• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Best addition to this game besides the mechanics is squad strike. I always liked Project M's all-star mode so I'm glad they incorporated it into an actual official game. Though there is a glitch where if both you and the opponent pick random for all the slots, it will sometimes give you both the same characters. Hopefully they patch it but other than that, great mode. Like it a lot more than WoL and Elite Smash
That's not a glitch, two players can pick the same character in Squad Strike (a single player can't pick the same character twice though)

You might be thinking of Smash Down, where two players can't pick the same character.
r/whoosh

#NotMyTerryBogard
Where in your post was it apparent that it was a joke...?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
tbh everyone sleeping on a SNK character

I think its one of most likely dlc options.
SNK has been throwing there characters into crossovers everywhere recently.

D

Deleted member

Chun-Li
Tails
Sora
Heihachi
Toad
Goku (so everyone will stop picking fights with us DBZ fans)

D

Deleted member

Alright, these first three are admittedly more goofy than cursed, but given time and some experimentation, I think I'll whip up some real beauties. Here's these three to start, though:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Smug Viridi, or as I like to call her, "Smugidi" (may or may not have been inspired by Failboat's Smuk Mii) and the Chrom Brothers, Chrome and Chrub.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright, these first three are admittedly more goofy than cursed, but given time and some experimentation, I think I'll whip up some real beauties. Here's these three to start, though:

Smug Viridi, or as I like to call her, "Smugidi" (may or may not have been inspired by Failboat's Smuk Mii) and the Chrom Brothers, Chrome and Chrub.
Picture of Lucina being confused by Chrom, Chrome, and Chrub and trying to figure out which one is her father pls

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I found Pyra Pyra 's selfie:

Where in your post was it apparent that it was a joke...?
I would think Smashboards of all places would recognize a "Green Mario" type of joke when it saw one.

Chun-Li
Tails
Sora
Heihachi
Toad
Goku
these are actually some pretty good picks. I'd even be alright with Goku if it meant getting the rest of them.

(so everyone will stop picking fights with us DBZ fans)
But... it's dragon ball. isn't the entire point of the series to pick fights? :thinkingemoji:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I found Pyra Pyra 's selfie:

I would think Smashboards of all places would recognize a "Green Mario" type of joke when it saw one.

these are actually some pretty good picks. I'd even be alright with Goku if it meant getting the rest of them.

But... it's dragon ball. isn't the entire point of the series to pick fights? :thinkingemoji:
What I mean is that you guys tend to pick fights with us because somebody decided to meme about Goku in Smash Bros. Is this really worth all the arguments and death threats?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm so glad somebody got the second layer of the joke.

:smirk:
i don't get it
please explain in great detail what a bust is

What I mean is that you guys tend to pick fights with us because somebody decided to meme about Goku in Smash Bros. Is this really worth all the arguments and death threats?
hey man
i also would like goku in smash

it's not that deep my dude, i haven't once had an argument that escalated into anything severe cause of it
if people are sending you death threats over it then they're wacked out just like anyone else who sends those. taking it personally and acting like literally everyone here is campaigning to exterminate goku supporters doesn't help anyone's case

Literally:
If anyone is here and would like to pick a fight with a Goku supporter, come at me.
Nobody will.

It's also important to keep in mind that Goku will absolutely not happen for Smash Ultimate and to not take offense to that.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I was making a joke earlier, but I do consider your concern valid.

i don't get it
please explain in great detail what a bust is
Taken from Wikipedia:

A bust is a sculpted or cast representation of the upper part of the human figure, depicting a person's head and neck, and a variable portion of the chest and shoulders. The piece is normally supported by a plinth. The bust is generally a portrait intended to record the appearance of an individual, but may sometimes represent a type. They may be of any medium used for sculpture, such as marble, bronze, terracotta, wax or wood.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Shigeru Miyamoto, 2018
I think you meant Shigeru Miiamoto.

TBH y'all ain't ready to see the cursed Miis I can come up with. I've been making Miis since 2006 and know all the tricks on how to produce the..."best" results.

I currently got ones for Chrom and Viridi. I'll grab some screens in a bit.
My favorite types of Miis are the really weird ones where the facial features are all just wrong.

One of my first Miis ever made was one of these, and I named it, "Yhord"

Every time I start up a new system with a Mii Maker, I always make a new Yhord.

3DS has Yhord II, Wii U has Yhord III, and Switch is going to have Yhord IV.

If Miis continue on to the next console, I'll have a Yhord V ready and waiting.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
hey man
i also would like goku in smash

it's not that deep my dude, i haven't once had an argument that escalated into anything severe cause of it
if people are sending you death threats over it then they're wacked out just like anyone else who sends those. taking it personally and acting like literally everyone here is campaigning to exterminate goku supporters doesn't help anyone's case

Literally:
If anyone is here and would like to pick a fight with a Goku supporter, come at me.
Nobody will.

It's also important to keep in mind that Goku will absolutely not happen for Smash Ultimate and to not take offense to that.
Yeah, but which Goku.

Because I think I might get death threats from the other Goku supporters for my preferred one.

D

Deleted member

My favorite types of Miis are the really weird ones where the facial features are all just wrong.

One of my first Miis ever made was one of these, and I named it, "Yhord"

Every time I start up a new system with a Mii Maker, I always make a new Yhord.

3DS has Yhord II, Wii U has Yhord III, and Switch is going to have Yhord IV.

If Miis continue on to the next console, I'll have a Yhord V ready and waiting.
I love those kinds of Miis. I plan on trying to come up with some later down the road once I unlock enough of the Mii costumes to start getting ideas.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
An SNK character is one of my top thinking emoji picks. Marco or Fio would be so awesome.

I'm also not discounting Captain Toad.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Toad needs to get into Smash already.

He and Dixie Kong remain the most glaring omissions now for me.

I feel like Mario and Donkey Kong can't be complete without them.

Pauline to a lesser extent as well, but that's simply because she's the connection between the two titles and series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But he's already there..
Chi-Chi looks younger

Viridi did nothing wrong

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
tbh everyone sleeping on a SNK character

I think its one of most likely dlc options.
SNK has been throwing there characters into crossovers everywhere recently.
If that happens, I will-- do nothing and make no bets. I *might have finally learned my lesson this time. But I still doubt SNK will get a character ;)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
We live in a timeline where a Piranha Plant is in Smash before Dixie/Waluigi/Toad/Bandana Dee.

Man, Sakurai is so bizarre.

D

Deleted member

Dang, I just realized I should have put Kirby in that picture.

I also wanted to get FS Chrom in there, but I didn't have anyone around to help me and the timing would have been a pain in the butt to get down lol.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but which Goku.

Because I think I might get death threats from the other Goku supporters for my preferred one.

I hearby threaten you with death
(the joking, non-lethal kind)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We live in a timeline where a Piranha Plant is in Smash before Dixie/Waluigi/Toad/Bandana Dee.

Man, Sakurai is so bizarre.
To be fair he's more prominent in appearances than most of those characters in terms of main title appearances. The only person who would hold a candle is Toad, who is in practically every Mario game in some capacity just like PP.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
The Square Enix rep will be Brave Fencer Musashi, after a reboot of the game is announced.

come at me

Iridium

Smash Hero

:ultgnw: is really moving...and moving things.

Zinith Zinith He's carrying Yoshi's legacy, if you get what I mean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom