• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone want to see any newcomers from universes already in smash other than mario?
I'd like a new Zelda rep, it would probably be a champion, but my pipe dream that I know will never happen is Linebeck. Maybe an assist trophy, but even that seems very very unlikely considering he wasn't in Smash 4 when he could have been.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Does anyone want to see any newcomers from universes already in smash other than mario?
I'd love to see either Lana or Impa make it into Smash.

Viridi (Kid Icarus) would be cool too.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Kid Icarus would have been fine with just Pit and Dark Pit.

I despise Palutena in Smash and Hades would make me feel more hatred.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I do find it interesting that Rosalina was given higher priority than Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. was much more prominent of a character than Rosalina, and he definitely had more demand to be in Smash than she did.

I think Sakurai just really really wanted a puppet character in Smash.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The amount of games a character appears in is 100% irrelevant.
I wouldn't say 100%...

There are certain cases where it doesn't matter, like Shulk in Xenoblade, but when comparing characters of the same series? I say it matters, but only up until a certain point. Like, maybe 3 or 4 games total? Like, "oh she/he only appeared in 2 games? but This character appeared in 23!" After a certain amount, that argument falls apart, like if a character was in 3 games in a row.

Honestly, the more important point is how popular games are, and how relevant said characters are in said game.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
The amount of games a character appears in is 100% irrelevant.
Then you didn't read at the post I replied to at all. It was 100% relevant. In fact, it was the only point of their post at all...

Those would be completely different. Sakurai literally made up all of their specials (with the exception of a few). Whereas, :4pacman::rosalina::4gaw::4duckhunt::4villager::4wiifit:'s specials all take inspiration from somewhere.
Zelda then.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
You gotta love fake leaks.

But for fun; What if they were real....

...I want to believe.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Kid Icarus would have been fine with just Pit and Dark Pit.
Let's be real, Kid Icarus would have been "fine" with just Pit.

The series only has three games. And only one in the last twenty five years. And only two released worldwide. And none ever did gangbusters. More characters made sense in the situation, but only having Pit wouldn't be disproportionate to the series or anything.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548

...I want to believe.
Something about somebody (an Anon, at that) opening a post with "Reliable." is just absolutely hilarious to me.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't say 100%...

There are certain cases where it doesn't matter, like Shulk in Xenoblade, but when comparing characters of the same series? I say it matters, but only up until a certain point. Like, maybe 3 or 4 games total? Like, "oh she/he only appeared in 2 games? but This character appeared in 23!" After a certain amount, that argument falls apart, like if a character was in 3 games in a row.

Honestly, the more important point is how popular games are, and how relevant said characters are in said game.
But, Shulk has only appeared in one game.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Let's be real, Kid Icarus would have been "fine" with just Pit.

The series only has three games. And only one in the last twenty five years. And only two released worldwide. And none ever did gangbusters.
I think Uprising deserves a rep and it should have been just Dark Pit.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Bandana Dee or Dark Matter for Kirby
Rex from Xenoblade
Dixie Kong or K Rool from DKC (Does this count as not mario? I'll say it does.)

Everyone else I want is from a new IP, I think? I'm probably forgetting something.

But, Shulk has only appeared in one game.
Did you literally even read my post?

There are certain cases where it doesn't matter, like Shulk in Xenoblade

Last edited:

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
Just in general, I would like to see some 3DS stages ported to smash switch as not a lot of people had that game.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice

...I want to believe.
Geralt basically got deconfirmed today.

Also would it kill someone to add Layton to their fake leak? Give me very misguided hope, dammit.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Just in general, I would like to see some 3DS stages ported to smash switch as not a lot of people had that game.
It sold better on 3DS than on Wii U, though. Almost twice as much, 10mil is no small number.

I would definitely love to see a lot of 3DS stages return, though. The stage list was far better than on Wii U's.

Last edited:

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Ah, I completely forgot.
I'd love to see them add Type Null and give it a rage meter (not sure of this is the correct term) like Lucario has.
After receiving a certain amount of damage it s helmet would break and it would become stronger and slightly faster.

And while we are on the subject of Pokémon, I also could see them adding beast balls, to the pokéball and master ball. With beast balls always spawning an ultra beast, would be quite fun!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sure, Metroid and DK are constantly brought up by people, at least in the west. Something I'd also like to see. Most Metroid fans would still want Ridley if possible, but I'm not against someone else like Sylux or Dark Samus if at all possible.

And Pokemon will always be a talking point for new characters I think. Fire Emblem is pretty popular now, but that get mixed results considering how many where in Smash 4 by the end.

There's also people who want more Zelda characters, but for me personally, I can't of anyone that I'd really root for, as the mainstays are already in the previous entries.

Then there's Xenoblade too.

Didn't the 3DS version outsell the Wii-U one? Y'know since the 3DS system actually sold well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I need misguided hope for Isaac.
He was obviously removed because Sakurai intended him to be playable but didn't have the time, but now he's sure to add him, especially with the ballot.

Maybe he'll be back as an AT.

D

Deleted member

He was obviously removed because Sakurai intended him to be playable but didn't have the time, but now he's sure to add him, especially with the ballot.

Maybe he'll be back as an AT.
Would be better than nothing.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Dark Pit > Palutena makes no sense when the latter is way more important to the series.
Agreed. The first Kid Icarus on the NES is literally called "Light Mythology: Palutena's Mirror" in Japan.

Personally I'd like to see Kid Icarus get another rep in Smash 5. Medusa is probably more likely, but I really want Hades. They're such an entertaining character.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Leif has single handily won with no problem. It seems that Fergus, Raydrik, and Veld fared poorly, with the last one only getting one vote.

Next is the second to last Thracia 776 poll before we move on to the GBA era. Your choices are Finn, Nanna, Galzus, and Reinhardt.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And begin.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
My previous position was that an Animal Crossing character would be unnecessary given how Villager's move set encompasses most of the game.

But, Isabelle has become extremely popular. She's kind of a Rosalina situation in that respect. And a fighter who defeats her opponents by being clumsy is very interesting. I'd say she's very likely.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why would someone from Hyrule Warriors be likely even slightly?
Pretty popular Wii U game
Got a 3DS port
Getting a SWITCH port.

I don't think it's the unlikeliest thing in the world if you think about it. Still, with BOTW being a huge success I think it's liklier we could get a character from there.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I missed 14 pages between sleep and work >.>

Did I miss anything important?

Looks like the current discussion is about a new character for an already represented franchise.
I would consider Tails from Sonic a cool option even though he's third party, Heck, I'm not really even a big fan of Sonic games save a couple. Sonic is a megapopular franchise that's been around Smash since Brawl (and almost Melee) and who better to add from the franchise than Sonic's partner? There's an argument to be made for Knuckles, Shadow, and Eggman as well. Tails would just be my preference. I always enjoyed playing him in the side scroller sonic games, and he has plenty of depth from his long history in the franchise.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

...I want to believe.
"Dark Pit stays in, gets a new moveset based on KI:U weapons."

That's literally exactly what I want for Dark Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom