• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Doesn't a reveal at the Game Awards seem really early though?

Sakurai said they know what the characters are, but they haven't developed any of them yet.

It would only be a few weeks after fully finishing the final game before they have to put something together for the Game Awards.

Shroob

Sup?
95% of guesses that anyone with basic insider knowledge could pick out?

I predicted we would get simon Belmont and Richter as an echo. I guess that makes me a leaker

Hewas wrong about fighter z too. If he was credible he would have said PP will be a fighter or the SE character is DLC instesd he gave vague and unclear answers like oh decidueye wont ne the fighter. Lmao

He is a fraud but his fanboys will defend him forever I guess
If we can have a simple discussion without throwing around "Fanboy", then okay, let's do this.

*Cracks knuckles*

1: I predicted Simon too. I didn't predict everyone from 4 would be back, Snake, Ice Climbers, Ridley, Isabelle, Incineroar, Ken AND Isaac being an Assist Trophy while "The Grinch Leak" was what 90% of the fanbase believed it.

2: AGAIN, ffs S.T.O.P. using his other games in regards to **** like this. He is a figurehead being fed information by OTHER people. His SMASH sources soo far have been 100% accurate.

3: The Square rep he said would be DLC, in October, and we have someone else with a perfect record saying it'll be revealed next month AFTER Verg said it

There's ignorant, and then there's stubborn.

NineS

Smash Lord
95% of guesses that anyone with basic insider knowledge could pick out?

I predicted we would get simon Belmont and Richter as an echo. I guess that makes me a leaker

Hewas wrong about fighter z too. If he was credible he would have said PP will be a fighter or the SE character is DLC instesd he gave vague and unclear answers like oh decidueye wont ne the fighter. Lmao

He is a fraud but his fanboys will defend him forever I guess
You, right off the bat, admitted that anyone with basic insider knowledge could pick them out. There's flaws with what you said.

I don't think you actually predicted that. Forgive me for being skeptical, but I've seen many Verge disbelievers before Simon was revealed that claimed he'd never be in Smash, only for him to be revealed and later claim he was an obvious pick they saw coming. Which, let's be honest. Unless you're insane like me, you didn't see Simon coming. For the most part anyway.

He hasn't been wrong about fighters yet. Not knowing everything doesn't exactly equal fake. Hate to put it like this, but if you tried using that logic in court, things wouldn't go well for you.
He claims to have known about Piranha plant the day beforehand, it being that leaked video with a watermark that was floating around but wasn't released to public, but didn't say the character out of disbelief of who it actually was. Granted, for this we'll have to take his word for it, but I know you won't. And he has said the Squenix character will be DLC. He was unsure of it at first, but recently, I believe a short time before the direct, he became confident it'd be DLC.

And, I mean. He did say decidueye wasn't the pokemon rep, and he did also say Incineroar would be it. Don't forget the fact that literally right before the direct aired, he claimed that Isaac was an assist trophy. And he was right.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No offense meant to anyone in saying this, but I think history shows that those who support furniture theories only do because it "confirms" a character they want.

And everyone else is just left looking at them wondering how they didn't break their arm making that reach.
I wouldn't believe in it if the dice didn't look ALMOST EXACTLY like the ones in Kingdom Hearts.
They even have the Nobody symbol too, almost.

The other theories didn't have a plain as day hint as the dice do, IMO.

Shroob

Sup?

Sakurai said they know what the characters are, but they haven't developed any of them yet.

It would only be a few weeks after fully finishing the final game before they have to put something together for the Game Awards.
Let's be real.

It's PR speak.

Piranha Plant is a DLC character and they VERY OBVIOUSLY have a lot of work done on them. The game went gold in October, and yet Piranha Plant is THAT done? Nah, this ain't it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wouldn't believe in it if the dice didn't look ALMOST EXACTLY like the ones in Kingdom Hearts.

Now he's starting to think like one of those theorists, too.
The barrel's unlike any other series!
The colors align too much!

I think you need some rest, bruv.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Still decompressing after yesterday's madness. What a day. I got everything I wanted.

Yeah, doubtful. I don't think we'll see anything until Spring at the earliest.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
I guess someone posted this already, but Daisy is a spirit, so they dont deconfirm anything at all.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
So, Smash Bros Ultimate: World of Light.

What if in the future, we get another DLC story campaign that parallels it with even more spirits called "World of Darkness"? Or something along those lines, like "World Noir".
World of Light and World of Darkness is the most Kingdom Hearts sounding thing ever lmao

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sora better not speak Japanese. That wouldn't feel right at all.
Who voices him in English? I doubt he has the same issues with Steve Burton.

Though, I think his Japanese voice is pretty good, so I wouldn't mind it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Still decompressing after yesterday's madness. What a day. I got everything I wanted.

Yeah, doubtful. I don't think we'll see anything until Spring at the earliest.
:ultpiranha: Was obviously worked alongside the base roster.

That and, frankly we have no idea WHEN the Direct was filmed. Piranha Plant is very obviously like, very close to being done, yet the game only went gold last month. There's no way they squeezed that much work in less than a month.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who voices him in English? I doubt she has the same issues with Steve Burton.

Haley Joel Osmot.
It's actually pretty interesting because he hit puberty between KH1 and 2.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Who voices him in English? I doubt she has the same issues with Steve Burton.

Haley Joel Osment

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now he's starting to think like one of those theorists, too.
The barrel's unlike any other series!
The colors align too much!

I think you need some rest, bruv.
Hey man, I'm coming back from reeling over the most lackluster Smash Direct, then my hype came back and more than before the Direct after pre-orders were available, now I'm just left ****ed senseless after the Nia Mii costume because I'm pretty sure Sakurai has a JFK-level of accuracy of ****ing my reality up.

It's one of the side effects from being on this rollercoaster. :4pacman:
But hey, WE GOT ****ING HERCULES.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
sakurai saying

"ONLY BUY THIS if you feel confident about the value"

makes me instantly know hes expecting online vitriol with his choices so i wouldnt be surprised if he's got the deal with certain characters planned out already

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't normally go "All in" on leaks, but I'm going all in here.

I'm sorry Geno, but you're nowhere NEAR big enough to be revealed at the VGAs as Smash's first season pass character, and Spawn Wave currently has a flawless track record in regards to leaks.

Sora's in, now we pray that he doesn't suffer the same fate as Cloud in regards to music.

But even if he doesn't we won't get Simple and Clean sadly
For once, I can't believe I'm siding with insiders now. It would be awesome if they turned out correct about this. Sora would be so freaking amazing, I might just faint. I haven't even played a single Kingdom Hearts game, but just the idea of the protagonist of a Disney crossover franchise making it into the ultimate crossover game as a playable fighter would fill me with immense joy and hype. I'll still remain skeptical, but DLC season is going to be such a wild ride.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Which dice from Kingdom Hearts?
The only person that is associated remotely with dice is Luxord.
And the dice he turns you into for his attack don't look like that.

Also, you really can't tell that there's a nobody symbol on that with how unfocused it is.

Plus, the symbol for Kingdom Hearts would be, y'know, a heart? Or at least a key or a crown.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The other theories didn't have a plain as day hint as the chairs do, IMO.
Changing one word in this makes it sound like a quote from 3 months ago.

Tots please don't go down this road I'm begging you

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't normally go "All in" on leaks, but I'm going all in here.

I'm sorry Geno, but you're nowhere NEAR big enough to be revealed at the VGAs as Smash's first season pass character, and Spawn Wave currently has a flawless track record in regards to leaks.

Sora's in, now we pray that he doesn't suffer the same fate as Cloud in regards to music.

But even if he doesn't we won't get Simple and Clean sadly
I doubt if Sora is in that he'll suffer the same fat honestly since Yoko Shimomura already has some of her music in smash anyway. But hey never know I guess.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll only accept Sora if his final smash is dunking everyone with Mike Wazowski.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
sakurai saying

"ONLY BUY THIS if you feel confident about the value"

makes me instantly know hes expecting online vitriol with his choices so i wouldnt be surprised if he's got the deal with certain characters planned out already
Honestly I feel it's more the stated reason of putting out something to buy without saying who at least the first one will be.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
So, Smash Bros Ultimate: World of Light.

What if in the future, we get another DLC story campaign that parallels it with even more spirits called "World of Darkness"? Or something along those lines, like "World Noir".
I know it's unlikely, but that was actually my first thought. Would be more hype than most of the DLC characters will probably be for me honestly. They could even market it alongside Sora, since it's about "darkness". They also wouldn't need to create many new assets or anything if it's just another campaign, unless they went the extra mile and added new bosses or something.

I'm more sad about some of the stuff like stadium modes disappearing tho, I know they were kind of pointless but I wouldn't mind if they were brought back in a later update somehow, or even stage builder would be nice.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, the only KH game I played was Chain of Memories on the GBA.......... and mostly because it was a Disney game.

I didn't know ANYTHING about the lore or characters, but I remember beating.......whoever the **** the final boss was over and over again just to CRANK Simple and Clean.

.....aaaaaaaaaaaaand if we can't have Moon River, Fly me to the Moon, or Ai no Uta, no way we're getting that.

NineS

Smash Lord
I know it's unlikely, but that was actually my first thought. Would be more hype than most of the DLC characters will probably be for me honestly. They could even market it alongside Sora, since it's about "darkness". They also wouldn't need to create many new assets or anything if it's just another campaign, unless they went the extra mile and added new bosses or something.

I'm more sad about some of the stuff like stadium modes disappearing tho, I know they were kind of pointless but I wouldn't mind if they were brought back in a later update somehow, or even stage builder would be nice.
It'd be nice if this was made, only with the "plot"/opening cutscene revolving more around the DLC characters than the base cast.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd like to address something:

While I was originally the one who said that DLC was planned when the original roster was decided in December 2015, I've since come to doubt that statement a little more. The DanMan051 The DanMan051 's argument about context got me thinking that we (read: I) might've taken the statement too far in applying it, and I'd like this to be known before others go spreading it around the internet (I'm sure it already is, Sakurai help us all).

Obviously, DLC has been in planning stages for a while, seeing as both Minecraft and Square Enix content have been known about for months but have yet to appear in the game, which signifies that they'll likely be DLC. However, Senrou_Hitagi's comments about recent talks between Nintendo and Cygames (occurring about 1-2 months ago) make me think that DLC could've been planned much later than December 2015, or at the very least plans for DLC were flexible up until negotiations began.

Ultimately I believe that DLC wasn't planned out as a whole, but characters were planned individually as negotiations occurred. This would explain why information about certain DLC elements (Minecraft, Square Enix, Cygames) came out at different points, because nothing was known until negotiations either ended (in the case of Minecraft, Pre-E3, and Square Enix around September) or began (in the case of Cygames, around October, which makes it absolutely last second in terms of negotiation and planning if Senrou is to be believed and Katalina is going to happen).

What I'm saying is that negotiations, and therefore planning, for DLC could've occurred anywhere from December 2015 to October 2018, with different characters being planned at different times. I wouldn't necessarily give up hope for more recent characters (i.e. Rex and Pyra, Bethesda Rep, Crash Bandicoot, etc.), but I also wouldn't get them up either.

Nintendo characters in particular seem to be facing an uphill battle as well, given Verge's other statement that Sakurai prioritizes third party characters for DLC over first party characters.

I'll make sure to pour one out to the fans of whoever got cucked out of Smash by Katalina.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been out of the loop. What's going on about Sora?
There was dice in the background during the Direct when Sakurai talks with a symbol from Kingdom Hearts but if we learned from anything from the Chair Theory. It likely means nothing anyways.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Never played a KH game so what does Sora do? All I know is he's BFFs with Mickey, I think?

Like I said earlier, not a Disney kid.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
BUT WHICH SORA THO
I swear we better get his KH3 version
I see him receiving this outfit as his base look as well as his kh1 and kh2 oufits as his alt costumes than have the rest of his color swaps be drive forms.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Rhythm Heaven is a multi-million dollar franchise and continues to be ignored in DLC speculation in favor of an increasing amount of third parties when people have already spotted five spirits for the series, more than we’ve seen from most other existing Smash Universes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom