• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I'm so sick of falling for bait and looking like a ****nut. I'm not believing anymore smash related things

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It was a meme. It's why I posted that image as well. I don't really think it's inappropriate, but I probably missed something that happened earlier, so whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The mods don't like us posting those creepy Steve images

I think they just want to make sure we get some sleep tonight...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Lucas and Roy are exceptions because they were veterans from previous games, and had higher demand due to that. Mewtwo was a similar case.
  • Bayonetta is a popular third party series, and there were a good amount of people within the fanbase who wanted her
  • Corrin was explicitly a promotional pick for Fates in the West, so he's a special case. Fates was already released and doing relatively well in Japan when he was released. He's also the main character of his game, and not a side character/antagonist. we still should've gotten Azura
Sylux and Porky don't really fall into any of these categories.
Except Porky does.
He was present in a previous game in the Smash series. By default, he isn't as "niche" as you think he is.
You think jokes are obnoxious but joke all the time.

Oh, okay. I see.

Well, that's good knowledge for the future.
Maybe quit the strawman and realize I'm being equally obnoxious as you are? Hmm?

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It was a meme. It's why I posted that image as well. I don't really think it's inappropriate, but I probably missed something that happened earlier, so whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The meme is inappropriate and it creeps out a lot of people.

Please don't post it.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Lucas was a veteran from the most popular Smash game of all time who was very present in one of the most memorable Smash experiences of all time (Subspace), Lucas and Porky are not on the same level.
Porky was also in Subspace and a boss at that. Not on the level of a playable character, but people will remember his stage and his boss fight if they've played Brawl. People in the Smash community will know Porky.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't see either Sylux or Porky making it, their lack of a Spirit (or Porky's lack of a boss role) doesn't make them likely for DLC imo. They're just absent.

I kind of doubt Porky making it in regardless anyways because I don't think anything will happen with Mother soon

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a big game. It's not like they can add Samus to promote the game, so they'd add Sylux who has a chance to be the antagonist. Same with Porky if we really do get a Mother 3 localization.
The thing is, Sylux has a chance. Like, we don't even know if it will be. It took a massive fan effort to get Ridley and Dark Samus in the game, and there are plenty of other promotional reps and characters from larger releases to put in over Sylux. Animal Crossing Switch or Luigi's Mansion 3 anyone?

Also a Mother 3 localization doesn't need any more promotion than it being a Mother 3 localization lol.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Lucas was a veteran from the most popular Smash game of all time who was very present in one of the most memorable Smash experiences of all time (Subspace), Lucas and Porky are not on the same level.
And Porky had 2 boss fights, his own theme and his own stage in the most memorable Smash experience of all time.
Anyone that didn't play Brawl doesn't know who Lucas or Porky are, but anyone that played that game knows who they are.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's ya'll's problem with Porky and Sylux.

It's a ''chance" that they're ''promotion".

Not even a guarantee.

We have no idea if Sylux's role really increased in Prime 4.

And we have no idea if Mother 3 will become localized.

So you're just operating on ''They have missing spirits and there's a possibility."

Call this post obnoxious if you want, I honestly don't even care, but you know there's a lot of ''chance" with this and it's only obnoxious because you realize this is the truth.

D

Deleted member

Porky is also a big part of the Smash franchise.
He was a boss in Brawl, and even has his own stage back in Ultimate.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Porky was also in Subspace and a boss at that. Not on the level of a playable character, but people will remember his stage and his boss fight if they've played Brawl. People in the Smash community will know Porky.
And Porky had 2 boss fights, his own theme and his own stage in the most memorable Smash experience of all time.
Anyone that didn't play Brawl doesn't know who Lucas or Porky are, but anyone that played that game knows who they are.
Yeah, sure, but still nowhere near the same level of Lucas' recognizability. Nothing can make up for being a starting playable character, imo.

LetterO

Smash Lord
The thing is, Sylux has a chance. Like, we don't even know if it will be. It took a massive fan effort to get Ridley and Dark Samus in the game, and there are plenty of other promotional reps and characters from larger releases to put in over Sylux. Animal Crossing Switch or Luigi's Mansion 3 anyone?
Sylux has been hinted at twice and if I recall, mentioned to be in Prime 4. Also, the point about AC and Luigi's Mansion is opinion. We don't know which game will be larger.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The meme is inappropriate and it creeps out a lot of people.

Please don't post it.
My bad on that one. Won't do it again boss.

Except Porky does.
He was present in a previous game in the Smash series. By default, he isn't as "niche" as you think he is./QUOTE]
Outside of "oh, he was that one boss guy from Brawl," casual fans know nothing about him. I'd hardly call him a glaring omission.

People in the Smash community don't drive a majority of DLC sales. They still need to appeal to other fanbases.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

Not even a guarantee.

So you're just operating on ''They have missing spirits and there's a possibility."

Call this post obnoxious if you want, I honestly don't even care, but you know there's a lot of ''chance" with this and it's only obnoxious because you realize this is the truth.
No on is guarantee! Great job, you found out something everyone already knows!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Maybe quit the strawman and realize I'm being equally obnoxious as you are? Hmm?
Yes, I'm wrong. Strawmanned. Yadda yadda yadda. You're right. Yadda yadda yadda. Internet superiority complex. Yadda yadda.

Please Golden. You're looking like a fool, which I know you're not.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Not even a guarantee.

But Fisheeeeer~...

The chaaaa~aaaance....

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't call first one exactly a fight, though...

What I don't get it what makes Porky different from any other side character from Smash, aside from coming from a niche, concluded series.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Not even a guarantee.

There’s nothing wrong with discussing characters who only have a chance. It’s speculation. Porky and Stylux probably won’t be DLC but they could be

D

Deleted member

Y’know there’s this really good image going over inspect element using various leakers as examples, but I can’t find it right now. Seems like it would be relevant

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Not even a guarantee.

tbf Tanabe has said he plans on making Sylux a big deal in Prime 4 and is trying to build them up with the Prime 3 ending and Fed Force ending. You aren't entirely wrong either though.

Also lmfao there is no way Mother is getting anything beyond 'extra love in Smash' so there would NEVER be a promotional pick

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Yes, I'm wrong. Strawmanned. Yadda yadda yadda. You're right. Yadda yadda yadda. Internet superiority complex. Yadda yadda.

Both of you are looking like fools, so I advise you to stop before you become another me. We don't need another jacob, let alone two more

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
"Say it louder for the people in the back" is just a meme, Fisher isn't being obnoxious. I personally found it funny and I don't see reason to get mad over it or tell them to shut up :confused:

D

Deleted member

Wow, what the **** is your problem?

I'm trying to explain that I'm joking around too and you give me this ****?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Yeah, sure, but still nowhere near the same level of Lucas' recognizability. Nothing can make up for being a starting playable character, imo.
Still he deserves to be at least his own spirit, or an assist trophy, or a boss, or at least a mii costume.
Yet he is the only boss from brawl totally missing in any way, which it sucks, because I expect him to be at least a boss again... "everyone is here" except Porky.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Curious, how you guys rank the Final Smashes in terms of visuals this time around?

Mine would be something like this (no order within categories):

Best Looking Ones:

Plasma Scream (Ridley)
Great Aether (Ike)
Shin Shoryuken (Ryu)
Stampede! (Yoshi)
Omega Blitz (Mii Brawler)
Wolf Pack (Wolf)
Team Star Fox (Fox, Falco)
Blue Falcon (Captain Falcon)
Sheikah Dance (Sheik)
Blast-O-Matic (King K. Rool)
Dede-rush (King Dedede)
Mega Legends (Mega Man)
Guided Robo Beam (R.O.B.)
Wario-Man (Wario)
Max Malicious Moonsault (Incineroar)

Pretty Decent:

Mario Finale (Mario)
Chain Attack (Shulk)
Jungle Rush (Donkey Kong)
Giga Bowser (Bowser)
Zero Laser (Samus, Dark Samus)
Triforce Slash (Young Link, Toon Link)
Awakening Aether (Chrom)
Omnislash (Cloud)
Triforce of Wisdom (Zelda)
Shippu Jinraikyauku (Ken)
Shinryuken (Ken)
Critical Hit (Roy)
Pair Up (Robin)
Poltergust 5000 (Luigi)
Full Blast (Mii Gunner)
Dark Beast Ganon (Ganondorf)
Torrential Roar (Corrin)
Triple Finish (Pokemon Trainer)
Volt Tackle (Pichu, Pikachu)
Rocketbarrel Barrage (Diddy Kong)
Secret Ninja Attack (Greninja)
Psystrike (Mewtwo)
Aura Storm (Lucario)
Ultra Sword (Kirby)
Grand Cross (Simon, Richter)
Covering Fire (Snake)
Infernal Climax (Bayonetta)
Shadow Mario Paint (Bowser Jr.)
Lightning Chariot (Pit)
Black Hole Laser (Palutena)
PK Starstorm (Ness, Lucas)
Darkness Illusion (Morrig--I mean, Meta Knight)
Giga Mac (Little Mac)
Super Sonic (Sonic)
NES Zapper Posse (Duck Hunt)
Killer Wail (Inkling)
End of Day (Olimar)
Doctor Finale (Dr. Mario)

Not As Nice Looking:

Ancient Bow & Arrow (Link)
Zero Laser (Zero Suit Samus)
Shinkuu Hadouken (Ryu)
Critical Hit (Marth, Lucina)
Final Edge (Mii Swordfighter)
Dark Pit Staff (Dark Pit)
Peach Blossom (Peach)
Daisy Blossom (Daisy)
Super Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Dream Home (Villager, Isabelle)
Wii Fit (Wii Fit Trainer)
Puff Up (Jigglypuff)
Iceberg (Ice Climbers)
Power Star (Rosalina)
Octopus (Mr. Game & Watch)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still he deserves to be at least his own spirit, or an assist trophy, or a boss, or at least a mii costume.
Yet he is the only boss from brawl totally missing in any way, which it sucks, because I expect him to be at least a boss again... "everyone is here" except Porky.
We technically have his stage at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom