• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Here's a question.

If Isaac gets in, what would his stage be? To make this challenging, it can't be a lighthouse.
I've only played Dark Dawn so these aren't really for Isaac, but just my ideas for Golden sun stages:
Lookout Cabin
the main characters home. and decent potential for platforms.

Belinsk Opera House
Inside the opera house, fighting on top of some platform and chandeliers. monsters and NPC's fighting on the Scene. In front of the scene there's an orchestra pit with musician's doing stuff slightly inspired by the Culture Advanced commercial. Crystallux would appear now and then as either as boss or just doing stuff in the background.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Minor observation. I was watching Simon’s character vid and saw his tether on the ledge. However, he doesn’t have a tether grab or a tether special. Is he just pressing z? What’s going on there?
He can probably grab with his aerials. Maybe they can magnet to ledges - Ivy/ZSS/Olimar did with their upB in Brawl, and Shiek’s sideB could too.
It would make more sense for Bandana Dee to have Peach's Parasol move as his Up+B, because Parasols are something Waddle Dees can have.

He wouldn't be able to have Inhale (no mouth) or Stone, so those would have to change, other than that it's not impossible for Waddle Dee to be a Kirby clone.

Parasol Waddle Dee even already existed in Smash Run... so... yeah.
I’d love to get the parasol item back. It was great seeing characters float who don’t usually.
1534544738522.jpeg

I really would like to see :ultkrool::ultridley: floating with a parasol...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bandanna Dee wouldn’t really be an echo at that point though if you give him animations from other Kirby games. and keep moved from other fighters.
Damn I didn't know FE Binding Blade and FE Radian(ce/t) were the same games.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Maybe the account he made earlier was on Funnyjunk or 9GAG or something :troll:
Panel 1: Isaac walks in
Panel 2: He talks to Skull Kid sitting down in that room where Sakurai was
Panel 3: He talks to Shadow
Panel 4: He sees Waluigi laying down in a bed crying as Isaac is about to cry as well.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
He can probably grab with his aerials. Maybe they can magnet to ledges - Ivy/ZSS/Olimar did with their upB in Brawl, and Shiek’s sideB could too.

I’d love to get the parasol item back. It was great seeing characters float who don’t usually.
View attachment 158411
I really would like to see :ultkrool::ultridley: floating with a parasol...
Ashley with a parasol? It'd actually make since, considering she had one in her Game And Wario Cutscene.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Meh… the leaker just said it was fake. He didn't even wait the 8 hours himself. What was the point of making such fake leak then lol. I can't say i expected anything different anyways.
Man I hate these dumb kids, why even bother, I've never got the fake leaker cultrue.

That's why I've never really liked Smashified, the art is good (sometimes) but in was founded on the whole "haha fooled ya" culture that while in good fun is obnoxious.

D

Deleted member

Peoppe are expecting too much variance on Echoes when Chrom only has one(1) different move. Characters stop being Echoes if they dom't share a single special and by that point you might as well make them unique.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee can easily be an Echo of Kirby with Shield Breaker. Ganon and Dark Samus got shafted in the same manner, and they're far more noteworthy in their own series than him.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Meh… the leaker just said it was fake. He didn't even wait the 8 hours himself. What was the point of making such fake leak then lol. I can't say i expected anything different anyways.
I could be wrong, but to me tt seems like with leaks, the more information and details given, the more likely it's fake

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Because it "disrespects the character" by making him a clone. Because we all know Sakurai holds his characters dear and would never simply copy a character for the sake of time. I mean, why would they ever tarnish the well-DESERVED right to have every move be completely unique from all else on this one singular character? That's just-

:ultganondorf::ultdarksamus:

well ****

Exactly my pointXDDD

I'm getting a ton of quotes and this website is way too slow to respond to everyone, but is it really so hard to imagine Waddle Dee would be an echo?

I mean come on, smash bros does not exactly always have the most representative movesets for characters and we've already had plenty of clones/echoes that support this.

I'm not saying i like the idea, I'm saying I could see it happen, especially if Sakurai wants to dedicate more time on other unique character who take precedent for him.

ImajinForSmash

Smash Rookie
I think echoes should just have one or two different attacks with the rest of the moves being grounded in whatever clone they’re copying from although with different properties attributed to them.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Panel 4: He sees Waluigi laying down in a bed crying as Isaac is about to cry as well.
Who's ready for Control-Alt-DeLeak?
That was literally the first thing I said in the writers' discord, I **** you not

D

Deleted member

>people still think Ganondorf's moveset doesn't fit him
>People think that Bandana Dee is the same as a character with the same name and proportions as Samus
>People think Bandana Dee is round
Have you guys ever, like, played a videogame?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d
Loz18? More like Loss18. :troll:

Re: Bandana Dee being an Echo - I’m sorry but no matter how I approach it in my mind I just don’t see it as feasible.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So on the topic of Bandanna Dee, does anyone see him as a possible Luigified-clone instead of an Echo?

ImajinForSmash

Smash Rookie
>People think that Bandana Dee is the same as a character with the same name and proportions as Samus
Hope often overshadows rational thought.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bandana Dee can easily be an Echo of Kirby with Shield Breaker. Ganon and Dark Samus got shafted in the same manner, and they're far more noteworthy in their own series than him.
Oh my god how ****ing petty do you have to be to think that because Melee is a rushed mess and Ganondorf's popularity made Sakurai look to see if he could be a cheap and quick addition is the same thing as a game with significantly smoother development and having a character who's entire shtick is a spear and only giving them a single move with said spear
Exactly my pointXDDD

I'm getting a ton of quotes and this website is way too slow to respond to everyone, but is it really so hard to imagine Waddle Dee would be an echo?

I mean come on, smash bros does not exactly always have the most representative movesets for characters and we've already had plenty of clones/echoes that support this.

I'm not saying i like the idea, I'm saying I could see it happen, especially if Sakurai wants to dedicate more time on other unique character who take precedent for him.
Except the point of Echoes is adding a cheap clone who has the same moveset but tweaked to show their personality more. Having a hammer and the Stone simply does not work for Bandana Dee, Dark Samus has the argument that it's literally an evil version of Samus with her abilities, Bandana Dee doesn't HAVE that.

Noipoi

Howdy!

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d
Is this loz?
This is a reference to "Is this Loss?" a saying related to the Loss meme. I know who loz18 is.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oh my god how ****ing petty do you have to be to think that because Melee is a rushed mess and Ganondorf's popularity made Sakurai look to see if he could be a cheap and quick addition is the same thing as a game with significantly smoother development and having a character who's entire shtick is a spear and only giving them a single move with said spear

Except the point of Echoes is adding a cheap clone who has the same moveset but tweaked to show their personality more. Having a hammer and the Stone simply does not work for Bandana Dee, Dark Samus has the argument that it's literally an evil version of Samus with her abilities, Bandana Dee doesn't HAVE that.

You didn't read my last post then, cause he'd have none of that. Never said he'd be a carbon copy

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Maybe the account he made earlier was on Funnyjunk or 9GAG or something :troll:
I think Loz’s leaking has come to an end. It seems he’s in the same position as all of us.

Unless he’s making a comic on all the newcomers or something. I doubt.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I just wish these two would provide more info besides, "Incineroar and Skull Kid could be in Smash!" They're not stating which of their sources made the claims and what these sources have gotten right before. We're basically trusting them to be correct because of their short record with this game.

If I have to make a leap of faith on a character, I'd rather have some supporting evidence to fall back on. That's all I'm asking for.
If a leaker has to get other reliable leakers to verify his own claims, then that probably means he doesn't fully trust his sources.

In other words, Verge shouldn't be "leaking" confirmed and disconfirmed characters if he still has doubts. At the very least, he should be upfront and voice his concerns when he makes these leaks instead of trying to secretly contact other leakers. Might not look as impressive if his leaks end up being true, but at least he would gain respect from people for being honest and not trying to come across as a powerful, all-knowing prophet.
Vergeben was always upfront about lacking confidence in Incineroar because he lacked corroboration on him and deliberately avoided releasing the name of Incineroar to keep it from spreading when he was unsure of it, while Incineroar's name only came out because Loz leaked their PM where Vergeben was checking to see if he heard anything about Incineroar. Vergeben was never going around saying "I think Incineroar could be in Smash!", and with the Smash info he has claimed, he always been all in on it; he repeatedly doubled down on Ridley, no cuts, Snake, and Belmont, and confidently stated Isabelle is in and any roster leak without her was false. Of all things to criticize Vergeben for, it certainly isn't because he pussyfoots around with his Smash information.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>People think vidya development goes like X because Y doesn't make sense
Untitled.jpg

That's why I specifically mentioned time. Does Sakurai have enough time to pour in on Bandana (implying he's even in) at the same level of unique characters? It's up to debate, but to say Bandana Dee can't be an Echo is delusional thinking.

:ultchrom: hey remember when i was supposed to be ike

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think Loz’s leaking has come to an end. It seems he’s in the same position as all of us.

Unless he’s making a comic on all the newcomers or something. I doubt.
There's a 99% chance he's doing this for fun

But there's a part of me that really wants the next big "real" leak to be in comic form
because holy **** my sides

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You didn't read my last post then, cause he'd have none of that. Never said he'd be a carbon copy
But Echo fighters ARE carbon copies. Your idea is that he has the samd moves but with a spear, which means an extra model to place and animate at all times, adding in the spear's hitboxes and completely changing the attack animations so they look natural. At that point, you're already making a unique character but with the same specials Kirby uses, why would an Echo fighter be THAT radically different? This isn't even a Fox/Falco thing, everything would be different to the point nearly nothing is the same

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There's a 99% chance he's doing this for fun

But there's a part of me that really wants the next big "real" leak to be in comic form
because holy **** my sides
Well yeah obviously,

But after him getting caught or (ninja’d) I think his source was either found or his source just made less contact with him since they’re both waking on thin ice, effectively ending Loz’s leaking career.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace

lol I don't want him as an echo, I want him as a unique fighter, I'm just saying an Echo for Kirby can work if it comes down to it.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Food for thought, after a debate with a friend.

Sonic Adventure 2 was developed by Sonic Team USA.

Shadow was, as far as I am aware, created by Japanese artists.

Would Shadow be considered a western character if he was added in? I would say being created by Japanese artists would make him Japanese, even if the game he was introduced in was developed by Americans.
Sonic Team USA was literally a branch of Sonic Team that fled to the United States and set up shop in San Francisco, they were led by Takashi Iizuka.

This portion of the team originally worked on the localization of Sonic Adventure, did things like bug fixes and polishing to get it ready for release in the States. After the release of the Dreamcast in the USA and Sonic Adventure International they got started on the development of Sonic Adventure 2. The art, development, script and everything else (even the cutscenes were animated with the Japanese voices in mind, that’s why the English version has the infamous sync issues and mistranslations) were all Japanese made so that would make Shadow a Japanese creation.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Game_Development:Sonic_Adventure_2

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
People think the 10 PM Bomb Blush Rush leak is discounted because the guy posted that he's fake doesn't know that random people started impersonating him by copying 4chan's tripcode, it's almost certainly fake but I wouldn't call it dead 100% definitively yet - it seemed a bunch of random people just started spouting off nonsense with the same tripcode.

Granted, that list would make almost everyone happy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
>People think vidya development goes like X because Y doesn't make sense
View attachment 158419

That's why I specifically mentioned time. Does Sakurai have enough time to pour in on Bandana (implying he's even in) at the same level of unique characters? It's up to debate, but to say Bandana Dee can't be an Echo is delusional thinking.

:ultchrom:hey remember when i was supposed to be ike
So it's delusional to think a character who almost exclusively use a spear to only have 1 attack with a spear and then turn unto ****ing stone? Does auntie Gwen need to show you a dictionary?
Sakurai said he couldn't think of a way to implement Chrom other than a mix of Ike and Marth. And hey, what do you know, that's what he did for Roy. And remind me, who is Chrom based off of in Smash?
lol I don't want him as an echo, I want him as a unique fighter, I'm just saying an Echo for Kirby can work if it comes down to it.
This is ****ing ridiculous. I suppose if I put jam on a brick I can use it to travel through time too

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If anybody saw my post about loz18 speculating about Tom Nook, I apologize if I mislead anyone. I worded it wrong, and loz18 was not saying that Tom would be in the game. He was saying that if he were to speculate on any new echo fighters, Tom would be one of his speculations. Again, I apologize if I mislead anyone with the way I worded it, and I've requested that the post be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom