• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
It was just that they were told it was a new game.

Very important to know they also claimed their father usually doesn't tell them anything, and it slipped out this time. Meaning even if their identity is true, what they said still isn't 100% confirmed.
Update: The person who claimed their father is Flip Morse has deleted their 2 year old account.

Don't jump to conclusions, but I believe it is worth noting that they were very active far before Smash Switch was ever revealed, and many old posts match up with what they say about their identity being accurate.

As far as I can tell, they have never ""leaked"" anything else or ever stated who their father was other than their job.

I am personally almost certain they are who they say they are based on other information I've found, so I can't help but feel bad.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Update: The person who claimed their father is Flip Morse has deleted their 2 year old account.

Don't jump to conclusions, but I believe it is worth noting that they were very active far before Smash Switch was ever revealed, and many old posts match up with what they say about their identity being accurate.
Someone is grounded.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Someone is grounded.
And his dad might get fired. Thats awful, the one time the guy actually has a "dad that works at nintendo" he doesn't even realize how awesome yet delicate a situation like that is and goes on a site with information about who he is and leaks something thats basically nothing but still enough to possibly get his dad fired...

I've worked on big budget movies before and you cant leak anything outside of the set, Id have to assume this is the same if not worse.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nothing is better than watching Sakurai talk about boss characters then show a Ridley teaser then have Ridley fans theorize that Ridley can still be a playable character.
The Ridley theories probably wouldn't stop even if he was confirmed to be playable.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
And his dad might get fired. Thats awful, the one time the guy actually has a "dad that works at nintendo" he doesn't even realize how awesome yet delicate a situation like that is and goes on a site with information about who he is and leaks something thats basically nothing but still enough to possibly get his dad fired...

I've worked on big budget movies before and you cant leak anything outside of the set, Id have to assume this is the same if not worse.
@iDOWN has gotten away with it.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

I suppose we'll wait and see what happens.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
My oh my haven been here in such an incredibly long time. Here’s to hoping for an ARMS rep personally. Got into the game recently and it’s really fun. Spring Man, Twintelle or Min Min would be my choices for a rep.

Just going on to some of the other topics mentioned here:

I’d love for Breloom of all Pokemon to be playable as unlikely as it is. It’d be fun.

As far as veterans are concerned, I’d like Ganondorf to further differentiate himself from Falcon, and tweak some things from Ness’ moveset as well (like making Ness himself and his PK Thunder or Fire faster).

Outside an ARMS rep can’t say I really have too many wants that are realistic. Personally I’d be incredibly hyped if we got a Power Stone rep but that’s a pipe dream.

Nothing is better than watching Sakurai talk about boss characters then show a Ridley teaser then have Ridley fans theorize that Ridley can still be a playable character.
Doesn’t get much better than that. Ridley talk back then was was wild

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
@iDOWN has gotten away with it.
Do we know how lenient Disney Interactive Studios is compared to Nintendo?

Was Disney Infinity as under-wraps as Smash is, especially after 4's leaks? I highly doubt they would get fired over something like this, being that like you (or something else, I don't remember) said that it could be easy to explain as them figuring it out on their own with the currently public information but I totally understand why they wouldn't want the risk.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Do we know how lenient Disney Interactive Studios is compared to Nintendo?

Was Disney Infinity as under-wraps as Smash is, especially after 4's leaks? I highly doubt they would get fired over something like this, being that like you (or something else, I don't remember) said that it could be easy to explain as them figuring it out on their own with the currently public information but I totally understand why they wouldn't want the risk.
I dunno but that's just a comparison, really hoping for a best case scenario so comparing them gives me some hope.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Busy night, so trying to catch up on chat that I've missed:
- None of the original 12 should be cut. That includes Jigglypuff, who is one of my favorite characters
- DK deserves one, maybe two new reps this time around, but I wouldn't think more than that
- Fire Emblem can get maybe ONE more new character without it getting ridiculous. Hopefully someone unique. Are there any recurring villains of note?
- Isaac seems like he could be fun, so I wouldn't mind his addition, were it to happen
- Things change, and it's well known how big a fanbase Ridley has, so I think there's a chance he shows up this time. The Metroid remakes and upcoming Prime 4 hopefully get the series a new rep of some kind
- The "leak" adds a bit of legitimacy to the already strong circumstantial evidence for non-port. Hope no one gets in trouble...

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I am just glad the Ridley discussion are up and about again. Give Ridley all the attention he needs. He'll show you. He'll show you all!

Anyways, Smash Hype is best hype, and I really hope we'll get a Pic of The Day thingy again eventually. Those are always a fun extra to wait for in the mornings. ^^

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
- Things change, and it's well known how big a fanbase Ridley has, so I think there's a chance he shows up this time. The Metroid remakes and upcoming Prime 4 hopefully get the series a new rep of some kind
Agreed. I don't think Ridley is likely, but I wouldn't count him out either.

Important to remember it was also stated Villager would never be in Smash.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
New or total? I definitely think with Tropical Freeze being so spectacular and bringing back some old characters it deserves a new rep.

Agreed. I don't think Ridley is likely, but I wouldn't count him out either.

Important to remember it was also stated Villager would never be in Smash.
Sorry, updated after you hit reply. I meant one or two NEW reps for DK

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If your father or mother or guardian ever works at a large job and there is a secret that a company gave to the parents and the parents or guardian tell you, never decide to be reckless and post it immediately, thinking you are safe. I want everyone to learn that lesson, even though it never happened to me.
This. Just watch Sakurai reveal a stage with Ridley as a boss and people are like "RIDLEY IS ADDED". Then the other smart Ridley side gets salty. So much drama in the Smash community. In all seriousness, I would prefer Ridley as a boss over as a fighter in my personal opinion to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Who else reeeeeeeally wants Professor Layton?

I love his games, even though I only actually currently own the Ace Attorney crossover. I loved the movie.

I think Layton is probably my most wanted character for this next game, if only to have some of that sweet, sweet music.
Definitely, if he was the only character added, I would be very happy.

I think he has a reasonable chance of addition too, since he's well known, Nintendo exclusive, and Level 5 don't have a rep yet despite being essentially '2nd-party' developers.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If your father or mother or guardian ever works at a large job and there is a secret that a company gave to the parents and the parents or guardian tell you, never decide to be reckless and post it immediately, thinking you are safe. I want everyone to learn that lesson, even though it never happened to me.
Good advice and you should definitely learn this lesson... after posting Smash 5 leaks. Then learn.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Soooooo...Anybody still rooting for my guy Isaac? Cause at this point he's one of the few new characters I'm hoping makes it in. Aside from maybe a new Metroid character. Though his series is obscure, especially by Nintendo standards.

I just want to throw rocks and giant hands at dudes. Maybe some bramble and bamboo traps too while we're at it.
With the Inklings confirmed, Isaac is still my number 1 most wanted character to join Smash - Wouldn't have discovered the series without his Assist Trophy in Brawl, and I'm still going to hold hope for him to make his playable appearance.

anybody know how vocal isaac fans were when the ballot was active?
I'd say most of the Adepts who supported Isaac were about mid-tier vocal when it came to showing they wanted him in Smash. He probably didn't have as loud a crowd as K.Rool because they were the most vocal about their character and saw Tropical Freeze release for the Wii U around 2014. Us Golden Sun fans have had nothing for over 8 years at this point since Dark Dawn, and Nintendo/Camelot haven't down much with the IP since then - most of us hope for something special - heck I'd take Isaac being a random DLC in Mario Tennis Aces at this point if it meant showing they remembered Golden Sun. At least Chain Chomp is a better WTF character for Aces than Pink Gold Peach in MK8'

Still, I have hope that Isaac can probably reappear in Smash.

We already struggle to see FE characters BESIDES the "swordsman," so I REALLY hope they don't cut our "dragon."
Agreed. Fire Emblem needs to keep its variety. And the next new Fire Emblem characters need to have it.

I mean if thats the case can we maybe get someone like Lyn, Celica, or Hector as a replacement/ surprise out of nowhere FE rep?
I think Celica and Alm are standout choices alongside a character from Fire Emblem 16 on Switch. Celica has magic and a sword but is still different than Robin. Alm would be an Ike to Marth, as in different. And lets hope some of the top FE16 characters use different weapons.

Actually, on that note...I think we can all die down now on the "Fire Emblem needs less reps" train. The series is LONG running, starting from the NES, has a huge variety of different important, interesting characters, and has built itself into one of Nintendo's most prominent series. I think the high number of "reps" is warranted.
Agreed

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Actually, on that note...I think we can all die down now on the "Fire Emblem needs less reps" train. The series is LONG running, starting from the NES, has a huge variety of different important, interesting characters, and has built itself into one of Nintendo's most prominent series. I think the high number of "reps" is warranted.
Sure, but more than Pokemon? Literally the highest grossing media franchise of all time, above even Star Wars.
A lot of the franchises in Smash that have less characters are a lot higher grossing and have more global recognizability, honestly.

I think the bigger issue though people have with Fire Emblem is how samey the characters in Smash feel. There's 3 Marths, and every single character with the exception of Robin is a mainly sword user with disjointed hitboxes. Fire Emblem has so much more variety to offer than that. It also doesn't help Fire Emblem is still very niche in the west, where you'll get the most opinions on sites like these from. A large portion of the community doesn't recognize these characters outside of that it's the series that keeps adding sword users and counters into Smash.

I personally don't have a problem with many Fire Emblem characters, but I'd personally like to see more variety in the ones they choose.. and maybe give a little bit more focus on some other franchises this time around.

Last edited:
I still say the next Fire Emblem roster should be Marth, Ike, Corrin, Robin, Celica, and a FE16 character.

You get the 4 original ones from SSB4. You get an original sword magic user who is also a classic character. And you get a brand new character, one of which we can hopefully assume uses a different weapon. We need to hope one or more of the main characters in FE16 uses a lance, axe, dagger, hammer, etc.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I no longer really mind more Fire Emblem characters. Give me all those feminine pretty boys!

Speaking of, remember how we got boxers Shulk? I bet you all we'll get equally naked Mario and Link in this game. :p

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I no longer really mind more Fire Emblem characters. Give me all those feminine pretty boys!

Speaking of, remember how we got boxers Shulk? I bet you all we'll get equally naked Mario and Link in this game. :p
I hope we get more costumes in general in this game. The upgrade to 8 for all in Smash 4 was great, don't get me wrong, but it's still seriously lacking any real costumes. Only a handful actually get anything that changes the model at all.

I think giving every character at least one real alternate costume would be great, maybe we could bring everyone up to the 16 costume count Little Mac has?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I hope we get more costumes in general in this game. The upgrade to 8 for all in Smash 4 was great, don't get me wrong, but it's still seriously lacking any real costumes. Only a handful actually get anything that changes the model at all.

I think giving every character at least one real alternate costume would be great, maybe we could bring everyone up to the 16 costume count Little Mac has?
I'd adore some more costumes, haha. It felt like, with the DLC, Sakurai really came around to them, with Cloud and Bayonetta getting such detailed ones. Even if they do not get 16 like Mac, I'd love to see something like this for, say, Bowser:

Normal Bowser
Normal Bowser with other color pallete
Normal Bowser with other color pallete
N64 Bowser (as in, faithful blocky 64 Bowser in the Smash proportions)
NES Bowser (silly 3D NES Bowser)
Wedding Bowser
Meowser
Dry Bowser

That would be great for Bowser. Some standard other colors, and a bunch of unique models that would all work and represent a lot of different Bowser eras. ^^

Gestahl

Smash Cadet
Despite the discussion if Ridley is to big or not, it would be awesome to have an ->Epic<-fight between Samus & Ridley now and then home in the couch but also in the finals of some Smash tournambets!

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Update on the "Flip Morse" rumor situation:

The Reddit account was the real them, I am 100% certain of it now. For their own personal privacy I won't give out why I know this, but I just figured I'd just let you all know.

This obviously doesn't totally confirm that Smash Switch is a new game, considering that there's always the possibility of miscommunication/etc; as I stated previously.

(Also, since I obviously can't prove this to anyone here without invading their privacy, you should probably take this post with a grain of salt as well. I'm not lying, but I couldn't in good conscience tell people to blindly believe me on something like this without providing proof. This is the last post I'll make on the subject. :dizzy:)

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Despite the discussion if Ridley is to big or not, it would be awesome to have an ->Epic<-fight between Samus & Ridley now and then home in the couch but also in the finals of some Smash tournambets!
More likely, samus vs Ridley in some pools matches because I doubt they would both be good

Danpal65

Smash Lord
It would be totally awesome. What would also be awesome would be for a Samus/Ridley doubles team to take off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom