• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calane

Smash Ace
I somehow made a new comment instead of editing my old one.

I guess I'll use it to say, um... Have a great day, I don't know.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If he can't have Agumon in Smash, Graizen's gonna kill us all by having our computers explode in our face.
Honestly, as much as I don't care about Digimon, having Agumon in Smash would be pretty neat cause it also breaks that one rule

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Kinda late to the info discussion, but might as well pitch in my thoughts. I don't think the information drought has been as bad as some made it seem, but I'll agree that the way they released the information could've been handled better.

E3 and the August Smash Direct both revealed so much all at once, and we went through it all in a matter of days. We already know so much about so many things. We know almost all of the characters, seen all of the stages, seen almost all the Assist Trophies, etc. Holding back the character trailers as well as some items and stages, then revealing them every week drip-feed style would've helped a ton with the gaps between presentations. Instead, the blog posts are almost always showing us things we already know. Only thing new we get are remixes and the occasional tidbit from a caption.

If anything, the worst part of the Smash cycle has been speculation. Having so much officially revealed doesn't leave much room. Combine that with Vergeben and the Box Theory, and roster speculation has been pretty dry. At least August left behind the Spirits mode to speculate about, but even then, a general consensus was seemingly reached shortly thereafter.

I'm going to guess the last Smash presentation will happen around early November. Reveal the rest of the roster, talk about Spirits mode, cover online modes/changes, and possibly end with a DLC tease. That'll be it until the game releases.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Speaking of music and all these posts, what series music do you want to see posted on the blog from a franchise that has not been posted yet? Personally, I'm craving for some Bayonetta music.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Speaking of music and all these posts, what series music do you want to see posted on the blog from a franchise that has not been posted yet? Personally, I'm craving for some Bayonetta music.
Xenoblade first, though Sonic would be a great alternative. I'm fine with whatever though personally, I just want to hear more of the music! ;)

LetterO

Smash Lord
Give me a good banger from WarioWare. I really want a Body Rock remix

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Uh......
King Hippo's theme? Even though it's just an vague islander version of the normal Punch Out theme

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
GAME:

Smash Bros trailer starts, a music starts playing...
What music would make you HYPE?

-------------------------

For me , this one:
This:
Kirby 64: Quiet Forest
Also because there are more than just 1 character who fit that theme (mystery/forest) and the video could potentially end being a multiple announcement.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If he can't have Agumon in Smash, Graizen's gonna kill us all by having our computers explode in our face.
Neither should be blamed, as the blame goes to those without self-control :p

(and I consider myself among them even though I posted mine before seeing everyone else post theirs)

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Speaking of Paper Mario, though, I need Master to be in in some way for this sweet, sweet tune.
Master Battle - Paper Mario
I dunno why, but I suddenly envisioned a hard rock version of this song appearing in Ultimate upon seeing you list it here. I think that would be awesome (especially if Paper Mario himself were to join the roster)!

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Wario, Punch-Out, Xenoblade, Mother, Star Fox, Pac-man, and ESPECIALLY Sonic.

However I'm worried those as well as Bayo don't have much new to show off in the end product.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
My main hope right now is that we get a "wtf!?" character like a Tostarenan or a Goron or something like that aha, but I doubt it'll happen at this point.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Final Fantasy is the only correct answer.

Sorry not sorry.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who do you think will be revealed tonight?

I’m calling dibs on :ultyoshi:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly, as much as I don't care about Digimon, having Agumon in Smash would be pretty neat cause it also breaks that one rule
I'm not the biggest supporter of Augmon (KOS-MOS is first for my Bandai rep), however, I'd love to see the Pokemon v Digimon showdown happen in an actual video game.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Who do you think will be revealed tonight?

I’m calling dibs on :ultyoshi:
Imma retroactively bet on :ultrosalina: again.

...I mean, as your prophet, I shall prove my worth by totally saying it will be :ultrosalina: without a shred of doubt, because my name is Masahiro Vergurai.

beans

Smash Lord
Reading he previous page of the board I want to put my two cents on the table too.
Nintendo knows we will buythe game, so they dont really bother to give anything to the hardcores, Im surprised we have a site for it since its content is so superfluos that it would be better if they just uploaded videos on a youtube channel.
I actualy dont know if I'll but the game.
Even tough Ultimate is bigger and better and hss everything 3DS Sm4sh has, Im feeling pretty cozy with it and nothing actually made me think Ultimate is my Sm4sh killer. Okay, Eveyone is Here aside, what do we have here, what modes?
They didnt show anything about game modes yet outside of pointong at a pixelated portion of the menu and say to wait till they talk about it.
Okay can they atleast show something small, like trophies and Masterpieces, I'd get excited about that.
Oh, they didnt mention anything about that too huh.
If it keeps going like this Smash will start looking like any other fighting game for me, one that the only thing it offer is fighting and prettt much nothing else.
Thats not what I love about Smash. Its the characters actualy being used outside of fighting, its having a option to do something else in the game that is as much interesting as the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom