• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
How about this:

We get a one hour long Smash Direct in November that shows off Spirits, more new modes, new and returning modes, etc., etc., along with the entire roster.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay real talk here: What if Mr. Saturn is just a placeholder so the Pikmin don't look weird? Am I the only one that thinks Louie could fit there?
I thought most of us agreed that Mr. Saturn is being mistaken for Olimar, because of their similar appearances. It probably means nothing, really. Probably.

D

Deleted member

Ub9rNRS.jpg

5sb6474gnes11.jpg

I offer these blessed images in hopes of purging this thread of it's cursed imagery.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
New theory:

The bar event was kept so secretive, and it can't be streamed by anyone, because a character is going to be revealed in the demo...and then Nintendo is going to drop a surprise character trailer.

This has a .0000000069% chance of happening but if so...oh man

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
I thought most of us agreed that Mr. Saturn is being mistaken for Olimar, because of their similar appearances. It probably means nothing, really. Probably.
Well knowing Louie's character it would make sense that he's being carried around.. Hmmm.. are there any other characters that are that small that have a chance at getting in?

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Okay look, I just have one thing to say.

If we don't get to page 6969 by December 7th we've failed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New theory:

The bar event was kept so secretive, and it can't be streamed by anyone, because a character is going to be revealed in the demo...and then Nintendo is going to drop a surprise character trailer.

This has a .0000000069% chance of happening but if so...oh man
I n e e d i t

When people said "make Steve more expressive" they didn't mean make him look like Horror from the Pagemaster...

Holy **** I remember that movie

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We've officially descended into madness.

We're ****ing Wonderland now. Minus the Wonder.
So... We're in land, then?

I mean, I always assumed. But this confirms it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
How about this:

We get a one hour long Smash Direct in November that shows off Spirits, more new modes, new and returning modes, etc., etc., along with the entire roster.
ONE HOUR?!!?!?

Absolutely not. 30 minutes is compact, leaves enough room for speculation and fun, and leaves us wanting more.

An hour can reveal literally like all that's in the game lol

There's a point in buying it.

D

Deleted member

ONE HOUR?!!?!?

Absolutely not. 30 minutes is compact, leaves enough room for speculation and fun, and leaves us wanting more.

An hour can reveal literally like all that's in the game lol

There's a point in buying it.
I could see something like 45 minutes as that's how long the first Smash Direct was but... Yeah, we don't have enough content to fill that. Expecting it to be 25 minutes like the E3 Smash segmebt and the August Direct

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Oh that's nothing. Take a look at this beauty.

We really need more Smash news soon, don't we?
It reaches its max level of prestige when you click on it to see it fullscreen... that animation... pure art!
EDIT: wait, for some reason it doesn't go fullscreen anymore, omg.
EDIT2: never mind, it works again... maybe it's just a bit glitchy.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, general ideas on what Nintendo could announce at the Game Awards, if that rumor turns out to be true?

Keep in mind that it takes place at night on Dec. 6th in the US. It'll be late morning Dec. 7th in Japan by that time. So assuming that Nintendo is announcing something there-- there's precedent with them announcing The CHampion's Ballad and Cranky Kong at previous Game Awards shows-- what could it possibly be? Smash DLC? Metroid 4 trailer? New Super Luigi Bros. 3D World Switch & Knuckles?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's so many questions, all of which could be answered by "Nintendo is weird like that" but they're not usually this weird.

If nothing, why the secrecy? (We know so much of the old demo that someone's made damage charts on all of Bayo's moves)
If something, why Canada? (Unless the dev team just finished up and took a week in Canada which just...legalised it)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Smash Game: Remove one, add another.

I'll start.

Remove: :ultdarkpit:

Add: Dillon

Extra points for controversial.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, general ideas on what Nintendo could announce at the Game Awards, if that rumor turns out to be true?

Keep in mind that it takes place at night on Dec. 6th in the US. It'll be late morning Dec. 7th in Japan by that time. So assuming that Nintendo is announcing something there-- there's precedent with them announcing The CHampion's Ballad and Cranky Kong at previous Game Awards shows-- what could it possibly be? Smash DLC? Metroid 4 trailer? New Super Luigi Bros. 3D World Switch & Knuckles?
New game, or Dragon Quest Smash Bros. DLC if LeakyPandy is actually correct about Nintendo game-related stuff for once in their lives no.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I'll start.

Echoes should be exempt from games like this since its pretty much cheating.

Anyway;

Remove: Mario

Add: Bubsy the Bobcat

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I dunno, at first I didn't believe it because of leakypandy, but Spawn Wave's a bit more credible, from what I hear. It can't be a base game character, because that would be leaked beforehand. But I also can't see them announcing DLC, as it would come off as "You know that game you're playing tomorrow? Here's a character you can't play then!" Day 1 DLC is bad for many reasons, some of which I think Sakurai has mentioned not liking, but even then it would suffer the same possibilities of being leaked, less so given it's digital and not mass produced.

So... I have no clue.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I'll start.

Alrighty then... Controversy, ho!

Remove::ultcloud:
Add: Black Mage/White Mage duo

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I'll start.

Remove: :ultzss:
Add: :zerosuitsamus:

I want old ZSS back dammit.

D

Deleted member

Oh definitely. Greninja's great as you said but I'm loving the newcomers we've gotten recently.
Oh.

oh wait.
the drought pain
Believe me. We are very fortunate this go around.

Smash 4 got announced before it was even in development. We had to wait over a year and a half before we actually heard anything about it. Now THAT was drought pain...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I'll start.

Remove: King K.rool:ultkrool:
Add: Rhythm Girl (Rhythm Heaven)

My roster, my rules... Deal with it... ;)
Is this controversial enough for ya?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom