• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Magolor really needs to get in Smash, since it’s his only hope in trying to get people to spell his name right. :p

Seriously tho, it does seem like he’s had more support out of the Kirby villains in the time period that would be relevant for roster selection.

Marx still has the advantage of Super Star being “The Kirby Game” making it permanently relevant and popular, though, although the fact that you don’t see him until the end of the game might hurt his chances (while Magolor is seen at the very beginning of RtDL and his presence in gameplay isn’t optional like BWD’s.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You intended that as a joke

People genuinely want that...
Dark Pit
Dark Samus
Dark Meta Knight?

Are their any other dark characters I should know about?

OH COME ON

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm kinda confused with the compared to Snake thing...
Ridley looks super realistic in Ultimate compared to Snake (who’s supposed to be the most realistic character in the game)
Really? The EVO fiasco has nothing to do with stage legality, move on already, it is nothing new, watch M2K VS Vinnie.

Pokemon Stadium 1 is a counterpick stage that likely stays for the sake of variety, otherwise it is 5 stages. Many Melee players have expressed the stage would be much better if it had no transformations. I guess PS1 stayed legal in Brawl as a CP to ICs. Brawl had a more "liberal" stage list compared to modern standards, but PS1's issues were never camping strictly. PS2 has always been banned.

Camping also depends on MUs. Ex. circle camping Mac on BF with a mobile character, projectile characters on FD have no reason to approach, or timing out Kirby on any stage.
in a stupid but not too surprising way it kinda does, since that moment alone is proof that any competitive stage can have camping occur (I would’ve brought up anything that lead to the banishment of the legendary Duck Hunt stage...but those were sad memories)

Though of course...I’ve ran out of words to think of

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Another Kirby fighter who isn't BD?

If this isn't fake...

First of all, I be very sad for BD supporter and Japan as a whole. (They WANT the little guy, there he is like mega popular)

Second of all...

:lol:

Maybe it could be Dark Matter? Please?
If Dark Matter gets in then that means my precious Brawl 0^2 theme will be thrown away to be remixed.
That banger will never be erased as long as I ****ing breathe.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If Dark Matter gets in then that means my precious Brawl 0^2 theme will be thrown away to be remixed.
That banger will never be erased as long as I ****ing breathe.
Huh...why would they remix Zero-Two theme instead of Dark Matter Blade theme? Or even Dark Matter/Zero first theme?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Huh...why would they remix Zero-Two theme instead of Dark Matter Blade theme? Or even Dark Matter/Zero first theme?
Zero is related, if Castlevania got mother****ing 30-something tracks how many Dark Matter and Zero themes am I supposed to expect to get done?
Can't trust anything. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Zero is related, if Castlevania got mother****ing 30-something tracks how many Dark Matter and Zero themes am I supposed to expect to get done?
Can't trust anything. :p
I feel like we would get a medley of all the Dark Matter themes remixed if Dark Matter was revealed as a character (O2 theme would be safe in that case imo), but we are never sure I guess.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pfft... What idiots. Who'd want a mere "evil" version of already playable charact--

...........oh
Why are Boshi's toenails translucent?
Someone decided to lower the opacity of Boshi's ****ing toenails.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ocarina of Time: MILF Ninja Lady who taught Zelda the know-how
Skyward Sword: An actual warrior

Literally any other Zelda: "Can you help an old lady cross the street?"
Oracle of Seasons/Ages: Large and in charge

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You all want Bandana Dee, but has anyone considered...
BandanaDedede.png

Bandana Dedede? It's basically the same thing but triple the D!

I might be having too much fun with my image editor today.

D

Deleted member

Another Kirby fighter who isn't BD?

If this isn't fake...

First of all, I be very sad for BD supporter and Japan as a whole. (They WANT the little guy, there he is like mega popular)

Second of all...

:lol:

Maybe it could be Dark Matter? Please?
If it's not Waddle Dee, it's Magolor.
Who is *also* someone Japan really wants.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Not getting Bandana Dee, but getting Magolor, who is my second most wanted, would make me feel pretty weird lol.

But yeah... nobody is talking about it on gamefaqs and that's like THE Vergeben place, so...

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not getting Bandana Dee, but getting Magolor, who is my second most wanted would make me feel pretty weird lol.

But yeah... nobody is talking about it on gamefaqs and that's like THE Vergeben place, so...
That's because the image is a fake per usual. 4chan just laughing at us.

But the joke is I was already laughing at myself and my miserable level of play in Melee, so JOKES ON THEM!!!

*awkward transition to commercial break*

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
since that moment alone is proof that any competitive stage can have camping occur
Obviously, if the two players are being total asses and just goofing off live on-stage.

By that logic, a tiny 1 meter platform in the middle of nowhere could promote camping, but we don't talk about that because it's not realistic and doesn't add anything to the conversation.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
What if we just get a normal Waddle Dee?

Can you imagine?
I mean, that sorta already happened in Kirby Battle Royale, where BWD is a significant NPC that fights in battles alongside Kirby in the story mode but isn’t actually playable, while his moveset clone, Normal Waddle Dee, is playable...

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Obviously, if the two players are being total ***** and just goofing off live on-stage.

By that logic, a tiny 1 meter platform in the middle of nowhere could promote camping, but we don't talk about that because it's not realistic and doesn't add anything to the conversation.
What we really need is those giant energy spheres that fall on you in Trophy Rush if you stay in one place for too long, but in competitive play, adjusted so that the player can’t only move slightly to prevent them from spawning, and color coded such that they only hurt the player they were aimed at. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oracle of Seasons/Ages: Large and in charge
bestimpaever2.jpg

It helps that her design looks completely formiddable as a fighter while having the potential to do ninja moves, using the naginata from HW, and still use magic. Heck, her veil resembles Young Zelda's from OOT, meaning an easy to recycle Kirby Hat asset if they wanted to.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 158798
It helps that her design looks completely formiddable as a fighter while having the potential to do ninja moves, using the naginata from HW, and still use magic. Heck, her veil resembles Young Zelda's from OOT, meaning an easy to recycle Kirby Hat asset if they wanted to.
Jesus that lady needs some decency. Does underwear not exist in Hyrule?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
so did vergeben actually say the waddle dee thing?

i see a thread on 4chan right now saying hes hinting at dante but im thinking these are fake without a source to his actual posts. its not hard to fake a screenshot of a single gamefaqs post...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
-Looks at the Gerudo- Probably not.
Gerudo are weird from an evolution standpoint. It's so weird how they have to get husbands from other parts of the world but their offspring is still just pure Gerudo. This stuff is so mind boggling, but Impa still needs some decency.

Noipoi

Howdy!

i see a thread on 4chan right now saying hes hinting at dante but im thinking these are fake without a source to his actual posts. its not hard to fake a screenshot of a single gamefaqs post...
I think 4chan's just trying to trick people.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gerudo are weird from an evolution standpoint. It's so weird how they have to get husbands from other parts of the world but their offspring is still just pure Gerudo. This stuff is so mind boggling, but Impa still needs some decency.
They can at least cover her up a bit. But yeah, I love this design of hers. Besides, we rarely have heavyset women playable in fighting games. And I don't simply mean having some weight to them in general in a platform fighter(like if Samus wasn't as light). But something more like Bowser is, but female, in that sense. It's an underutilized character design. Probably due to "not being attractive enough", but still. It also means we can give credit to PSASBR for one thing, Fat Princess playable.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They can at least cover her up a bit. But yeah, I love this design of hers. Besides, we rarely have heavyset women playable in fighting games. And I don't simply mean having some weight to them in general in a platform fighter(like if Samus wasn't as light). But something more like Bowser is, but female, in that sense. It's an underutilized character design. Probably due to "not being attractive enough", but still. It also means we can give credit to PSASBR for one thing, Fat Princess playable.
Nintendo Power confirmed Bowser had a wife.
Mrs. Bowser as an Echo when?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nintendo Power confirmed Bowser had a wife.
Mrs. Bowser as an Echo when?
When pigs fly.

-Looks at Ridley playable-

Eh, close enough. I don't think it'd be too hard to pull something design-wise like they did for Wendy. A few feminine differences. A bow, some blush stickers, maybe remove the spikes and reduce the strength of those kinds of moves that involve them...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I honestly think the Dante thing is a meme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom