• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't understand the sudden surge of support for Black Shadow but **** it I'm riding this rainbow till the end of time. Or December. Or a reveal.
One of the three.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make a Yoshi echo that's a blue Yoshi

Because did anyone use any OTHER Yoshi in Mario World than the Blue Yoshi?

It's the superior breed of Yoshi

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Which is fine; but don't reply back to me if you do not care about my main intentions of the post since that's just outright rude. Just talk about Chrom in general. Replying back gives me a notification and I did not care about the specifics of echoes as outlined and also gives the false intentions that you wanted me to read something I did not care to discuss. See what I did there?
I replied to your post that mentioned the up b thing, because I also wanted to talk about the up b. You seem upset that you didnt get the reply you were looking for, and that's fine, but I don't care. My posting was still relevant to what was being talked about.

If anything is rude, it's you attacking me for replying to your post in the manner that you did. Either way, I've already told you why I made the post. If you didnt care to continue that convo you could just ignore it.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
This is going to be me if the Deathborn reveal is real and this is going to still be all of you looking at me weird
wow, even if I never owned Fzero GX, I remeber playing it enough to teh point i managed to beat deathborn (That race was hard!) but i didn't remebered such.... campiness.

I love it XD

Okay, well, with that out of the way, what have I missed here? Any new interesting things spotted in the background of the direct? Noteworthy move set analysis?(like K. Rool DSmash buries)

Moon replaces Skull Kid. So, that makes me wonder about his potential reveal.
Still no Shadow AT. That’s neat, right?

Chrom is a hybrid Echo. Now it seems like every clone that enters Ultimate will be considered an echo. Not as clean cut as we assumed.

I noted that the K. Rool boxing glove punch against Bowser is his FSmash because of the twinkle from his and Bowser’s. He also seems to have slightly more range.
Each time I saw the Blunderbuss suck something in, he shot at an upward angle. Can’t tell if that was a tilted aim or upward is just automatic(would suck, kinda).
Dash Attack is armored(at least on the gold belly).
He uses an aerial, but so can’t tell if it’s Fair or RAR Bair. He does seem to turn round in the animation for it.

Don’t even know how to talk about the crazy Belmont moveset.
there is this still thing that i haven't seen people talk about... but what's about donkey kong boxing gloves at the end of the Krool trailer?... an alt costume?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
That's just K Rool for ya. He's always been bursting at the seems with personality. The trailer didn't make him look better than he is, it just presented him faithfully. All hail our new crocodile overlord.
Well, there's a "mysterious" new mode nobody can explain the purpose of, but Sakurai and his team blurred it out.

Zoomed it, it clearly says "Spirits", but nobody knows what this really means.
Collecting spirits of locked characters and returning them to their bodies? Hopefully it’s an adventurous mode or it would go to waste pretty quickly. (Clarifying this is just a thought.)

Wambo

Smash Ace
Say what you want about Undertale, I think sans or Papyrus would actually make a kickass assist trophy. They could fling bones and **** at you from the sides of the screen that you have to dodge/jump over.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The problem with that leak is that it says ONLY Richter is playable.
I wouldn’t rule it out just yet. Though the only two major things are gardevoir (meh) and a second Mario (would we really be shocked?)

The major thing w/ the four big leaks is looking at what’s left instead of what isn’t. It’s helped my mind a lot these past 48 hours.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Another small point for the Gardevoir/Gothitelle leak

This game clearly has a Heroes vs villains/rival theme. Gardevoir and Gothitelle could very easily be rivals. One is peaceful psychic type while the other is evil dark type.

When the leak was posted(July 1) there was no Heroes vs Villains yet so it makes the leak a bit more credible since it makes sense and the leaker wasn't trying to copy a trend.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Eh I still think you're grossly overestimating how popular Shante is, there's still other series like Undertale or Cave story that are on par if not more popular than Shovel Knight
Is Shantae even near the popularity of either of those? Cave Story has proven itself timeless, been remade multiple times, gotten a Nintendo exclusive 3D remake even, appeared in multiple crossovers, was the go-to example of the most iconic indie before Shovel Knight. I'm not into Shantae so maybe I'm ignorant, but is Shantae really on Cave Story's level?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
wow, even if I never owned Fzero GX, I remeber playing it enough to teh point i managed to beat deathborn (That race was hard!) but i didn't remebered such.... campiness.

I love it XD

there is this still thing that i haven't seen people talk about... but what's about donkey kong boxing gloves at the end of the Krool trailer?... an alt costume?
Donkey Kong 64 his boss battle involved him boxing in a ring. So, it’s a smash attack that nods to the game.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Collecting spirits of locked characters and returning them to their bodies? Hopefully it’s an adventurous mode or it would go to waste pretty quickly. (Clarifying this is just a thought.)
unlikely, i mean.. we would need an antagonist capable of harvesting the souls of fighters and taking them away, until a afighter might be able to beat him... but where we could find such an antagonist? and imagine the shock! if for example someone as loveable as luigi, get his souls ripped off in such a terrible fashion....

Not happening in smash!

oh wait...

Donkey Kong 64 his boss battle involved him boxing in a ring. So, it’s a smash attack that nods to the game.
Yeah.. K rool smash attack, but i meant Donkey Kong Boxing Gloves... are the ones he used in punch out?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I wouldn’t rule it out just yet. Though the only two major things are gardevoir (meh) and a second Mario (would we really be shocked?)

The major thing w/ the four big leaks is looking at what’s left instead of what isn’t. It’s helped my mind a lot these past 48 hours.
Oh yeah, I'm not trying to discredit it entirely. Mentioning Richter as playable is a pretty big point in its favor. I just thought I'd mention it for posterity's sake.

I'd be fine with Gardevoir, and if "Mario 2" is someone like Paper Mario I'd be down.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Gothitelle being a Gardevoir echo doesn't sound like something that'd really happen to me

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Is Shantae even near the popularity of either of those? Cave Story has proven itself timeless, been remade multiple times, gotten a Nintendo exclusive 3D remake even, appeared in multiple crossovers, was the go-to example of the most iconic indie before Shovel Knight. I'm not into Shantae so maybe I'm ignorant, but is Shantae really on Cave Story's level?
I love Shantae, but no, she isn't. I mean, on seniority (and Nintendo relevance) she's actually very very high on the list, her first game was a GBC exclusive and all that. But people overplay her chances a whole lot. I think she might get a Trophy? Or even get in as an assist? But playable? Nah. Same thing for Quote from Cave Story

epicgordan

Smash Ace
So wait, is Black Shadow seriously on the table for consideration here?

This really is starting to sound like the hayday of Brawl speculation.

Sakurai brining' errybody in that we've ever wanted.
Everybody. Except Waluigi, Ashley, Knuckles, Zero, Shovel Knight, Bomberman, and Mimikyu among presumably others.

Anyways, here's my best bets for newcomers: Incineroar, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, and Geno.

Echo Fighters are probably going to be Impa, Dixie Kong, Shadow, and Isabelle.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I don't understand the sudden surge of support for Black Shadow but **** it I'm riding this rainbow till the end of time. Or December. Or a reveal.
One of the three.
I'm honestly more surprised I haven't heard anyone to crazy for Labo Man to be honest. He definitely would work as that "how -did-they-get-added-again" type of character, but there are obvious reasons why he couldn't get in at the moment. The thought of him in Smash is ridiculous.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I love Shantae, but no, she isn't. I mean, on seniority (and Nintendo relevance) she's actually very very high on the list, her first game was a GBC exclusive and all that. But people overplay her chances a whole lot. I think she might get a Trophy? Or even get in as an assist? But playable? Nah. Same thing for Quote from Cave Story
I'm of the opinion (and was before Shovel Knight AT reveal) that Quote is the most likely Indie, but even then I agree he doesn't seem likely. I think Indies are gonna be AT at most (at least this time around).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The problem with that leak is that it says ONLY Richter is playable.
It's a demo build though. It's not the full game and doesn't have every character. The claim of Richter is still prominent enough for it to credible enough to become a "Leak" of Interest.
Also, final reveal is going to be someone mind-boggling. I'm thinking someone like Sora, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Dante, Lloyd & Heihachi together, etc.
I think Quote has a chance. It's horribly small, like a 0.01% chance, but I think it's definitely there. If we get an Indie rep, it's going to be him or Reimu.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Another small point for the Gardevoir/Gothitelle leak

This game clearly has a Heroes vs villains/rival theme. Gardevoir and Gothitelle could very easily be rivals. One is peaceful psychic type while the other is evil dark type.

When the leak was posted(July 1) there was no Heroes vs Villains yet so it makes the leak a bit more credible since it makes sense and the leaker wasn't trying to copy a trend.
Gardevoir is Psychic/Fairy
Gothitelle is pure Psychic

They're not rivals.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I replied to your post that mentioned the up b thing, because I also wanted to talk about the up b. You seem upset that you didnt get the reply you were looking for, and that's fine, but I don't care. My posting was still relevant to what was being talked about.

If anything is rude, it's you attacking me for replying to your post in the manner that you did. Either way, I've already told you why I made the post. If you didnt care to continue that convo you could just ignore it.
Which is exactly my point lol; my post wasn't entirely directed at you as you wasn't the one that originally brung up the Chrom thing; it was someone else then you also replied back to me discussing Chrom up-b which shouldn't have been brought up in the first place regarding me since it doesn't take away at all from my message and intent (what I'm suppose to do? What was the purpose? Am I suppose to say Okay? (Then it really becomes obvious that I didn't show interest). The point was that it shouldn't be the only thing brought up as well as it starts to go off-topic since I am getting replied back to by different people about something that originally had an different context. While it may interests you; you have to realize that you're also replying back to me (the person who's focus is entirely on something else) when I was showing disinterest of the subject and being dismissive of it outright and then other people replying back to me about the same cherry picked topic (from my point of view and from the origin of the replies). The problem wasn't you but it can snowball fast with multiple people replying back to me about a topic that has little meaning to my post and I'm not trying to block people due to getting multiple notifications. Talk about your interest; but please consider that you also replying to the person who had no interest in the topic itself about the said topic. (Don't hit the reply button from my message etc..) My best way would be to just block people indeed (I do like viewing people replies to me when it isn't coming from an origin which was derailing from the start...which is why it's not so simple to just ignore when I'm getting notifications ; but I best want to avoid that.

P.S I wasn't attacking you; I was being blunt. I'm not upset; just annoyed (that situation about cherry picking happens quite often) and I become blunt when annoyed.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
if we actually get black shadow i would be slightly mad that ganondorf didn't got more reworked.... considered that black shadow likely would end as a captain falcon clone ._.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Don't know if anyone else posted this already but it's important. Leak last month that had richter
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/
This guy doesn't seem that plausible. How was he able to get it? Pretty sure Nintendo dudes set it up. He would have had to hack the Switch and how the hell could he have done that? He also said "It wasn't right," meaning that it was Richter exclusively. Why would he not upload what he found?

I also like this quote.

So, you set up Nintendo Switches. While doing that you managed to get that build onto a PC, managed to unpack and decompile the gamefiles to data mine on whatever random computer they had there and while doing all of that, you want us to believe that somehow you did not manage to get a single screenshot of any of that out of there, let alone the ****ing build itself?
So what was your plan with this thread? Make yourself look like an incompetent ******? Make up a false story that made you look like an incompetent ******?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also, final reveal is going to be someone mind-boggling. I'm thinking someone like Sora, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Dante, Lloyd & Heihachi together, etc.

I think Quote has a chance. It's horribly small, like a 0.01% chance, but I think it's definitely there. If we get an Indie rep, it's going to be him or Reimu.
Ah, I didn't see that post of yours that you quoted. That's a fair explanation.

Also, I can only dream of the day Dante gets in Smash Bros. Either him or Sora (just going off your list alone) would be pretty damn satisfying.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Yeah I think we can safely ignore that Richter leak. Echo what Rocket Raccoon says above.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I know my colors when I see them, sorry.
*sigh* Look, Super Mario RPG was under MAJOR supervision by Nintendo, so even though Square developed the game (and created Boshi), they still didn't have creative control over the "Mario universe" rules at the time. Boshi is officially a Blue Yoshi

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Please, just for a sec let's think about the logistics of a guy sneaking a demo build out, there having no talks about it (he'd either need to steal the switch for himself or need to be very skilled to get the game out of the switch with very little time alone) and then being a proeminent dataminer all at the same time. There was a huge fuss when somebody just tried to take the Breath of the Wild demo two years ago. Seems very unlikely to me and dunno why it should be even remotely credible at all.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Also when is the next time we'll see a character? Math is useless when it comes to such a small sample size of 3 Directs. We know this isn't the last Smash Direct but I think we're gonna get one every month.

We only have 3 months and it's safe to assume there won't be a Direct in December.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Mario2 is the sort of thing I believe we've seen internally in the past. It doesn't necessarily mean another Mario echo. It is probably some leftover from menu code testing or the Mario in control configuration or something like that. Mario is in a lot of ways the "base" smash character so multiple references to him being left just lying around in code is really expected even if they aren't used for anything in the end.

I don't really believe the guy because if he really copied the demo he could easily post screens of everything by running it at home on his own hardware (if he's able to interpret the code to an extent to post what he has he has the skills to do that). That being said, that particular aspect of his "leak" doesn't really point to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom