to be earned.
However, if you don't have a Wii U, these characters can be purchased from the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $8.99 as a pack.
The pack will also contain stages from previous Smash Bros. installments and a few new stages.

Isaac and Wonder- Red are Smash World unlockables. Isaac will be unlocked by beating your first local Smash World Tournament. Wonder-Red can be unlocked by earning 50 Smash World Prizes.
For the 3DS version of the game, players can buy Isaac and Wonder-Red in a pack with other items and stages for $8.99.

The Inklings will be unlocked in 2015 when the release of Splatoon releases. This character does not need any unlock requirements.
If you buy Splatoon, you will unlock the Inklings and other Splatoon related paraphernalia in Super Smash Bros. If you don't have a Wii U or a copy of Splatoon, 3DS players can buy the Splatoon pack in the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $5.99. If you have a Wii U and will not be purchasing Splatoon, you can still buy the Splatoon back from the Wii U eShop for $5.99 as well.

I am not the original person who spoke about Tower of Smash, therefore I will leave that topic to him/her. I will say that this mode is coming whether its called ToS or something like Smash Tower or Smash Rush.

I again apologize for the confusion about my previous comments. I typed this again for everyone here and everyone elsewhere to better understand this upcoming mode

Again, Smash World is a WII U EXCLUSIVE MODE. It will be listed under Games & More and Online.

Have a good day everyone! And don't forget to play Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS!!

Sometimes I find it hard to believe you, but in the end I always do! Wonder-Red, especially, (along with Mewtwo and Ridley) makes me gravitate toward this leak. I loved The Wonderful 101, and it's great that Wonder-Red might have wound up in the game. So, just thanks for all this supposedly true info. Also, Inkling and Dr. Luigi HYPE!! And, really sorry to take up your time, but is Wonder-Red unlockable in the game without DLC, or must he be downloaded as DLC and then unlocked? Thanks in advance!

Mr.Prince

Smash Rookie

Last edited:

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Hmm thats a Interesting Tid Bit didn't think Marth was the fastest Walker. But that Strut of his has always been pretty sexy

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd totally pay to see a death match between you guys and the Ridley supporters.
Why would we fight againist each other rather than together? We're both from fanbases of a character that has been ignored unfairly.
Nairo may disagree
Smash4's already having wombo-combo esque moments, it puts a tear in my eye.

Last edited:

beestmode

Smash Cadet
ohhh...right there hint at new alternate costume for peach??? lol maybe a dlc later on for the game for different costumes for some characters???

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Hours away from a big Friday announcement....Well at least compared to Thursdays!

LuigiBlood

Smash Rookie
If some of the tips can be as funny as the trophy descriptions, I'd read all of them.

Top Bottom