• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
It really bothers me that people keep saying Banjo in the leak is an edit of Smashified Banjo. The nose is a different size and shape, the whole muzzle has a different shape, the poses are different, the backpack strap is at a different angle, their arms are in completely different spots. The 2 images are barely similar at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...Yeah hold the phone why the hell would they take the Miis out of this banner? They're not going to suddenly announce they were cut.
Mii's were mved and grouped together. Look at the blurred image again; they're somewhere above mewtwo & K Rool and to the right of Bayonetta's hair. Luigi was moved further right on the banner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Way harsh. Not even gonna bother at this point, because I'm too physically tired to start a war here.
I care a lot about people having their facts straight. The sooner everyone is 100% up to date the sooner a thorough discussion on legitimacy can be held without things being misconstrued by anybody. Sorry for coming off as hostile, it wasn't intentional.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If this leak is real I'm happy because even if I don't care about any of these characters, I know they have massive fanbases so I'm happy for all the people who get them!

also because that clears the air for dlc so skull kid and rex and elma can get in
Saying Chorus Kids and Mach Rider have massive fanbases is a bit stretch.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
It really bothers me that people keep saying Banjo in the leak is an edit of Smashified Banjo. The nose is a different size and shape, the whole muzzle has a different shape, the posee are different, the backpack strap is at a different angle, their arms are in completely different spots. The 2 images are barely similar at all.
I mean Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac :joyful:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
why smashified team said this is their design?
this is CLEARLY not the same..
SURE IT BE "scimilar " because this is the same character..

1540396122885.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
Retsuko for Smash

Harsh as he is, all morning there have been people steaming in about the mii thing to just get shot down immediately

I mean, none of this is worth getting any kind of hostile about though
I mean, I get it, but every time this happens, I immediately realize the issues before I type something to address my mistake, and then I embarrass myself online again. Not trying to start anything big here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Saying Chorus Kids and Mach Rider have massive fanbases is a bit stretch.
I mainly meant Geno, shadow, Ken, and Isaac but CK are decently popular and Mach Rider is one of the most popular retro reps

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
alright i got outta class. i managed to see the leak, but after a few hours, how are people feeling about it now ?

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Leaks are double edged for me

I for one want a better resolution one so I can pinpoint inconsistencies and find photoshop errors

But on the other hand, blurry leaks make directs exciting and doesn’t put to waste all of Sakurai’s work on the surprises (it also makes them miserable if it isn’t true which I don’t like, but this is more on people not being able to tune their expectations)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ranking Each Character in the Leak
Banjo kazooie - Eh, was kinda hoping for Steve 2/10
Geno - He's fine by me... 7/10
Isaac - He's okay, never really wanted him, but I'd be happy for the fans 6/10
Mach Rider - Man, that's a deep cut and I love it 9/10
Ken - The og echo, he makes too much sense 10/10
Shadow - He made too much sense as an echo 9/10
Chorus Kids - HOLY MOLY! THIS WOULD BE MORE HYPE FOR ME THAN THE REST OF THE ENTIRE ROSTER COMBINED! THEIR INCLUSION IS WHY I'M HOPING THAT THIS IS REAL 999/10

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Someone in this thread removed peach in 3 minute to show that it was completely possible and easy to do.
Removing a single aspect of an image is easy. Removing every single character would be incredibly elaborate.

That’s taken from the game is it not? Though I do not remember battlefield getting dark. But it also does not match the battlefield used for the banner
It is longer than the in-game Big Battlefield. I think it's also missing some of the stone structures. Regardless, Battlefield has not been seen in that empty state with that particular sky in the game or in any material. It does match the sky/ground for the banner, albeit slightly restructured on the left. I don't see that as a detracting point as its clearly to be used for something other than display of the characters. The file probably has alterable layers to allow looping into itself or something.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The only part of the leak that I'm pretty skeptical on is why does Isaac look so small in the banner artwork?
Well, he's kneeling down.

But he's also a teenager, which might explain him being short... maybe...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So, decided to make my version of the "roster" with Roster Builder--I rarely use it, because it's much more work than Roster Maker. But need to find something to do while I can't sleep (I probably made many mistakes as a result):

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Its blurry because its a screenshot of a snapchat video. As far as I know, the original leak was in video form.
I'm not saying the blurriness is what makes it fake, I just don't think we can say it's real because of the blurriness. I think it's weird that someone had this on snapchat but we only have 1 source for the reveal (as opposed to multiple different sources revealing the snapshots/saving the video). I also think it's weird that nobody managed to get a video of it (at least from another phone videoing it on their snapchat).

I don't know... just doesn't feel right to me. I believed the ESRB leak, but it took a while. My guess is by the end of 24 hours, this will be in our fake leak vault.

I'd be totally happy with these newcomers though.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrSiJssqPg
well apparently i'm doubting Vergben a bit this is just a prediction k so if this happened it's a coincidence
So this video says that a top notch predictor is saying 7-8 characters are going to be revealed but if that mural leak is true it's possible we may get 8 characters, the 8th one, Incineroar.
But why you weird looking turtle, well Incineroar is new while most of you may look to Greninja's case but either Sakurai needed an urge to put a Pokemon in or some other reasons (god i sound like a stupid person)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the topic of leaks, two that are pretty much locks are a reveal at The Game Awards (December 6th) and two Nintendo Directs (General Direct + Smash Direct) happening in the next month. Essentially, there can be three slots as to where these characters can go, if this "leak" is real.

Where do you think they'll all go? I'd much rather have them all in that one Smash Direct and have The Game Awards be the reveal for the start of DLC.

Untouch

Smash Master
Everything in that picture is likely a drawing, you'll never match any of it up to an existing render because it's likely all new.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
(Fixed ;))
If this leak is real it's surprising that we actually got 16 newcomers which is two more than what Melee got. I made this edit of this infographic to show how the newcomer count and lineup looks like throughout the Smash series if this leak is real

Try redoing this cutting echoes (so Dark Pit, Lucina for 4 and then all the echoes announced in this game).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ranking Each Character in the Leak
Banjo kazooie - Eh, was kinda hoping for Steve 2/10
Geno - He's fine by me... 7/10
Isaac - He's okay, never really wanted him, but I'd be happy for the fans 6/10
Mach Rider - Man, that's a deep cut and I love it 9/10
Ken - The og echo, he makes too much sense 10/10
Shadow - He made too much sense as an echo 9/10
Chorus Kids - HOLY MOLY! THIS WOULD BE MORE HYPE FOR ME THAN THE REST OF THE ENTIRE ROSTER COMBINED! THEIR INCLUSION IS WHY I'M HOPING THAT THIS IS REAL 999/10
If that's a thing:
Banjo-Kazooie - Not my thing, but happy for CosmicQuark CosmicQuark 6/10
Geno - He's cool 7/10
Isaac - He's cool 7/10
Mach Rider - Nice, I wonder how they fight 8/10
Ken - Finally Ryu got his bff 8/10
Shadow - *blasts SA2 OST* 9/10
Chorus Kids - Now, that's interesting 8/10

No big wants, but still nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom