• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
And I'm pretty sure "up until Smash 4" = "after Brawl's release". Kinda common sense.
Is it common sense though?
It doesn't seem like the most obvious meaning to me.
"Up until Smash 4" sounds like it means "Up until Smash 4."

Shroob

Sup?
Italian, huh...
HOLY **** LITTLE MAC IS MARIO'S LONG LOST SON
BROOKLYN, THE BRONX, IT ALL MAKES SENSE LIKE A PUZZLE
:4luigi:, "Ey Mario? Who's this new brother?"

:4mario:, "Luigi, I don't know. Mama didn't even tell me we had a younger brotha. Ya think she was havin' an affair?"

:4luigi:, "I dunno Mario. He looks like you!"

:4mario:, "That's because you're a Whomp, Luigi."

Bionichute

Smash Champion
we know zero of the dlc characters and won't know until either the end of the month or the vgas, depending on how well they scrubbed the dlc characters from the release game

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Someone put it best in that the Graizen scenario tonight is a perfect analogue to the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Multiple times Graizen has come to this thread and made fake claims supposedly proving that Agumon will be in Smash or is a popular pick for the game. At one point, he tried to pass off what was obviously a fake "leak" sent to him by someone going for some cheap laughs at his expense. So, when comes with a real claim, can you blame us for doubting him?

It really doesn't help that immediately before he made the bold claim that Agumon is the most supported Namco character in this thread and on a 4chan thread (it might've been 4chan as a whole, I was gone for most of the debacle watching Fairy Tail so I don't know) based off of two forum games and a thread made by his friend, and became condescending when we understandably expressed doubt at that. Then he revealed the info about Senrou and again, we doubted him because he's pulled this **** multiple times and it gets seriously annoying. And then we're the bad guys for doubting him when, again, it's understandable why we'd do so.

Your point about Zinith is largely mute because it's really only people outside of the forum who go after him; he pretty much always contributes to the discussion (but also slips in as much Yoshi as he can). Graizen, on the other hand, gets criticism within the forum because he constantly attempts to derail discussion towards Agumon and gets mad at us when we call him on it.

Look, I've got nothing against the guy, and his discussion with Senrou is hilarious if you think about it (dude got an actual leaker to admit to a Namco rep with misinformation), but it gets tiresome after a while.
Ah a fellow Fairy Tail fan! It seems we share many similar likes friend.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, I guess Japan has their cool exclusive dubs too. :150: Seriously, that JP Mewtwo sounds mega badass.

Boss I want my case for Heihachi to become a reality it's the least I could have for being shunned as a Rex supporter and getting BTFO'd for Geno
Maybe don't be gullible for what green men say to you.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Boss I want my case for Heihachi to become a reality it's the least I could have for being shunned as a Rex supporter and getting BTFO'd for Geno
He could definitely happen but after what the Geno Gang endured I refuse to let you get your hopes up again. I can't let this heartbreak happen.
Hitagi says a Namco rep may be happening. Do not 100% trust Hitagi. That is all.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

:ultroy: ROY'S GOT A DUB BOYS :ultroy:
That's great news! Roy is looking to be quite amazing in Ultimate. Looks like with Sheik, Lucina, Corrin, Isabelle, and Roy I'll be drowning in Mains.

Help me I can't hold them all.
Well to be fair I used to be VERY bad about the Yoshi stuff the first couple months I was on this site. I've learned a few things ever since :yoshi:
You're not the only one, how you all could of stand me for pushing Amaterasu into every post, and conversation back then is beyond me. I'm just glad that's behind me.

D

Deleted member

He could definitely happen but after what the Geno Gang endured I refuse to let you get your hopes up again. I can't let this heartbreak happen.
Hitagi says a Namco rep may be happening. Do not 100% trust Hitagi. That is all.
Trust me, Geno was a bit pretty sad, but I still have some faith. The Rex reveal definitely made the noose tighter, though.

I just can't see Namco not getting a rep for this Smash iteration, and I really hate to now become cynical as of recent, but man. I just want at least something to see DLC worth purchasing.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Trust me, Geno was a bit pretty sad, but I still have some faith. The Rex reveal definitely made the noose tighter, though.

I just can't see Namco not getting a rep for this Smash iteration, and I really hate to now become cynical as of recent, but man. I just want at least something to see DLC worth purchasing.
Yeah I totally understand.
I'm a weirdo who thinks Steve being in will be one of her favorite reveals ever so I'm pretty happy with that.
I'm sure the Squenix rep will break my heart though with the like 15% chance Geno has.

And from there, we're pretty in the dark. For a Namco rep I personally want Heihachi, don't care about anyone else.

Check my sig. "Geno, Bandana Dee, Dragonborn, Steve (BK/MC are cool too)"; any of this and I'll be really really happy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Did I say "Now every character has a dubbed voice actor!", or did I say "Roy's got a dub boys"?
that wasn't a rhetorical question.
what you didn’t say was “when will Cloud speak a new language” alongside bringing back up the Roy Dubs (didn’t even bother to mention the Dog getting voice clips)

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

Just curious would you prefer Heihachi or Jin? It would most likely be Heihachi as the Tekken rep. However given that they are pushing Jin to be the new face of Tekken now that Heihachi story wise is dead. And his VA died, it may be possible even if slightly that we could get Jin.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I totally understand.
I'm a weirdo who thinks Steve being in will be one of her favorite reveals ever so I'm pretty happy with that.
I'm sure the Squenix rep will break my heart though with the like 15% chance Geno has.

And from there, we're pretty in the dark. For a Namco rep I personally want Heihachi, don't care about anyone else.

Check my sig. "Geno, Bandana Dee, Dragonborn, Steve (BK/MC are cool too)"; any of this and I'll be really really happy.
Not to mention, what about other updates besides the DLC? Like new modes, stages or what have you. The only confirmation we have so far of "post game content" is a ****ing Piranha Plant from Mario. VGAs seriously better come through.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
On anohter note. Place your bets, will the 2nd SE rep have more or less content than Final Fantasy?
I'm saying more.

Sakurai said that every fighter will come with a stage and multiple music tracks.
So at minimum, we'll get the same amount of content as we did with Cloud/Final Fantasy.
Hopefully we'll get more than that.

D

Deleted member

Just curious would you prefer Heihachi or Jin? It would most likely be Heihachi as the Tekken rep. However given that they are pushing Jin to be the new face of Tekken now that Heihachi story wise is dead. And his VA died, it may be possible even if slightly that we could get Jin.
Heihachi. It has to be him. I can't see it not being him otherwise. They can use old voice clips and it'd be a great respect to the VA for the character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
While Geno fans here are doom and gloom, members in the Geno thread, including long-time members, are pointing out reasons why Geno could be more-likely (based on points relating to sales and such if we're basing things on promotion, maybe among a few other things idk I don't remember everything).

Of course, I'm not making any bets myself; I can still see Sora or Slime/whatever DQ protagonist happening.

Anyway, a hot beat is returning from Melee: Saria's Song. yahooooooo

MainJPW

M.T.A
:4luigi:, "Ey Mario? Who's this new brother?"

:4mario:, "Luigi, I don't know. Mama didn't even tell me we had a younger brotha. Ya think she was havin' an affair?"

:4luigi:, "I dunno Mario. He looks like you!"

:4mario:, "That's because you're a Whomp, Luigi."
Yeah, they’re definitely already aware of their younger brother, Mario was refereeing for Little Mac’s boxing matches after all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what you didn’t say was “when will Cloud speak a new language” alongside bringing back up the Roy Dubs (didn’t even bother to mention the Dog getting voice clips)
as long as labor unions exist, probably never

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I saw this fun game on REddit, so I’ll bring it here. This image leaks at E3, before we learn that Everyone Is Here! (And then some). How would you (and the Smash fan base) react?

View attachment 177181
Cute joke roster. If you want to make a convincing one
-Fix the roster placement. I can't tell who you cut.
-You added Young Link? We already have Toon Link.
-Added back Pokemon Trainer but kept Zelda and Sheik separate. FAKE
-Incineroar? Why not a popular pokemon like Decidueye?
-Pretty sure only Isabelle, Wolf and Ice Climbers will get added.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Heihachi. It has to be him. I can't see it not being him otherwise. They can use old voice clips and it'd be a great respect to the VA for the character.
I wonder what stage they would choose for him and what music they would include. I can see them choosing the Mishima Dojo as for music no idea. I don't think Heihachi has a theme song right?

D

Deleted member

While Geno fans here are doom and gloom, members in the Geno thread, including long-time members, are pointing out reasons why Geno could be more-likely (based on points relating to sales and such if we're basing things on promotion, maybe among a few other things idk I don't remember everything).

Of course, I'm not making any bets myself; I can still see Sora or Slime/whatever DQ protagonist happening.

Y'all should come to this thread and tell us. More the merrier.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not to mention, what about other updates besides the DLC? Like new modes, stages or what have you. The only confirmation we have so far of "post game content" is a ****ing Piranha Plant from Mario. VGAs seriously better come through.
I wouldn't expect stages. 6 more stages perfectly fills up the stage. Seems very planned to me. Modes, well, we didn't get any for 4 wouldn't expect any now. I expect the Season Pass will be all of our content.

I love the Plant be kind to him.

If the VGA's dont come through-and Spawn still thinks they will, no?-I will die.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what stage they would choose for him and what music they would include. I can see them choosing the Mishima Dojo as for music no idea. I don't think Heihachi has a theme song right?
This is where music gets tricky. If anything, the menu music from Tekken 7 should be a guaranteed lock. It signifies an end of an era for the franchise, you might as well. Remember, Ryu and Ken have their focus attacks from SFIV and MGSV is represented, so rapping Tekken 7 wouldn't be ridiculous.

I wouldn't expect stages. 6 more stages perfectly fills up the stage. Seems very planned to me. Modes, well, we didn't get any for 4 wouldn't expect any now. I expect the Season Pass will be all of our content.

If the VGA's dont come through-and Spawn still thinks they will, no?-I will die.
Don't get me wrong, I like Durr Plant, but this is all we have at the moment, besides the confirmation of Nintendo having a bigger stake in DLC this time.

I don't want my faith for Rex and Geno be restored at this point and just wanna be blindsided like how I was where I had no faith in Final Fantasy, yet Cloud got in and I went insane.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ah a fellow Fairy Tail fan! It seems we share many similar likes friend.
It's stupid, mind-numbing fun. When I've got to worry about essays and deadlines and **** it's nice to be able to turn off my brain for a bit and watch Natsu and co. tear absolutely destroy anything in their way with that timeless nakama power.

Okay, but it's the Geno thread; it's biased by default. Of course they're gonna argue that Geno is likelier than ever. Seems like nothing more than tinfoil speculation to me, however, and there's no room for that at this point in time.

Just trust that the VGAs come through and we get Sora as predicted.

I've got nothing against DQ, but I really don't want LeakyPandy to build up a reputation. They'd surely let it get to their already inflated head.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What sets Dragonborn apart from the Doomslayer imo for a Bethesda rep is the stage. That's the key.

Would they actually put in literal Hell? The only actual option for a stage? For Bayo they put in the Clock Tower.

The Dragonborn has the fantasy, Zelda-like, Throat of the World which would work perfectly with Paarthunax or Alduin as a stage hazard.

LetterO

Smash Lord
What sets Dragonborn apart from the Doomslayer imo for a Bethesda rep is the stage. That's the key.

Would they actually put in literal Hell? The only actual option for a stage? For Bayo they put in the Clock Tower.

The Dragonborn has the fantasy, Zelda-like, Throat of the World which would work perfectly with Paarthunax or Alduin as a stage hazard.
There's alot of locations in Doom that are towers or facilities. Not everything is just hell.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
While we've been idly minding our business this monstrosity has been unveiled:
This is absolutely ****ing disgusting.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's stupid, mind-numbing fun. When I've got to worry about essays and deadlines and **** it's nice to be able to turn off my brain for a bit and watch Natsu and co. tear absolutely destroy anything in their way with that timeless nakama power.

Okay, but it's the Geno thread; it's biased by default. Of course they're gonna argue that Geno is likelier than ever. Seems like nothing more than tinfoil speculation to me, however, and there's no room for that at this point in time.

Just trust that the VGAs come through and we get Sora as predicted.

I've got nothing against DQ, but I really don't want LeakyPandy to build up a reputation. They'd surely let it get to their already inflated head.
TPC out here telling me to believe in Sora when that's his job and it's mine to try to believe in Geno @ TGA's

Leakypandy having the Squenix rep when literally no one else does makes 0 sense. I wouldn't worry about it. May be DQ reps regardless.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I used to read Fairy Tail.

And then the Grand Magic Games turned me off of it.
The Summoning Fake Out with Lucy and it's aftermath made me feel so uncomfortable that I didn't want to read the series anymore.
Anyway, I've gotta jet.
-------------------------
Before I go, I just want to point out that if you take the first two letters of each part of Piranha Plant's name, you get PiPl.

Do you like PiPl? Just some tired, working-off-a-cold humour.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
This is where music gets tricky. If anything, the menu music from Tekken 7 should be a guaranteed lock. It signifies an end of an era for the franchise, you might as well. Remember, Ryu and Ken have their focus attacks from SFIV and MGSV is represented, so rapping Tekken 7 wouldn't be ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I like Durr Plant, but this is all we have at the moment, besides the confirmation of Nintendo having a bigger stake in DLC this time.

I don't want my faith for Rex and Geno be restored at this point and just wanna be blindsided like how I was where I had no faith in Final Fantasy, yet Cloud got in and I went insane.

Its hard to say if they will choose Tekken 7 music, Im not sure if that music is too recent. However assuming they are choosing Tekken 7 music if Heihachi is the Bandai Namco rep. I could see them choosing this song. Having the rap music might be interesting, as that would be very different from all the music we have so far.

Abandoned Temple-Final Round

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

Stop, you're getting me too excited over something that probably won't happen.

oh man you could have the Greybeards in the background too

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Its hard to say if they will choose Tekken 7 music, Im not sure if that music is too recent. However assuming they are choosing Tekken 7 music if Heihachi is the Bandai Namco rep. I could see them choosing the song. Having the rap music might be interesting, as that would be very different from all the music we have so far.

Abandoned Temple-Final Round
Fire Emblem Heroes music got in buddy no need to worry about recency

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Stop, you're getting me too excited over something that probably won't happen.

oh man you could have the Greybeards in the background too
I dunno man. Bethesda's one of the "big dogs" still standing with 0 Smash rep. Just interests me.

Them stating a simple "oh yeah" to if they've talked to Nintendo about Smash REALLY interests me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Source for Saria's Song from Melee returning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpR2mJNa3HU

Y'all should come to this thread and tell us. More the merrier.
From what I remember, I think some were pointing out DQ's sales not doing so good in the West, so Nintendo might want to choose a different character for promotion, plus with the legal troubles plaguing DQ which would probably make it more-expensive than they may like. There's also the SNES Classic having 6 million sales or so, idk, so while not everyone would have played SMRPG a good chunk may have done so, and in the process would have learned who Geno is.

I myself am not very knowledgeable about it, however, as I have heard about this stuff through just the time I spend here. A few also bring up Sora being owned by Disney, but based on what I've heard in this thread I do disagree with that point.

I understand that, they just seemed to base things on some facts so I figured it was alright to bring up.

Of course, contrary to what this community likes to believe, you can't really predict the roster as well as you want to, usually; we're really only discussing an SE character as a for-sure thing because of Vergeben...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom