• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Uploading a Kirby song, Sakurai?

You don't need to give me more hints, I already know Bandana Dee is playable, but thanks anyways.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sakurai randomly adds his old games's locations as stages despite recent Kirby Titles getting nothing, City Trial might go on a completely new stage named... you guessed it, City Trial.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sakurai randomly adds his old games's locations as stages despite recent Kirby Titles getting nothing, City Trial might go on a completely new stage named... you guessed it, City Trial.
Honestly, as much as I'd love a stage from Robobot or Triple Deluxe, if we got a City Trial stage I genuinely wouldn't care about anything else.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
I'll say it now, Tuesday is gonna be at the very least, the most reliable day for brand new stuff!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why are so many surprised about Bayonetta being planned well in advance before the Ballot?

It was always pretty sketchy with the whole “realizable” thing and the fact that she comes from a very niche series so I wasn’t at all surprised when I found out she didn’t actually win the Ballot as they said she did.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd... actually be okay with that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm so disappointed my all time favorite arist Yoji Shinkawa of MGS fame never made one of those Smash posters like they did for the Smash 4 DLC.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Case in point, how every post-Brawl pre-Return to Dreamland Smash 4 fan roster had Knuckle Joe on it despite him being a generic enemy.
I personally don't like KJ as a Kirby rep over almost anyone else pre-Air Ride, but remember that Kirby Super Star had come out fairly recently at that time and KJ was depicted as being the principle Helper (e.g. he's the only character in the the Helper to Hero cinematic intro). He's not the best idea and downright silly now given that Ryu is basically the same thing with motions and a focus attack, but he was never illegitimate before that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Got a lot of requests to look into the claims that Bayo's parameters were copied from ZSS in 1.0.6 (two weeks after the ballot). I can confirm that they were. 3 people looked into it.
Enjoy.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
This is the 3rd week in a row where a musical track was added in the middle of the weekly updates. Might be to early to call it a pattern, but I would be so happy if we got weekly new music

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm so disappointed my all time favorite arist Yoji Shinkawa of MGS fame never made one of those Smash posters like they did for the Smash 4 DLC.
What did you expect him to do (as I know nothing of him)

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Tuesday appears to be the day where new music tracks debut. That's technically new information.

Also, I decided to do some counting, and unless my numbers are wrong, there are about 20 more Tuesdays before release. We are getting about 20 more tracks on top of the ones we got already. (That's only if the update is consistent thou, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw a curveball and released a music remix with newcomer announcements, which could increase the total count.)

Yay for Tuesdays!

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
This is the 3rd week in a row where a musical track was added in the middle of the weekly updates. Might be to early to call it a pattern, but I would be so happy if we got weekly new music
I think it's very safe to say we're getting one music track per week. We've also received three fighters per week as well so far. I think it's a reliable pattern.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Tuesday appears to be the day where new music tracks debut. That's technically new information.

Also, I decided to do some counting, and unless my numbers are wrong, there are about 20 more Tuesdays before release. We are getting about 20 more tracks on top of the ones we got already. (That's only if the update is consistent thou, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw a curveball and released a music remix with newcomer announcements, which could increase the total count.)

Yay for Tuesdays!
Oh, that.

Can't say much since I have not played Kirby's Air Ride, BUT City Trial is a great track to listen to.

Untouch

Smash Master
Please stop trying to look for patterns in sakurai's madness, you should have learned during the DOJO days there aren't any.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I wonder if City Trial will be a stage its possible if Im not mistaken Kirby Air Ride was Kirby last game that Sakurai works on right.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Please stop trying to look for patterns in sakurai's madness, you should have learned during the DOJO days there aren't any.
The only pattern is Sakurai himself

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
i have friends with who i'm still friends with to this day and they (and myself) stayed up for "YOU MUST RECOVER" and we had speculated that it was gonna be a character update the night before.

Still hilarious.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
First off, if City Trial ends up being a stage, I will never play on any other stage ever again.

Second off, if this song hints at Smash Run's return, I'll be one happy-ass camper.

Third off, I need an extended version of this song on my desk by tomorrow.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Alolan Trainer: Litten, Brionne, Decidueye

No repeat in order spots concerning types from other Pokemon Trainer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just want Smash Run back. None of that Smash Tour crap or Street Smash, just good old superior Smash Run
I would love to see this. Samus, Sonic, Cloud, Mario, Link, Falcon, Star Fox and Ryu in the Metal Gear art style would be amazing.
Would they all be targeted by Snake or something?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ashley
Ko Takuechi
It'd be really cute :).
But Ko Takeuchi is already the artist for WarioWare.

EDIT: Never mind, read the question wrong.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
A small little game.

Pick a character and state which artist would draw the character art for them.
Bandana Dee, and the artist is me, as I would obviously draw the highest possible quality Bandana Dee, nobody else can even compare.
Bondono Dee.png

You're welcome.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just listened to the City Trial remix.

I've gotta say, they're really stepping up their game with these new tracks. Huge improvement from Smash 4 so far. Let's see if they can keep it up.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
A small little game.

Pick a character and state which artist would draw the character art for them.
If we ever get a new Pikmin character like the Plasm Wraith or Louie, I would love to see the character art done in the same clay style as the promotional material and box art for Pikmin 2:

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I hope City Trial is not a big stage I hope its a traveling stage like Skyloft or Prism Tower.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think Cloud, Mario, Wolf and Sonic would be targeted by Snake while people like Samus, Fox, Link and Falcon would be his allies assisting him in his mission.
Seems weird for Falcon and Fox to assist Snake, and Samus...she could go either way

I would probably picture Snake targeting Palutena for stealing his “stolen gimmick” while Pit is held hostage somewhere, and Sonic is captured due to being Sonic. Mario just tries to fight everybody like he did in Smash 4

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think it's very safe to say we're getting one music track per week. We've also received three fighters per week as well so far. I think it's a reliable pattern.
We've gotten two fighters this week, right? If so:
  • Fighters are being revealed at a pace of about 12 per month.
  • So far, 11 have been covered (55 fighters remaining)
  • 5 months from now is conveniently December, which means that we're looking at anywhere from 61 - 64 more characters being covered (61 if we count 10 remaining in July, 12 for August - November, and 3 from the first week of December, and 64 if we add the second week of December when the game releases).
  • Which means that we'll be seeing 6 - 9 more newcomers assuming that this pattern continues and all characters are revealed before release. We may see more than this if the pattern continues but not all characters are revealed.
Of course, this is assuming that the pattern continues, which it likely won't. Also, they say that when you assume you make an ass out of you and me, so watch me be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom