• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 16th

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
What happened to Sonic and Captain Falcon? Captain Falcon was the fastest in 64 and Melee, and was bumped down to #2 in Brawl only because of Sonic. Well, at least it's nice to see Fox actually being fast again, and Marth and Lucina retain their speed.
He wasn't talking about running
:/
Kinda obvious

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
What happened to Sonic and Captain Falcon? Captain Falcon was the fastest in 64 and Melee, and was bumped down to #2 in Brawl only because of Sonic. Well, at least it's nice to see Fox actually being fast again, and Marth and Lucina retain their speed.
He was talking about walking speed. Sonic is still the fastest runner followed by Captain Falcon.... I think... Whoops someone just said that...

Edit: I'm finding his menu potds encouraging... I think he's saving some serious secrets and surprises!

Last edited:

Sergiomonty

Smash Rookie
>Yesterday: OH BOY, I CANNOT WAIT... SAKURAI WILL EXPLAINS THE MASTER-CRAZY ORDERS!

>Today:

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Did you guys get this yet?

With Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS out, creator Masahiro Sakurai's job is only half done. When one fan asked him how it felt to be done with the development on Super Smash Bros., he replied, "I'm not done yet..."

As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakurai stated that an announcement highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon.

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
You guys just won't stay dead, will you?
Mewtwo is a special character to those cut from Smash. He's unique, and is quite popular amongst Pokemon fans. He also receives a lot more fame then Lucario, but I prefer both be in the game, then neither.

As for Greninja, he's unique too, so he shouldn't be taken away from the roster.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Welp, thanks Sakurai. Now we all just want Nurse Peach in the game.

:093:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I'd totally pay to see a death match between you guys and the Ridley supporters.
So would I... although I would imagine most Ridley supporters would also be Mewtwo supporters.
If I had to pick ONE, I'd say Ridley... I can always play as Mewtwo in Melee or Project M.
But over both of them, I'D CHOOSE

Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M!! Everyone's FAVORITE Metroid game! Smash Bros needs some diversity! We already got a couple dragons and a couple humanoid pokemon... but what we don't have:

Plasma Machine Guns!

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
At least we get a pic from the Wii U. Am I right? :troll:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Wow! I didn't know Lucina was tied with Marth as the fastest walking character in the game! :surprised:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But is Dr. Mario is not a real doctor. Does that mean Peach is not a real nurse?
Christ, they'll give anyone a license these days.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Wait he said he shouldn't go overboard with the contents... does that mean he's just adding this stuff now, a month before release? I guess they don't have to be too careful worrying about bugs with simple things like additional menu content.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I feel like six seconds to recharge is a bit overkill for an already mediocre attack.
Remember, this attack is not just offensive, it's also defensive. I find it quite useful to distract opponents before I splode 'em with Din's Fire. 6 seconds seems fair to me... but I do agree that it's not powerful enough.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Who tf cares if you want it or not lmfao? I mean, go look at everything shown, if you like it, fine. If you don't, still fine LOL
LOL

Have fun buying the same game twice

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I'm OK with more tips. The writing on some of them is really funny.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
"Walking doesn't leave you as open as running" :: clearly Sakurai never fully grasped the utility and safeness of dash dancing.
Dash Dancing has no utility with the Brawl and Smash4 dash mechanics. You can't shield during the initial dash whatsoever, and you can not cover any ground or area with the actual dash dance, since the initial dash can not be canceled with another dash after the first very few frames.

Add to this the removal of conservation of momentum from ground to air transitions (i.e. jumping, typically), the removal of dash canceling, and the select few attacks and options one can do out of a dash/runcycle, dashing is very much often an inferior option over walking slowly and shielding, then walking back the other way and shielding some more.

Top Bottom