• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Agreed something tells me Sora will be DLC to commemorate Kingdom Hearts III. It wouldn't surprise me if he's announced as the first DLC character for that matter to be released in January.
I sincerely hope that if Sora commemorates Kingdom Hearts III he is based off of his Kingdom Hears III appearance. Flowmotion, Keyblade Transformations, Switching Keyblades, Finisher Commands, and all of the other crazy stuff he can do would be an absolute blast to play as.

If not, his Kingdom Hearts 2 appearance works perfectly fine. Having Drive Forms be a mechanic would be cool to see implemented.
>Goku debate again.

Going around circles are we?

See folks this is why we desperately need a Nintendo vs. Shonen Jump game.
SHHHHHH

LET IT HAPPEN

I'll take anything over more Grinch Leak discussion.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Who wouldn't though honestly?

Most iconic gaming company vs. Most iconic manga/anime company. It'd be a first day buy for me.
Considering I only care for a handful of Jump characters and I already have Smash, I'd much prefer Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat.

Like, I know it pretty much can't ever happen, but I would've said the same thing about MKvDC and SFxTK before they were announced.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I sincerely hope that if Sora commemorates Kingdom Hearts III he is based off of his Kingdom Hears III appearance. Flowmotion, Keyblade Transformations, Switching Keyblades, Finisher Commands, and all of the other crazy stuff he can do would be an absolute blast to play as.

If not, his Kingdom Hearts 2 appearance works perfectly fine. Having Drive Forms be a mechanic would be cool to see implemented.

SHHHHHH

LET IT HAPPEN

I'll take anything over more Grinch Leak discussion.
Haha I think I am the only one who is hoping for KH1 design. To me, that has always been the one that matches who he is best. It's so Disney. Maybe they meet halfway and give us Limit form. Haha

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

Can never unsee this

The only thing equally as hype worthy as Banjo Kazooie getting in Smash would be a proper Goldeneye remake a la N Sane Trilogy with online play.
If they get Banjo, I could see them getting Joana Dark as well to fill in for Bond without having as much copyright issues (movie rights, actor likeness) or the shock of having a 4th party multimedia character in there, this people mistakenly wanting more like Goku.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean, it was about as proper as it could be, minus putting Pierce Brosnan back in the game.

The problem is that Goldeneye isn't really that fun to play when you go back to it. Shooters have come a long way since then. They tried to bring it back with modern graphics, new sound, Wiimote aiming and online multiplayer. No one liked it.

Some things withstand the test of time when you go back to them twenty years later, like Super Mario Bros. 3. Goldeneye is not really one of those games.
I went back to the campaign earlier this year. It took a bit of patience but I still found it fun minus the ****ing turrets. Mutliplayer suffers less because you're not dealing with the limitations of the AI. That said it is very video-gamey. If the AI could be improved and add some more quality of life stuff, I think the level design generally holds up (except for when you have to deal with turrets around corners. **** those turrets). Objective markers would be a good addition to make some levels more accessible and it's something that can be turned off or excluded on higher difficulties for purists. I imagine upgrading the stealth segments might actually make the game harder. The second bunker level I did by slapping enemies to death since they only respond to your gunfire and not other enemies.

There's been a few fan attempts at remaking it. Haven't payed much attention to them but they're probably better than the CoD reskin that lacked any real identity. While on paper, I guess the ideal Goldeneye remake sounds mostly graphical, there's more to it. It'd be a challenge but if they can keep the varied level design and objectives but match it with improved controls and AI I think it would be good. As it stands now, anyone use to shooters as they are now would need to take their time with Goldeneye. It can be done but not everyone these days has the time or patience.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
73 new pages since I last checked here! I hope I didn’t miss anything.

Are we on here believing that it is actually Skull Kid infront of Mach Rider on the mural? I can see the mask but I can’t see the body. I don’t think it’s him.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
All you did was put CK in front of Pokemon Trainer.
It's demonstrate how easy it's to 'fake' something, in the sense that in 5 minutes I already had a kinda convincing leak. Sometimes I forget how powerful Photoshop and similar tools are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She's from Madeka Box. Look it up if you want, I just said her, because she's pretty different from the characters you normally see in Jump crossovers.

Because you'd had to negotiate with so many different people, not to mention both companies have pretty different views on entertainment.
Oh yeah! She's that purple haired high school chick with the huge rack that throws flowers at people and can go Super Sayian Rose. That chick!

Oof, that's a big hurdle in that game's future then.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
On the subject of Geno and SMRPG, why is it that literally every single stage suggestion for that game I've seen is Forest Maze? Is it simply because you recruited Geno there? That place isn't memorable at all! There are much better stage choices, such as Bowser's Castle with Exor on the background serving as a hazard, Monster Town with Culex as a stage boss, or Barrel Volcano occasionally switching to the Axem Rangers' ship. Even Star Hill is a better choice because it actually has legitimate connection to Geno.

But no, every single fake leak and wishlist wants only Forest Maze, as if nothing else is available.
Forest Maze became very popular from that one Newgrounds video, so that's why.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
It's demonstrate how easy it's to 'fake' something, in the sense that in 5 minutes I already had a kind convincing leak. Sometimes I forget how powerful Photoshop and similar tools are.
Well i mean, if its fake he did 5 characters, edited the whole background and placed other characters in convicing places without making noticeable mistakes, that's a lot of work.

If he's a fan of the series, then he really hates the fanbase, because this is just pure fanservice, he even got Mach Rider, which is an odd obscure character to leak if the intent was to create hype.

If he's not a fan then its real, that would explain first the "**** Nintendo lol" and why obscure characters are there

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
It's demonstrate how easy it's to 'fake' something, in the sense that in 5 minutes I already had a kinda convincing leak. Sometimes I forget how powerful Photoshop and similar tools are.
You have a good point, it could all just be a photoshop hoax.. Only way to find out is to see the next Direct.

Edit: next, not nxt.. Forgive for I always have wrestling on the brain. lol

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Because stage reps aren't a thing? Where are the stages of Ike or Bowser Jr.?
It isn't even about that. Bowser's Castle is arguably one of THE most iconic levels in gaming. The lack of a Bowser's Castle stage aside from that one section in the Paper Mario stage is really jarring.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since I see Sora's name being popping up, so I wanna give 100% Full-on clarity of the recent events from the last SpawnCast, and why I made that the big last point. Link is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmessXwNNI0) and here's the full quote.

Spawn: "Klaptrap says, 'Hopeful that we get a Banjo stage and a Minecraft stage with Steve to be announced as a DLC character alongside with Sora @ The Game Awards.'

Sora would be... Would Sor -- y-yeah, haha. Sora would be the big one, obviously.

I-I mean a Minecraft stage isn't out of the question."

I think also with the few times Spawn has said something about "being notified about a forum", at this point, I think he might know about us talking about him. I'm not trying to get any hopes up, but I'm just saying...

Spawn Michaels looking to make the streak 10-0 come December 6th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It isn't even about that. Bowser's Castle is arguably one of THE most iconic levels in gaming. The lack of a Bowser's Castle stage aside from that one section in the Paper Mario stage is really jarring.
Absolutely.
Hell, even Project M got that right.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Well i mean, if its fake he did 5 characters, edited the whole background and placed other characters in convicing places without making noticeable mistakes, that's a lot of work.

If he's a fan of the series, then he really hates the fanbase, because this is just pure fanservice, he even got Mach Rider, which is an odd obscure character to leak if the intent was to create hype.

If he's not a fan then its real, that would explain first the "**** Nintendo lol" and why obscure characters are there
If you are a graphics designer that shouldn't be too hard, Artsy already said it. The main point of the leak it's the blurriness, even if my CK mockup is not perfect, the movement, blur, and image quality can perfectly hide those imperfections.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
If you are a graphics designer that shouldn't be too hard, Artsy already said it. The main point of the leak it's the blurriness, even if my CK mockup is not perfect, the movement, blur, and image quality can perfectly hide those imperfections.
yeah, imperfections specially.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
They didn't. I saw them the imperfection with CK's in one second.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

GET THE POPCORN
Interesting. That video of their production process is intriguing.

Not necessarily as evidence of it being real. A legitimate employee/former employee could use that knowledge to further "legitimize" a leak. But it narrows the focus of being fake because the diagrams shown in the Snapchat image match that company's specifically. It's not just some second hand knowledge being applied by someone in the general industry. It's either someone who has been in that company, or at least some part of this is legitimate.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Alright, so how many of y'all are in the boat where you're pretty sure your character isn't base game and are holding out for them as DLC and that's why it doesn't really matter who's in right off the bat?

That's how I am. I'm honestly gonna wait for Quote and Tails to POSSIBLY show up then as DLC. And if they don't ever, I won't complain lol.
I got my character 5 years ago, and my ballot pick in Simon 2 months ago, so anybody else is a bonus.

But if I had to choose, let's go Dante.

D

Deleted member

So, if you had to choose a Jump character to be in Smash that is NOT Goku, who would it be?

It'd be Yuske or Gon to me.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Interesting. That video of their production process is intriguing.

Not necessarily as evidence of it being real. A legitimate employee/former employee could use that knowledge to further "legitimize" a leak. But it narrows the focus of being fake because the diagrams shown in the Snapchat image match that company's specifically. It's not just some second hand knowledge being applied by someone in the general industry. It's either someone who has been in that company, or at least some part of this is legitimate.
And if it is real... I will finally have King K Rool and Isaac in Super Smash Bros!

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m not a “likes to see the world burn” type of guy and I generally like the Smash community aside from a few facets but I will seriously howl with laughter if the banner doesn’t prove true after the release....

Only for it to be the DLC roster banner.

Doubt that’s gonna happen tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom