• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Weren't we shown a Pyra spirit in the direct?

I remember seeing that.

Come to think of it.... I never saw a Robin spirit in the drive.

They should at least have a fighter spirit.
Well, it's not in the drive and yes, neither is Robin.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
It's a character to keep an eye on, sure. But plans can change over time. Has there been anything more concrete or recent pertaining to Sylux?
Most recent thing is the Fed Force ending, but that's still a huge hint. And since Prime 4 was confirmed and is moving along steadily according to Reggie, I suspect we'll be seeing Sylux again very soon.

Roberk

Smash Champion
-I think Sigurd would fit Roy/Chrom more than Marth.
-For Leif, more for Marth than Roy.
-With Eliwood, more Ike than Roy/Marth. I mean, have you seen how big Durandal is?

Durandal is not Falchion/Binding Blade size. Durandal looks more Ragnell size.

And hey, if we're going to get more Fire Emblem Lords as Echoes, then I demand we get Julius Belmont, Juste Belmont, Leon Belmont and Trevor Belmont as Echoes as well!
Leif fits Roy, he's aggressive and the fire effects can be replaced with light effects for Leif's Light Brand. Eliwood really should be the Ike Echo, Durandal is huge and he'd fit the fire effect of eruption as long as they change the color to red/orange.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Since Mythra is censored, unless she and Pyra get Smash-level modesty alterations, I guess this effectively kills off Rex's chance at being playable ever. As in, never-ever if there's more DLC beyond the 5 we're getting and never-ever for Smash 6 [cough]not-happening[cough]

His grave is so far beyond the 6-foot digging point that it's almost half-way up to China.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
A tournament two days after release?

...Good luck with that. Not sure why people want to jump straight into a tournament that quickly but each to their own.
It will be awesome.
Early meta is so funny, we know it doesn't mean much as a proof of skill, but the idea of unite and compete for the first time.
Imagine be able to say "Remember that tournament I won that nobody knew how to properly play ?"
The little things.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
This thread is my escape from a ****ed up reality when the Charlie Brown series is considered racist. In praticular, the Thanksgiving special.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thoughts about this DLC pack:

1. Geno
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Katalina
4. Dragonborn
5. Bandana Dee

Been repping Steve for months so I'll be advocating for B&K a bit more as I was way too unhesitant to get on the "STEVE CONFIRMED" train.
Of those 5, only Banjo and Dee would be characters I see myself actually using. Geno would make people happy at least.

All right, since we're all doing this...

My optimal DLC pass would be:

-Edelgard
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma or KOS-MOS
-Impa
-Banjo-Kazooie

And let's throw in Agnes as an alternate choice, since I completely forgot about a Square rep.
What do you guys think?
We don't know much about Edelgard other than she's an Axe lady, so I've got no strong feelings. Elma would be cool. Same with Banjo and Dee like I said above. All in all, pretty nice if this happened.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Yep! Here is a google doc some people have been using to record unlock methods

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...KgEpjgU3jXL1FYk/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
I hope the Shulk one does work because if he's unlocked by an OG 8 I can get him quick.

All this unlock talk just gave me a flashback to the worst Brawl tournament I participated in.
I had to sit on my ass, clad in my very lame Marth cosplay and unlock every single fighter while everyone watched me suffer. I think it took like an hour and a half of 1 stamina flower special matches. I was exhausted when my turn to play came.
Thing was even organized by GameStop...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Since Mythra is censored, unless she and Pyra get Smash-level modesty alterations, I guess this effectively kills off Rex's chance at being playable ever. As in, never-ever if there's more DLC beyond the 5 we're getting and never-ever for Smash 6 [cough]not-happening[cough]

His grave is so far beyond the 6-foot digging point that it's almost half-way up to China.
Well, they could just put some leggings on both of them and cover up the boob windows and it should be fine.
Assuming Sakurai or whoever the director is wants them in Smash 6.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
We do know yoshis theme is (Jurassic Something)
Jurassic Journey

But since my boi and arguably Bowser and Bowser Jr. are the only "dinosaurs" are in the cast, I'm wondering if they'll cheat and use reptiles and dragons. I also want to know if that means Giga Bowser is his Final Boss...

D

Deleted member

Anybody notice that the alt. for duck hunt that looked quite a lot like Banjo and Kazooie is no longer in the game?View attachment 179824
a. There never was any "Banjo-Kazooie" palette for Duck Hunt.
b. The palette you are referring to that people claim is a B-K nod is the very last one.
c. No dogs or ducks were harmed palettes for Duck Hunt were lost in the transition from Smash 4 to Ultimate.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I remember seeing that.

The Pyra spirit was shown during the segment in which Sakurai talks about the Rex Swordfighter costume and the other XC2 content.
We saw a Zeke spirit as well.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yep! Here is a google doc some people have been using to record unlock methods

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...KgEpjgU3jXL1FYk/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
The Marth route is kinda sucky besides Marth himself (Olimar and Megaman are meh, and Pac-Man is a meme), but it's Marth so I'll use him for pretty much the entire mode. Thankfully he's an early unlock unlike my other mains.

Do we know when/if the other two routes open up, or are you able to access them from within the Marth route?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

I remember seeing that.

I saw a Pyra spirit in the image files for the spirits and as far as I can tell there were no changes to her at all.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's 5 DLC list, you guys'll let me know if my taste is great(which it is) or questionable, like my morals.

1. Bandanna Dee
2. Dixie
3. Elma
4. 2nd Mega Man character
5. 2nd Sonic character

Not totally a likely list, but not just a want list either.

If Nintendo doesn't market it or its characters continually?
Absolutely.

Darkstalkers, dead as it is, had 2 sequels, numerous ports, and its mascot is featured in every single vs. Capcom game. Forgive my incredulousness, but I don't think that's happening with either Twintelle or ARMS.
So what you're saying is that Captain Falcon is Nintendo's Morrigan.

Polan

Smash Lord
can someone confirm the miis can't be used in classic mode claim? cuz there's way too much misinformation and these dataminers that are le trolling aren't helping.

eh not really. if the next smash game isn't as obsessed about hitting that e10+ rating then they have a chance.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So here's 5 DLC list, you guys'll let me know if my taste is great(which it is) or questionable, like my morals.

1. Bandanna Dee
2. Dixie
3. Elma
5. 2nd Sonic character

Right now?
Yeah, probably.
At least more than Twintelle at the moment.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

1. Bandanna Dee
2. Dixie
3. Elma
5. 2nd Sonic character

1. 10/10 Wanted that character since Smash 4...
2. 5/10 It'd be a bit underwhelming, since Dixie would just be a semi clone...
3. 10/10 Yes!!!!!
4. and 5. ?/10 Depends on the characters
Yes... Basically

Last edited:

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice

This doesn't change anything.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait wtf why?
Look into it yourself. This isn't the place to discuss this sort of thing, and it's advised you don't respond to off-topic discussion prompts.

Look at me being a mini-mod and all that. Embarrass

1. Bandanna Dee
2. Dixie
3. Elma
5. 2nd Sonic character

>Second Sonic character over Puyo Puyo or SMT/Persona
>Second Mega Man character over Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, or Dante
>No SE or Microsoft Rep

Think again buddy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom