• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My condolences to those who felt that loss with things like Ashley and Shovel Knight.

That said,

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I was screaming this direct was hype!!! K Rool looks so good!!!! THAT TRAINING MODE THOUGH!!!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
*sigh* I'm glad you're all happy, but of course my boi was shafted once again. With Klaptrap as an assist trophy, the Yoshi series remains the only one of the OG series that has no AT. AND with the confirmation that there definitely IS a Heroes vs. Villains theme in KKR's trailer, Yoshi was once again left out...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, I had a feeling K. Rool couldn't miss out on this one.

Sucks for Ashley and Mimikyu though. I legit whined a bit for their fans, especially considering I supported them, but not avidly.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Mayhaps I haven't taken echo fighters into account when I did my 5 - 7. That said, 5 - 7 new fighters 8 - 10 total fighters *including echo*

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, who's the next character we circlejerk after K. Rool?

Geno? Isaac? Banjo & Kazooie? Rayman?

But for real though, congratulations to K. Rool's supporters! I'm glad for you.

More newcomers are on the way as well, which is exciting. I'm already elated with this lineup of newcomers though.

whAT IS THE MYSTERIOUS NEW MODE SAKURAI DON'T DO THIS TO ME
Uh, about what I said yesterday . . .

You didn't really think I would eat a raw onion and drink from some lime, did you? :troll:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
King. K .Rool trailer is freakin' meme worthy.

Every shot are absolute gold.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I feel like K. Rool and Ridley being in the game ups Geno's odds. I know they have nothing to do with each other, but those 3 are like, the last holdovers as far as characters that people got really hype for back in the Brawl days go, and going through Rare to get the rights to K. Rool means they'd likely be willing to do the same for Geno. I'm stoked.
Nintendo own K.Rool themselves, they just simply chose not to use him much in their own games after Rare left.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
"Don't expect too many characters, but also, here's 5 all at once"
At this point, Idk what to say. Sakurai is trolling us giving us a total of 3 unique and 4 Echos so far. I have a feeling we may be seeing at least 7 more characters

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, so...

that deconfirmation thread's getting a whole new slew of mourners...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
On one hand, I'm happy for K. Rool's supporters. The real reason I'm excited though is that I don't have to murder every supposed leak that doesn't have K. Rool.

Also, we've gotten 8 newcomers, and more are on the way.

I don't know about you guys, but that's exciting.

Also, things like Meter-based Final Smashes and Multi-Character battles are so ****ing hype-inducing.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Well, the disconfirms hurt me more than the joy from the confirms, though I'll get to celebrating Richter and Chrom in due time.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Okay but why is Chrom an Echo? Now he's questioning what an Echo even is at this point.
Is he just an Echo of no particular character but of Fire Emblem itself? Let's count here:

- Roy's Neutral Special
- Marthcinoy's Side Special
- Ike's up special
- Counter (literally everyone except robin)
The official site just updated (not fully though) and Chrom is confirmed to be a Roy echo.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
WOW, where do I begin!

Firstly, congrats to fans of all the revealed characters! None of them were characters I was actively supporting, but I'm happy to see them in. Simon looks like a blast to play in particular, and Castlevania's getting beautiful music selection and representation!

So many battle options! Multi-character stock matches, elimination modes, chargeable FS, swapping stages! Incredible!

Mimikyu disconfirmed :( I'm sad, but I kind of expected it. I guess Incineroar's our Pokemon rep this time, huh?

So. Much. Music. I thought there would be around 600 or so songs total, but NOPE! 900 is an insane number, and I can't begin to imagine how they managed it.

MONSTER. HUNTER. REPRESENTATION. I'll admit I don't really like the look of the Ancestral Steppe stage much, but Rathalos looks absolutely brilliant and animates perfectly. Plus, I'm sure Ancestral Steppe will have a great tracklist!

And perhaps the most important part...

FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS IS BACK!!! FINALLY!!!

Oh, man. Even though there were a couple things I was sad about, like Mimikyu and Ashley's disconfirmation, on the whole I'd say that Direct was a smashing success. Can't wait to see more! I noticed the whole heroes vs villains thing they were doing in the leadup to K. Rool's trailer, which leads me to think we're getting a new Story Mode...?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
While unfortunate that Shovel Knight and Ashley got deconfirmed...

I got my boy Simon Belmont!!!!!!!!
And wow, Sakurai was so troll with that King K Rool trailer lol.

D

Deleted member

Final Smash meters, and a 3v3 mode!!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I'VE WANTED THIS!!!

I never thought he'd do it, cause it seemed like such a small thing. But holy ****, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!

Plus all the little cool other modes he's added. And the teased adventure mode, and Training mode being good. And holy ****, SIMON BELMONT AND K.ROOL both look sick as ****. I swear to god, if Banjo gets added, I might just die of a heart attack and not be able to live to play the game. Goddamn. Ultimate doesn't even begin to describe this game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know if anyone ever noticed my signature but I removed K. Rool and Simon Belmont from my signature like a week ago.

So now I feel some kind of way.

Enchess

Smash Lord
-Still not happy Simon is in
-do not care about Simon getting an echo (I wish it was Julian, but whatever honestly). Echoes aren't slots
-now that that's out of way, as a Castlevania fan they really did him and stage justice. If you are going to do something I don't like, please always keep doing it that well
-Im a little bitter about Chrom (anti-Awakening bias)
-Dark Samus is great news
-Its seems like Verg's initial source is correct. So we should actually expect 4 unique newcomers now since I doubt he was counting echoes after this.
-Stage morph is amazing
-So happy to see some of my favorite stages finally confirmed
-stamina mode is considered a normal mode!!!!!
-rules fixes!!!!
-Smash Squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeees!!!
-classic Mode is classic again!
-music is brawl style for most part. Awesome
-pokeballs looking sick. Sorry Mimikyu fans. They're awesome, but at least they look just really great here
-AT for Shovel Knight and Monster Hunter.....don't like. It's... Eh...
-Sorry Ashley. I said that either Ashley or Isabelle would be out today. I didn't catch Isabelle showing up but did catch Kap'n and congrats Isabelle fans. That+Verg is a really good sign. I love GC AC and ACWW, but didn't like ACNL so I'm mixed personally, but happy for you guys. AC earned a second rep
-items are whatever
-K Rool looks just amazing. Using gear from all DKC games like we knew he would. A design that combines the best of Rare and Pain. Just wow. I'm in love. I wanted Ridley more, but the execution here is spectacular in comparison with how Ridley was done. I don't think I can resist forcing him as my main even if he doesn't work for me.

Summary:
Really good Direct. I'm very scared about the future of the series. If we continue down this road, I might not play Smash 6. But Ultimate looks like a dream and we aren't going over the cliff just yet. I have my top 2 now. Give me Isaac, Saki, or Mio (3-way tie for 3rd) and this will be Ultimate for me personally

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, who's the next character we circlejerk after K. Rool?

Geno? Isaac? Banjo & Kazooie? Rayman?

But for real though, congratulations to K. Rool's supporters! I'm glad for you.

More newcomers are on the way as well, which is exciting. I'm already elated with this lineup of newcomers though.

whAT IS THE MYSTERIOUS NEW MODE SAKURAI DON'T DO THIS TO ME
Hopefully, Isaac. >_>
Guys, Shadow is till alive.....

Get ready for tons more Shadow debates.
*cracks knuckles* I'm ready.
"Don't anticipate too many newcomers" my BUTT
Like I said over and over and over and over: Sakurai probably said that to deter runaway hype, not to say there were necessarily less newcomers than normal.

SlayQueen

Smash Cadet
What do else think of Dixie’s chances now?

This game is going to be incredible. Holy sh**.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
*sigh* well at least Ammy and Shantae still have a chance later on, and Chrom looks cool.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
This was a really awesome direct! I wasn't expecting to care about Simon, but after seeing him and Richter in action, they actually seem really cool and fun to play as. When Chrom was revealed, I was a little bit confused about why we're getting 7 Fire Emblem characters, but as an Awakening fan, I'm happy to see him. Dark Samus seems really awesome, too! Then the finale with King K. Rool was just incredible! The instant they played the first boom my mind shot to K. Rool, and when they started showing the heroes and villains, I really got my hopes up. When they finally showed Donkey Kong, I could barely believe it. I was half expecting Sakurai to troll us by putting in Lord Fredrik instead. The Dedede fakeout was pretty funny, too.

All the other things he showed, the modes and music and gameplay mechanics, seem really awesome, and this really does seem like it'll be the ultimate Smash game. Of course, I was very disappointed about Mimikyu, but at least his attack as a Pokeball Pokemon is really creative and cool looking, as a mini version of his Z-Move.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That was epic. Loved it. Simon looks so cool. Got to go with my boy Richter though.

PLEASE BANDANNA DEE IN 2 MONTHS!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Important thing.
K. Rool Trailer show all the 64 franchise characters fighting against nemesis or rivals, including Kirby vs Meta knight even if meta knight isn't really a villain.
This, of course, leaving Mother and F-Zero, because they are both 2 franchises that have no villains.... yet.
This makes me think that it is very possible that Sakurai is gonna add them, specially now that relevancy is officially dead thanks to K. Rool... and more if we think that Black Shadow could be an easy echoe of Captain Falcon, EVEN MORE now that Ganondorf is no longer a clone of C. Falcon.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So now that Chrom is a ROY Echo with Ike's Up B everything we thought about Echoes goes out the window?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, CHROM!!!!!, Dark Samus and King K Rool confirmed!

.....I think I have died and gone to heaven...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay, so.

A lot of things to comment on.

First off, Opossum Opossum How do you feel right now?
Chrom as a Marth-Ike Echo looks pretty nice. He also confirms that Echo Fighters can have completely unique Final Smashes, not just ones copied from other characters.

Simon Belmont was a surprise already, but RICHTER was a bigger surprise!
I wasn't expecting him to be an Echo when his Splash Screen popped up, I thought he'd be a skin.

Glad to know that I was right about the whole "players get KOed when losing all stamina" thing.

The new built-in Multi-character-stock and Ironman-like modes are amazing!

Dark Samus was a complete surprise! I never would have guessed that she/it'd be in.

Murlough Murlough I'm sorry for your loss. At least Mimikyu looks like an interesting assist trophy.

I actually laughed out loud several times during this direct. When the Moon crashed down, and when Dedede revealed himself I burst out laughing.

I can't believe Luigi is ******* dead. Looks like the Mario Bros. are no more.

Glad to see MK64, FoD, Pirate Ship, Brinstar Depths, Windy Hill and Golden Plains back. Too bad about Pac-Maze though.

The whole "One stage transforms into another" idea is something I've always wanted, and I'm so glad to finally see it implemented into Smash for real!

JYB is finally in Smash! It was nice to see Zero come along for the ride this time. That Shovel Knight AT was definitely a shock.

The new Items are looking snazzy, I'm really excited to try them out!

A Monster Hunter stage too! I'm not that familiar with the series, but it looks nice. Not much to see, just a flat walkoff. However, that in and of itself is still unique as far as Smash stages go.

And finally, K Rool. When I saw the Klaptrap AT, I was like, "Oh crap, the end reveal might be K Rool" and it was! His trailer was both hilarious AND epic! It was really exciting!

Also, we got FIVE newcomers, granted, three are echoes, but still. This brings us up to 4 original newcomers, with 4 echo fighters for a total of 8. Pretty solid I'd say.

Man, how exciting was that Direct!?
Totally worth waking up early for!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Vergeben took a hit today. None of his recent predictions came true, and he had absolutely no idea about K.Rool or the other Echoes.

I suppose a lack of info doesn't necessarily hurt his credibility, but I'm surprised his sources couldn't name more than one of the five characters.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
WOW, where do I begin!

Firstly, congrats to fans of all the revealed characters! None of them were characters I was actively supporting, but I'm happy to see them in. Simon looks like a blast to play in particular, and Castlevania's getting beautiful music selection and representation!

So many battle options! Multi-character stock matches, elimination modes, chargeable FS, swapping stages! Incredible!

Mimikyu disconfirmed :( I'm sad, but I kind of expected it. I guess Incineroar's our Pokemon rep this time, huh?

So. Much. Music. I thought there would be around 600 or so songs total, but NOPE! 900 is an insane number, and I can't begin to imagine how they managed it.

MONSTER. HUNTER. REPRESENTATION. I'll admit I don't really like the look of the Ancestral Steppe stage much, but Rathalos looks absolutely brilliant and animates perfectly. Plus, I'm sure Ancestral Steppe will have a great tracklist!

And perhaps the most important part...

FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS IS BACK!!! FINALLY!!!

Oh, man. Even though there were a couple things I was sad about, like Mimikyu and Ashley's disconfirmation, on the whole I'd say that Direct was a smashing success. Can't wait to see more! I noticed the whole heroes vs villains thing they were doing in the leadup to K. Rool's trailer, which leads me to think we're getting a new Story Mode...?
Like, low-key thought for sure that Monster Hunter would be revealed as the character here.

I'm thinking that it still will be in the game, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom