• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Change of pace: favorite songs in Smash Bros? Off the top of my head the Melee version of Brinstar Depths and Tetris Type A are first to come to mind (I don't know what we did to deserve the awesome remix for the latter)
Over the entire series, if I had to pick just one, I would pick Brawl's Final Destination theme. Epic, rockin', and perfectly evocative of a true final battle, it has been my go-to theme for the stage.

In terms of by games represented, I'm going to sound like a broken record, but the Mega Man X Central Highway remix is among one of my new favorites in Ultimate currently. Vs. Ridley in Brawl is another wonderful track, as is King Dedede's Theme in Brawl. Ultimate's Gang-Plank Galleon remix is sublime though, and hard to top as well.

There's honestly too many I could list as I love plenty, but these are among the standouts for me at this time. Smash OSTs in general are among my favorites in gaming, which is why I always look forward to hearing more of the new snippets every week. :)

D

Deleted member

Change of pace: favorite songs in Smash Bros? Off the top of my head the Melee version of Brinstar Depths and Tetris Type A are first to come to mind (I don't know what we did to deserve the awesome remix for the latter)
Do modded songs count?

dk rap.png

Otherwise, Engage the Enemy. It's probably my favorite song in gaming period, and even if the missing 20 seconds in the middle is super noticeable, the song is still fantastic.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
What would you do if your most wanted of all time got in but you did not like their playstyle at all, and couldn’t get used to it at all?
Could totally see that happening if Braixen were to get in, tbh (if how hard a time I had trying to adapt to Pokkén is any indication). Wouldn't care, though, couldn't hurt to branch out in playstyle anyway.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I guess I shouldn't have asked my question when there was already so much going on, whoops...!

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I guess I shouldn't have asked my question when there was already so much going on, whoops...!
wtf my response to you is missing?

In short I said I would be surprised if they don't offer preloading - letting people download the game but not actually play it until Dec 7th. That should take off some pressure from the servers.

D

Deleted member

Voted Ridley, no questions asked on this one. One of my most wanted newcomers since Smash 4 and I'm maining the hell out of him when the game comes out.
What would you do if your most wanted of all time got in but you did not like their playstyle at all, and couldn’t get used to it at all?
I play Greninja from time to time even though he feels like if I tried to hold a slippery frog with my hands and I'm currently trying to make Robin work even though I have no idea how so I'd just torture myself by losing until I get them right.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In the current poll, I voted for Ridley. Tough call between him and K. Rool, but I figured that Ridley was the longer shot between the two of them, and I've supported him since the Brawl days. I can't wait to finally play as him in a Smash game!

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I'm hype for all of em, but :ultkrool:all the way, he packs a lot of oomph in his hits! Still though, :ultdaisy::ultinkling::ultrichter::ultridley:<3

Also, just wondering, I plan to download the game digitally! Like, as soon as I can, I'll be ready 11:59pm on Dec 6th... I don't really care about boxart and I'm not worried about data space or whatever. The only other con I imagine is the servers being too busy for a while... But hopefully Nintendo expects this and makes adjustments? Maybe they even let you pre-download, but probably not cause datamining, I guess? I dunno! I'm not sure how this stuff works really. But anyway, yall think digital midnight download is a good idea orrr...?
I'm getting mine physically, as it is my preferred method for purchasing games, and has been for many a year now, but to answer your question, I personally think preloading will be an option for Ultimate to help alleviate the server stress. Probably within a week or two of its release if I had to guess, but if it did not become available to download until after release, I'd say wait until morning sometime on December 7th to download it, just to give yourself a chance to be able to download it without interruptions or a long queue.

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
It's weird how they won't release gameplay for Wolf, Pichu, Young Link, or Simon. I don't understand why they would show other reveals yet not at least show us the ones returning finally or Simon, who was revealed with KK rool. I want to see more than the e3 roster over and over lol

D

Deleted member

It's weird how they won't release gameplay for Wolf, Pichu, Young Link, or Simon. I don't understand why they would show other reveals yet not at least show us the ones returning finally or Simon, who was revealed with KK rool. I want to see more than the e3 roster over and over lol
They probably think many people aren't curious about Wolf, Yink, or Pichu because they share a solid amount of moves with their counterparts (I know they're different but idk if Nintendo thinks that). Simon makes zero sense I wanna see him in action. That crazy range man...

D

Deleted member

The demos only has the characters from E3 so I don't know what you expect.
And the gameplay matches of K.Rool, Chrom and Damus were the exception, we had never got something like them before. You want footage of them? Wait until the game comes out.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I'm expecting November will finally be our month to see new gameplay featuring characters not in the E3 build, but I agree that there are a lot of characters I would like to see more of that we haven't seen any gameplay of yet. :ultpeach:, :ultsimon:, :ultisabelle:, :ultyoshi:, :ultwolf:, :ultrobin: and :ultkrool: in particular are all ones I really want to know about.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
In short I said I would be surprised if they don't offer preloading - letting people download the game but not actually play it until Dec 7th. That should take off some pressure from the servers.
I'm getting mine physically, as it is my preferred method for purchasing games, and has been for many a year now, but to answer your question, I personally think preloading will be an option for Ultimate to help alleviate the server stress. Probably within a week or two of its release if I had to guess, but if it did not become available to download until after release, I'd say wait until morning sometime on December 7th to download it, just to give yourself a chance to be able to download it without interruptions or a long queue.
Oh thanks y'all! I hope preloading is available but I worry, doesn't that give chances for datamining orrr is it locked somehow...? I really hope there is, and hey, both of you seem to have confidence so that's nice!

D

Deleted member

I told all of you, the reason why we haven't seen Simon/Richter in a full match yet is when Ken is revealed, they're going to show off a team battle between Ryu/Ken and Simon/Richter.

You can trust me, I'm Vergeben, and I got Shulk's blog date correct.

D

Deleted member

I told all of you, the reason why we haven't seen Simon/Richter in a full match yet is when Ken is revealed, they're going to show off a team battle between Ryu/Ken and Simon/Richter.

Excuse me, this is Vergeben #4, I need to see your Vergeben ID card for verification

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Obviously not so relevant now given that he made it in, but I did consider this with Ridley as I feared that if it ever happened, Sakurai would tag on some size or flight gimmick given his comments on the character post-Smash 4. I came to the conclusion that if that happened, I wouldn't force myself to main him, because those kind of concept characters aren't for me, and there's no point in trying to force it that badly, it would just ruin my experience with the game.

Maining characters that I like and that are fun to play simultaneously comes more naturally to me than if only one of those things are true. There are some characters I really like but that I don't find fun, and there are some characters that I find fun but can't bring myself to main because I don't care enough about them to invest time into them.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I would still use them for fun of find a way to get used to them. If Dixie gets in I would still use her like crazy no matter how hard it would be to get used to her play style. That might even make me more persistent to use her.

Last edited:

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
They probably think many people aren't curious about Wolf, Yink, or Pichu because they share a solid amount of moves with their counterparts (I know they're different but idk if Nintendo thinks that). Simon makes zero sense I wanna see him in action. That crazy range man...
Them being similar is a good point, but they already released gameplay for the newest echoes Chrom and Dark Samus. I think it's most silly because they can be showing off different characters and the new modes if they wanted to release information slowly. I'm certain less people would complain about the lack of info, if we had different gameplay to watch besides the e3 build.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nintendo probably wants to give us another incentive to buy the game. If they gave us extensive footage of every single character, there wouldn't be nearly as much hype. It's not as much fun playing with a character if you've already seen everything they can do.

Better for Nintendo to keep a few vets and newcomers under wraps so people can have something else to look forward to when the game is released.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

Im also Vergeben and ill back up my fellow Vergeben by saying he is 100% correct, i mean he's Vergeben after all.

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
The demos only has the characters from E3 so I don't know what you expect.
And the gameplay matches of K.Rool, Chrom and Damus were the exception, we had never got something like them before. You want footage of them? Wait until the game comes out.
How about they give us something like gameplay instead of droughts of information? Just a suggestion to hold off fans complaining about the latter. I'm not even buying the game day 1 because of debt and school so then and now make little difference to me.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Tetris Type A, the original Gangplank Galleon remix, Fourside, Flat Zone A, and Pictochat come to mind immediately. Love those.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nobody seems to care for :ultdaisy: and :ultdarksamus:...oof
Not sure about Daisy, but it's a bit difficult for Dark Samus as Ridley is both more popular aswell as being a unique newcomer, so Metroid fans will mostly gravitate towards him. I think that for a lot of Ridley fans Dark Samus is still high up on their list though.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

I'm Loz18 #2/1

psst When's Rayman and Shantae...?

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'd have say the Melee remixes of Fountain of Dreams and Big Blue, the Brawl remixes of Snowman and Gangplank Galleon, and Sm4sh's remix of Dedede's theme.

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo probably wants to give us another incentive to buy the game. If they gave us extensive footage of every single character, there wouldn't be nearly as much hype. It's not as much fun playing with a character if you've already seen everything they can do.

Better for Nintendo to keep a few vets and newcomers under wraps so people can have something else to look forward to when the game is released.
I would agree with this, and I actually think this may be true. However, these characters aren't even secret characters and are just new incarnations of their old selves -_- lol they revealed them first trailer. I can wait to see them, I'm just trying to understand the marketing logic behind it.

I'm most afraid they are holding them off for the reason you said, because they don't have much left that would surprise people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom