• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
what if bamco rep is Darked Souls
Then I get really happy. Dark Souls and Soulcalibur would be my Bamco reps of choice, but both are pretty unlikely to me.

Dunno who they'd choose. A generic Chosen Undead? Solaire? Hell maybe even Artorias?

I dunno man. Bethesda's one of the "big dogs" still standing with 0 Smash rep. Just interests me.

Them stating a simple "oh yeah" to if they've talked to Nintendo about Smash REALLY interests me.
I know, it makes a lot of sense for them to be involved but we still don't have anything concrete on it so I'm being careful about it.

I would absolutely love it though. I think any Bethesda rep would make me hyped as hell.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
It's stupid, mind-numbing fun. When I've got to worry about essays and deadlines and **** it's nice to be able to turn off my brain for a bit and watch Natsu and co. tear absolutely destroy anything in their way with that timeless nakama power.

Okay, but it's the Geno thread; it's biased by default. Of course they're gonna argue that Geno is likelier than ever. Seems like nothing more than tinfoil speculation to me, however, and there's no room for that at this point in time.

Just trust that the VGAs come through and we get Sora as predicted.

I've got nothing against DQ, but I really don't want LeakyPandy to build up a reputation. They'd surely let it get to their already inflated head.

Just out of curiosity since you are a Fairy Tail fan, are you also a Seven Deadly Sins fan? And yeah it just helps to just relax and enjoy what Natsu and the gang are up to when life gets too stressful.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Someone put it best in that the Graizen scenario tonight is a perfect analogue to the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Multiple times Graizen has come to this thread and made fake claims supposedly proving that Agumon will be in Smash or is a popular pick for the game. At one point, he tried to pass off what was obviously a fake "leak" sent to him by someone going for some cheap laughs at his expense. So, when comes with a real claim, can you blame us for doubting him?

It really doesn't help that immediately before he made the bold claim that Agumon is the most supported Namco character in this thread and on a 4chan thread (it might've been 4chan as a whole, I was gone for most of the debacle watching Fairy Tail so I don't know) based off of two forum games and a thread made by his friend, and became condescending when we understandably expressed doubt at that. Then he revealed the info about Senrou and again, we doubted him because he's pulled this **** multiple times and it gets seriously annoying. And then we're the bad guys for doubting him when, again, it's understandable why we'd do so.

Your point about Zinith is largely mute because it's really only people outside of the forum who go after him; he pretty much always contributes to the discussion (but also slips in as much Yoshi as he can). Graizen, on the other hand, gets criticism within the forum because he constantly attempts to derail discussion towards Agumon and gets mad at us when we call him on it.

Look, I've got nothing against the guy, and his discussion with Senrou is hilarious if you think about it (dude got an actual leaker to admit to a Namco rep with misinformation), but it gets tiresome after a while.
(I asume you really want an answer since this is your second post addresing mine. I will answer once because I admire and respect you)
tehponycorn, I think you are one the smartest people on the discussion thread IMHO. I know you are observant and pretty dedicated. You stand out in your own way. I hope you will listen to what I have to say.

I know about Graizen´s past. I have read about it. I am not saying that you have to believe anything he says. It is fine to dislike him. You can hate him or anyone else if that is what you want. The thing is that hate/dislike/annoyance breeds investment. You are investing yourself unnecessarily on the quality of the posts of another poster. Why go through that suffering? You dont need that.

You say he is always disrupting discussion and how he never brings anything to the topic at hand. Why not simply ignore him? I have read there is an ignore button. Why is it important to engage? Like what do you expect to happen? I am sure you know Graizen a lot better than I do. You probably can predict how he is going to act. Is there any point for doing this? What are you gaining from any of this? Are you winning anything worth every bit of effort you are putting into it?

My one and only point is that I think passionate people should receive a fair treatment. I know you think that it should depend on a case to case basis. But who is going to decide that? Who is going to invest so much time on that when we have a topic going on? Is the effort really worth it? Personally, I prefer to pick the lesser of the two evils. Let people roam free and post whatever they want (as long as its within the rules). I think we need to learn to live with each other because it isnt important what makes us different for this thread. We are here because this is the discussion thread is for smash fans. Lets try to enjoy ourselves or at the very least tolerate each other while we enjoy the wild ride that is this speculation cycle.

Of course, this is just my opinion and people can decide to do whatever they judge best. I also want to stop speaking of this because this type of stuff also brings the topic to a halt.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Moving to the subject of DLC, what company does everyone think about the last DLC slot? What company could hold the last spot?

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Just curious would you prefer Heihachi or Jin? It would most likely be Heihachi as the Tekken rep. However given that they are pushing Jin to be the new face of Tekken now that Heihachi story wise is dead. And his VA died, it may be possible even if slightly that we could get Jin.
No disrespect to Unsho Ishizuka, but he was Heihachi's third canon voice actor, and he himself took over the role when Daisuke Gori died. This idea that the character will be retired because Ishizuka passed away is nonsense.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Sakurai tends to draw really iconic stages out though. And the only iconic setting from Doom, like it or not, is just literally Hell.
It's not like he's forced to though. Sakurai could easily do something not-hell related if he doesn't want to do a stage that's literally hell.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What sets Dragonborn apart from the Doomslayer imo for a Bethesda rep is the stage. That's the key.

Would they actually put in literal Hell? The only actual option for a stage? For Bayo they put in the Clock Tower.

The Dragonborn has the fantasy, Zelda-like, Throat of the World which would work perfectly with Paarthunax or Alduin as a stage hazard.
Doesn't one of the DOOM games have a Mars Base location?

Just use that.
I used to read Fairy Tail.

And then the Grand Magic Games turned me off of it.
The Summoning Fake Out with Lucy and it's aftermath made me feel so uncomfortable that I didn't want to read the series anymore.
Anyway, I've gotta jet.
-------------------------
Before I go, I just want to point out that if you take the first two letters of each part of Piranha Plant's name, you get PiPl.

Do you like PiPl? Just some tired, working-off-a-cold humour.
It's all good. I acknowledge wholeheartedly that, while I enjoy it, Fairy Tail is also absolute trash.

Seriously, I only watch it because of sunk cost fallacy (I watched the entire show, all 170-ish episodes, when I was in middle school, and I immensely enjoyed it back then, and the Tartaros arc appealed to my older, more refined High School self, only to be let down by the later Avatar, Alvarez, and whatever the **** the finale arc was) and because it's mindless fun.

It's the same reasons why I watch SAO, except I also watch it because it's got some nice animation at times (but even then the show has been so ****ing boring recently. Like, I waited three weeks to catch up on SAO and Fairy Tail because I got busy with college and and I just want to watch the bromance between Kirito and Eugeo, but instead I get one good episode and then two episodes of the council of Kirito's ******* doing jack **** like they always do. Also why the **** is Asuna leaking a top-secret government project to her ****ing tea buddies, all of which are out to get her by proxy of wanting Kirito's ****?).

Seriously, don't watch SAO. Just watch SAO Abridged instead. It's 100% better content in less than half of the time.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I dunno man. Bethesda's one of the "big dogs" still standing with 0 Smash rep. Just interests me.

Them stating a simple "oh yeah" to if they've talked to Nintendo about Smash REALLY interests me.

If the Dragonborn does get in, I wonder if they will hire Jeremy Soule to compose the music. That would be great to see how they would implement his very epic music in the fast paced Smash Bros setting.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's not like he's forced to though. Sakurai could easily do something not-hell related if he doesn't want to do a stage that's literally hell.
He isn't forced. But there's a reasonable precedent.
Though I say the stage is the key, there's a lot of pros and cons for both characters.

D

Deleted member

It's stupid, mind-numbing fun. When I've got to worry about essays and deadlines and **** it's nice to be able to turn off my brain for a bit and watch Natsu and co. tear absolutely destroy anything in their way with that timeless nakama power.

Okay, but it's the Geno thread; it's biased by default. Of course they're gonna argue that Geno is likelier than ever. Seems like nothing more than tinfoil speculation to me, however, and there's no room for that at this point in time.

Just trust that the VGAs come through and we get Sora as predicted.

I've got nothing against DQ, but I really don't want LeakyPandy to build up a reputation. They'd surely let it get to their already inflated head.
I genuinely don't want Dragon Quest for kinda that sole fact, too. There've been numerous times where LeakyPandy uses Spawn Wave's info or even others to an extent. Do you want someone like that to build a reputation? I don't either.

Really it's either Nintendo makes the biggest risk they could ever make right know with Sora knowing that some people will see this as a PS4 advert before Next-Gen comes or Geno to finally have some closure for everyone.

Geoff, please be right about this year being bombastic with announcements. I TRUST YOU DORITOS POPE.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So wait did one of the leakers say Heihachi or is just everyone following the (right) gut feeling?

Shroob

Sup?
As someone who's never actually played Skyrim, does Dhovakhin have a 'canon' appearance?

I don't doubt that the character would have a very varied moveset, but what would they 'look' like? Nord in the Dragonborn helmet?

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's all good. I acknowledge wholeheartedly that, while I enjoy it, Fairy Tail is also absolute trash.

Seriously, I only watch it because of sunk cost fallacy (I watched the entire show, all 170-ish episodes, when I was in middle school, and I immensely enjoyed it back then, and the Tartaros arc appealed to my older, more refined High School self, only to be let down by the later Avatar, Alvarez, and whatever the **** the finale arc was) and because it's mindless fun.

It's the same reasons why I watch SAO, except I also watch it because it's got some nice animation at times (but even then the show has been so ****ing boring recently. Like, I waited three weeks to catch up on SAO and Fairy Tail because I got busy with college and and I just want to watch the bromance between Kirito and Eugeo, but instead I get one good episode and then two episodes of the council of Kirito's ******* doing jack **** like they always do. Also why the **** is Asuna leaking a top-secret government project to her ****ing tea buddies, all of which are out to get her by proxy of wanting Kirito's ****?).

Seriously, don't watch SAO. Just watch SAO Abridged instead. It's 100% better content in less than half of the time.
I know aaaaaalllllll about the Sunk Cost Fallacy and Manga.

I finished both Bleach and Naruto (Bleach moreso than Naruto).

Bionichute

Smash Champion
As someone who's never actually played Skyrim, does Dhovakhin have a 'canon' appearance?

I don't doubt that the character would have a very varied moveset, but what would they 'look' like? Nord in the Dragonborn helmet?

exactly like this

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Yeah here's our guy. He's identical to this in numerous pieces of official art.

Shout.png

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I'd like it if each alt was a different race, though two of them would have to get cut...

And I want the Argonian one to stay obviously :yoshi:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
we are not getting a bethesda rep my dudes, its too far of an outreach for a company that has had minimal relations with nintendo

also skyrim man would be the absolute most boring character

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
we are not getting a bethesda rep my dudes, its too far of an outreach for a company that has had minimal relations with nintendo

Really? Skyrim's important to me. You shouldn't hate on a game somebody holds dear. Ahhh wait

Also, what are you talking about? Bethesda has grown pretty close with Nintendo lately. Skyrim was promoted very heavily in the early days of the Switch, DOOM Eternal is coming to Switch and it's pretty well advertised.

D

Deleted member

I see the Switch hasn't released in the universe you live in yet.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

This is his canon appearance

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Ah a fellow Fairy Tail fan! It seems we share many similar likes friend.
It's great to come across fellow Fairy Tail fans.
Just curious would you prefer Heihachi or Jin? It would most likely be Heihachi as the Tekken rep. However given that they are pushing Jin to be the new face of Tekken now that Heihachi story wise is dead. And his VA died, it may be possible even if slightly that we could get Jin.
I myself prefer Jin, but in a just world we'd Ling Xiaoyu. I understand the desire for Karate-based characters, but having some Kung Fu/Chinese Martial Arts characters in Smash would be a breath of fresh air *looks to Chun Li*.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just out of curiosity since you are a Fairy Tail fan, are you also a Seven Deadly Sins fan? And yeah it just helps to just relax and enjoy what Natsu and the gang are up to when life gets too stressful.
I watched the first episode with my sister and her boyfriend, but I it just seems eh. Besides, I don't have the time to watch another series. The only reason I watch Fairy Tail and SAO is because I'm all caught up on them and can afford an hour each week to watching the new episodes.
(I asume you really want an answer since this is your second post addresing mine. I will answer once because I admire and respect you)
tehponycorn, I think you are one the smartest people on the discussion thread IMHO. I know you are observant and pretty dedicated. You stand out in your own way. I hope you will listen to what I have to say.

I know about Graizen´s past. I have read about it. I am not saying that you have to believe anything he says. It is fine to dislike him. You can hate him or anyone else if that is what you want. The thing is that hate/dislike/annoyance breeds investment. You are investing yourself unnecessarily on the quality of the posts of another poster. Why go through that suffering? You dont need that.

You say he is always disrupting discussion and how he never brings anything to the topic at hand. Why not simply ignore him? I have read there is an ignore button. Why is it important to engage? Like what do you expect to happen? I am sure you know Graizen a lot better than I do. You probably can predict how he is going to act. Is there any point for doing this? What are you gaining from any of this? Are you winning anything worth every bit of effort you are putting into it?

My one and only point is that I think passionate people should receive a fair treatment. I know you think that it should depend on a case to case basis. But who is going to decide that? Who is going to invest so much time on that when we have a topic going on? Is the effort really worth it? Personally, I prefer to pick the lesser of the two evils. Let people roam free and post whatever they want (as long as its within the rules). I think we need to learn to live with each other because it isnt important what makes us different for this thread. We are here because this is the discussion thread is for smash fans. Lets try to enjoy ourselves or at the very least tolerate each other while we enjoy the wild ride that is this speculation cycle.

Of course, this is just my opinion and people can decide to do whatever they judge best. I also want to stop speaking of this because this type of stuff also brings the topic to a halt.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Moving to the subject of DLC, what company does everyone think about the last DLC slot? What company could hold the last spot?
That's an incredibly well thought out opinion if I do say so myself.

To put it simply: I don't like using the ignore feature. I find the "show ignored content" button on the bottom of the page annoying, and it can lead to a lack of context in certain discussions. And besides egregious events like tonight, Graizen is largely harmless. He posts some cool pictures of Pokemon and Digimon, and contributes a neat forum game every now and again. It's just repetitive events like these that irk me, especially because he doesn't seem to learn from them. But then again, I learned nothing during Sm4sh speculation, and it was only coming back here that I was able to reflect on my previous experience and learn from that. Hopefully something like that happens to Graizen.

If you're reading this buddy, I wish nothing but the best for ya'.

Anyways, I think the last DLC slot is going to a new company, either Microsoft, Bethesda, or Ubisoft.

Or, we could just have all three be DLC alongside Square Enix and Namco. That's the best case scenario right there.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
yes a single port of a decade old game and a mobile game really strengthen the chances for whitey mchornman to get into smash bros
"Well they're actually old games so they don't count even though they show a strengthening bond between the two companies"
And seriously can you quit being so hypocritical with this stuff? I apologize if it seems like I'm singling you out but it makes it harder to look at your arguments objectively.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
"Well they're actually old games so they don't count even though they show a strengthening bond between the two companies"
And seriously can you quit being so hypocritical with this stuff
sorry i forgot doom

also how am i being hypocritical, im just saying that there's not really enough between the two companies to warrant them ever getting into smash bros. most of the crossover companies in smash have at least some history related to nintendo, bethesda is a total newcomer with three nintendo games under their belts

they don't have a chance of getting in

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
It's great to come across fellow Fairy Tail fans.

I myself prefer Jin, but in a just world we'd Ling Xiaoyu. I understand the desire for Karate-based characters, but having some Kung Fu/Chinese Martial Arts characters in Smash would be a breath of fresh air *looks to Chun Li*.
Yes, Fairy Tail fans are awesome!

I prefer Jin as well, and honestly I hope if we do get a Tekken rep its him. Ryu vs Jin just sounds like an amazing match to see in Smash Ultimate. Im actually a big Lee Chaolan fan, maybe because he is kind of the Tekken Ken. Ling Xiaoyu is pretty fun to use though, and hopefully in the next Smash we see some more female brawlers.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I guess you can say there are similar inspirations behind Lucario (at least his certain animations resemble tai chi stances) but that's it.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
like i said, you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment when you talk about stuff like bethesda characters and sora

you need to lower your expectations so you don't get burned again

and also i would personally hate skyrim man getting into smash. maybe even worse than steve because at least minecraft is a good game

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
sorry i forgot doom

also how am i being hypocritical, im just saying that there's not really enough between the two companies to warrant them ever getting into smash bros. most of the crossover companies in smash have at least some history related to nintendo, bethesda is a total newcomer with three nintendo games under their belts

they don't have a chance of getting in
No you're continuing to insult the character even after you talked about how one shouldn't disparage characters and series because they hold importance to some people. I apologize for hassling you about this point but I hope you can understand what I'm getting at.

Exactly. You forgot DOOM. That's two of Bethesda's biggest titles promoted on the Switch.
I don't see why them being newcomers has anything to do with it. If Nintendo sees having a Bethesda character as DLC as beneficial, they're gonna do it. And I don't see how it wouldn't benefit the both of them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
like i said, you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment when you talk about stuff like bethesda characters and sora

you need to lower your expectations so you don't get burned again
I mean, nobody says they are a lock or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom