• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think theoretically speaking 6-7 characters could work if Sakurai opens up with a newcomer trailer, has a section for 2-3 Echo's, has another trailer in the middle of the direct, one at the end of the direct, and then a teaser for the last character without a trailer.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Banjo not being in would suck personally. He was the only character aside from Isaac that I cared about (Ken and Shadow to a lesser degree).

*Andy intensifies*
Yeah, he's definitely a good pick, another series who has had an Assist Trophy for quite a while and yet no character notwithstanding several well-received games.

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
My feeling about Sora is that he's basically a Sony character, and putting him in Smash opens the series up to Disney characters, aka Donald and Goofy, in some way, because of they're associated heavily with Sora. To me, that's simply too far to go.
Not really opens it up, i mean sora was in world of final fantasy and the final fantasy mobile game and nothing disney is in either. Sora is as much a Sony character as Cloud which is not a thing anymore

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I wanted to be in the Smashboards anime....

:_(
You're my sidekick for the series plot twist.

Anyway, wow a Direct. Hyped, but it is at such a terrible time for me that I'll have to go a whole 6 hours without spoilers. Fantastic...Thursday at 10am benefits who, exactly?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
“I’m losing my career and my life is ruined because I was pushed and was too specific. I’m done with this Smash ****. I’m privating my Twitter.”

“Isaac is definitely in. The actually roster will be a lot better than the leak.” (the leak that includes Isaac, Geno, and BANJO, might I add)

I can’t be the only one thinking he’s starting to sound like he just wants attention, can I?
i really think they all want attention, and theyre getting it since just saying you have a source will make everyone on resetera think youre some kind of god

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah I agree. If Sora gets in, people are gonna start expecting Disney characters. Even though we know that won't happen, the general audience would assume Sora = any Disney character. Even though Sakurai would never put in Disney characters, that fan expectation makes me think Sora might not even be in
A lot of fans expect Waluigi, but it didn't stop :ultisabelle::ultlittlemac::ultdarksamus: from being playable.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Watch the final newcomers be Alm and Celica lol.
Hey as long as Celica doesn't hog all the attention yet again I'll be fine.
Personally I’d rather not have sora in the game, if only because I’m really not all that fond of Disney itself. I haven’t yet played any KH games, so I can’t make a full judgement on the character himself, but from what I have seen it doesn’t seem like the series or the character would be appealing to me. That just my opinion though.
Mine as well, Disney has never been my favourite company and I just...don't like Kingdom Hearts really. If Sora has to be in make him DLC so I don't necessarily have to buy him while others can enjoy him all they want.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
That's awesome! Glad to see by boy Chibi-Robo being repped by Originality Originality here. He and Dark Samus are/were my two most wanted. Funny that I considered Chibi-Robo more likely in the grand scheme of things once upon a time. Maybe someday...
We can only hope, and vote for him if there's another ballot.
chibi on fire.jpg

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Why are people saying that AT's are on the Mural? The Mural is only for playable characters (& Mr. Saturn).

If AT's can be on the Mural, then why hasn't Lyn or Waluigi, or Midna & Knuckles shown up on it?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, he's definitely a good pick, another series who has had an Assist Trophy for quite a while and yet no character notwithstanding several well-received games.
I'm cynical on Andy's chances but i'm hoping he gets a boost in another theoretical Ballot through Isaac being in the game. Given both AW and GS were thrown in the wayside this past decade so Andy's a beneficiary in Isaac's inclusion.

That being said though I hope the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy gets overhauled so it's a CO like Nell using the units and instead of just Infantry & Tanks it's all the different kinds of units from Advance Wars.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Actual, serious question. Why do Insiders seem to have all of this information on characters and even nuances like who is an Assist Trophy, but no information on the remaining modes and single player?

I feel like those are pretty big features not often rumored or discussed by them, but they know Mach Rider or Shadow or whatever (just examples) are Assist trophies?

Not trying to throw shade. Genuinely curious

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Some people are misunderstanding mystic's words, so basically after the debacle the leaks/harassment/etc he had mentioned his career was likely over and that there talk that he might have to step down from translating and later mentioned he only shares information receives and says many times to not put absolute stock in his words. Recently he said there may a positive update to his career as a translator, and thats all i know really.
I think mystic is known for more "official" information instead of leaks, but Nekoo Nekoo probably knows more about this guy than me.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Anyway, wow a Direct. Hyped, but it is at such a terrible time for me that I'll have to go a whole 6 hours without spoilers. Fantastic...Thursday at 10am benefits who, exactly?
Me. It's 17.00 for me and I have no classes. Though my brother wasn't so lucky. F

D

Deleted member

Probably trying to time it so that it's not too inconvenient for others around the world, which unfortunately still makes it awkward for everyone.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
A lot of fans expect Waluigi, but it didn't stop :ultisabelle::ultlittlemac::ultdarksamus: from being playable.
True. I bet the Waluigi fans will expect him to be in the next game too, and I have a feeling they'll be let down once again

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wishful thinking time: Trailer starts with Incineroar cutting a heel promo on a booing crowd and gloating, only for him to be interrupted by the babyface: Starman from NES Pro Wrestling! The Amazon as an alt costume.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Crackpot theory: The "Second Direct" is actually referring to the post-direct Treehouse Live (https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1057271576687595520)
Arent treehouses normaly right after a direct?
Legit curious guys. Has any insider mentioned the chances of Phoenix Wright being a fighter?
from what ive seen "insiders* mostly go for characters that have ben said by everyone

Well, I mean, thats what ive seen

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I definitely can't keep up with all of this talk. I think Isaac and Ken are definitely likely regardless of the Grinch leak.

I want the Grinch leak to be real because I really want Banjo-Kazooie and Geno a lot, but also have some characters I really want/think are likely that are said to not to be in because of it, so we'll see.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Actual, serious question. Why do Insiders seem to have all of this information on characters and even nuances like who is an Assist Trophy, but no information on the remaining modes and single player?

I feel like those are pretty big features not often rumored or discussed by them, but they know Mach Rider or Shadow or whatever (just examples) are Assist trophies?

You have a friends working in the industry.

You take a drink and talk about stuff.

Literally how stuff happens 90% of the time.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I had sympathy for Mystic, but now it just looks like he seeking attention. Either her really has nothing to lose or he is being really stupid right now. Apologiez to those that like him, but I have no idea why he's doing this.

Smartiicals

Smash Cadet
Three of which were clones.
I mean is it necessary to do a full analysis of each character? Do they all need full trailers with cinematic trailer, gameplay trailer, stage, music, bosses, Sakurai analysis bla bla bla? They could speed it up. I'm not team real or anything but it can be done.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

Because... nintendo has told everyone to deny everything having to do with the leak.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I'm cynical on Andy's chances but i'm hoping he gets a boost in another theoretical Ballot through Isaac being in the game. Given both AW and GS were thrown in the wayside this past decade so Andy's a beneficiary in Isaac's inclusion.

That being said though I hope the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy gets overhauled so it's a CO like Nell using the units and instead of just Infantry & Tanks it's all the different kinds of units from Advance Wars.
Golden Sun and Advance Wars are GBA gems. Completely underrated series. Hopefully they get more attention soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom