• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

my sign is actually blind justice girl so you can see why she's my favorite troll
actually blind justice girl is honestly my favorite troll tied with raging lipstick-chainsaw lesbian mom

Last edited by a moderator:

Untouch

Smash Master
I think people are actually sleeping on Poochy's chances, oddly enough out of the missing spirits he has the most going for him.
  • Has another spirit but not the main form of the character.
  • Yoshi's stage from smash 4 was removed from ultimate for some reason.
  • Yoshi kind of got shafted when it comes to music.
  • There is a Yoshi game coming out soon.
Now I cannot possibly think of any way they could adapt the character to Smash, but Poochy stands out the most to me, even more than Porky.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Piranha Plant probably isn't going to be released until February (around the same time as the Amiibo), so I doubt that would happen.

I'm not even sure they finished developing him yet.
Yeah, probably.

But like, realistically if there was anything to announce there, it'd be that.

Well, that or the Smash 4 amiibo restocks.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Hate to break it to you, but the first two are already spirits.
And yes, it has had some interesting topics. :p
Wait, the last time I was on here, Spirits didn't deconfirm DLC characters...

Man have things changed. I've been out of the loop. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Back on track, who else here isn't particularly concerned with who the DLC is?
They are who they are and I'll be getting the fighter pack anyway, so

Speculation is fine of course, I just don't particularly care too much, let alone enough to "be disappointed" by it haha
If I don't get Edea in this game I'm going to personally go into Sakurai's house and
thank him and his team for doing such a good job on this game irrespective of my own personal wants

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Let me explain a little something to you, newbie: around here, my Zoe obsession is a meme. :p
No, it's not. It's inappropriate and an at this point rather extensive list of people have asked you to stop. Nobody is in on the 'meme' except you.

Not trying to be a **** here, but I've seen this exact thing go down before with a friend where they are constantly acting inappropriately and making people uncomfortable but they've convinced themselves that it's all just a big joke. It's not- people genuinely want you to stop.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've been wondering for a while, but what does "Writing Team" mean next to your name?
It uh... it means I'm on the writing team.

I wrote two (2) articles that have been posted here cause I'm not the best at it but I also help out with the social networks and stuff.

Been struggling too much with some mental health issues recently to contribute a mass ton but I'm still doin stuff.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I think people are actually sleeping on Poochy's chances, oddly enough out of the missing spirits he has the most going for him.
  • Has another spirit but not the main form of the character.
  • Yoshi's stage from smash 4 was removed from ultimate for some reason.
  • Yoshi kind of got shafted when it comes to music.
  • There is a Yoshi game coming out soon.
Now I cannot possibly think of any way they could adapt the character to Smash, but Poochy stands out the most to me, even more than Porky.
A Poochy with cute storybook-inspired moves would be fun. Yarn balls, maybe summoning Yoshi's Island enemies like the stork or Shy Guys, usunf crafted items like scissors and tape, stuff like that. I'm down.

D

Deleted member

DLC is:
-Tacomeat(Shouts Betrayal and blames you for your mother's death)
-Ike with an axe
-Hector(Echo of Ike with an Axe)
-Intern-chan(Sharena leaks the game, fights alongside Feh)
-Groom Marth(unique character, rides on a horse and wields an axe)
Is that Todd Howard
Who else would it be?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
DLC is:
-Tacomeat(Shouts Betrayal and blames you for your mother's death)
-Ike with an axe
-Hector(Echo of Ike with an Axe)
-Intern-chan(Sharena leaks the game, fights alongside Feh)
-Groom Marth(unique character, rides on a horse and wields an axe)

Who else would it be?
ok but really, the FEH summoner as a character going Pokemon Trainer-style with Alfonse, Sharena and Anna is an underrated pick

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
I swear to God it's like you just woke up from a coma you've been in for the past six years and just discovered "this cool new Homestuck thing why doesn't anyone talk about it" and it trips me out hardcore.
Honestly I don't really understand why everyone hates on homestuck so much. I read it and enjoyed it.

Is the fandom really bad? I don't really engage in online communities much.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Back on track, who else here isn't particularly concerned with who the DLC is?
They are who they are and I'll be getting the fighter pack anyway, so

Speculation is fine of course, I just don't particularly care too much, let alone enough to "be disappointed" by it haha
based on the picks people expect im not going ot feel too strongly for this DLC unless i see sepiroth or like chun-li or laura. the rest of these picks i find dull.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wait, the last time I was on here, Spirits didn't deconfirm DLC characters...

Man have things changed. I've been out of the loop. :dizzy:
I think it's still being debated. To be honest I don't entirely believe Spirits are total deconfirms. Even with the point that Piranha Plant doesn't have a spirit. Though I do at least think it's hard to see many current spirits being in this fighter pass.

I'm very much in a situation where it depends if the Fighter Pass is all that's left for character additions (Like no surprise additional echoes outside of the fighter pass and/or a 2nd season). If the Fighter Pass is all that's left, then yeah I think at most there will only be one character that's a current spirit and could very well there be no characters who are Spirits in that situation.

So it's the number of spots that's more of a concern to current Spirit characters IMO then them being spirits currently.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ness's Father's Spirit Battle:

You fight with an invisible Snake in Onett. His Spirit is just a telephone sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom