• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll say Sike when Mother 3 is released on the Wii U VC, the Gen 7 starters are confirmed fake, Splatoon Switch port is released, Mario Kart 8 deluxe doesn't exist but also has new stages, the Smash 4 port is released, Maxi is confirmed gay, the Star Fox racing game comes out, Retro's 2017 not-DK-not-Metroid project launches, Breath of the Wild misses the Switch launch, etc. etc...
YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!

SPAWN-WAVE

You can criticize all of the insiders. But he hasn't been wrong about anything for a full year, sitting on a 11 first hand leak reported and 0 fail ,was the first one to talk about the November direct back in begining of October and the 1st November date dropped in his spawncast and he's saying that the leak is clearly fake because of:

Incineroar
Another Character is missing
Alongside seemingly being very iffy about Banjo

So, what do you think about that?

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Emely Rogers said the Grinch leak was fake, Jon from gamexplain said the leak was fake, Vergeben stood by his stance that Incineroar is in, I am in the 1% minority of people who believe this leak is fake.

Dixie Kong my queen, I won't give up on you until the end :(

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
"Don't listen to what anyone has to say, especially the people who clearly have more access to information than us"

You say you won't apologize to anybody, but you've been very condescending this whole leak around. Always one step away of telling anyone who disagreed with you to shut up. Please, you have as much information as anyone else here, maybe get off your high horse?
I have been following this thread for 500 pages or so, and I have never noticed PaperChampion acting rude to anyone in any sort of way. You must've quoted the wrong person or confused him for someone, or perhaps his general support of the leak has cemented a notion of trollish behaviour on his part, when in reality, he's been nothing but civil.
And if his opinion of insiders' trustworthiness is at issue. That's his opinion. and he's so far, only articulated it respectfully.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Hyped for the direct. I know barely much about this leak. Whether it’s true or not, Smash is Smash to me. Whatever vitriol is going on can be left at the front door cause Thursday morning we heading to the Smash house.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
??? Seriously dude, talk about ****ing hypocrisy. You "soundbite" my comments to make yourself look better. Maybe you should heed your own advice? I have never personally attacked anyone on this forum. Ever.

I have made counterarguments because I can and will.
You singled out insiders, it's freaking there on your post. I do agree their word shouldn't be taken as holy and definitive, but it's also important to remind that these people DO have connections, be they wrong, fake or not.

Also you brushed everyone aside and had a general condescending attitude this whole time, but I can see that being just you getting very heated in discussion... like right now. Perhaps calm down a bit then.

I have been following this thread for 500 pages or so, and I have never noticed PaperChampion acting rude to anyone in any sort of way. You must've quoted the wrong person or confused him for someone, or perhaps his general support of the leak has cemented a notion of trollish behaviour on his part, when in reality, he's been nothing but civil.
And if his opinion of insiders' trustworthiness is at issue. That's his opinion. and he's so far, only articulated it respectfully.
Wish that was it, but I specifically remember discussing with him and it got heated very fast.

Last edited:

JMac52

Smash Cadet
Man, I holding out hope for Mach Rider. I’d be super excited to see him/her in the game. (Or Balloon Fighter if the leak isn’t real...)

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I’m going to ask again but which leakers or insiders said there are multiple AT in the banner leak? Are there sources on this?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'll say Sike when Mother 3 is released on the Wii U VC, the Gen 7 starters are confirmed fake, Splatoon Switch port is released, Mario Kart 8 deluxe doesn't exist but also has new stages, the Smash 4 port is released, Maxi is confirmed gay, the Star Fox racing game comes out, Retro's 2017 not-DK-not-Metroid project launches, Breath of the Wild misses the Switch launch, etc. etc...
How about all the instances where they're right?
You can't just cherry pick stuff that isn't confirmed or turned out incorrect to suit your hilariously false narrative.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!

SPAWN-WAVE

You can criticize all of the insiders. But he hasn't been wrong about anything for a full year, sitting on a 11 first hand leak reported and 0 fail ,was the first one to talk about the November direct back in begining of November and the 1st November date dropped in his spawncast and he's saying that the leak is clearly fake because of:

Incineroar
Another Character is missing
Alongside seemingly being very iffy about Banjo

So, what do you think about that?
I don't think that's what he said, or even implied. He said he thinks it's fake, but if it's real then it's missing characters, not just Incineroar. He gives Banjo a 50/50 chance. He's one of the few with insider information leaving open the possibility of it being real (unless his tuned changed since the Spawncast).

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I'm seeing some early victory celebrations on both sides of the Grinch leak.

I wouldn't start rubbing this in other people's faces just yet. You're gonna look like a complete idiot if you act cocky and smug about this only to end up wrong in the end.
You're gonna look like an idiot regardless imo. It's just a game, no need to act high and mighty because you guessed the last pixels in it

D

Deleted member

Because of their tone, their aggression and disparaging remarks, their lack of humility. Take your pick. :upsidedown:

Obviously not all insiders. But there are certainly a couple of names that come to mind.
Me looking for an insider doing any of those things unprovoked:
2F229C49-162B-4B81-9E9C-1993201AFD66.gif

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
So, out of the series that don't have multiple representatives (counting :ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters: as a wii series, and not counting :ultryu: because Ken is p much inevitable):
:ultbayonetta:
:ultfalcon:
:ultcloud:
:ultduckhunt: (Arguably "Lightgun", if it is impossible to pick another)
:ulticeclimbers:
:ultinkling:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultmegaman:
:ultgnw:
:ultolimar:
:ultpacman:
:ultrob:
:ultshulk:
:ultsnake:
:ultsonic:
:ultwario:
Who would you add for each?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh, and there used to be a time when announcing DLC prior to the game's release was considered taboo.

Now no one cares for some reason. I guess the sheer inertia has made protest futile, so, better just embrace it?
I guess people are okay with it, because Smash never made it so like it's just withholding content.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Never trust a insider, only trust a outsider.

:yeahboi:

Alright, I'm getting bad at this, to be frank, I think right now we are just complaining at each other and trying to have the last word on the other side before the direct prove either side wrong. While it may have been fun to some, for me, I think it's time I slowy quit this thread until the direct happen, I don't want anyone to influence my opinion too much, and whatever the leak is right or wrong, we still have a 40 minutes direct that is going to reveal even more about a game that is already filled with so much content, it's not even funny tbh.

So, whatever camp you fall up here, I hope you be able to find good in all of this chaos. Even if we are going to end with alot of salt in any case.

On those words, see you at the bonfire.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
And this is called generalizing. I have never bad mouthed any pro-fake or insider. I've only called them out on their ****.
You put in your narrative, in case it is fake, you were deceived by the leaker and he is a scumbag for it.

Then if the leak is real, then that means insiders were deceived by Nintendo.

Why would you and the first group receive nothing for being deceived while you go and proclaim the insiders deserve punishment if they fall under the same circumstances?

D

Deleted member

*Direct starts*

*Ajit Pai is on screen*

Ajit Pai: Hell-

*Sakurai punches him*

SAKURAI TROLLS INTO THE FIELD.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alternate Timeline: The direct starts and its similar to the 2015 Final Smash Bros direct. It opens up with Celica and Alm as new Fire Emblem characters and ends with Dante as a Bayonetta echo.
Can this actually happen? Please?

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Oh, and there used to be a time when announcing DLC prior to the game's release was considered taboo.

Now no one cares for some reason. I guess the sheer inertia has made protest futile, so, better just embrace it?
For fighting games they do more good than harm and in Smash Bros' case, look at the massive content were getting on the base game. And even then, as far as we know, not a single "on-disc" DLC. DLC is not the devil, it's not even bad honestly. In Smash's case I'd say it's great! We shouldn't condemn DLC as a whole, just very ****ty practices.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I love how this is said as if it wasn't a big deal.
Yeah, ignore the 30 ****ing people with inside sources saying the same thing.

"I'm not going to apologize because it's someone else's fault for me acting like a ********"
The problem is they're not all saying the same thing. Or at the very least it took them a few days to circle the wagons on the issue, which shows you how defensive they are about the entire issue, when they shouldn't be.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So, out of the series that don't have multiple representatives (counting :ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters: as a wii series, and not counting :ultryu: because Ken is p much inevitable):
:ultbayonetta: - Rodin
:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow
:ultcloud: - Sephiroth
:ultlittlemac: - Mr Sandman
:ultmegaman: - Zero
:ultolimar: - Louie
:ultpacman: - Spooky
:ultshulk: - Mumkhar
:ultsnake: - Raiden
:ultsonic: - Eggman
:ultwario: - Ashley

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Just going to point something out, a lot of big heads in the community saying something is fake doesn't mean it's fake. Anyone remember, during Smash 4 DLC speculation, a bunch of well known figures in the Smash community saying that Inklings would be DLC?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't think that's what he said, or even implied. He said he thinks it's fake, but if it's real then it's missing characters, not just Incineroar. He gives Banjo a 50/50 chance. He's one of the few with insider information leaving open the possibility of it being real (unless his tuned changed since the Spawncast).
Nah. In the spawn cast he clearly says it's fake for reasons, he says Incineroar because it's public knowledge but also because there is characters missing and wrong.
And the way he's iffy about Banjo is suspicious.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Actualy a Banjo and Crash Bandicoot together with Mario would be the best!

Agumon with Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer as well.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
:ultbayonetta: I've never played so Jeanne I guess
:ultfalcon: Samurai Goroh
:ultcloud: I have no idea
:ultduckhunt: (Arguably "Lightgun", if it is impossible to pick another) ????
:ulticeclimbers: Is there other characters?
:ultinkling: VEEMO
:ultlittlemac:King Hippo
:ultmegaman: Protoman
:ultgnw: ????
:ultolimar: Alph as his own thing
:ultpacman: Mrs. Pacman
:ultrob: ????
:ultshulk: Elma or Rex
:ultsnake: Raiden
:ultsonic: Shadow
:ultwario: Ashley

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So. Spawn just put out a new video regarding the Final Smash Direct, and he had this to say about if the leak happens to be fake, alongside with the whole info about "other characters that are missing". Link to the video for mobile users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeGnVb025Os

"...And I think we're gonna see that on Thursday, and at that point it'll be shown that the leak was not real, but... ...that doesn't necessarily mean you won't be happy with the other characters that show up, so look forward to that."

Assurance, thy name is THANK CHRIST. He also bets on hopefully us getting a Beta Demo, because by that point, we're gonna already know the entirety of the roster, and the online has to be tested in some shape or form before release. Better now than later, right?

The key note is that he's just giving out his thoughts and his sources aren't saying anything on this matter, rather, The Game Awards is where things will get interesting, so the streak is still alive regardless after this Direct.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

:ultbayonetta: Jeanne (Echo)
:ultfalcon: Samurai Goroh
:ultcloud: Black Mage
:ultduckhunt: Captain N
:ulticeclimbers: N/A
:ultinkling: Octoling, but only a semiclone
:ultlittlemac: King Hippo
:ultmegaman: Zero (R.I.P.)
:ultgnw: Mini Kangaroo (Counting it as part of the same series is a bit of a stretch but whatever)
:ultolimar: Plasm Wraith
:ultpacman: Patra from PAC-MAN Party
:ultrob: N/A
:ultshulk: Pyra and Mythra as one character
:ultsnake: Raiden
:ultsonic: Shade from Sonic Chronicles
:ultwario: Captain Syrup

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
yeah, after all the salt last night, my allegiance to the leak is whatever now. I figure any new character would be exciting to me no matter what I'd say, but Geno is the only one I want, and so far no one has actually said anything against him - some are even confident that he's in.
if the leak is true then that's awesome but even if it isn't, I don't have much to complain about.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Boy, you listen and you listen good: if you're going to support ANY non-game character, it's gotta be Zoe. GOT IT?
(I'm kidding around, I'm sure your post was a joke too.)
Yeah, I honestly do not think I'll have any problems keeping the game fresh without DLC.

People are still learning new things about Melee over 17 years later, without the need for DLC or even patches.
True, but some people still have characters they've been wanting in the game but haven't been able to get, and DLC could give them the character they've been wanting after all these years

osby

Smash Obsessed

:ultbayonetta: : Jeanne
:ultfalcon: : Jody Summer
:ultcloud: : Zack Fair
:ultduckhunt: (Arguably "Lightgun", if it is impossible to pick another) : It's not
:ulticeclimbers: : ???
:ultinkling: : Octolings
:ultlittlemac: : Glass Joe
:ultmegaman: : Roll
:ultgnw: : ???
:ultolimar: : Brittany, purely because of bias
:ultpacman: : Ms. PAC-MAN?
:ultrob: : I can't remember the guy in his games
:ultshulk: : Elma
:ultsnake: : Raiden
:ultsonic: : Tails or Shadow
:ultwario: : Mona, I guess

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, Smash Direct on Thursday, 2:00 PM UK time.

Last Direct before the Game releases.

Longer than the 50-fact Extravaganza. And people were saying they wouldn't have enough time to introduce 7 Characters at once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom