• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
I wake up and a huge leak with the Chorus Kids in it is waiting for me?!?! I didn't know Christmas was coming early this year!

If this leak is fake, the person who made it made some 1000 IQ plays, considering all the small details included in it. I'm on the side of skeptical, but hopeful, since this would be a nearly perfect roster for me.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
https://imgur.com/a/2TY4Okf It's a hell of a lot of healing brush to produce an entirely blank Battlefield, no matter the size.

Everyone stop looking at pictures that only include the banner without the surrounding material.
That’s taken from the game is it not? Though I do not remember battlefield getting dark. But it also does not match the battlefield used for the banner

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't really think it's that hard to believe.
But then again I've been saying similar things in the Discord for months so if this is real I just feel a teensy bit vindicated
I'm certain lt not saying it's impossible, just more that it's a weird possibility for my brain to process so I just don't know what to think of it.

Honestly tracing back the LinkedIn page and somehow having a blank version of battlefield are what's really putting me in a "You have my attention" mindset

Also unrelated but Geno is a smol boi in this. I guess I shoulda expected that but I dunno, haha.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Leaks keep dragging me back here... I'm on team real.

That being said, as far as how hyped I am about each character...

Chorus Kids: 2/10 Not my cup of tea
Banjo: 3/10 Happy for their supporters, but eh
Ken/Shadow: 3/10 Both really expected, also characters I don't particularly care about personally
Geno: 5/10 Cool design and underused in Mario if you ask me, but he wasn't a character I explicitly wanted
Isaac: 5/10 Never played a Golden Sun to completion but I bet he'll be decently cool with all his magic
Mach Rider: 8/10 Easily the one I'm most hyped for out of the bunch, and also an extremely cool retro character

Overall, 5/10. Happy for everyone getting characters they want, but personally I find the list meh at best. And the possibility that Ray was considered and was eventually cut shatters my customizable mini mech-loving heart.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
To all the people asking about the Mii's they are all grouped together now between K.Rool and Mewtwo

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm jumping on the #TeamFake train! Tag me if there is legit reason to believe it, I don't buy the current story, or the super super blurry pic. It's too blurry to even analyze, isn't it?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
If this is real... imagine how much more hype it would have been if we just saw the trailers of all these highly anticipated characters. Well, pfewh, that would be amazing.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
...Yeah hold the phone why the hell would they take the Miis out of this banner? They're not going to suddenly announce they were cut.
The Mii Brawler and Swordfighter should be around where Shadow is, and Mii Gunner near where Banjo is, but they aren't here. They're not even anywhere, so that concerns me.
All three Mii Fighters are grouped together now. They're in the skyline right above Mewtwo, Lucas, and K. Rool. Don't spread misinformation because you didn't look hard enough.

kylexv

Smash Master
The ESRB leak leaked :ultness::ultjigglypuff::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultgnw::ultwario::ultrob::ultshulk::ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt:. Yeah it had some suprises (both good and bad), but it was not on the level of "too good to be true". In some ways, it was the opposite. We lost :ultlucas::ulticeclimbers:, and :ultmewtwo::ultridley::ultkrool: were nowhere to be found. Plus, the clones.

However, this one is pretty much the opposite in terms of strictly the unrevealed characters in the leak. If you told me before this leak that not only there were seven more characters left to be revealed, but that it included Isaac, Shadow, Geno, and BANJO? There would be a 1 in 14,000,065 chance I would believe you. It is simply too good to be true.

That is why I am so divided about this leak. While things are lining up for this to be real, just like the ESRB leak, my thoughts are much different. With the ESRB leak, if that ended up being fake, chances are I would not nearly be as disappointed than if I thought this was 100% real and turn out to be wrong. That is why I've been behind the box theory for so long. So, I'll put it like this:

• Box Theory is worst-case-scenario (which I'm glad things are shaking up a little in regards to it)
  • This "Grinch leak", or whatever you want to call it, is the best-case-scenario
Also, I've spent two months preparing my brain for Incineroar to be in the game. It'll be funny if he isn't.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Oh alright, I saw the Miis now. Hmm, still don't know about this yet.

But again, if this is right. This is definitely pretty cool. So I'd like to believe it, I just can't yet.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm jumping on the #TeamFake train! Tag me if there is legit reason to believe it, I don't buy the current story, or the super super blurry pic. It's too blurry to even analyze, isn't it?
Its blurry because its a screenshot of a snapchat video. As far as I know, the original leak was in video form.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm certain lt not saying it's impossible, just more that it's a weird possibility for my brain to process so I just don't know what to think of it.

Honestly tracing back the LinkedIn page and somehow having a blank version of battlefield are what's really putting me in a "You have my attention" mindset

Also unrelated but Geno is a smol boi in this. I guess I shoulda expected that but I dunno, haha.
I mean he is a doll and from a game where Birdo was larger than Bowser so

I don't lean either way with this leak right now cause it makes me win several bets at once and I can't handle that in my life right now

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
...Yeah hold the phone why the hell would they take the Miis out of this banner? They're not going to suddenly announce they were cut.
The Miis are grouped together to the left of King K. Rool and Lucas. They actually moved Mii Gunner to make room for Banjo & Kazooie, they're where the Mii Gunner currently is on the current banner. They even moved the positions of each of the Mii Fighters, Mii Swordfighter is above Mii Brawler now when on the current banner it's the opposite.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Here's a thought regarding this "leak", the fact it is likely and arm band, the rumored direct around the 8th, and Sakurai's retweet of the upcoming tournament.

The Tokyo tournament on the 3rd-4th will announce a direct for the 8th, this will be the final direct and announce all these characters, just in time for promotional art and merch such as the arm band to be given away at the Kyoto tournament on the 23rd & 24th.

Not surprised by Isaac. I'm still convinced that he was going to be revealed in the direct a couple of months ago, and the reason the Direct was delayed after the earthquake was because it would be tactless to have a character causing earthquakes on the same day as people got killed by an earthquake. As for the rest, hoooooly **** yes. Really hoping this is real.
Nevermind I hope this leak is fake just so people can't spout bull**** like this about Isaac's reveal.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
So, now that I come to think of it, does anyone else find it kind of weird for the full number of base characters to end in 81? I'm not kidding, sounds like a really odd number to finish with.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
The ESRB leak leaked :ultness::ultjigglypuff::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultgnw::ultwario::ultrob::ultshulk::ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt:. Yeah it had some suprises (both good and bad), but it was not on the level of "too good to be true". In some ways, it was the opposite. We lost :ultlucas::ulticeclimbers:, and :ultmewtwo::ultridley::ultkrool: were nowhere to be found. Plus, the clones.

However, this one is pretty much the opposite in terms of strictly the unrevealed characters in the leak. If you told me before this leak that not only there were seven more characters left to be revealed, but that it included Isaac, Shadow, Geno, and BANJO? There would be a 1 in 14,000,065 chance I would believe you. It is simply too good to be true.

That is why I am so divided about this leak. While things are lining up for this to be real, just like the ESRB leak, my thoughts are much different. With the ESRB leak, if that ended up being fake, chances are I would not nearly be as disappointed than if I thought this was 100% real and turn out to be wrong. So, I'll put it like this:

• Box Theory is worst-case-scenario (which I'm glad things are shaking up a little in regards to it)
  • This "Grinch leak", or whatever you want to call it, is the best-case-scenario
Your profile pic OMG it is funny!

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
No Hayabusa, No Liquid it's fake ... But seriously, including the name of a guy so we can trace him to his job, why black it out so sloppily in the so dangerous leaking game? It's a bit too convenient if you ask me.

Iridium

Smash Hero
All three Mii Fighters are grouped together now. They're in the skyline right above Mewtwo, Lucas, and K. Rool. Don't spread misinformation because you didn't look hard enough.
Way harsh. Not even gonna bother at this point, because I'm too physically tired to start a war here.

D

Deleted member

If this leak is real I'm happy because even if I don't care about any of these characters, I know they have massive fanbases so I'm happy for all the people who get them!

also because that clears the air for dlc so skull kid and rex and elma can get in

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Though I gotta day, while I’m leaning strongly on Team Fake... the circumstances behind the ESRB leak were extremely alike these ones.

Came from a country that wasn’t either the US or Japan
Was shared on social media, probably to close friends that decided to pull a fast one
His job is not primarily with Nintendo

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I got villager so now its Layton mostly, I know that seems like a pipe dream but I was happy to see a bunch of others wanted him too when smash 4 came out. Hes who I voted for on the last ballet. He would be pretty basass
Retsuko for Smash
Way harsh. Not even gonna bother at this point, because I'm too physically tired to start a war here.
Harsh as he is, all morning there have been people steaming in about the mii thing to just get shot down immediately

I mean, none of this is worth getting any kind of hostile about though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom