• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
People will literally never be happy with the roster. It's kind of sad, but you get used to it.

Now unless this leak contains planned DLC already, I'm going to be kind of surprised if it's real. It looks real, but are we really getting 7 more characters? With not one of them being a Pokemon newcomer?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Dunno how credible these guys are, but a good read for those who want to catch up.
https://twitter.com/LeakReview/status/1055095636847030273

And let me just say before I go for my two hours of sleep, let me just say how happy I am that we could've called this the "mural leak" or the "French leak (#2)" or the "Chad Ganondorf leak"... but as an entire community, we collectively knew it was destined to be "The Grinch Leak". Amazing. :laugh::awesome:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Someone on Reddit mentioned that most of Roy's right foot was hidden in the banner behind Inkling but with this leak, his right foot is shown fully, which has never been seen before. If this is true, why would a fake leaker go through the trouble of adding Roy's foot if it was fake? Why not just keep him where he was?

You can actually look for these details in a lot of other characters. It's not just moving characters and adding new ones, if it was fake you have to also draw in things hidden behind other characters.

I'm going with team hmmmm BUT probably real with this one.
Same thing with Greninja's tongue, if I'm not wrong.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what characters are on this banner leak roster, anyway?
Shadow the Hedgehog, Isaac the Venus Adept, Banjo the 90's, Ken the Echo, Mach Rider the contractual retro, Geno the Puppet and Chorus Kids the Leak.

There may also be Gardevoir or a bunch of clouds.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
DLC's certainly going to be interesting this time, as if the most recent leaks are true, then there really isn't much of potential newcomers left, I mean sure there's still Travis Touchdown, but who is really left to add?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Wait a second

If this dude posted his real name and it’s fake, wouldn’t his company get in trouble?

If it’s real only he gets canned but I would expect there to be big repercussions if he misrepresented/faked it.

Likely the guy who took the snapchat is some random factory guy.

The guy whos names links back to the graphic design company is probly who made the banner and sent the images to the factory for printing.

thats my assumption anyway, so poor guy if it wasnt him who leaked this at all IF he gets in trouble somehow.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Back when the Ridley reveal happened, I decided that I would be happy with only one or two newcomers, and that I really wanted only 2 characters from the new hopefuls: Simon Belmont and Bandana Dee. They seemed like reasonable choices and I really love both of those characters. Geno, Isaac, Ken, etc... they seemed -plausible- and I liked them, but I considered those more like "nice surprises", not characters I would get my hopes up for.

It just kinda hurts to think that Bandana Dee, my 'safe' hopeful, is excluded (assuming this leak is true).

More hurtful is that if this leak is true, the only female newcomers we got (out of 13) were a Clone Princess and a Dog... :(
Mach Rider is a female too you know.
6ooltc.png

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Okay, so...

> "People were idiots about thinking Steve and a character from Granblue Fantasy are coming to the roster"
Hey, I like this guy. :nifty:

> "There's no more Fire Emblem"
You know that's a straight-faced ****ing lie, we're going to get Edelgard when Fire Emblem: Three Houses comes along as DLC after Robin/Lucina and Corrin.

> "Banjo, Geno, AND Isaac are in the game" / "7 characters are going to be in the next direct"

View attachment 171517

Yeah, calling the Bull**** Police because we got a Code Brown here. Look, I'm all for having every character in existence in this game, but the moment you say that there's gonna be 7 characters is just insane. And even if you announce one in the upcoming General Nintendo Direct next month and have 6 characters in the next Smash Direct, I think it's a bit much, even for Smash Ultimate.
Also, we're going by the "only get characters people want and add one retro character" route, and this has always been an iffy one.

At the end of the day, my thoughts: People are gonna forget about this after a few and nobody is really gonna care afterwards.

The problem is that Smash Ultimate has become quite the cesspool of severely fake ****, that even the most real "leaks" are shoved under the rug. Remember when the whole E3 reveal was leaked, yet nobody cared and shoved it off like nothing? Even people during the Isabelle reveal never really thought about the whole thing about people leaking the roster, as she was mentioned a lot. I think the only time people will genuinely have attention to any leak at this point is if Nintendo's Intern-kuns does it themselves, like the Castlevania Incident. Had Smash Ultimate not been filled with countless theories, LaxChris shoving down "CONFIRMED LEAK" videos down our throats, thousands upon thousands of text-only leaks, and much MUCH more to list off of, I think this new "leak" would be taken more seriously.

Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That image is perfect.

But yeah, this is the timeline where Djinns exist and Smashboards got a hold of it.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
People will literally never be happy with the roster. It's kind of sad, but you get used to it.
It's because not everyone has the same tastes or interests.

Not everyone is super crazy about Ridley, King K. Rool and Simon Belmont, etc.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love Phoenix Wright and the Ace Attorney series a lot.

But I gotta be real.

There are so many Capcom characters far more iconic and noteworthy in gaming/Nintendo that should probably be a consideration before him for Smash Brothers.

That's the danger of some of these companies. They have a list of iconics a mile long, but Capcom just might be the one that has the MOST.
I mean it somehow worked for Geno if this is real. Though know that I think about it, what Capcom character would be added after Ken? Most I saw was Dante due to the DMCV leaker pulling a loz

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
More hurtful is that if this leak is true, the only female newcomers we got (out of 13) were a Clone Princess and a Dog... :(
Why do you say that as if being a dog is a bad thing?

Plus if Wii Fit Trainer counts as female then so does Inkling

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if Eric was a stupid-o and did something ****ty to a co-worker and they made a fake leak or even had his real materials with his name on it to invoke the wrath of his company, Bandai Namco, and Nintendo on him.

That's the last time he'll ever step on some toes.

Last edited:

ThePokéYoshi

Smash Cadet
Leaning towards #TeamReal, Leak Review summed up the reasons why nicely:
https://twitter.com/LeakReview/status/1055095636847030273

Also, can I just say, people are so ungrateful. "Oh no, my character that had a relatively small chance of getting in isn't in, the roster sucks". This happened with Smash 4 too. If this leak ends up being real, you can't look at this roster and tell me it isn't good, that it doesn't include a lot of characters people have been wanting forever. Ridley, K. Rool, Simon Belmont, freaking GENO and BANJO, not to mention the return of every single character from the previous games. Of course there are some characters I personally would've liked that aren't in there such as Bandana Dee, but that doesn't make me unsatisfied with the roster. And let's not forget that potential DLC will make it even better, so I don't want to hear any complaints just because your niece character didn't make it in.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Frogger, Q-Bert, Rawk Hawk, Giygas, Pico, Deoxys, Paper Mario, Boshi, Pitfall Harry, and Doomguy aren't in?

absolute trash tbh

LetterO

Smash Lord
Screw it, I’m going all in for this leak. There’s alot of effort put in for it to be fake, so I’m throwing my cards and saying real. Even with the lack of Incineroar I’ll be super hyped at this being true!

also because i made a bet that if a rhythm heaven character doesn’t get in i’ll have to use the discord light theme for 3 months

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I'm not going to pretend this is evidence of anything so don't quote me on this as some kind of proof either way, but Pikachu's spatial positioning on this poster makes no sense to me.

Despite being in front of Cloud's sword, Cloud is still generally the one in the front. Also while you clearly can see Pikachu's shadow... it doesn't really drop right to me. It should be further down. It looks like Pikachu is plastered ontop of the poster itself rather than being a "part" of the poster.

It's not like you can't consolidate Cloud or Pikachu's positions better if you want Pikachu to be the one in front. You can move Cloud up, or move Pikachu down. It looks really awkward compared to the rest of the actual poster - not that they'd make this kind of mistake but unless I'm crazy it looks unbecomingly poor.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Someone on Reddit mentioned that most of Roy's right foot was hidden in the banner behind Inkling but with this leak, his right foot is shown fully, which has never been seen before. If this is true, why would a fake leaker go through the trouble of adding Roy's foot if it was fake? Why not just keep him where he was?

You can actually look for these details in a lot of other characters. It's not just moving characters and adding new ones, if it was fake you have to also draw in things hidden behind other characters.

The unseen portions of renders being revealed - Roy, Jigglypuff, etc. - is why I'm still thinking this is real, shadows be damned. There's a point where it tips over from Artsyomni's levels of dedication to "****, okay, maybe there is something going on here."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still think we don't have enough Echoes, and hopefully they will make a few DLC Echoes.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Shadow the Hedgehog, Isaac the Venus Adept, Banjo the 90's, Ken the Echo, Mach Rider the contractual retro, Geno the Puppet and Chorus Kids the Leak.

There may also be Gardevoir or a bunch of clouds.
Where is the Gardevoir meant to be? I'm having trouble seeing her.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Imagine if Eric was a stupid-o and did something ****ty to a co-worker and they made a fake leak or even had his real materials with his name on it to invoke the wrath of his company, Bandai Namco, and Nintendo on him.

That's the last time he'll ever step on some toes.
That's what I'm wondering.

This could be career sabotage in action here.

Still, even if fake, it'll be intresting to see the full non-blurry version.
Fakers love to turn around and become artsits the minute they're exposed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oops.png

Preemptive, perhaps, but I'm a man of my word. :p

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Again, I’d like to say: There’s no concrete proof of this being real despite being seemingly legitimate. So this hasn’t ruined any surprises for me.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907

This is the sort of thing I'm curious about; I'd like to see in-depth comparisons of the visible portions of the existing characters in all the previous renders, but I don't have the time to pore over it myself. That and a better look at the shadows; the fact that they seem to be more obscured now in several places than ever before does seem odd, at the least.

Personally, I'm #TeamHighlySkepticalButIntrigued; the circumstantial stuff is interesting, but I've yet to find any particularly compelling selling point.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for the next direct to confirm goku and throw all speculation out the window :4pacman:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Less we forget you guys that the ESRB leak was “fake” because shulk was a photoshopped little Mac. You can take both sides with a grain of salt, evidence point against it is assumption based that “we can’t get 7 fighters”, or the shadows or background look slightly off, but that doesn’t straight up deconfirm anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom