• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I hope you guys saw the classic mode. Ryu’s classic mode is all 1v1 stamina battles. They are tailor made to each character. Not simply different, but actually trying to evoke source material

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Verg says there's a 2nd Square rep.

Spawn Wave, a guy that either @Nekoo or @TotsBS can tell you has a pretty much flawless leak record has been heavily implying it to be Sora

Two and Two together means Sora.
A second square rep? Do you just mean another rep on top of Cloud? Or two Square DLC reps?

D

Deleted member

Alright, now that the one stream with Smash Ultimate gameplay is over, I can attest that honestly, I'd rather shift focus from Vergeben and Hitagi to Spawn Wave. Not to **** on those two, but they don't really have a almost-entirely clean record like how Spawn currently has.

Remember, he has a 9-0, and he really only started to do Rumor Waves seriously this year.

I don't wanna believe in any "room theories", but come on. The dice in the Final Smash Direct almost feels like a tease at Sora.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If our "Big three" are to be believed.

I put infinite trust in Spawn Wave and his near flawless track record so far, and I find Senjou to be the weakest link of the three.
I'd actually be the most disappointed if Senjou is wrong because Katalina excites me the most out of the big three.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Saki and Nia have Mii Costumes. I'm now really hoping the Wonderful ones have a costume. And hey, I saw Wonder Blue Spirit so they are at least in the game, yay!

Also, Snake and Daisy have Spirits. "Spirits are deconfirmations" is the quickest fan rule to die lmao

Me watching the stream
View attachment 175251
Honestly it's quite an odd rule to me to begin with considering that they are literally just pictures, and that we had seen some based on already playable characters already.

NineS

Smash Lord
What if there's a Boshi Spirit and the match involves battling a Blue Yoshi?
I mean, Geno is a Spirit

So you know what? Boshi is probably a spirit, and there's probably a blue yoshi boshi match to go with it.

Boshi actually might be in Smash, unlockable and fightable. Just not the way you'd originally thought he would.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
So just to be clear, Spawn Wave, who has had a flawless track record of Smash leaks, is heavily implying we are getting Sora at the VGAs?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Actually now Im wondering are we getting all the old Mii costumes back too? Would like to finally make a Geno mii gunner since I missed out on buying its DLC last time around

D

Deleted member

I hope you guys saw the classic mode. Ryu’s classic mode is all 1v1 stamina battles. They are tailor made to each character. Not simply different, but actually trying to evoke source material
I wonder what Inkling's will be...

I honestly can't make any guesses myself. How would you reference Turf War in Smash?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A second square rep? Do you just mean another rep on top of Cloud? Or two Square DLC reps?
Another one on top of Cloud.

I imagine if they're going for maximum hype they should structure Sora's reveal trailer like a KH3 trailer, except have him crash land (by himself) in the Mushroom Kingdom or something.

It'd be cool if they referenced that ****ing cruel prank from Nintendo Power about Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.

4u538syubz511.jpg

My poor young, gullible self completely believed it, and was so excited for it.

Jokes on them, I'll be able to make my OWN Mushroom Kingdom Hearts now! it only took around 10 years and this also assuming Sora gets in please bring my boy home I want him so bad

D

Deleted member

Mii Costumes are much better this time around since they're based off actual characters from the get go(instead of DLC) as all Mii Costumes in Smash 4's base were either generic non-descriptive ones or based off existing fighters(such as Samus helmet, Mario and Luigi Caps, etc)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Geez. You draw a new avatar and next thing you know you've missed a stream of classic mode...

Hey y'all,

I've been lurking for a while but yesterday's direct and all the discussion since has finally spurred me to make an account. Thought I may offer my two cents on the possible DLC characters since I'm probably more of a casual than a majority of the people on this board. I'm a huge Smash fan, used to have huge tournaments with my friends with Melee but was out since Brawl since I skipped the WiiU. That being said, I'm not super caught up with all the franchises (just starting to dive deeper since I got the switch), especially the niche ones. Figured it might be an interesting perspective to some.

-Banjo Kazooie and Crash are probably the two characters I'd most want in the game. My 90s background is showing. Lots of great memories with Crash Racing growing up. Rayman would be great too.
-Sora is a character I'd recognize and would be happy to see a KH representative, even though I haven't personally played it. Have a friend who loves it though.
-Geno: I'm amazed a one-off character from a game from so long ago is such a desired choice, but I hope he gets in for the people who want him
-Steve: I really hope this doesn't happen, as someone who doesn't like minecraft. I get it though, and if he got in and it didn't mean Banjo was out, I'd survive.
-I have no clue who Katalina is. Not super familiar with Xenoblade either, but it seems to be very popular so a second rep would make sense,

So, as a casual video game fan (as casual as you can be while also spending hours looking at Smash speculation) with around intermediate knowledge, I'd want Banjo, Crash and Sora for sure. Spyro jumps out at me too but I don't think that's the least bit realistic. I think all the Nintendo characters who aren't in it now as either fighters or AT are a bit too niche for me to really say.

I prefer unique characters to people with swords. Please for the love of god no more Fire Emblem characters.

Looking forward to talking with you guys!
A little late but...

Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Yeah disregard the whole 95% of what he said and use the 5% to show that he's a "fraud". Big brain of you, my boy, totally smart.
you should've gone for the minecraft comment *snap*
95% of guesses that anyone with basic insider knowledge could pick out?

I predicted we would get simon Belmont and Richter as an echo. I guess that makes me a leaker

Hewas wrong about fighter z too. If he was credible he would have said PP will be a fighter or the SE character is DLC instesd he gave vague and unclear answers like oh decidueye wont ne the fighter. Lmao

He is a fraud but his fanboys will defend him forever I guess

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
>sakurai puts in Katalina just so he can spam a million granblue characters in spirit mode

Its like a almost REAL gatcha now

NineS

Smash Lord
So, Smash Bros Ultimate: World of Light.

What if in the future, we get another DLC story campaign that parallels it with even more spirits called "World of Darkness"? Or something along those lines, like "World Noir".

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I don't normally go "All in" on leaks, but I'm going all in here.

I'm sorry Geno, but you're nowhere NEAR big enough to be revealed at the VGAs as Smash's first season pass character, and Spawn Wave currently has a flawless track record in regards to leaks.

Sora's in, now we pray that he doesn't suffer the same fate as Cloud in regards to music.

But even if he doesn't we won't get Simple and Clean sadly

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Basic insider still means he knows more than you do.

I predicted we would get simon Belmont and Richter as an echo. I guess that makes me a leaker
No that makes you a good guesser.

Hewas wrong about fighter z too. If he was credible he would have said PP will be a fighter or the SE character is DLC instesd he gave vague and unclear answers like oh decidueye wont ne the fighter. Lmao
I don't think you're aware of how leaking works.
And he was still right.

And you're just arrogantly ignorant.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
You guys, I won't survive Sora being in. It will literally kill me with excitement.

Shroob

Sup?

As MANY people can attest to, I thought Verg was full of ****.

Now I found someone who's even more full than I was.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly, I don't normally go "All in" on leaks, but I'm going all in here.

I'm sorry Geno, but you're nowhere NEAR big enough to be revealed at the VGAs as Smash's first season pass character, and Spawn Wave currently has a flawless track record in regards to leaks.

Sora's in, now we pray that he doesn't suffer the same fate as Cloud in regards to music.

But even if he doesn't we won't get Simple and Clean sadly
No it's okay, it's not like I like Geno or anything.
download (7).jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pretty sketchy that this guy supposedly only knows one of the five DLC. Puts my big :thinking-emoji: cap on.

You guys, I won't survive Sora being in. It will literally kill me with excitement.
Time will tell.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna bet on an Isaac Mii Costume being a thing at this point. If freaking Saki and MkRay can get them after being cut from the AT roster, the not!anime swordsman can too.

D

Deleted member

Usual quick reminder post for a list of things Spawn Wave broke info on:

• Nintendo's 2018 Fall Line-up (Timing of games, what there is for games like Diablo and Civ VI, etc)
  • Original September Direct Date
  • Catherine: Full Body
  • Dual Nintendo Directs in November 2018
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (knew months before Liam Robertson broke the news)
  • Smash Switch bundle @ French Website (Which we all thought was fake lol)
  • Google's Project Stream
  • Xbox One Phone Contract-esque "All Access" Endeavor
  • Trine 4

That makes a clean 9-0. Hitagi really only came out of nowhere during this Smash speculation cycle, and the Smash Bros source for Vergeben has so far been right. Everything else is a big hit or miss. i guess they never miss H U H

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Verg gets crap wrong a lot but to deny he has legitimate insider info at this point is silly imo. This is from a guy who has him blocked on gamefaqs because I can't stand him

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I wonder what Inkling's will be...

I honestly can't make any guesses myself. How would you reference Turf War in Smash?
Maybe they’ll use some of the “Spirits rules” to make it work. I don’t know, though.

They showed Isabelle’s and I didn’t notice a pattern of the first two matches. It was only because of Ryu’s matches that I was able to notice anything.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
BUT WHICH SORA THO
I swear we better get his KH3 version
I'm setting myself up for disappointment for hoping for KH1. I fully expect either KH3 or 2 (Everyone LOVES the 2 outfit don't they XD) but with his drive forms as the alts. No doubt limit form will be an alt to have KH1 in there somehow.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe they’ll use some of the “Spirits rules” to make it work. I don’t know, though.

They showed Isabelle’s and I didn’t notice a pattern of the first two matches. It was only because of Ryu’s matches that I was able to notice anything.
Wasn't Isabelle fighting with other girls?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really were still talking about Chair Theory when its already been debunked with Skull Kid being an assist again...

Where's the talk about Dice Theory?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Usual quick reminder post for a list of things Spawn Wave broke info on:

• Nintendo's 2018 Fall Line-up (Timing of games, what there is for games like Diablo and Civ VI, etc)
  • Original September Direct Date
  • Catherine: Full Body
  • Dual Nintendo Directs in November 2018
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (knew months before Liam Robertson broke the news)
  • Smash Switch bundle @ French Website (Which we all thought was fake lol)
  • Google's Project Stream
  • Xbox One Phone Contract-esque "All Access" Endeavor
  • Trine 4

That makes a clean 9-0. Hitagi really only came out of nowhere during this Smash speculation cycle, and the Smash Bros source for Vergeben has so far been right. Everything else is a big hit or miss. i guess they never miss H U H
That won't stop me from having reasonable doubt.
I don't believe anything unless it has footage like ESRB or it actually happens on the day it's "supposed" to be shown.

Speaking of real leaks, I think the Ken leak is going to spawn from the "Congratulations" screen on Classic mode. Screenshot this and I'll either be a genius of deduction or just really lucky

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom