• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
There's absolutely no reason not to include Shadow, Black Shadow/Blood Falcon, and Isabelle anymore. Heck, Dixie's chances are high, and even freaking Giygas as the cat thing or Pokey can be seen as likely now what with the Protags vs Antags bit at the end to foreshadow K. Rool.

And please let the hidden mode be Adventure Mode or something; I absolutely NEED that to finally be 100% sold on this game. I do think that's gonna be the one that allows you to quickly unlock the characters though.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll have to see more of Chrom, but if most of his moveset copies Roy's, then that was a mind-numbingly stupid decision on the development team's end. This means we now have four FE characters who share a similar moveset, making more than half of the seven characters copies of some sort. If you ain't good with one, then don't fret. You have three others to choose from. :glare:

I don't know. Just really wished we would've got more diversity with Chrom and FE as a whole.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
it seems that Echos are characters they don't develop new moves to include.
Dixie can have Dk's UpB, DownB (with his har). Lucas grabs with her hair again, some/most of Diddy moves.
They can even make she have Dk Fair, but the animation be his guitar. I'm quite positive on her now.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
After over a week of "being in hiding," I return. Explanation for where I've been, what I've been doing, etc. will be saved for another time.

Because NOW'S THE TIME TO FREAK OUT
IMG_0814.PNG

IS THIS REAL LIFE? CAUSE THIS SURE AS HELL FEELS LIKE A DREAM, AND I NEED PHOTOS OF SPIDER-MAN THIS GAME NOW.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
So Sakurai said the monster hunter monster was a boss. A boss for what? Perhaps the blurred out mode? Could it be... an adventure mode?
Maybe, but I'm very positive that that stage was a Monster Hunter stage... at least it looked terribly like one.

But it was also pretty generic so who knows

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im now convinced sakurai can read my mind and hates me

why belmont? from what ive seen of the community he wasnt that in demand and why should castlevania be the first third party series to get a second fighter? dont know why i ever believed him when he wouldnt add third party characters willy nilly

and once again the fire emblem characters our number the zelda characters that just is not fair

wont even bother unlocking everyone

a least k.rool's final smash is cool

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ha... hahaha... HAHAHA... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh... DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I'm so sorry. XD
I'm too tired for this ****.

I'm gonna go to bed and pick my work back up when I wake up.

I'm also going to be updating my prediction roster, so look forward to that.

Also I'm calling it now that we're having another story mode. With them revealing Rathalos and Dracula as bosses I'm suspicious. That blurred out icon on the menu doesn't help things either.

Could anyone take care of that?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Everyone was complaining that a 3rd party series doesn't deserve two reps

Well then bloody tell me how the **** Castlevania got TWO reps revealed in one day then?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I thought K.Rool had no hope. I guess I was wrong about that. I also think we saw every stage if you do the math (103 icons on the stage select screen, 103 stages we were told are in the game) which raises the question on which stage does the Monster Hunter boss appear since it would seem to be "none of those"...?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanted to wait until I saw the whole thing before I talked about it. HOLY **** THIS GAME KEEPS ON DELIVERING!!! I'm hyped up now. You just know there's gonna be crazy reaction videos.

1. Simon Belmont: Glad he's in, looks pretty interesting. Glad he has the Conan look.
2. HOLY **** RICHTER IS A CLONE OF HIM?! Never would have guessed that. I might use him over Simon. I don't know.
3. Over 30 Castlevania songs? That's crazy, but I'm not complaining a bit.
4. Alucard makes sense as the Assist character.
5. All those bosses in Drac's Castle and it looks like the Kid Dracula is gonna be there too.
6. Dark Samus is in!!! I'm happy about that too! I didn't know she was highly requested, I thought there were only dozens of us.
7. Happy for the Chrom fans. Viridi and Palutena BTFO.
8. Stages but without the hazards is the best thing ever. Seriously.
9. All stages being able to share their music based on series is cool.
10. Our boy Kraid is finally in HD.
11. Over 100 stages and 800 songs is insane.
12. Transition stages was a really neat thing I was NOT expecting. Glad that was kept secret.
13. Squad Strike is basically Tekken's team battle mode and I'm VERY happy its in this game too.
14. Training mode has some depth to how it displays info.
15. FINAL SMASH METER!!! It's too cool, too clean, DON'T BAN IT YOU COWARDS!
16. CENTRAL HIGHWAY!!! We Mega Man X BOYZ now.
17. Zero's an Assist Trophy, but that makes sense, and JYB is voicing him again.
18. RIP Ashley's fans I guess.
19. SHOVEL KNIGHT! That's clean. He's made to the big time guys.
20. King K. Rool is finally real. Dedede got DEDEDESTROYED for that fake out.

This game is gonna be sick.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Also, did I misinterpret, or is there a Monster Hunter stage to go along with Rathalos? They didn't actually say there was a Monster Hunter stage during the direct I believe, but they did show off a stage with Rathalos.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm honestly 100% expecting Ken, Shadow and maybe even Jeanne now, the floodgates for 3rd party echoes are wide open

What a uplifiting surprise. The lesson is to always believe in your dreams even in the hardest of times.
We finally got a Dk newcomer, and I also think Dixie is kinda of hinted at the end.
The fact that Chrom uses Marth moves but Ike's UpB skyrockets Dixie's chances.
How is she hinted at? If she was an echo she'd have been shown now, she's either not playable or a unique character in my mind

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, a conspiracy.
Why did Luigi have a plunger gun for the Poltergust in Simon's trailer? We sure as hell didn't have that in Linguini's Monsoon. But do you know who does?

Get your tinfoil ready, lads.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
With the mystery surrounding Dracula and the MH boss, I'm predicting a new story/adventure mode where you go through a stage and then fight a boss at the end.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Pleasently surprised to say the least. Was only expecting Simon and no one else. Glad to see K Rool, Chrom, and Dark Samus in. Just hope this doesn't reduce Dixie Kong's chances.
What a uplifiting surprise. The lesson is to always believe in your dreams even in the hardest of times.
We finally got a Dk newcomer, and I also think Dixie is kinda of hinted at the end.
The fact that Chrom uses Marth moves but Ike's UpB skyrockets Dixie's chances.
How was she hinted? Did I miss something?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Everyone was complaining that a 3rd party series doesn't deserve two reps

Well then bloody tell me how the **** Castlevania got TWO reps revealed in one day then?
Basically locks in Shadow and Ken, at the very least.

Idk who Richter is btw..

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wait until Sakurai announces a Jeanne echo for Bayonetta and everyone kills him as dead as they killed Mario and Luigi.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I am very happy with what we got today. I am glad King K. Rool and Simon Belmont are in, they were both some of my most wanted.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
To be fair I did say a couple of weeks ago Chrom and Simon Belmont are guranteed so I wasn't shocked.

Doesn't mean I'm not happy to see them far from it.

I found it interesting Simon uses Richter's moveset from the games. Richter is in canon the most powerful Belmont.

I'm sad that Alucard is a mere assist trophy he would have been great DLC.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay but why is Chrom an Echo? Now he's questioning what an Echo even is at this point.
Is he just an Echo of no particular character but of Fire Emblem itself? Let's count here:

- Roy's Neutral Special
- Marthcinoy's Side Special
- Ike's up special
- Counter (literally everyone except robin)
Viridi gets an excuse to mock him even more now that he’s a copy of someone else

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I thought K.Rool had no hope. I guess I was wrong about that. I also think we saw every stage if you do the math (103 icons on the stage select screen, 103 stages we were told are in the game) which raises the question on which stage does the Monster Hunter boss appear since it would seem to be "none of those"...?
Adventure Mode?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
We now live in a world where Metroid has 4 playable characters.

Peace at last.

EDIT: LOL three of them have Samus in their name.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Ritcher Belment broke the ''no 3rd party echo'' rule.

it was a BS rule to begin with.

SHADOW...

I am telling you guys, Chrom wasn't shown in Robin's FS, Dark Samus wasn't Samus's alt.

Shadow is IN guys.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I avoided all spoilers, so happy.
Way for the direct to jump right into it.

Simon Belmont confirmed along with a Richter Belmont echo. Everything Castlevania related looks amazing.

Surprised Dark Samus is an echo.

Not surprised About Chrom.

Not surprised Mimickyu is an assist, nor am I disappointed.

Indifferent to Ashley being an assist.

Shovel Knight being featured as an AT bothers me, I don't think he deserves it. Glad he isnt playable though.

Super pumped about King K. Rool.

Third party characters get echoes.. I feel Shadow for Sonic and Ken for Ryu are likely to happen now.

Squad Strike and Classic mode look awesome.

Monster Hunter content has my eyebrow raised for a possible character.

Pretty sure that hidden mode.... Might be... Adventure esk.

Ditto and klamptrap are awesome.

Smash gauge is awesome.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Mario - Bowser
Link - Ganondorf
Pikachu - Mewtwo
Kirby - Dedede
Fox - Wolf
Samus - Ridley
DK - K. Rool

Yoshi - ?

Kamek basically confirmed

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Roy's up special could have been tweaked people. We do not know what it is.

Shame for ashely, but given what we got.!!!!

HYPE.

The Gangplank Galleon has FINALLY arrived and anchored in Smash!

A monumental occasion for the whole Donkey Kong Country Series, his inclusion is so much more than just another character getting in and no doubt is going to have more ramifications on the franchise.

Absolutely rapt, what an absolutely glorious showing!

Commiserations to the disconfirmations, K. Rool is living, breathing, scaly proof that anything can happen!

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
So, it seems like the main trend for newcomers thus far is fan wish-fulfillment. With that in mind, who do you all think could be left? Geno, or Isaac maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom