• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Any other bosses you want to see in Spirits/Classic mode?

Like, maybe a return of Subspace Emissary bosses (including Tabuu), as well as a few new ones? Here's my suggestions for newcomers.

*Mother Beast Lusamine (Pokemon Sun/Moon) - Set in Ultra Space
*Mr. Sandman (Punch-Out!!) - Set in Boxing Ring
*Tiki Tong (Donkey Kong Country Returns) - Set in Volcano Stage
*Ruined Dragon (Super Mario Odyssey) - Set in Ruined Kingdom
*One of the Blight Ganons (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
*Sahelanthropus (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
*M. Bison (Street Fighter)

I also would hope that, in easier modes, you could battle Rathalos with Felyne assistants.
Giygas
Ice Climber condor or polar bear, but big like Ridley
One of the bosses from Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
*Mother Beast Lusamine (Pokemon Sun/Moon) - Set in Ultra Space
Wouldn't it be funny if we did get Mother Beast Lusamine as a boss fight but instead of her fighting herself she just sends out her regular team against you in a gauntlet?

On one hand, it'd actually be a really neat boss fight in its own right. But on the other hand, it'd be such a huge missed opportunity like it already was in SM.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Can't wait for this one to be broken so I can watch everyone be shocked... for the 100th time.

Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. It's the trap everyone keeps throwing themselves into.

I said it once before and everyone was acting like I was saying something ridiculously obvious and then went back to doing it lmao
What makes it more solid is that we know this weeks music was meant for the 5th character given the breaks in the update numbers (been breaks before but not any this large). What also helps is that we have enough series left to be able to say the website will keep the same pattern. There are about 10 series that will likely get music: Star Fox, Pokemon, Earthbound, Kid Icarus, Wario, Sonic, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, Punch Out and "Classic Nintendo" (basically lumping IC, Duck Hunt, ROB and G&W). At the very least, we will get one more new series. The last two Smash games added new series late into its hype cycle (Pikmin and Xenoblade).

I should note its possible for there to be overlap. There was on the Wii U site with Mario. It could be the same case here but it would likely only be once. The songs were from Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Super Mario 3D Land (so a spin off and mainline). Its always possible for these things to be wrong and they usually are. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here. What I think helps this on is that we are more than half way done and we haven't had any overlap and we know the next newcomer will have music.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What makes it more solid is that we know this weeks music was meant for the 5th character given the breaks in the update numbers (been breaks before but not any this large). What also helps is that we have enough series left to be able to say the website will keep the same pattern. There are about 10 series that will likely get music: Star Fox, Pokemon, Earthbound, Kid Icarus, Wario, Sonic, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, Punch Out and "Classic Nintendo" (basically lumping IC, Duck Hunt, ROB and G&W). At the very least, we will get one more new series. The last two Smash games added new series late into its hype cycle (Pikmin and Xenoblade).

I should note its possible for there to be overlap. There was on the Wii U site with Mario. It could be the same case here but it would likely only be once. The songs were from Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Super Mario 3D Land (so a spin off and mainline). Its always possible for these things to be wrong and they usually are. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here. What I think helps this on is that we are more than half way done and we haven't had any overlap and we know the next newcomer will have music.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that we don't actually know that. All we can do is speculate. That, and anything derived from the missing blog posts, is just conjecture.

If I was doing the blog, I'd probably pick a different series each time for the sake of keeping it interesting instead of it being a buncha zelda tunes or something, but a new Zelda track attached to Skull Kid, for example, would still be keeping it interesting.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna go ahead and say that we don't actually know that. All we can do is speculate. That, and anything derived from the missing blog posts, is just conjecture.
Well, this is a thread almost entirely dedicated to speculation. Par for the course.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Thinking about Bosses in the game, would Tabuu make an appearance? I have this gut feeling he is back...Everyone is here after all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, this is a thread almost entirely dedicated to speculation. Par for the course.
Yes, which is why I never say we "know" something when we don't haha.
It's not a strong enough reason to find a damning pattern in the music.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I can't wait to see the chaos if we get a Zelda character who isn't Skull Kid or a Pokemon who isn't Incineroar, just because so many people are proclaiming they're locks when nothing is set in stone.

When Toon Link and Alphonzo join the battle, Skull Kid is in charge of the train.
Skull Kid: Leave it to me!
Give me TINGLE!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
By how long...? Cause I can handle it if it’s a week or a week and a half
Uhh....let's say 20XX. Because by that point everyone will have perfected Melee and will need a new game to master, so it'll be the perfect marketing move if they want this game to have a long competitive life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wouldn't it be funny if we did get Mother Beast Lusamine as a boss fight but instead of her fighting herself she just sends out her regular team against you in a gauntlet?

On one hand, it'd actually be a really neat boss fight in its own right. But on the other hand, it'd be such a huge missed opportunity like it already was in SM.
Honestly, I want to battle the Mother Beast, one on one. See what the unholy fusion of Ultra Beast and human is capable of. The anime actually touched up a little bit on Lusamine's powers in this form. It seems so perfect in this environment.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah yes, Spoilers of 2+ year old games vs leaks of an unreleased NDA-bound project.

Yuuuup same thing
I give up. :facepalm:

The Mother 3 thing still holds true, however.

Can't wait for this one to be broken so I can watch everyone be shocked... for the 100th time.

Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. It's the trap everyone keeps throwing themselves into.

I said it once before and everyone was acting like I was saying something ridiculously obvious and then went back to doing it lmao
This kind of occurrence is why I think Sakurai could even manage to bring a character from a stone-dead IP from a stone dead company, regardless of how many people think that it's impossible. The man has no limits, but the sky.

Although the topics go off the rails to the point that they go into multi-track drifting.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

Knowing TPCI and Game Freak by extension, if they didn't allow it in SM, they probably won't allow it in here.
It's just odd to me that they basically built up that form as a final boss, and then I feel like they were against the idea of using Pokémon against actual trainers, so they just changed direction and made her an actual trainer. It just made that entire build up feel meaningless, especially noting how crazy it was that a Pokémon bonded with a human.
And not to mention, it's not like they're not okay with Pokémon fighting actual humans since they do here in Smash and occasionally in the anime. I'll always be dumbfounded by that decision.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Knowing TPCI and Game Freak by extension, if they didn't allow it in SM, they probably won't allow it in here.
It's just odd to me that they basically built up that form as a final boss, and then I feel like they were against the idea of using Pokémon against actual trainers, so they just changed direction and made her an actual trainer. It just made that entire build up feel meaningless, especially noting how crazy it was that a Pokémon bonded with a human.
And not to mention, it's not like they're not okay with Pokémon fighting actual humans since they do here in Smash and occasionally in the anime. I'll always be dumbfounded by that decision.
My guess is that they want you to be able to use every pokemon form you encounter, so they didn't want to make a pokemon form that exists only as a boss fight and can't be obtained later on.

Not that I agree at all with that decision.

Shroob

Sup?
So now I'm confused.

Just HOW many days were skipped?

I understand that 4 posts are mandatory for:

Site has been updated
Reveal Trailer
Gameplay Trailer
Memories

But is it actually not unreasonable to expect an Echo now as well?

kylexv

Smash Master
Based on that whole missing number thing, it's likely that the original schedule was this (before the direct got delayed):

• Friday, 9/7: Newcomer Trailer, Newcomer video, and Newcomer memory (134-136)
  • Monday, 9/10: Another new character? (Maybe an echo?) (137)
  • Tuesday, 9/11: Toon Link and Toon Link memory (138 + 139)
  • Wednesday, 9/12: Music Track and stage/assist trophy related to newcomer? (140 + 141)
  • Thursday, 9/13: Bowser (142)
  • Friday, 9/14: Nothing substantial? (143)
  • Monday, 9/17: Nothing substantial? (144)
  • Tuesday, 9/18: Nothing substantial? (145)
  • Wednesday, 9/19: Pikmin Song (146)
Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom