• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Controversial in this day and age, but D/P is the one installment in the main series which were straight up mediocre RPGs imo, and just straight up bad Pokémon games. Gen 4 had the best remakes they've done, and a ton of great spinoff games aswell (Explorers of Sky is a contender for best Pokémon game imo), but the main games were incredibly poor and littered with so many issues that no one wants to talk about anymore as the games are sitting safely inside the nostalgia zone atm.
I think Platinum did a decent job at patching up some of the issues (the horrid regional dex being the biggest.) Sadly there's still a myriad of issues, like the insane amounts of HM gating and half the region being Mt. Coronet. etc etc.

Proper remakes would do wonders if they manage to streamline some of these but seeing ORAS and even HGSS, I doubt they will.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
D/P is the one installment in the main series which were straight up mediocre RPGs
Not the only one but I agree the games are mediocre with a slow start.

Explorers of Sky is a contender for straight up best Pokémon game imo
The spinoff title?

but the main games were incredibly poor and littered with so many issues that no one wants to talk about anymore as the games are sitting safely inside the nostalgia zone atm
I dont think the games are old enough for people to have nostalgia for them

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The company that the leaker worked for in question and those who apparently know/have information from the suspected leaker.
He does work for a company that does that sort-of marketing stuff, though no one has found proof it works for Nintendo, Namco, nor Universal.

Though, upon asking the guy if he leaked it, would you expect him to tell the truth when he's trying to avoid lawsuits and such? It may not even be him, but a co-worker. This thing won't be debunked until the next direct if the mural poses don't match up (I'm 99% sure Ken is in).

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Cheers, I'm on board the leak train without any need of proof or further information. Isaac and Geno new mains
Well, luckily you're insufficiently right ;) At least from my perspective, that's where most the evidence lies despite being on some shaky ground.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Imagine if they finally gave us Sinnoh remakes...

But they were in the style of Let's Go.
Imagine if they gave us Sinnoh remakes, but TPC thought the games were too fast.

So it now takes a full minute for HP and EXP bars to fill regardless of the amount gained or lost, along with battle start screen also taking a full minute to complete.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
To those of you who throw around the “anything can be photoshopped”, have you ever actually used photoshop? Yeah, it can be done, but it’d be a tedious *** process to move everything around, insert 7 new renders, and clean up the missing chunks of characters that were previously obscured behind other characters (even if it was done shoddily with patches of color that wouldn’t show from the blurry photo).

After all that they go and print it on something tiny with a blurry Snapchat filter or whatever just for their 15 minutes of fake leaker fame?Screw that. After all that work, you’re gonna see what my damn picture looks like, and I did this cuz I love the speculation and hype, there is no F Nintendo after all this work.

I don’t care what the “insiders” and “experts” say, this was quite the undertaking to just be a prank. Even if it’s too good to be true.
I was able to remove and move various characters in GIMP yesterday in under an hour. Since the background is clouds you really can sorta go ham crazy with the blur tool because no one is gonna look for tiny minute differences in what's essentially just pure chaos.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, D/P had the best animé adaptation to compete with the OG IMO.

The movies were also pretty good.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just realized that the Sora discussion happened and remembered I got an email from a mysterious source about Sora, after all, my credentials include K.Rool's counter and the Blue Shell and Chain Chomp in 4. Sora's in and his final smash is 358/2's "Who will I have ice cream with?" line and all the characters laugh to death at the line

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
To those of you who throw around the “anything can be photoshopped”, have you ever actually used photoshop? Yeah, it can be done, but it’d be a tedious *** process to move everything around, insert 7 new renders, and clean up the missing chunks of characters that were previously obscured behind other characters (even if it was done shoddily with patches of color that wouldn’t show from the blurry photo).

After all that they go and print it on something tiny with a blurry Snapchat filter or whatever just for their 15 minutes of fake leaker fame?Screw that. After all that work, you’re gonna see what my damn picture looks like, and I did this cuz I love the speculation and hype, there is no F Nintendo after all this work.

I don’t care what the “insiders” and “experts” say, this was quite the undertaking to just be a prank. Even if it’s too good to be true.
It would be tedious but it most certainly can be done, the rayman leak, the palutena leak, people can do some amazing things on photoshop with some skill. Also it's not like we got a clear screenshot, it could look a mess close up for all we know

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Not proven real, and also not debunked. What team are you on? #TeamReal, #TeamFake, #Team50/50, #TeamHmm or #TeamMoist?
Y'know this team stuff reminds me of the Twlight craze with it's shipping, I didn't ever read the books or watch the movies but the TEAM stuff was so wide spread.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The spinoff title?
Yes, there's such an incredible amount of thought and passion put into it, and it has a genuinely great story with very memorable characters. The gameplay might not be for your typical Pokémon fan, but I do still highly recommend it.

I dont tgink the games are old enough for wnyien to have nostalgia for them
The games are 12 years old, kids who played them when they were 6 years old are adults now. It's the perfect timeframe for nostalgia, we saw the same a few years ago with R/S/E.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Not to be that guy but Liam already went through this ordeal with that whole Shovel Knight DLC in 4 ****show. He knows how Smash fans can get and I thought he distanced himself from Smash rumors because of that.

Which is why I'm surprised to see that he reported on this at all. And, sadly predictably enough, he's getting idiots in his DMs and mentions.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Diamond and Pearl are 12 years old. Kids who played them are late teens and adults now. You can have Nostalgia for them.
I recalled that I played pokemon pearl, didn't beat the game. And then I learned about Gabite's location which lead me to catching him in pokemon platinum. Pokemon Platinum was first pokemon game that I ever beat.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know what? Why not have Ryu Hayabusa and this fellow?

Strider Hiryu and Ryu Hayabusa for an epic ninja theme! Too bad Strider technically started off as a manga character (although his game came out literally the next year).

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

Sorry to break it to you but all of that is just pure conjecture and not actual proof. And there's really no way to 100% "prove" anyone is in at this point anyway so I'd highly suggest not counting on Medusa as being in and just hoping she is.
I so hope Medusa is in.

Don’t waste your time with him. He constantly jerks off over Medusa and claims that she’s already been confirmed.
Ohhhhh Medusa...

It's because of Vergeben.
Same said about Ken, but of the two who is more likely? Definitely Incineroar because hes the Pokemon, Ken is nothing.

Pretty much.

So is there any precedent of Nintendo sending out leak bait?
I believe Nintendo made Ken the leak bait.

I mean, both Verge AND this have Ken and there's that image which nobody could find any evidence was faked
Multiple different sources were saying the same thing though, meaning unless there's a Super Source post game boss with the best stats in the game who has the highest Influence stat, multiple people involved with the game claimed Incineroar. I'm not in the gaming industry so maybe Il'm just tired but it feels odd
I think one is correct, but if either one is going to be correct I feel its going to be the Pokemon over another Street Fighter character.. Still if Ken is leak bait, still keep Verge credible since there was no way he knew the person who informed him of it was informing him of leak bait.. So Kale in Fighter Z anybody? (although I would rather it just be Kefla)

Fake is getting stronger but there hasn't been a killing blow either way.
Team Fake will kneel before Team Flare... For Team Flare is The Elite!

I'm restraining myself from posting J Jonah Jameson, but that post is wrong on many levels...
Just because she's from a franchise Sakurai worked on doesn't mean anything (Bandanna Dee says hi)
Also, the Medusa head thing in the Castlevania trailer was taken from the original Castlevania games. it's not a reference to KI Medusa. Much like how the chairs are probably not a reference to Skull kid and the clouds in K. Rool's Trailer are likely not a reference to Rayman..
Again its a no brainer Incineroar and Medusa are in. Believe that.
It's just one guy who thinks Medusa is a lock and that Incineroar is in too. Incineroar or Medusa could be in but they're certainly not locks.
Incerineroar and Medusa are definitely in and you can believe that.

No not just one guy, but I'm The Guy who believes in Medusa.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
We're still debating, both sides are getting more evidence, but nothing has swayed it fully in either direction.
honestly, theres gotta be something that could be getting overlooked, or something groundbreaking about it soon.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The leak of Schrodinger
Well, according to the Everettian interpretation of quantum mechanics, there's a reality in which the leak is real and one in which the leak is not.

Congrats everyone! Everyone's right! Also, every single character possible to be in Smash is in!

SneakDuckens

Smash Cadet
NNID
heiny13
Okay, can someone actually have a justifiable reason as to why Smash Ultimate's marketing has been "****ty" when all of you who say that whenever a Direct comes around then make a complete 180 and say "WOW, THAT WAS SPECTACULAR, THEY WERE SO ON POINT!!1" I see this so much and I'm done being silent about it when any of you try and say Smash Ultimate has terrible marketing yet do a 180. This has become the best hype cycle in Smash history, and you know that for a damn fact.

The Pic of the Days were ****ing terrible. They were only centralized on a social media platform exclusive to the Wii U - a dead console - and that was your only way of getting information. Half of the time? Needless information that NOBODY cared about. Some of the time? Veteran reveals. Some of the time, other kinda cool stuff.

The Smash Dojo!! was a great martyr of how to go about releasing Smash information in a good consistent manner, but it was mainly to give out little bits of new information. In this day and age with Nintendo giving Directs to release info, what use would a blog do? Smash Ultimate has this monacre of "EVERYONE IS HERE", so they're using the blog for that, and some new stuff like music here and there, and other tidbits. They're using it to celebrate the roster. Not to mention, they have to space out other game-related info too that isn't JUST Smash, so it becomes a juggling contest with a lot of things.

Literally, this is JUST like how Pokemon fans say the last game was ****, even though they loved all the hype surrounding it and the game, too. Happened with ORAS, X and Y, Sun and Moon, and no doubt will happen to Gen 8. So please, I want a logistical and justifiable list of reasons why Smash Ultimate's hype cycle has been trash, because most likely it's based on feelings.
Listen here. I have never once said that this has been a great hype season. I honestly haven't cared one way or the other about the hype season, because all I wanted was Ridley, and they announced him at the beginning. It is my subjective opinion that this hype season has sucked. It is also my opinion that this month and a half drought is the reason people are being so pissy right now. I have a right to both of those opinions, and I also respect your opinion that this hype season is better than others. You have a right to that opinion.

What I won't respect is you trying to call me a hypocrite. I don't appreciate you using my post to rant about people making 180s. I haven't done that, and I won't be a figurehead for your crusade. So you can take that hypocrite bull**** and shove it right up your ass. Respectfully.

D

Deleted member

Has the Grinch render been confirmed or debunked yet?

That’s literally all I care about.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

Photoshop and Illustrator are my main tools of work. This could be all easily photoshopped with a lot of effort but not that much how you think

Happy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom