• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
My feeling about Sora is that he's basically a Sony character, and putting him in Smash opens the series up to Disney characters, aka Donald and Goofy, in some way, because of they're associated heavily with Sora. To me, that's simply too far to go.
I don’t see that as happening at all.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
All of these insiders...

I don’t know why they’re pressuring this to be fake. This is honestly the best roster to end Ultimate on, and I don’t think how we can get any better with this if some aren’t even playable.

Ehh, I just want this leak to be real. And the things going for it makes me think that it is the real deal. The information coming from other people are simply making me shaky.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
My feeling about Sora is that he's basically a Sony character, and putting him in Smash opens the series up to Disney characters, aka Donald and Goofy, in some way, because of they're associated heavily with Sora. To me, that's simply too far to go.

I'm just going to...hum...
drop this here.

That's more than half of the Kingdom Hearts Series who had Exclusive Game on Nintendo for a long time.

and guess what?

In all of these games.

He never fight with Donald and Goofy, they're barely present.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
What's too far to go? You don't think Sora or Disney characters should be in the game? I guess I'm not understanding what you mean

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I congratulate you. You have ascended.

Hey, it's not my fault that Square Enix decides to put KH3 on Xbox One and then proceeds to only put the Remakes and that 2.8 Demo only on PS4 as a way to get people interested in the series before KH3 releases. That's on them.

D

Deleted member

Yeah it’s kinda subjective, but not entirely. There are characters who are factually popular in the community. A roster with K. Rool and Ridley is going to be considered “a lot better” than one without by the majority of the community, for example.

You’d have to be really out of touch with the community to think Incineroar would have an equal, let alone much more positive, reaction than Banjo.
I agree, perhaps I was being a bit hyperbolic. I’d still say it’s probably not worth looking into it too deeply, but it is an interesting thing to say, especially since I can’t really think of too many characters who rival the popularity of Isaac, geno, and banjo.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
PLOT TWIST: Incineroar was never real and is a false memory planted into our minds by Sakurai himself. Maybe the real Incineroar was the friends we made along the way.

D

Deleted member

Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Fantastic art, Noipoi! I love all of the details and references, and the artstyle is amazing.

Incineroar looks really cool. I hope you guys get him on Thursday, he sounds like he'd be a lot of fun. =)

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
If what insiders say is true and Incineroar and Isaac are in. Definitely Paper Mario would be the last character I want. *imagines all his ballots picks making it into the game*.

*My ballot picks were Ridley, Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur), Isaac and Paper Mario.
Sorry if I misunderstood, but why did you vote for Paper Mario if you don't want him in the game. Maybe you're not a native English speaker, but the phrase "the last thing I would" means you really dislike that thing. If you meant that you want the other characters more, then I understand you.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
What's too far to go? You don't think Sora or Disney characters should be in the game? I guess I'm not understanding what you mean
I don't think Donald/Goofy/etc. should be in the game. That's the step too far for me; Disney characters. I simply feel that putting Sora into the game makes it extremely tempting to put them into Smash as well in some capacity.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Isaac is not going to be an Assist Trophy. If he returns it's because the demand will have been heard. I am honestly certain Isaac's in. Not a lock but likely.

Ken is obviously playable this isn't a question, ACTUAL lock

Shadow: see Isaac

If Geno is in that means they got the right to his character. They would not make ****ing GENO an AT

Banjo-Kazooie would not be an Assist Trophy, this is obvious

Chorus Kids would be incredibly out of place as an Assist Trophy

Mach Rider is possible I guess, for an AT

Only real AT options imo are Chorus Kids and Mach Rider

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
This is so cool, these posters are going to be great memories to look back on when this speculation cycle is long gone. My favorite on this is definitely Jgt044 Jgt044 , that avatar always makes me chuckle.
Wow thanks! I've had this avatar for a while and I see no reason to change it any time soon lol. Weird that other people are using it on other sites now but whatever. Yours definitely ain't bad either!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Banjo not being in would suck personally. He was the only character aside from Isaac that I cared about (Ken and Shadow to a lesser degree).
Besides the characters on the leak, we also have several characters who could be announced who haven't been deconfirmed as of yet:

Paper Mario (and Luigi)
Toad
Skull Kid & Majora's Mask
Vaati/Agahnim/Ghirahim/Zant
Spring Man / Ribbon Girl
Chibi Robo
Dixie Kong
Bandana Waddle Dee
Rex with Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma
Elma
Octoling (echo)
Sylux
Federation Soldier (ew I know, but not impossible)
Dillon (Rolling Western)
Henry Fleming (STEAM)
Captain Rainbow
Lyn
Starfy
Takamaru
Sukapon
Harry (Teleroboxer) (good retro/Virtual Boy rep)

For third parties we could get:

Professor Layton
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright with Miles Edgeworth as echo
Lloyd Irving
Sora
Final Fantasy rep who actually appeared on a Nintendo system
(Black Mage, Onion Knight/Luneth, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Locke, Celes, Kefka, etc.)
Miles "Tails" Prower
Shantae
Amaterasu
Maxwell
Arthur (G&G)

Honestly, while Mystic's claim that we might get "a better roster" than Grinch could be true, but you'd need quantity to match Banjo and Geno levels, and 5 uniques was already pushing it.
*Andy intensifies*

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So you think that he's a Sony character huh?
Tell that to Snake and Cloud

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Not to bring us back to conspiracy theories or anything, but Gamexplain hasn't posted a direct predictions video yet.
There's still plenty of time for them to post it, but I wonder if they're going to do one this time...

The fact that they didn't do a discussion about the leak, avoided talking about it entirely during their weekly news roundup, and that they cancelled their podcast this week still has me feeling super suspicious.

If they don't post a predictions discussion before the direct, then something is absolutely up. Its worth keeping an eye on.

TheCrystalCave

Smash Cadet
Can we do an official SmashBoards Rabb.it where we all watch the original Grinch movie and the live action Grinch movie for the 3 hour lead up to the Direct?

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Okay Everyone!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

This is a lot of work in a very short time, and it captures a lot of the people here so well. Never stop doing this.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Whether I'm right (real) or if I'm wrong (fake) doesn't really matter anymore.
It doesn't matter
Now what happens, I will never give up the fight
Long as the voice inside drives me to run and fight
It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again
If there's anything to encourage me to spend more time posting and less time lurking, it's the prospect of eventually qualifying for Season 10. :troll:
Good work, though, really.

D

Deleted member

Personally I’d rather not have sora in the game, if only because I’m really not all that fond of Disney itself. I haven’t yet played any KH games, so I can’t make a full judgement on the character himself, but from what I have seen it doesn’t seem like the series or the character would be appealing to me. That just my opinion though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think Donald/Goofy/etc. should be in the game. That's the step too far for me; Disney characters. I simply feel that putting Sora into the game makes it extremely tempting to put them into Smash as well in some capacity.
Sakurai, after making Sora playable: "I... can't... resist." *his hands starts programming certain Disney characters by their own* "must...put them into the game."

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

IMMA BIG GHOST DRAGON!
FEAR ME!!!!!!!!!
I love this poster so much.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

That's awesome! Glad to see my boy Chibi-Robo being repped by Originality Originality here. He and Dark Samus are/were my two most wanted. Funny that I considered Chibi-Robo more likely in the grand scheme of things once upon a time. Maybe someday...

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Oh yeah I agree. If Sora gets in, people are gonna start expecting Disney characters. Even though we know that won't happen, the general audience would assume Sora = any Disney character. Even though Sakurai would never put in Disney characters, that fan expectation makes me think Sora might not even be in

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Not to bring us back to conspiracy theories or anything, but Gamexplain hasn't posted a direct predictions video yet.
There's still plenty of time for them to post it, but I wonder if they're going to do one this time...

The fact that they didn't do a discussion about the leak, avoided talking about it entirely during their weekly news roundup, and that they cancelled their podcast this week still has me feeling super suspicious.

If they don't post a predictions discussion before the direct, then something is absolutely up. Its worth keeping an eye on.
They're going to do so, they answered the Question on ResetEra. Just that it makes time to do it

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

I'll say it again.

You have significant talent, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom