• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
My bad on that one.
People in the Smash community don't drive a majority of DLC sales. They still need to appeal to other fanbases.
Porky and Sylux would be two fighters out of the 5 we have. There's room to appeal to the Smash Community and the General Community.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think Porky is going to be DLC, but that being said...

You can't say Lucas gets a free pass for being niche because of his presence in Brawl if you don't do the same for Porky.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Amidst all of these arguments, I love that we are in the timeline where people are desperate for stuff like Porky and Sylux for DLC and are disappointed that characters like Isaac and Geno got disconfirmed. No offense to those characters or their fans, but it really shows how far this game has come in terms of having to find new characters to include. We really don't "need" anyone else, it's all just a bonus at this point.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
And Porky had 2 boss fights, his own theme and his own stage in the most memorable Smash experience of all time.
Anyone that didn't play Brawl doesn't know who Lucas or Porky are, but anyone that played that game knows who they are.
There’s something you’re missing...

Lucas was in the BASE ROSTER of Brawl, no matter what you do in the game, you are going to see Lucas every time you go to the CSS.

Porky appears 2 times in a story mode that you can completely avoid or not play long enough to see Porky.

Plus Lucas appeared as Smash 4 DLC.

Don’t compare Lucas and Porky, you’re not going to make your case any stronger with that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yes, I know.

I'm just that obnoxious ******* who has to go around and ruin everyone's chances with my countering opinions and thoughts.
Logic, the mortal enemy of Faith.
Still he deserves to be at least his own spirit, or an assist trophy, or a boss, or at least a mii costume.
Yet he is the only boss from brawl totally missing in any way, which it sucks, because I expect him to be at least a boss again... "everyone is here" except Porky.
Don't worry, Zeox.

Porky is safe.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Let's play a game of Reactions™

Reaction: Smash Bros comes to mobile devices...but stylized like Sega Heroes™

D

Deleted member

Amidst all of these arguments, I love that we are in the timeline where people are desperate for stuff like Porky and Sylux for DLC and are disappointed that characters like Isaac and Geno got disconfirmed. No offense to those characters or their fans, but it really shows how far this game has come in terms of having to find new characters to include. We really don't "need" anyone else, it's all just a bonus at this point.
Crash and Sylux are my most wanted characters left.

Crash getting in would make me to never ask for another Smash game again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, I know.

I'm just that obnoxious ******* who has to go around and ruin everyone's chances with my countering opinions and thoughts.
I won't lie; despite you not being obnoxious, a voice of reason is really healthy for this thread. That's why you and Golden being here is such a nice thing on its own. :)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wow, what the **** is your problem?

I'm trying to explain that I'm joking around too and you give me this ****?
Because its not even the first time this rodeo has happened with us.

Like coming at me and saying I'm obnoxious for stating an opinion and then you do the same is very hypocrtical.

You even sort of acknowledged this, but if this was the first time this type of **** had happened with us, I'd probably have wrote it off, but you've done it more than once at this point in our history together over the years.

And I still like and respect you. I just don't have the energy for that type of **** anymore. It's not even a just you thing. It's just a ''Smashboards does this to me (and other users as well) thing. They even do it to you.

But I just don't have the time for that petty internet mess anymore. If you can't take a joke or counter it even remotely respectfully like how do you expect me to respond to it after years of it? Again not just talking you.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
In other words what you’re saying is “stop having fun speculating on characters because I am superior and I said so.”

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
On the subject of Porky being DLC...

I don't really see such a niche franchise such as Mother, which has been dormant for 12 years, getting another unique newcomer anytime soon...
Especially if Nintendo is truly the one choosing the DLC...

It's disappointing, sure, but it's pretty likely to be the case...

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Also, is it possible that Porky is represented by being in the "Absolutely Safe Capsule" Spirit?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
That's ya'll's problem with Porky and Sylux.

It's a ''chance" that they're ''promotion".

Not even a guarantee.

We have no idea if Sylux's role really increased in Prime 4.

And we have no idea if Mother 3 will become localized.

So you're just operating on ''They have missing spirits and there's a possibility."

Call this post obnoxious if you want, I honestly don't even care, but you know there's a lot of ''chance" with this and it's only obnoxious because you realize this is the truth.
It's obnoxious that everytime a character gets speculated on the argument always boils down to "they wont sell theyre not popular enough!". Speculation isn't gonna be fun if every character possibility is put down for "not selling well".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Lucas was in the BASE ROSTER of Brawl, no matter what you do in the game, you are going to see Lucas every time you go to the CSS.

Porky appears 2 times in a story mode that you can completely avoid or not play long enough to see Porky.

Don’t compare Lucas and Porky, you’re not going to make your case any stronger with that.
I'm getting heavy "no one knows K. Rool because not everyone reached the final boss" flashbacks.

D

Deleted member

I won't lie; despite you not being obnoxious, a voice of reason is really healthy for this thread. That's why you and Golden being here is such a nice thing on its own. :)
There’s something to note doh:
Some people (myself included) actually wanted Sylux in the game long before the Spirits thing.
In fact, i used to think that it or Dark Samus would join a Smash game before Ridley, until i was proven wrong.

I agree on the fact that he won’t get in just for the Spirit stuff... But there are more reasons that makes me want Sylux getting a spot.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
People will literally make **** up about certain characters to “prove” why they can’t be in the game. I’m all for tempering expectations but people go way too far with it.
Porky is literally the main villain of Mother 3. How is that unimportant?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's obnoxious that everytime a character gets speculated on the argument always boils down to "they wont sell theyre not popular enough!". Speculation isn't gonna be fun if every character possibility is put down for "not selling well".
But that's thing. DLC is designed to sell. It has to sell at a mass general audience level or at least at a level that Smash players will respond to. Nintendo and any potential third parties are gonna push or sell a character they KNOW will sell. Otherwise they're not even gonna give that character a time of day thought.

I'll even give someone the benefit that Porky was in Brawl as a possibility Smash fans would respond to him as well as how beloved Lucas and Ness are in the community, but like....Sylux is a whole other level of reach IMO.

Zeox

Smash Champion

If you never beat the story mode or unlock any stages then you will not remember Lucas or even brawl at all.
And don't talk about the smash 4 DLC because that's exactly why I was bringing Lucas to the conversation, "A character that only smash bros fans will remember and could buy", I'm comparing Lucas with Porky because that's what they have in common, no one outside the smash community probably remembers them (Unless we talk about the Mother community but, that's obvious).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If we got two DC Comics rep and they were Superman and Plastic Man, i would forgive DC for doing the Batman franchise injustice.
That was a nice pun at the end. Glad you enjoy being in the hands of justice after all

Do you guys see another DLC pack after this upcoming one? I'd say yes but only if it sells well

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Porky really isn’t that niche and neither is Mother anymore. It was on Wii U eshop, SNES classic.

It’s not getting a new game, but it’s like FE in that Smash has helped make it mainstream. Many people would know Porky at this point

D

Deleted member

That was a nice pun at the end. Glad you enjoy being in the hands of justice after all

Do you guys see another DLC pack after this upcoming one? I'd say yes but only if it sells well
I think the same way as you do.

If the profits are huge, they could make a second batch to sell a bit more.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Also, is it possible that Porky is represented by being in the "Absolutely Safe Capsule" Spirit?
If ASC is supposed to represent Porky, the spirit will be called "Porky (Absolutely Safe Capsule", here's the list of spirits, notice that characters that have weird forms usually have their name + the "( )":
https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N
Some examples:
Mario (Wedding)
Zero (Zero Buster)
Hoopa (Confined)
Zygarde (50% Forme)
Meloetta (Aria Forme)
5-Volt (Angry)

LetterO

Smash Lord
But that's thing. DLC is designed to sell. It has to sell at a mass general audience level or at least at a level that Smash players will respond to. Nintendo and any potential third parties are gonna push or sell a character they KNOW will sell. Otherwise they're not even gonna give that character a time of day thought.

I'll even give someone the benefit that Porky was in Brawl as a possibility Smash fans would respond to him as well as how beloved Lucas and Ness are in the community, but like....Sylux is a whole other level of reach IMO.
Sylux is more than likely to have a big role in Prime 4 with how much he's been hinted at. Of course it's just a possibility. Speculation is all about possibilities. That's the whole point of it. There's a possibility of Porky and Sylux, and it's good to go over that possibility. The Spirits datamine gave a breath of fresh air from the constant arguments about Steve and the Square Rep.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
On the subject of Porky being DLC...

I don't really see such a niche franchise such as Mother, which has been dormant for 12 years, getting another unique newcomer anytime soon...
Especially if Nintendo is truly the ones choosing the DLC...
Mother fans: “LALALALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOU LALALALA WE’LL GET NINTEN AND PORKY FOR DLC WITH 20 REMIXES LALALALALAAA”

(no offense meant to actual Mother fans but this is basically what I see ALL the time)

Roberk

Smash Champion
In other words what you’re saying is “stop having fun speculating on characters because I am superior and I said so.”
One of my most hated things is people putting words in my mouth, I never said that. Speculation is still fun, especially since we are speculating about all of these cult-classic fan favorites. I was just saying how we are well past the point of "Wouldn't Wario and Sonic be cool" "Oh, how about Mega Man!"

My point is that there aren't really any super iconic A tier Nintendo first-parties and heavily-affiliated-with-Nintendo third-parties left and that Smash really has gone above and beyond when it comes to a Nintendo focused crossover.

osby

Smash Obsessed
People will literally make **** up about certain characters to “prove” why they can’t be in the game. I’m all for tempering expectations but people go way too far with it.
He's important for Mother. But what makes him a more sensible pick for DLC than, say, Hades or Black Shadow? That I don't get.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In the context as a promotional pick, that would mean he's getting a new game. Which as we know, is never going to happen

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

I think the assumption with Sylux is that, since he's going to play a major role in Metroid Prime 4, he would be an "advertisement character", kind of like Corrin. But Nintendo has never really gone out of its way to promote Metroid like that before, and there are already two new Metroid characters, so idk.

Also, Porky had popularity before this, don't pretend that he didn't. He's probably just not a spirit because he's a DLC boss or something (or even more terrifying, Sakurai just forgot about him), but don't pretend that people didn't want him. He was especially popular on 4chan for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom