• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Look at the representation Capcom is getting geez. And they're possibly getting a 3rd Unique character making it 4 Capcom characters. And the influx of Konami representation too. Sega got some new stuff as well.

Meanwhile with Namco and SE.........

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
You right. I meant all the cut Sonic music specifically, but yeah, Song of Crawling is gone for good.

Nah, we're getting a new Fourside and Magicant remix.
Uh, I'm really something, aren't I?

Now I'm actually getting lost in this mess.

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I see where this is going. Recall that there was a rumor that stated that there were seperate pathways for villains and heroes.

I think what they meant was that in Galeem's world map, you would unlock the heroes AKA the good guys, seeing how Galeem seems to represent light. Also note how in the WOL gameplay, you mostly see good characters in gameplay in both the overworld and battle. There is an exception, but I'll touch on that in a bit. In Darz's world however, you would unlock Villians/Anti Hero characters, seeing how he represents dark. The number of "evil-esque" fighters increased this iteration to at least justify it. And no villians or evil "esque" characters were shown in WOL aside from Ganondorf and Wario. But Wario was just a common enemy and Ganondorf was only seen in Battle. Not to mention that Ganondorf was also seen in a notably darker unseen area.

It's possible that the final world, either A) Unlocks neutral characters, or characters that can be either good or evil. Or B) Be a final long journey with extra hard fighters, while having all fighters (both good and bad) unlocked.

But those are my thoughts, and I think that may be the direction Sakurai is taking WOL in.
Actually in the WoL trailer we saw Bowser as the playable character on the map. It's in the part where it zooms out

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yo- question, since I'm a bit of a dum dum And forgot my Odyssey lore

Did we ever got a 7 minute long version of Jump-Up superstars with 8 bit effect during the song anytime during the game?
Because if not, well, there that in smash Ultimate
Well, found out the question about my own question after listening a bit

Festival Version of Jump Up Super Star is in as a 7 Minutes37 versions instead of the 4minute version from Odyssey...
So, I guess they extended it somehow.

D

Deleted member

Listening to the full F-Zero Medley:

ht.gif

This game's soundtrack is the best thing. It's just...so dang good, you guys. It's so good.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Wait. It's up to 31? That's even better! It's up there with CV and SF's tracks.
Definitely. Btw Gravity, Napalm, Crash, Fire and Metal were just uploaded. Oh and a 4 medley.
4 meldey is great. I'm passing Gravity and Napalm. Time to test Fire, Crash and... Metal.

D

Deleted member

Well, found out the question about my own question after listening a bit

Festival Version of Jump Up Super Star is in as a 7 Minutes37 versions instead of the 4minute version from Odyssey...
So, I guess they extended it somehow.
So...we can have a 7 minute long song, but DK Rap and Engage the Enemy have to be cut down?

Okay, sure. Makes sense. I'm not mad at all.

DankGrinch

Banned via Administration
Hello. I’m the Grinch. I made some mistakes with that Grinch Leak. But do you wanna hear another one that’s totally true?

Iridium

Smash Hero
I remember having heard the Battle Kahuna Theme (if I got the name right) was in a little over a week ago by those who played the game. Still haven't seen it yet...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Napalm Man's theme is a GOAT! Glad out of all the MM5 Robot Masters, he was one of the ones picked. Although Star Man and Charge Man are also great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom