• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
If it makes you feel better, the Omnimon you're pointing out is actually just a bit of the clouds.
If you look, this specific arrangement of clouds is near Sheik in separate banners.
Yeah but , look at this and compare to the old banners, and you will see
The blue and orange parts with a white body
The clouds could be part of this, but not all.

ooomega.jpg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well I guess that one picture is getting a lot of discussion. But I'm remaining skeptical myself. Though Banjo would be pretty cool for all the homeboys that wanted him.

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
Sure it looks real, has the fkn Grinch and all but how come the leaker had the time to take a snap chat vid but no time to take a propper photo? Just look and this poor *******'s leak and compare it to the Grinch leak and we live in an age where cell phones have 4K now... I really dont buy it and I have nothing against the supposed newcomers, and hope that the game makes everybody happy but dont get too hyped for this "leak".
PS even if it's fake total **** move to include the name of the guy cuz I'm sure as hell sure that was not the leakers name.

D

Deleted member

Idea: If the Grinch leak turns out to be real, I can see them doing one big trailer that reveals every new fighter on the banner sans Banjo, and have that trailer tie into Spirits mode, if it is as big as we think it is. Banjo would be the final reveal at the end of the direct.
Oh yeah, Banjo is 100% gonna be the final reveal.

He's the big one. Sakurai more than knows the potential behind that character reveal. Banjo coming back to Nintendo is HISTORIC.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sure it looks real, has the fkn Grinch and all but how come the leaker had the time to take a snap chat vid but no time to take a propper photo? Just look and this poor *******'s leak and compare it to the Grinch leak and we live in an age where cell phones have 4K now... I really dont buy it and I have nothing against the supposed newcomers, and hope that the game makes everybody happy but dont get too hyped for this "leak".
PS even if it's fake total **** move to include the name of the guy cuz I'm sure as hell sure that was not the leakers name.

Because he clearly didn't expect it to get out like it did as evidenced by him deleting the video quickly after.

D

Deleted member

What I don't buy is that in three years, this dev team was able to develop 81 fighters, potentially a story-mode, everything in Games & More, everything in Vault, and the main Smash mode that has at least 5 different complex modes in it with 103 stages and 800 pieces of music.

Time will tell, I suppose, but this whole thing seems waaaaaaay too good to be true. Thankfully, we most likely only have like two weeks at most until this is all over.

Wambo

Smash Ace
View attachment 171608

The more I look at Shadow in the "Grinch leak", the more I question....

Why is his arm too wide? It doesn't look right.
I know what you're looking at. It's not his arm, but one of his head spike things. Hedgehogs in Sonic have two large spikes on the sides of their head and one big one at the top middle.

Then again, with how much Sega likes to redesign good designs, I wouldn't be surprised if that number has changed...

osby

Smash Obsessed
My legitimate, actual condolences to @GoldenYuiitusin and all other Incineroar supporters. If this leak is legit, then this is such a ****ty way to have your character-of-choice deconfirmed. If it's fake and Ken + Incineroar are the final two characters, then you'll have to deal with everyone complaining about your favorite character as if THEY were the reason that Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie aren't in the game. Either way, you guys got the short end of the stick.
You guys need to listen the good old Bayonetta closely: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hw3qkN4fH2g/maxresdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member

I actually really hope this leak is real just so it can clear the way for Rex, SK, and Elma in dlc. I don't know how well their chances in dlc would fare vs. Isaac, Geno, Banjo, etc.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
EVERYONE (else) IS HERE!
And then Sakurai closes the direct with an actual-- in English-- "Never ask me for anything ever again." And walks off screen.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to see the next Direct when this leak will be debunked.

I can't believe how easy to trick people are, even if you bring them evidence.

Nintendo needs to announce a Direct as soon as possible, to stop all this.

In the meanwhile, those people who make money on leaks (youtubers, news sites, etc) will be very happy.
The evidence is the fact that it's confirmed the leaker worked for a media company hired by Bamco and also worked on promo stuff for the new Grinch film.

Personally, I can't wait for the direct to finally confirm all these reveals, they're gonna be so hype!

D

Deleted member

Aside from the mural leak, I'm just gonna go on the record and say **** it, we're getting Sora at The Game Awards before this game launches. It'd be an insane bombshell for DLC even, and Spawn really has been profusely "guessing" Sora with each Smash video.

He knew about the November dual-Directs 4 weeks before everyone else, so I can't see the rumors about Sora at TGA not being real.

Who knows, might be someone different, but the fact there's still one more character to be announced and it's confirmed by the most credible info broker we have at the moment should create some hype for people, for sure.

D

Deleted member

If this ends up being real, my condolences to all Incineroar supporters. Y’all got the most flak by far.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 171608

The more I look at Shadow in the "Grinch leak", the more I question....

Why is his arm too wide? It doesn't look right.
That's probably dudes hair. Though I wonder if the pose is original or not. I'm interested how this turns out. Regardless, I got most characters I wanted so I'm good.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I can't believe the GRINCH, of all things, ****ing murdered the box theory (if the leaks's legit, which seems almost 85% likely)

D

Deleted member

What I don't buy is that in three years, this dev team was able to develop 81 fighters, potentially a story-mode, everything in Games & More, everything in Vault, and the main Smash mode that has at least 5 different complex modes in it with 103 stages and 800 pieces of music.

Time will tell, I suppose, but this whole thing seems waaaaaaay too good to be true. Thankfully, we most likely only have like two weeks at most until this is all over.
This is Sakurai we’re talking about. The man has a reputation for breaking his limits.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
You keep acting like we're fools for discussing this???

The biggest leak to date???

In the thread for the game it is a leak for????

Sorry I guess let's return to being vile to each other and talking about how stupid [a character people want] is before hopping back to talking about Xenoblade or something.

Apologies if I come off as hostile but after this drought? Let us have this my friend.
"Oof", as they say in Spain. :/

MainJPW

M.T.A
Good to see you come around my friend. I look forward to joining the Tails Supporter Group soon.
I too prefer Tails to Shadow. Not going to lie, I like Shadow for his design and abilities more than anything else so I’m cool with him but I grew up with the classics so I’m more partial to Tails and Knuckles. That little mutant knowitall in particular needs an upgrade from a mere background element; Knuckles got upgraded to assist, Shadow presumably gets upgraded to playable and... Tails is in the background still?

He may not be a lot of people’s cup of tea lately (thanks Unleashed/Lost World/Forces for making him a whiny, scared ****) but at least you can say he’s always been there and is THE player 2 of the franchise.
  • Almost as old as the Blue Blur himself
  • Debuting in the game (Sonic 2) that became the best selling game on its global release giving it enormous media coverage as well as putting Sega next to Nintendo in total market share.
  • only missed 3 games since his debut.
  • Has 3 games of his own. Hell in two of them he defended whole islands from villainy on his own and took on an entire army.
  • One of the most popular sidekicks in gaming history. He is Sonic’s Luigi.
I know how people feel about saying characters “deserve” things but Tails I feel should at least get more than a cameo just due to his history.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
This is coming from a guy who has DESPERATELY wanted a massive character leak like this: I can't help but feel really bad for Sakurai right now, if this leak is legit.

Like, if he really cares about surprising Smash fans and keeping everything under wraps, today must be a really, REALLY depressing day for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom