• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
tbh everyone sleeping on a SNK character

I think its one of most likely dlc options.
SNK has been throwing there characters into crossovers everywhere recently.
It would be an unsurprising, but super-fun choice, to be honest. I think Terry Bogard would be the next best fighting game rep over someone like Heihachi. In fact, I'd rather have a KOF rep in general, and maybe even an Assist Trophy based on Geese-mother****ing-Howard Just imagine this playing:
It's pure ecstasy.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
That's not a glitch, two players can pick the same character in Squad Strike (a single player can't pick the same character twice though)

You might be thinking of Smash Down, where two players can't pick the same character.
No I'm referring to squad strike. A friend of mine and I will be playing a 5 v 5 and pick random for every character, then when we get to pick our order, we find out the game gave us both the same team of characters, which isn't supposed to happen. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it's annoying

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm not really surprised that DLC Mii Costumes would be coming out. I know they're usually dreaded here mostly because they're death sentence for character inclusions in general... assuming the pattern up to this point continues.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You do realize that characters and their mii costumes can both appear right? Captain Falcon and Chrom are perfect examples of that.
>Giving examples from the base game for DLC

There is no precedent for a character getting both a unique appearance and a Mii Costume as DLC. Up until now Mii Costumes have been disconfirmations, and there's no reason not to treat these similarly.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know Gil's not getting in, as much as I want him to, but has anyone seen his costume? I'll still take the costume over nothing.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Where does it say "Multiple Mii Fighter Costumes"? It only refers to one, and it's stand-alone at that. How are we certain this isn't a CoroCoro-tier typo all over again? The pack includes Rex's outfit, which happens to be a stand-alone Mii Fighter costume.

You do realize that characters and their mii costumes can both appear right? Captain Falcon and Chrom are perfect examples of that.
You do realize that costumes of non-playable characters are consolation prizes, and that those characters were never confirmed playable in the same game they debuted in, right? Inklings and K.Rool in particular had outfits in Smash 4, and none of them were in that game's DLC line-up. Come on my guy, you're smarter than this.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm still half hoping that the Mii costumes will return with cheap echoes as well. I'm imagining a 7-pack of costumes we had from last round...and Tails as a Sonic echo.

please

At least redo it so it doesn't look freakish with a Tails hood. I'm loving the Skull Kid Mii outfit, so if Tails has to get stuck as a Mii, just make it look good. Or just make him a DLC echo, that'd be great.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Where does it say "Multiple Mii Fighter Costumes"? It only refers to one, and it's stand-alone at that. How are we certain this isn't a CoroCoro-tier typo all over again? The pack includes Rex's outfit, which happens to be a stand-alone Mii Fighter costume.
It's a description for ONE Mii fighter pack.
doesn't says how many Mii fighter pack there will be.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The speculation game just got a bit more interesting.
Hell yeah! We should make a thread dedicated specifically to speculation, that way--

Wait. ****. Am I supposed to be doing that here?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really hate this anti-assist / miicostume mindset people have. If they're getting a mii costume, chances probably weren't going to be put in the game anyway, with or without the assist or costume.

May as well take a bone when its thrown to you.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also, to everyone saying that this could be similar to CoroCoro's "108 stages" typo, this is Nintendo's official website, not a third party magazine.

Also, can we see if this is on Nintendo of Japan's website?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I really hate this anti-assist / miicostume mindset people have. If they're getting a mii costume, chances probably weren't going to be put in the game anyway, with or without the assist or costume.

May as well take a bone when its thrown to you.
I'll take the bone if it didn't mean I'd never get any meat for the rest of my life.

Nobody likes consolation prizes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll take the bone if it didn't mean I'd never get any meat for the rest of my life.

Nobody likes consolation prizes.
My point is that you aren't getting that "meat" anyway, even if you don't get the bone. It's better to at least no before hand.

Besides, I like consolation prizes.

D

Deleted member

Trust me, people are so hellbent on making sure Goku doesn't get in (which I'm fairly certain he won't, so **** off with that bull****) that they've decided to enforce this so hard, that they will threaten anyone with even an ounce of respect for the Dragon Ball series.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It's a description for ONE Mii fighter pack.
doesn't says how many Mii fighter pack there will be.
Ahh, that it does! Hmm, you know what? This is fuel for Banjo & Kazooie supporters. What if Steve is a Mii Fighter costume as an inclusion with the Bear and the Bird? Hell, what if Joker's pack includes Yu Naruka-Mii? Hilariously, this could happen:
__amamiya_ren_captain_falcon_mario_and_marth_fire_emblem_monshou_no_nazo_and_etc_drawn_by_hyo_...jpg

__narukami_yuu_super_smash_bros_ultimate_and_etc_drawn_by_hyo_oppa__sample-331d676e0f1c8eecb20...jpg

__mii_and_narukami_yuu_super_smash_bros_ultimate_and_etc_drawn_by_hyo_oppa__sample-0716f506432...jpg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also, can we see if this is on Nintendo of Japan's website?
I would if I could figure out how to navigate it. Seems like it's set up differently from the American website.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Trust me, people are so hellbent on making sure Goku doesn't get in (which I'm fairly certain he won't, so **** off with that bull****) that they've decided to enforce this so hard, that they will threaten anyone with even an ounce of respect for the Dragon Ball series.
Yo my guy, just letting you know, ya might not want to have a gay slur in your sig. I personally don't care because I know there isn't any homophobic intent behind it but someone might be upset by it

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ahh, that it does! Hmm, you know what? This is fuel for Banjo & Kazooie supporters. What if Steve is a Mii Fighter costume as an inclusion with the Bear and the Bird?
Or what if Steve is the character, and Banjo is the Mii fighter costume?
It can really go either way...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo my guy, just letting you know, ya might not want to have a gay slur in your sig. I personally don't care because I know there isn't any homophobic intent behind it but someone might be upset by it
I made that **** a long time ago lol

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Or what if Steve is the character, and Banjo is the Mii fighter costume?
I can really see it go either way...
Banjo as a skinned-alive mii costume with his face stretched over the mii's and Kazooie inanimate on his back - yup, that seems about par for the course. Watch this space.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My point is that you aren't getting that "meat" anyway, even if you don't get the bone. It's better to at least no before hand.

Besides, I like consolation prizes.
Yeah, but having the bone just encourages them to reuse that bone over and over and over again. That character might not have gotten in in the first place, but I'm sure having an easy placeholder to easily carry over probably doesn't help their chances.

And while you may like that, I don't. And I'm tired of being told that that's good enough and that everyone shouldn't be disappointed with the scraps they get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom