• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Can we please take a moment to feel bad for Sakurai? I mean, what I'm trying to say is, if it's true then I feel very bad for Sakurai. I'm sure he and the team has prepared character surprises, but now that the image is out, the surprise is no longer very high/present.
I’m with you on that

If this is real I was really routing for him to keep the roster hidden and fully surprise us :(

That’s why a part of me wants it fake even though it’s could be real

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly, if this is fake I still don’t know why go all this lengths to make a leak but NOT include Incineroar who’s heavily rumored? I mean you included Ken, why not Incineroar?
Someone who wanted to stir even more discussion.

Whenever I'm feeling down about the fact that Virginben could be the victor, I remember the Golden Sun item. That pretty much confirms Isaac, which makes the Grinch's early present chances of being real much more likely.
Ain't even confirmed it's a Golden Sun item, hold your horses

Luig

Confused
Ok, I've been staying up to date with the leak all along, but something I don't quite understand are the 'insiders'. Like, who are they are why are they important and why do we care about their words? Moreso than others, anyway. I'm just somewhat conrfused, probably as I haven't been involved in the speculation cycle until now.

Sergeant_Snivy

Smash Rookie
Can we please take a moment to feel bad for Sakurai? I mean, what I'm trying to say is, if it's true then I feel very bad for Sakurai. I'm sure he and the team has prepared character surprises, but now that the image is out, the surprise is no longer very high/present.
At the same time, the leak is drumming up a lot of discussion for the game and the supposedly leaked roster, so I'd say that it's not all bad.

Spinzilla

Smash Rookie
it’s probably not ideal but I imagine he’s kind of use to it at this point. After the ESRB leak and early Ryu footage this is probably just another day in the office for him.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Aaaaand you're officially on my ****list.

"Rude" is an understatement. This guy is CH2001-tier crazy.
YOU ANSWER ME WHEN I AM TALKING TO YOU!! TREAT ME WITH RESPECT!!
I take it back. This guy is worse than CH2001.
You know, this isn't how heels in wrestling become loved, it's just how people become disliked
You're preaching to the choir.
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku NOW LOOK AT MY PREDICYIONS!! LIKE IT!! YOU DONT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO DISRESPECT ME I COMMAND RESPECT AND YOU HAVE TO TREAT ME WITH RESPECT!! https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...ing-spoilers-leaks-ahead.434391/post-22606681
I'm just gonna report you now. You clearly deserve less than zero respect and need to leave.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
i think he’s going for chris jericho circa 2008 here
Ah, yes, Chris Jericho, who participated in the local wrestling tournament
(i don't know wrestling help me chro)

Ok, I've been staying up to date with the leak all along, but something I don't quite understand are the 'insiders'. Like, who are they are why are they important and why do we care about their words? Moreso than others, anyway. I'm just somewhat conrfused, probably as I haven't been involved in the speculation cycle until now.
Numerous amounts of these insiders have been correct, especially pertaining to Smash

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
"struggling"

I think it's more team fake has clear evidence (the disrepancies which cannot be explained away with artifacts) while team real is saying "Well, I Mean, It Can't Be Confirmed Or Deconfirmed"

Before you come at me; look at my icon and tell me if I want this to be real or not.

I mean, most anti-grinch people keep arguing background, which admittedly could easily change because it can and we have no idea why, but have zero explanations for why the leak has the following:

-Taken on Snapchat and leaked on accident
-Attempted to scrub a name that was found (but would have to have been on purpose if it was fake? What?)
-An actual person associated with that snapchat, with an actual Linkedin account that is years old, and actual ties to multiple companies that do print/display work exactly like the leak, along with using Autocad to set up these displays
-Said leak contains promotional artwork for something not even associated with Smash, like....why?
-Is so complicated to even fathom being fake by many, many people because the way it arrived on the internet and all of this info totally goes against Occam's Razor.

Not to mention all of the artwork needed to go into the leak, ASIDE from the background.

You see what I'm getting at? Most shots by people who don't like the leak are literally just saying the same thing about the background, when there are like 15 other things about this leak that can't just be chalked up as "fake and I disagree because my sources said so"

#TeamReal 'til the bitter end. There's just too much going for it at this point and I think everyone is starting to realize that.

>Recent trademark renewals for all characters in leak
>Rifle from Sakurai's gun being used somehow
>The leak itself, of course
>New items appears to be "Growth" from Golden Sun, hinting Isaac along with Rathalos Twitter pic
>Phil Spencer on board with Banjo in Smash + Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration
>Similarities to ESRB leak and endless, nitpick comparisons
>Verge says another SE rep is in, possibly referring to Geno
>Sakurai picking mostly from ballot
>Mach Rider, Geno, and Chorus Men were all planned characters at some point
>Various details in leak, including vines + Flint with Isaac, the Chorus Men are with the Conductor
>Brand-new character art. Matches no existing art online

I'm finding it really difficult to not believe the leak currently. Any more reasons I'm missing?

Literally all of the things that caused the leak to come into existance tbh (linkedin, the company, Grinch lol, etc), which is its biggest factor to being real. But great list though!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
In the end I really wish people could just be on a side but skeptical of their own "team" rather than taking a side and fighting anyone who doesn't agree with them. We don't know anything, and we're not going to know anything until the next reveal. It's very bad and toxic behavior that leads to flame wars. Whether you're on Team Fake, Team Real, or Team Undecided, just be nice to everyone, because we're all entitled to our opinions, and stay skeptic.
Yea sadly this is the exact same thing that happened during the esrb leak

Incineroar could be the mewtwo of the situation and become dlc later on despite gen 8 coming soon
(They doubt it because mewtwo wasn’t on it)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ah, yes, Chris Jericho, who participated in the local wrestling tournament
(i don't know wrestling help me chro)

Numerous amounts of these insiders have been correct, especially pertaining to Smash
Chris Jericho is a jerk, it's in his name
idk I'm not a fan of wrestling but I know this one Takahashi wrestler from Japan who is the biggest ****ing nerd I have seen

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Honestly, if this is fake I still don’t know why go all this lengths to make a leak but NOT include Incineroar who’s heavily rumored? I mean you included Ken, why not Incineroar?
It's reverse psychology.
Not including Incineroar makes people doubt if it's actually a leak, since any leaker looking for credibility would include him, ironically making the leak less credible since it goes with the safe choice.
By including Ken but not Incineroar this leaker has our brains exploding doubting if it's even real at all.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
"All 7 banner characters have been heard/seen but can't be confirmed."
Where's this from?
And where's your example from?
The 7 banner characters being heard was from papagenos or whatever his name is, he said that one of his sources said that. At least the first video I saw from him (wouldn't be surprised if someone tells me that changed, suddenly).

The example may be Mystic (like I said I couldn't remember his name), but apparently he said that he thought it was real but then said it could be fake. Not the other way. So maybe I was confusing him with another guy around day one that said it was fake. If that's the case, I apologize for confusion. But honestly, I feel like that just adds to the main point I was trying to make which is this entire thing is confusing and contradicting, lol.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
For anyone thinking the Grinch leak is false because Incineroar isn't there:

Mewtwo wasn't in the ESRB leak, and there were people rejecting it because of that. Mewtwo got in as DLC. Incineroar will too.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean, most anti-grinch people keep arguing background, which admittedly could easily change because it can and we have no idea why, but have zero explanations for why the leak has the following:

-Attempted to scrub a name that was found (but would have to have been on purpose if it was fake? What?)
-An actual person associated with that snapchat, with an actual Linkedin account that is years old, and actual ties to multiple companies that do print/display work exactly like the leak, along with using Autocad to set up these displays
-Said leak contains promotional artwork for something not even associated with Smash, like....why?
-Is so complicated to even fathom being fake by many, many people because the way it arrived on the internet and all of this info totally goes against Occam's Razor.

Not to mention all of the artwork needed to go into the leak, ASIDE from the background.

You see what I'm getting at? Most shots by people who don't like the leak are literally just saying the same thing about the background, when there are like 15 other things about this leak that can't just be chalked up as "fake and I disagree because my sources said so"
No they've offered explanations.

Because you're believing that makes it more valid, aren't you? We don't even know if it was on accident. If fake, this was obviously staged. This just makes it more plausible.

Not sure I understand the question.

Simple frame job. Was unaware of him actually being associated with that snapchat to be fair, but my point stands. You can find anyone on Linkedin.

Because IT MAKES IT MORE PLAUSIBLE, as I can tell looking at your post. It's going to stir even more discussion and have the leak living longer.

This is entirely subjective.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

Mewtwo wasn't in the ESRB leak, and there were people rejecting it because of that. Mewtwo got in as DLC. Incineroar will too.
It is false! And I refuse to believe in this fake news!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I recommend ignoring him and any other attention seekers.

They tend to enjoy any type of reaction.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Hi SmashBoards. Been away for four years and monitoring this wild ride for the last several days. What a time to be alive.

I take it the arguments for and against are still the same since the sprout item?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

This on all front

Heck they bring a Pokémon from each missing generation for dlc including 8

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So team fake, or team real, or team hmm aside, do you think if this leak turns out to be fake it will effect the smash community's perception of the game for the first couple months?

Like let's say Ken, Incineroar and one more character (your choice) is final. Do you think a majority of the fan base will be upset and dissapointed at launch? I'm really hoping not but at least based on this community it seems the majority think it's real so I'd be sad if a fake leak ruined Sakurai's hype game :(

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It does if it's a tie-in to the Pokémon anime and TPC doesn't want anyone (other than the Pokémon games themselves) doing anything with Incineroar until Ash gets one. (Which could be in Spring 2019, while we might not get Gen 8 until November 2019)

Especially if his Incineroar ends up special in some way and informing the Smash one's Final Smash.
Yeah if Incineroar is DLC, its probably to tie it in and promote it with Ash's eventual Incineroar and tie in its personality and whatever unique ability (or form if they decide to pull another Ash-Greninja) it gets with that one. Otherwise, I don't really see much reason for him to be DLC over any other currently more popular or promoted gen 7 mon or leaving it out for the most probable eventual gen 8 mon...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Aside from Incineroar being DLC, is there any reason whatsoever that a company would have promotional material for a not-final, but still super close to final version of the banner, especially so late in the game?
To show what would then be currently announced I imagine. If the two direct rumor is true for November I could see a smash direct reveal a bunch before an event with this mural than a second general direct revealing another couple just before release.
Though that's just a wild guess from me.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I swear if it turns out to be true, its the best roster for a fighting game in history
Let's see, assuming the leak is indicative of the base roster.
62 Fully Unique Characters (counting Pokémon Trainer and the Miis both as 3 characters each)

11 Characters based on others but not Echoes (e.g. Luigi, Dr. Mario, the other Links, Ganondorf, etc)

8 Echo Fighters (assuming Ken is an echo and not a semi-clone like Isabelle)

81 Characters, 73 with their own numbers.

These numbers are insane.

D

Deleted member

Let's see, assuming the leak is indicative of the base roster.
62 Fully Unique Characters (counting Pokémon Trainer and the Miis both as 3 characters each)

11 Characters based on others but not Echoes (e.g. Luigi, Dr. Mario, the other Links, Ganondorf, etc)

8 Echo Fighters (assuming Ken is an echo and not a semi-clone like Isabelle)

81 Characters, 73 with their own numbers.

These numbers are insane.
Still less than Tobal 2 though.

D

Deleted member

*Watching GDQ for a moment, and then comes back to refresh*

Hey, what are we talking about now-

Oh.

I see.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Hi SmashBoards. Been away for four years and monitoring this wild ride for the last several days. What a time to be alive.

I take it the arguments for and against are still the same since the sprout item?
Well i had an ethereal zen meditation dream where Sakurai told me it was real, but i can't really use that as evidence.
So basically yes.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
The 7 banner characters being heard was from papagenos or whatever his name is, he said that one of his sources said that. At least the first video I saw from him (wouldn't be surprised if someone tells me that changed, suddenly)..
Yeah, papagenos papagenos said that he has a source he absolutely trusts that has someone in Microsoft who knows Banjo is in, and this same MS person had also heard about these other seven characters + Incineroar. The Microsoft individual was not sure if the other 7 were to be believed, but after the banner leak they now believe it is indeed the case. They are confused about Incineroar though.

This was yesterday I believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom