• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did y'all have a take on the Skull Kid rumor?

I would like that to be true but I'm not betting money on it

Wambo

Smash Ace
WOO, that K.Rool trailer both physically and mentally drained me. I lost my friggin' mind, man. I couldn't stop thinking about it at work. Hell, I still can't even believe it. All of this doesn't feel real or even possible. I'm actually having a hard time accepting that this is reality. I keep checking the ****in' website to make sure I'm not dreaming...

Two down. One to go...

With K.Rool and Ridley in, Geno's chances are now... ASTRONOMICALLY high...
(Get it? Cuz stars?)

Michaelrexx

Smash Cadet
I noticed he does this a lot.

He was freaking out so much during the initial "Everyone Is Here" reveal trailer that he missed Pichu and Young Link when they were first shown off.

MARIO 2 CONFIRMED, BOYZ
GET HYPE
Lol but for real if it was something lame like Mario 64 Mario I would cry. It's gotta be paper Mario. If this is real of course

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Only very loosely. Chrom also doesn't throw his sword upwards before jumping, so it misses out on one of the few good properties of Ike's up b, clearing anyone standing too closely to ledge. Because he isnt separated from his sword, he might also miss out on the super armor ike gets to prevent himself from "losing" his sword. We'll have to see more I guess.
Yes, but no offense; what does you and others comment has to do with the substance of my post. Why are people only talking about the part in which I said "BASICALLY glorified alts"; not even I outright stated they're glorified alts. I find this to be cherry picking which is something people shouldn't do as I find that it basically railroads the entire subject of my post with me having to elaborate (talking) on Echoes even when the entire point was Sakurai acknowledging only brand new characters with entirely different concepts. It's find to point that out, but please try not make that as your only comment (is this suppose to be a counter-argument???) No, which is why cheery picking is flawed. This isn't entirely directed at you either, but people in general.

It's annoying and makes me not want to reply back as my interest was on Sakurai intentions not about the very nuances of Echoes themselves as shown in my intro sentences . Sakurai can obviously add 10 echoes to the game and will still know that people would want "new characters" hence why he made that PR statement of don't expect too many newcomers.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So wait, is Black Shadow seriously on the table for consideration here?

This really is starting to sound like the hayday of Brawl speculation.

Sakurai brining' errybody in that we've ever wanted.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Yes, but no offense; what does you and others comment has to do with the substance of my post. Why are people only talking about the part in which I said "BASICALLY glorified alts"; not even I outright stating they're glorified alts. I find this to be cherry picking which is something people shouldn't do as I find that it basically railroads the entire subject of my post with me having to elaborate (talking) on ... even when the entire point was Sakurai acknowledging only brand new characters with entirely different concepts. It's find to point that out, but please try not make that as your only comment; it's annoying and makes me not want to reply back as my interest was on Sakurai intentions not about the very nuances of Echoes themselves as shown in my intro sentences . Sakurai can obviously add 10 echoes to the game and will still know that people would want "new characters" hence why he made that PR statement of don't expect too many newcomers.
Because I honestly didnt care about the rest of your post. I just thought itd be neat to talk about the move in general since I haven't seen anyone else talk about it yet. Sorry if that rustled your jimmies, but I wasnt trying to argue with you about anything lol.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was about to say "There's no way we would possibly get Black Shadow and Shadow!" but I remembered we have Roy and Roy, so anything's possible.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Dark Samus looks awesome - it's idle and floatiness really make it look like an entirely new character. I love MP2 and MP3, so Im really hyped to play it. Plus, it's cool to have the Metroid Prime reincarnation playable.

Chrom is awesome too. The fact that he's an echo that seems to play somewhat different is really cool. I love using Roy, but I have more of an attachment to Chrom so I think I'll really like using him.

You know the main thing that I like about the five characters we got today?

No one has a gimmick. They're just new characters that look hella fun to play as. The most gimmicky thing seems to be the Belmont's reach, but that's just a cool play style really.

The Direct fully exceeded my expectations and I would be happy if that's it in terms of newcomers, which is a really cool place to be at.

That being said, I can't wait to see what else Sakurai has for us.

I think I'd be really content with three more newcomers and three more echoes.
Yeah out of everyone shown today, Chrom is who I'm most excited to play as. A Roy echo with no hilt sweetspot gimmick? Yes please

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Did y'all have a take on the Skull Kid rumor?

I would like that to be true but I'm not betting money on it
Why? I’d bet at least $10 Geno will be in.

We here at Smashboards use excuses like “logic” to deny likelihood of character appearances in the roster. But this is a game where tie wearing Gorilla’s fight tiny aliens that control tinier, but stronger, plant creatures that allegedly live at some point on earth.

Really, this is the fan service era of Smash and it’s hard to debate. Geno is highly requested and also loved by the God who blessed us with his creation, Smash.

K. Rool and Geno and Heihachi got costumes at around the same time in smash 4. Proves nothing, but dude...Chrom also got a mii costume and so did Knuckles. 3 out of 5 mii costumes were brought to life in the game and one is an assist. So, what? That also proves nothing against Geno. It just nudges is to have that hope.

But I’m not hoping. I’m betting on it. Geno and Heihachi. Bet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

No, it's just a discussion.
For some reason it's really hard to detect threads, really glad I searched before I went trying to make it.

I think Black Shadow would be really cool though, but that's probably because I may be the only one in here who watched the entire F-Zero anime from start to finish and know how fun of a character Black Shadow was.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is Tails still on Green Hill?

Because I have a sinking feeling that third party echos might not be casually revealed like Nintendo echoes.

Tails has been as long standing a request as Sonic was because of the Melee prank.

Could there be a Tails/Shadow reveal?
Tails has been seen on GHZ a few times, though so has Knuckles apparently

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay, guys where did this "Spirit" thing originate?? Did I miss a leak?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why? I’d bet at least $10 Geno will be in.

We here at Smashboards use excuses like “logic” to deny likelihood of character appearances in the roster. But this is a game where tie wearing Gorilla’s fight tiny aliens that control tinier, but stronger, plant creatures that allegedly live at some point on earth.

Really, this is the fan service era of Smash and it’s hard to debate. Geno is highly requested and also loved by the God who blessed us with his creation, Smash.

K. Rool and Geno and Heihachi got costumes at around the same time in smash 4. Proves nothing, but dude...Chrom also got a mii costume and so did Knuckles. 3 out of 5 mii costumes were brought to life in the game and one is an assist. So, what? That also proves nothing against Geno. It just nudges is to have that hope.

But I’m not hoping. I’m betting on it. Geno and Heihachi. Bet.
What? Is there some Geno rumor I don't know about?

All I heard was Skull Kid

Shroob

Sup?
No, it's just a discussion.
For some reason it's really hard to detect threads, really glad I searched before I went trying to make it.

I think Black Shadow would be really cool though, but that's probably because I may be the only one in here who watched the entire F-Zero anime from start to finish and now how fun of a character Black Shadow was.
Make that 2

Noipoi

Howdy!
I never knew K Rool was such a weirdo. He went from a character I don't care about to a character I might secondary main in like two minutes.
though that bad ass trailer definitely helped.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Don't know if anyone else posted this already but it's important. Leak last month that had richter
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/
I don't think we should give this the time of the day, it raises way more questions than answer them. First, guy... somehow got away with a copy of the demo build, nobody knows how, because he was apparently setting up Switches. Then he also is able to extract the code for the CSS, which somehow has mentions of Richter, but no Simon (like hell Simon wasn't considered before, he's the one without an echo symbol for a reason) and no Chrom.

This is too much bull****, guy just got really lucky with his Ritcher (and maybe K.Rool) guess (not counting Dark Samus because we all saw that coming from miles away)

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

In my eyes he's prime Echo fighter material, because what else would you do with him? But I think that would raise the question who would you pick for the F-Zero newcomer... You already know I prefer Deathborn to be that pick, but maybe Don Genie, Micheal Chain or Pico could fill in for that... I still think that Goroh would be too dumb to be honest, he's better as an assist trophy.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Seriously though, I'm drawing a blank when it comes to who could possibly be revealed next. I think Geno's chances are definitely way up there now, but he's the last one I could predict. I think Shadow and Black Shadow both have good chances as Echoes. The point someone brought up about how Black Shadow could inherit Ganondorf's old moves actually made a lot of sense.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I never knew K Rool was such a weirdo. He went from a character I don't care about to a character I might secondary main in like two minutes.
though that bad *** trailer definitely helped.
That's just K Rool for ya. He's always been bursting at the seems with personality. The trailer didn't make him look better than he is, it just presented him faithfully. All hail our new crocodile overlord.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I was about to say "There's no way we would possibly get Black Shadow and Shadow!" but I remembered we have Roy and Roy, so anything's possible.
Roy and Roy Koopa, Shadow and Black Shadow, Ryu and Ryu Hayabusa.

Call them Echo Names.

Shroob

Sup?
In my eyes he's prime Echo fighter material, because what else would you do with him? But I think that would raise the question who would you pick for the F-Zero newcomer... You already know I prefer Deathborn to be that pick, but maybe Don Genie, Micheal Chain or Pico could fill in for that... I still think that Goroh would be too dumb to be honest, he's better as an assist trophy.
I mean, F-Zero doesn't really 'need' a newcomer if we just make Black Shadow an Echo.

Mario hasn't gotten one and we have Daisy in.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, there's a "mysterious" new mode nobody can explain the purpose of, but Sakurai and his team blurred it out.

Zoomed it, it clearly says "Spirits", but nobody knows what this really means.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tails has been seen on GHZ a few times, though so has Knuckles apparently
Considering the Moon assist trophy, Toon Link, etc.

I don't think it necessarily negates or rules a character out to be on a stage and also have another role in the game.

Hell if Skull Kid rumor/leak is true then Moon is present three times most likely.

And I doubt Moon being an assist would mean anything for Skull Kid's possible Final Smash.

Remember there's a smaller version of Olimar's Final Smash as an item.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Chrom is still in Robin's FS but also playable.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Because I honestly didnt care about the rest of your post. I just thought itd be neat to talk about the move in general since I haven't seen anyone else talk about it yet. Sorry if that rustled your jimmies, but I wasnt trying to argue with you about anything lol.
Which is fine; but don't reply back to me if you do not care about my main intentions of the post since that's just outright rude. Just talk about Chrom in general. Replying back gives me a notification and I did not care about the specifics of echoes as outlined and also gives the false intentions that you wanted me to read something I did not care to discuss or read. See what I did there?

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I mean, F-Zero doesn't really 'need' a newcomer if we just make Black Shadow an Echo.

Mario hasn't gotten one and we have Daisy in.
F-Zero actually kinda does since it has 0 new reps since Smash 64 and I think it would help revive interest in the franchise. If Metroid can get an Echo and a newcomer, then F-Zero can too...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I also wouldn't be shocked if Isabelle is an original newcomer, but we get a Tom Nook echo.

He actually does make a little more sense for Villager. Building a house as a Final Smash? Using various items from across the series? That actually does fit him as he's been the primary shop owner and real estate person of the series.

He also fits Villager's pre-New Leaf look easier than Isabelle due to having been in the series since the beginning.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Should have been at my house then, I was going HAM there

Also what would you think of an underrepped franchise getting a new echo fighter but not a new rep? I kinda feel it's a bit of rubbing salt in the wound, especially since I know that one of those franchise would be F-Zero, but Earthbound fans could kinda share the pain...
Not an Earthbound fan, but I would of love to play as Kumatora as an echo, maybe it's still possible

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
What? Is there some Geno rumor I don't know about?

All I heard was Skull Kid
Rumors? Yeah, but nothing important.

I’m just sayin my from my perspective, it looks like Geno is in. That isn’t in any way proven. I have no definitive evidence.

3 big characters people want in. Ridley, K. Rool, Geno. One left. K. Rool and Chrom both had mii costumes. Both are in. Knuckles, too, even though he got shafted a bit. But we know Geno had a mii costume and we haven’t seen his AT. So, I think he’s in. Because I don’t believe for a second he wouldn’t be in at all. Not after Sakurai claimed to want him in Smash 4.

Now, where did I hear Sakurai wanted Geno? On a forum. That is all I remember, so I can’t prove that either.

Just an opinion from an admittedly optimistic person.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Don't know if anyone else posted this already but it's important. Leak last month that had richter
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/
Got that one. I'm keeping my eye on it for the time being.

The only difference being that it's actually possible.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Possible things we might get for the newcomers imo

Black Shadow as an echo of Falcon
Black Knight as an echo of Ike
Medusa as an echo of Palutena
Shadow as an echo of sonic
Ken as an echo of Ryu
Isabelle as an echo of Villager

Also imo I think shantae would be a great way to end off the announced characters. Her chances seem to have skyrocketed since shovel knight is in as an assist meaning indies can apear and shes the only one on level or par with Shovel Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rumors? Yeah, but nothing important.

I’m just sayin my from my perspective, it looks like Geno is in. That isn’t in any way proven. I have no definitive evidence.

3 big characters people want in. Ridley, K. Rool, Geno. One left. K. Rool and Chrom both had mii costumes. Both are in. Knuckles, too, even though he got shafted a bit. But we know Geno had a mii costume and we haven’t seen his AT. So, I think he’s in. Because I don’t believe for a second he wouldn’t be in at all. Not after Sakurai claimed to want him in Smash 4.

Now, where did I hear Sakurai wanted Geno? On a forum. That is all I remember, so I can’t prove that either.

Just an opinion from an admittedly optimistic person.
You don't gotta tell me. I'm the creator of the Geno support thread for Smash for the last 8 years or whatever

Enchess

Smash Lord
I also wouldn't be shocked if Isabelle is an original newcomer, but we get a Tom Nook echo.

He actually does make a little more sense for Villager. Building a house as a Final Smash? Using various items from across the series? That actually does fit him as he's been the primary shop owner and real estate person of the series.

He also fits Villager's pre-New Leaf look easier than Isabelle due to having been in the series since the beginning.
I've wanted Tom Nook for so long... I don't think it'll happen with Villager Final Smash including him though. Chrom isn't really a point in his favor without seeing Robin Final Smash

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
So, l'attarde seems to think the blurred out icon on the menu spells out the word spirit and has a bit of evidence from the Japanese direct footage of the same menu to support his theory.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Also imo I think shantae would be a great way to end off the announced characters. Her chances seem to have skyrocketed since shovel knight is in as an assist meaning indies can apear and shes the only one on level or par with Shovel Knight
Eh I still think you're grossly overestimating how popular Shante is, there's still other series like Undertale or Cave story that are on par if not more popular than Shovel Knight

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
All hail! Main for life. All you kiddos who didn’t get the priviledge of playing the old Donkey Kong Country’s should at least look up the K. Rool boss battles. He’s a fat, angry kook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom