• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
online is still garbage unless you get your desired characters into elite smash, and even then there's still some problems with it.
Which would be easier if the game didn't force me to play with weird item and free for alls disregarding my preferred ruleset.
I miss FG so much it's unbelievable. I'm legit tempted to just play Smash 4...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
OK. Friday is here, two weeks have passed, I have officially delivered every single bit of work for my master´s degree and I can finally stay true to my name. So, I am finally back! Has there been any news seen I was last here?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Has anyone gotten their Piranha Plant code yet? I love the thing, but I really don’t want to pay for it on top of the $60 base game, $25 fighters pass, and $20 online (and controllers, and adapters, etc.)

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
Has anyone gotten their Piranha Plant code yet? I love the thing, but I really don’t want to pay for it on top of the $60 base game, $25 fighters pass, and $20 online (and controllers, and adapters, etc.)
I've gotten mine. It didn't take very long for it either for most people, so if you've done the proper registration, double check things like spam or promotion folders your email may have.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Done since the game came out. I need piranha plant. In my case, I also have to add amiibos to the grand total. Currently, I have snagged the inkling amiibo, the Ridley amiibo and the Wolf amiibo. I am ready to get ice climbers and piranha plant on January.

Betty White died
No she did not
Don't believe him FreeFox FreeFox
Forgive my lack sensitivity but who is Betty White?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We're now in the time that people don't know who Betty White is

I feel old, albeit not as old as her.

D

Deleted member

Okay why haven't they put Figment and the Dream Finder in Kingdom Hearts yet

D

Deleted member

Okay why haven't they put Figment and the Dream Finder in Kingdom Hearts yet
Seriously why haven't they done it yet
It would be perfect

It would also create the off chance that we'd see them as Spirits if Sora gets in as DLC
Edit: WHY IS NOBODY ACKNOWLEDGING THIS AMAZING IDEA

Last edited by a moderator:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Hello Smash fans, I have something to share that might put a smile on your face!
IMG_20181221_110959.jpg

Super Smash Plushies!
Note that I don't own any them but I just wanted to take a photo with the ones I saw at Best Buy before I go to work, shame someone had to get the Kirby one I saw earlier. Hope it's okay to post this...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Hello Smash fans, I have something to share that might put a smile on your face!View attachment 183804
Super Smash Plushies!
Note that I don't own any them but I just wanted to take a photo with the ones I saw at Best Buy before I go to work, shame someone had to get the Kirby one I saw earlier. Hope it's okay to post this...
Imagine if there were real Smash plushies? It'd be amazing! :)

Last edited:

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Hello Smash fans, I have something to share that might put a smile on your face!View attachment 183804
Super Smash Plushies!
Aw, this is cute.

sees Peach's face

Oh.

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
Seriously why haven't they done it yet
It would be perfect

It would also create the off chance that we'd see them as Spirits if Sora gets in as DLC
Edit: WHY IS NOBODY ACKNOWLEDGING THIS AMAZING IDEA
Almost like people may not be responding because this is a Smash discussion board, not KH one (though I know that doesn't usually stop people). Also those characters don't sound familiar at all, so I'm assuming due to obscurity they are left off.

A general idea I had about Smash and Spirits. Anyone else see them possibly adding a custom spirit mode? Essentially make your own spirit fight, where you can change the parameters and such. I don't imagine they'd let us upload our own .png for the spirits, but custom made fights perhaps still. Sort of like Luigi's Balloon World or Mario Maker where people could then upload these custom challenges online. People able to tweak things like size, AI, item appearances, etc.

D

Deleted member

Almost like people may not be responding because this is a Smash discussion board, not KH one (though I know that doesn't usually stop people). Also those characters don't sound familiar at all, so I'm assuming due to obscurity they are left off.

A general idea I had about Smash and Spirits. Anyone else see them possibly adding a custom spirit mode? Essentially make your own spirit fight, where you can change the parameters and such. I don't imagine they'd let us upload our own .png for the spirits, but custom made fights perhaps still. Sort of like Luigi's Balloon World or Mario Maker where people could then upload these custom challenges online. People able to tweak things like size, AI, item appearances, etc.
1. People these days are uncultured swines
How do you not know who Figment and the Dream Finder are
https://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Journey_Into_Imagination
2. That is an amazing idea however, and thus I will forgive your ignorance

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
My only problem with Lifelight is the lyrical meter at certain points in the song. Certain parts make it painfully obvious it wasn't originally written in English. Looking at you, "our tomorrow."

Other than that I like it, cheese and all.
I freaking love the song. Fun fact: it goes great with pagan sorceresses trying to stamp out the Abrahamic religions in order to defend their own traditions. :p If you want context, go check out the comments sections of pommyman on DeviantART.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
check your email thingies for the code of the leader of the Piranha Plant Gang

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Lifelight is pretty solid. Not great, but I think it fits the intro footage they have and the feel of the adventure mode. The game itself? Eeeeh, not so much but I'm giving it a pass for one reason:

They. actually. tried. with. the. intro.

It actually flows well with the song, they had to record new footage in-engine, and make it all work in a timely manner. Smash 4 and Brawl was clearly a rushed quick job. Here? They tried, and I think it is a great intro for "Everyone is Here!"

Especially Smash 4...it starts with the most random footage ever. Ultimate starts with Mario. That's how it should be.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dude, I love Figment and Dreamfinder, but only hardcore Disney fans even acknowledge Figment or any of the other Parks-exclusive characters (Figment, Hatbox Ghost, the Tiki Room birds, Orange Bird, etc), to say nothing of Dreamfinder, who's even more obscure.

Also this is really off-topic.

D

Deleted member

Dude, I love Figment and Dreamfinder, but only hardcore Disney fans even acknowledge Figment or any of the other Parks-exclusive characters (Figment, Hatbox Ghost, the Tiki Room birds, Orange Bird, etc), to say nothing of Dreamfinder, who's even more obscure.

Also this is really off-topic.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Also yeah it is pretty off topic lol
we should take this to the Nintenzone

D

Deleted member

The dreamfinder has been gone from Disney for a loooooooooong time. I only barely remember it and I went there a lot as a kid. I think it's been gone about as long as the Delta ride that was at Magic Kingdom (where Buzz Lightyear is now). Figment has remained and yeah, he should definitely be in (as a Summon at least), but to be honest, he was never really pushed all that much by Disney and was a Park exclusive character, so in a way, i can understand why he isn't known to as many people or even thought about for KH.

EDIT: For those wondering about the randomness of a 'Delta' airlines ride; it was because Delta and Disney were partners for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
I've not been to the Epcot, nor have I read the comics they've been in. Seems to me the character very much is obscure if these are their only appearance. Sorry that my lack of these two experiences in life makes me somehow a lesser person in your social ladder. There's a lot of content among all Disney material, not all of it can get into Kingdom Hearts, specially when they have to make room for original content and Final Fantasy things. It's like being surprised Link doesn't have a tomahawk because he had one once in the Game&Watch game (there, I tied this to Smash at least somehow : p )

Shouting in all caps because no one responded within a 30 minute window to your off topic thoughts is also just in general bad form that just makes you look like an attention seeker.

D

Deleted member

I've not been to the Epcot, nor have I read the comics they've been in. Seems to me the character very much is obscure if these are their only appearance. Sorry that my lack of these two experiences in life makes me somehow a lesser person in your social ladder. There's a lot of content among all Disney material, not all of it can get into Kingdom Hearts, specially when they have to make room for original content and Final Fantasy things. It's like being surprised Link doesn't have a tomahawk because he had one once in the Game&Watch game (there, I tied this to Smash at least somehow : p )

Shouting in all caps because no one responded within a 30 minute window to your off topic thoughts is also just in general bad form that just makes you look like an attention seeker.
I guess you're right
And sorry about the all-caps part :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom