• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Soooooo...Anybody still rooting for my guy Isaac? Cause at this point he's one of the few new characters I'm hoping makes it in. Aside from maybe a new Metroid character. Though his series is obscure, especially by Nintendo standards.

I just want to throw rocks and giant hands at dudes. Maybe some bramble and bamboo traps too while we're at it.
isaac is my most wanted character, next to ridley and king k rool.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
it just occurred to me that we will probably get switch icons for all the smash characters, I'm so down for that.

D

Deleted member

You spelled Isaac two different ways in that post and both were wrong. Impressive.
34342.PNG

I can not believe I spelled his name wrong twice. Sorry Isaac fans, I have failed you.
In all seriousness, anyone here hoping for Isaac in Smash? Offers nice move-set potential with his earth "abilities". We need a swordsmen like him, who can fight and control Earth powers with his will.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
View attachment 138562
I can not believe I spelled his name wrong twice. Sorry Isaac fans, I have failed you.
In all seriousness, anyone here hoping for Isaac in Smash? Offers nice move-set potential with his earth "abilities". We need a swordsmen like him, who can fight and control Earth powers with his will.
Hey, at least you didn't write Isucc :dedede:

D

Deleted member

I was a huge advocate for Isaac during the ballot. I definitely don't think he's likely anymore, though.
It's sad that Camelot was reduced to a Mario Golf/Tennis factory when it used to be a prominent RPG studio. Without it, Camelot wouldn't even be able to keep the lights on.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't imagine he'll get in at this point.

This most I hope for is after Camelot gets Aces and the golf game out of the way, they can try their hand at another GS before the next system requires its sports games. Fortunately there's only one platform to focus on now.

anybody know how vocal isaac fans were when the ballot was active?
Isaac placed well on fan polls during the ballot, including one that had over 13k votes, but those are only so helpful.

we shouted as best we could

D

Deleted member

Hey, at least you didn't write Isucc :dedede:
Replace that :dedede:with my social life and you just said a valid description of me in a nutshell.... Well Dedede does like to inhale his food so I get the joke.
Don't imagine he'll get in at this point.

This most I hope for is after Camelot gets Aces and the golf game out of the way, they can try their hand at another GS before the next system requires its sports games. Fortunately there's only one platform to focus on now.
The Switch. Camelot needs to make another GS to help increase Isaac's chances or else he could be qualified as a nostalgic "retro character" like Duck Hunt and Little Mac in five or so years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Brawl was when I was first introduced to him, and I thought he had some cool moves. I only really got to play a little bit of it a while ago. I'm hoping it'll get some kind of virtual console release, on switch or something.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Switch. Camelot needs to make another GS to help increase Isaac's chances or else he could be qualified as a nostalgic "retro character" like Duck Hunt and Little Mac in five or so years.
No telling if Sakurai will see it that way.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Alright, Who else reeeeeeeally wants Professor Layton?

I love his games, even though I only actually currently own the Ace Attorney crossover. I loved the movie.

I think Layton is probably my most wanted character for this next game, if only to have some of that sweet, sweet music.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
now that i think about, smash is gonna be 20 years old next year. i'd figure sakurai would do something special for its 20th anniversary. this smash should be the embodiedment of all the smash games that came before it.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

I love his games, even though I only actually currently own the Ace Attorney crossover. I loved the movie.

I think Layton is probably my most wanted character for this next game, if only to have some of that sweet, sweet music.
I have Professor Layton as a Mii so I'm good.

Dellexe

Smash Rookie
Yeah I think the real concern for the father would be if this is in violation of their NDA, which it probably is. I'm going to guess any information that hasn't been officially announced would violate a Nintendo NDA, those things have to be more strict than your old, bitter, 3rd grade teacher.
*vietnam flashbacks of bitter substitute teacher in elementary school intensifies*

I'm on the boat of new game, if only out of hope that Nintendo won't troll and bait us this hard with just a port.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
now that i think about, smash is gonna be 20 years old next year. i'd figure sakurai would do something special for its 20th anniversary. this smash should be the embodiedment of all the smash games that came before it.
I hope this means it'll have something notable from each smash game.

Smash 64's lack of DI + Melee's directional airdodges + Brawl's tripping + Smash 4's ledge trumping

The ultimate smash game

(honestly, this could work with that despicable me meme for the first three things lmao)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Me! I really like his design. Layton is getting more fan demand, so I could see him coming in the next game.
@Professor Pumpkaboo this guy supports Professor Layton, go honor him!

Anyone in here want Phoneix Wright?
He may be not that related to Nintendo and other third-parties outclass his chances, but I love his overall design and his move-set potential. Having a lawyer fight in a Smash game would sound fun and I would love to hear his "OBJECTION!" during a fight in Smash in Switch, and any other tricks he can pull off.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Is your dad too big?
How should I know?
Me! I really like his design. Layton is getting more fan demand, so I could see him coming in the next game.

He may be not that related to Nintendo and other third-parties outclass his chances, but I love his overall design and his move-set potential. Having a lawyer fight in a Smash game would sound fun and I would love to hear his "OBJECTION!" during a fight in Smash in Switch, and any other tricks he can pull off.
Pumpkaboo is a chick.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

If we got both Phoenix Wright AND Professor Layton in smash I think I could die happy. After playing smash first, of course!

D

Deleted member

No telling if Sakurai will see it that way.
Even if he hadn't appeared in Dark Dawn, that's a nope.

Because Sakurai thinks that anything that isn't ancient history and cracks all over fall into the huge gapping uncanny valley of "not recent enough" but can never be revisited because their game happens to be a SNES rather than NES game.

...maybe he'll consider a Game Boy retro character this time around if he doesn't remember Fighter Hayabusa or Star Man exist?

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team

Because Sakurai thinks that anything that isn't ancient history and cracks all over fall into the huge gapping uncanny valley of "not recent enough" but can never be revisited because their game happens to be a SNES rather than NES game.

...maybe he'll consider a Game Boy retro character this time around if he doesn't remember Fighter Hayabusa or Star Man exist?
The only consoles from Nintendo that exist (according to Sakurai)
NES, SNES, OG GameBoy, DS, 3DS, Wii U, Switch

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

He may look 25, but don't be fooled; he can "things were better back in my day" as well as any other old man. :p

D

Deleted member

He may look 25, but don't be fooled; he can "things were better back in my day" as well as any other old man. :p
Plot twist, Sakurai has eternal youth and he's developing Smash Bros. forever. That's why after making a 20+ million Smash Bros. Switch game, he's the president of Nintendo and made it a policy to cross-over everything.

Hey, magic happens.

D

Deleted member

man you are a debby downer, you know that?
Guess what? I am a debby downer too, so Rocket Raccoon is not alone.
I love Sakurai though. Hey, Sakurai gave us Smash Brothers. He could even give us stuff like Bandanna Dee and other lovely new Smash charters if he wanted to. He made Smash in Switch so we should be thankful. I really hope they add a new FE character, like Chrom or Lyn. I just feel like they need more FE characters.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Plot twist, Sakurai has eternal youth and he's developing Smash Bros. forever. That's why after making a 20+ million Smash Bros. Switch game, he's the president of Nintendo and made it a policy to cross-over everything.

Hey, magic happens.
Every game he doesn't put Ridley in as a playable character, the longer he lives.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
He feeds off the disappointment of Ridley fans. The salt after the Smash 4 shadow analysis is enough to fuel him for the next millennium.
We finally have an explanation. He's a vampire who feeds off of the sadness of Metroid fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom