• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Is all this talk about Sora suggesting he'll be on the roster as an additional character or that one of the character's on the banner is incorrect and Sora is replacing one of the characters?
People who are on this line of thought generally agree he'd be the first DLC character, announced at the VGA's on December 6th to be released sometime after.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
To be fair, people claimed that G&W's hand clipping into a frame and Wario's pupil were all "debunks" of the ESRB leak when that happened

WaxPython

Smash Ace
The Grinch Leak (or "Banner Leak" to those who don't like to meme) entails: Mach Rider, Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Banjo, Shadow and Ken.
Cheers, I'm on board the leak train without any need of proof or further information. Isaac and Geno new mains

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Is all this talk about Sora suggesting he'll be on the roster as an additional character or that one of the character's on the banner is incorrect and Sora is replacing one of the characters?
It's a separate "leak" that claims there's an extra fighter that might be announced somewhere at some time. I don't fully believe it and I don't really see what credence it has.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I love how before that leak appeared we were all eager to hear what those insider knew especially GameExplain with their """totally lucky guess""" about hinting at some Characters and how they get things right magically.

And the moment there a leak everyone want to believe, people hate and harass those people because they come forward and says that the leak might be false.

What the **** people?
Which was everything a marketing move from Nintendo, like the pokemon leaked in Pokemon GO

We are fed up with their bull**** :/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Imagine if they finally gave us Sinnoh remakes...

But they were in the style of Let's Go.
Pokemon Let's Go Munchlax an Let's Go Bonsly?

I'm down for that

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Isn't is weird how the era of Diamond and Pearl for Pokemon games is the best Pokemon era? :nifty:
Controversial in this day and age, but D/P is the one installment in the main series which were straight up mediocre RPGs imo, and just straight up bad Pokémon games. Gen 4 had the best remakes they've done, and a ton of great spinoff games aswell (Explorers of Sky is a contender for best Pokémon game imo), but the main games were incredibly poor and littered with so many issues that no one wants to talk about anymore as the games are sitting safely inside the nostalgia zone atm.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
This leak is a tiresome mess, and I don't have any investment in any of the characters, so I'm out.
Y'all have fun. Just remember it's not the end of the world if it's fake and we only get one or two more characters.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Inceneroar kinda makes sense for a bait character, hes owned by Nintendo, whereas someone like Banjo could cause other companies to get involved in unnecessary controversies if they were "leaked" by the likes of Verge, is a newer character and not a literally who, and just kinda fits the bill for Smash.

Skull Kid couldve been a bait character too back during the Loz18 story arc (just replace newer character with popular character).

Makes me wonder if we had any other bait characters yet. The Square nonsense regarding Sora could be bait, but that contradicts my first point, so I think something actually could be up there(or the guy is talking out of his ass, but either way Sora sounds like great DLC material if you ask me).

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Leak still hasn't been debunked? **** man...
Nothing has been debunked. Stop trying to force that narrative. If you don't think it's real all the more power to you but it hasn't been debunked.
I wouldn't go as far as to call it debunked, but I certainly think there are a lot of unanswered questions, biggest of all being: Who really leaked it? Because you should absolutely be questioning that.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
And you know what the worst part is? These kids don't even know what real Pokemon **** and never will experience the first time playing Pokemon Battle Revolution. YOU ALL KNOW THAT GAME WAS FIRE.
I wish we had another game like that in the style, but Battle Revolution was pretty sweet at the time, not gonna lie. :grin:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, I just asked what's going on, yet I'm ignored...

I really wanna join the conversation. Also wow, there is a roster of 860 members right now
To be fair, this thread's moving very fast so I'll try to fill you in:

As of yesterday there's a new leak called the Grinch leak (called that because there's promo art for the Grinch movie in the picture as well). It's a blurry SnapChat image that seems to show every character shown so far as well as Ken, Shadow, Isaac, Geno, Mach Rider, Banjo, and Chorus Kids (and possibly Skull Kid too but that could be Mach Rider's bike). Everyone's trying to find out whether it's real or fake and there's arguments for and against both sides. The guy who posted the blurry leak seems like he works for a company in France and does graphic design, but no word on whether the guy's current company is linked to Nintendo. Some insiders like Serebii are saying the leak is fake. One says they know Banjo is real but not sure about anyone else. One says there's another newcomer not on the banner and it's not Incineroar.

I think that's about it. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not change words that would be censored. Or basically you should write out words as normal and let the auto-censor catch it. :)

Potato_

Smash Lord
Liam Robertson is not happy..
He's actually one of the guys I'm most curious in. He was neutral on the leak until today, where he said he saw some evidence privately that he thinks deconfirms the leak, and that he's willing to take the L if he's wrong. I wonder what came up so recently for him to take such a hard stance.

Sucks that he's getting harassed for something as inconsequential as an opinion on a leak though.

Espio264

Smash Ace
To those of you who throw around the “anything can be photoshopped”, have you ever actually used photoshop? Yeah, it can be done, but it’d be a tedious ass process to move everything around, insert 7 new renders, and clean up the missing chunks of characters that were previously obscured behind other characters (even if it was done shoddily with patches of color that wouldn’t show from the blurry photo).

After all that they go and print it on something tiny with a blurry Snapchat filter or whatever just for their 15 minutes of fake leaker fame?Screw that. After all that work, you’re gonna see what my damn picture looks like, and I did this cuz I love the speculation and hype, there is no F Nintendo after all this work.

I don’t care what the “insiders” and “experts” say, this was quite the undertaking to just be a prank. Even if it’s too good to be true.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I said it before (to someone else) and I'll say it again.

That's none of your business, if people get disappointed, that's their problem, not yours.
Sorry for late reply but... *points at Corrin/Bayonetta meltdown*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom