• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Ok, since I'm bored....MATH TIME!

Observe:

Source
Measuring the length of time it took for Rosie's reveal in For (which is the longest time without reveals) gives us 43.8% of the time from website drop to release. For Ultimate, that comes out to 78 days.

Therefore, we should have a reveal before 78 days after E3, or by 29 August.

REVEAL THIS MONTH HYPE!
Oh, would you look at that, Gamescom starts August 21th.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fully aware, but there aren't any other main characters who have recurred to that extent still. I know he won't be chosen, but if I had to add one Zelda rep it'd be him. Pretty much everyone else would (to me) feel weird. Either a one-off, unimportant character, or another of version of our triforce we already got.

(Also bias because I like Vaati way more than Ganon and never cared for Impa)
You'll care for Impa if you play Skyward Sword, or Hyrule Warriors, trust me. ;)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
What are ya'lls thoughts about Heihachi in general? Iv'e seen him as someone people expect and not really as a want for people.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What are ya'lls thoughts about Heihachi in general? Iv'e seen him as someone people expect and not really as a want for people.
I certainly don't mind him. There's no doubt about Tekken's status in gaming and he's well earned a spot in Smash Brothers much like Ryu has.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Well, most third parties (the exception being Bayonetta and Sonic) I've never had any experience or interest in so if Heihachi gets in, I really wouldn't care.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Actually I'm in the opposite situation: I'm not expecting him to join Smash, but I would actually really like it since Tekken is my favourite fighting game, besides Smash.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm not a huge Tekken fan, but when a new character is revealed you won't see me complaining (ya know, unless that character is Goku or Shrek or something)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tekken's one of my favorite series, and what got me into games, so I'd be pretty happy if someone(iconic/popular enough to the series)from Tekken made it in. Be it Heihachi, Jin or even Yoshimitsu.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Expected, but not hyped.

I'm a Soul Calibur fan, not a Tekken fan, so Heihachi does nothing for me. I'd much rather Ivy or Nightmare for a second Namco rep, but I realize that Tekken is a bigger series and Soul Calibur is stuck in a rut after their last few main-series games were trash. Plus, I'm one of those people who could point out all the differences between the swordsmen in the roster, but doesn't see much of a difference in all of the punchy fighters.

There really aren't too many characters anymore who could really hype me - I got most of the vets so I'm in great shape, but most of the characters I expect now are ones who I don't really know their games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, some of the remixes they make are just as hype as the new characters they introduce. Even having top tracks from the newest entries in a game, like Metroid Samus Returns, or Pokemon Sun/Moon is pretty cool. Not to mention third party series getting new tracks like Mega Man and Sonic.

Like imagine if either Simon or Heihachi do get in, then we can get a ton of Castlevania and Tekken music too.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I just wanna see a new trailer soon. The hype of the trailer and seeing the reactions that follow are so fun. No matter who it is. The one downside of getting so few newcomers this time

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm a Soul Calibur fan, not a Tekken fan, so Heihachi does nothing for me. I'd much rather Ivy or Nightmare for a second Namco rep, but I realize that Tekken is a bigger series and Soul Calibur is stuck in a rut after their last few main-series games were trash. Plus, I'm one of those people who could point out all the differences between the swordsmen in the roster, but doesn't see much of a difference in all of the punchy fighters.
Same, pretty much.

Regardless I should really get going. I'll see you guys later!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The US Digimon theme is... mmmmm.........
The Japanese one is far superior.
Naah, it ain't got nothing to the holy grail of Butterfly-rendition that I received back in my childhood:

I'm not kidding though, I was made to see this atrocity of a tune until 27nth episode where the dubbing team got changed due complaints to the channel this dub was broadcasted in. Quality went really up since, thank God.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Funny thing is, my family got Soul Calibur 2 when I was a kid, because it had Heihachi in it. Though I imagine many people likely played the Gamecube version first, I eventually got that version too. So Tekken introduced me to another fighting franchise, and Heihachi's not even my favorite character, let alone favorite Mashima.

Still haven't played as Spawn on X-BOX or PS3/360 yet though.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm betting there won't be a (new and unknown) reveal this month. Who wants to bet against me??
I do!
Viridi is my top pick for another KI character, if we're going to get anyone from the series next, it WILL be her, not Medusa, not Hades, her.
Imagine your surprise when you get the best KI character out of those 3, Phosphora! I know she not as popular, just let me dream *sob*.
Going off on a quick tangent, as much as I like Female Terry, why couldn't have they added Alice? She's literally Female Terry anyway :thinking:

Back on topic: Kyo or Terry for Smash Ultimate plz.
Personally I'd be glad if they added Hotaru Futaba, or Rock Howard for Smash Ultimate
As much as I want Ashley I'd be cool with virtually any of the characters.

Kat/Ana would be awesome. Nobody ever talks about that probably because they use swords.
I would love to have Kat/Ana in the game whether as a unique character or as an echo of Ice Climbers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tekken and Soul Calibur also share a character (in concept at least), Yoshimitsu
Yeah, which was exciting as hell to unlock him in SC2, not knowing he was gonna be in the game. Like, Yoshimitsu would be the best of both worlds, espically if they give him 4 Tekken outfits and 4 Soul Calibur outfits.

But I can't get my hopes up more than I already have. I WANT someone to be revealed at EVO, but there's nowhere near a guarantee that it'll happen.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The US theme will always be the Digimon theme to me.

Good ol' Digimon Garlic Champions.

:joyful:

I grew up with Butterfly myself, but I though like to sort of embrace both sides of Digimon Adventure after seeing the dub here and there. Can be highly entertaining and many abridged videos take after it, which is fun. :laugh:

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, which was exciting as hell to unlock him in SC2, not knowing he was gonna be in the game. Like, Yoshimitsu would be the best of both worlds, espically if they give him 4 Tekken outfits and 4 Soul Calibur outfits.

But I can't get my hopes up more than I already have. I WANT someone to be revealed at EVO, but there's nowhere near a guarantee that it'll happen.
Yoshimitsu was one of my most played characters in SC2, even more than Link (probably because of the name association with my boi lol).

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So just for fun...if we only got one more 3rd Party rep and it was between Simon Belmont and Heihachi, who would everyone want?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So just for fun...if we only got one more 3rd Party rep and it was between Simon Belmont and Heihachi, who would everyone want?
I prefer Simon due to the Nintendo history and the unique fighter potential with the whip (not to say that Heihachi would be unoriginal, but we have Ryu...)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Heihachi for me personally, for reasons I already mentioned before.

Simon makes more sense though. And I'd be pretty happy if he was in the game too.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Its a really hard choice for me but i'm leaning more towards Mishima due to me having a bigger history with tekken. Nonetheless, Simon is still my 2nd most wanted newcomer.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ll accept and try out...but Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat >

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, what would Simon's potential Assist be?

Because I'm leaning towards Alucard, since SotN was so influential to the series. But Medusa Heads Assists for the memes would be pretty strong.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Simon easily, castlevania has a strong history with nintendo and a whip using vampire hunter is just a very unique fighter, we also dont really have a "horror" genre rep...we do have a fighting game rep and you cant really beat ryu for that anyway.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
I just hope that things aren't virtually impossible and unfair to unlock like they were in Smash 4, the Wii U version specifically. Things like Master Core are downright tedious at best, but my god Master Fortress is a real piece of work, although I can only say that based on watching others get to it, as I've never gotten there myself. Then you factor in the randomness of unlocks, duplicates and poorly thought out game modes and it's a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully Ultimate won't make unlocking a chore or only possible to superhumans (of which I am admittedly not one).

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
ings like Master Core are downright tedious at best, but my god Master Fortress is a real piece of work, although I can only say that based on watching others get to it, as I've never gotten there myself.
Master Fortress and Master Core aren't that hard at all.

They just follow patterns. They're pretty simple to learn too.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Hey so I made a little template for the remaining past stages!

So which ones do you guys want back?

Here's my chart:

You should make the checkmark more conspicuous, it is hard to notice against Delphino's background, while I imagine it will be hard to notice on most other stages too, and I didn't notice it was there at first.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've been playing the Tekken series since the 3rd game when it came out on the arcades.

So why Heihachi? He has been in every Tekken game since the beginning and has become one the most iconic characters within the series as an antagonist. In addition, he also made guest appearances within SoulCalibur II, Namco X Capcom, PlayStation All Stars and Project X Zone games.

He or Jin Kazama would be an ideal Tekken rep for Smash.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I just hope that things aren't virtually impossible and unfair to unlock like they were in Smash 4, the Wii U version specifically. Things like Master Core are downright tedious at best, but my god Master Fortress is a real piece of work, although I can only say that based on watching others get to it, as I've never gotten there myself. Then you factor in the randomness of unlocks, duplicates and poorly thought out game modes and it's a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully Ultimate won't make unlocking a chore or only possible to superhumans (of which I am admittedly not one).
Master Fortress is the exact same every single time, and the only RNG that will occur in it is when enemies do any actions past their first attack, which if you handle it right they won't ever do. As someone who no damaged 9.0 Master Core, the Fortress is the easiest phase by far after you learn it and how to handle its enemies; it's just a simple short platforming level with simple-to-handle enemies, and after some practice I became able to no damage it nearly every time. I also think Master Core's difficulty in general is overrated by people, like both hands together in Brawl were a lot harder while solo Brawl Master Hand, Duon, and Tabuu were comparable or more difficult, and the only thing that made no damaging 9.0 Master Core take a while is that I would have to play through Wii U's Classic Mode every time for a single try (since dying and continuing forcefully downgrades the difficulty); in the actual amount of time I put in just fighting Master Core it didn't take that long to do for the first time at all.

But yeah **** getting duplicate custom moves and Mii outfits, being able to get duplicates of them that did absolutely nothing was absolutely terrible game design that only served to make getting them a ton more tedious, the Mii outfits are what have prevented me from 100%ing both versions of Smash 4, as I don't have much desire to mindlessly grind out hours on end hoping I get lucky for a slim chance to get one of the couple remaining Mii hats I don't have. Getting all the stickers in Brawl was also an extremely tedious luck-based grind, but at least duplicate stickers there served some sort of ingame purpose (as stickers were powerups in the SSE and each sticker could only be used once).

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Master Fortress is the exact same every single time, and the only RNG that will occur in it is when enemies do any actions past their first attack, which if you handle it right they won't ever do. As someone who no damaged 9.0 Master Core, the Fortress is the easiest phase by far after you learn it and how to handle its enemies; it's just a simple short platforming level with simple-to-handle enemies, and after some practice I became able to no damage it nearly every time. I also think Master Core's difficulty in general is overrated by people, like both hands together in Brawl were a lot harder while solo Brawl Master Hand, Duon, and Tabuu were comparable or more difficult, and the only thing that made no damaging 9.0 Master Core take a while is that I would have to play through Wii U's Classic Mode every time for a single try (since dying and continuing forcefully downgrades the difficulty); in the actual amount of time I put in just fighting Master Core it didn't take that long to do for the first time at all.

But yeah **** the duplicate custom moves and Mii outfits, being able to get duplicates of them that did absolutely nothing was absolutely terrible game design that only served to make getting them a ton more tedious, the Mii outfits are what have prevented me from 100%ing both versions of Smash 4, as I don't have much desire to mindlessly grind out hours on end for a slim chance to get one of the couple remaining Mii hats I don't have. Getting all the stickers in Brawl was also an extremely tedious grind, but at least duplicate stickers there served some sort of ingame purpose (as stickers were powerups in the SSE and each sticker could only be used once).
The repeats were the worst decision in Smash For. Even I grew tired of farming Mii Costumes and Special Moves, especially since there really isn't a good way to farm them, because most of the times you get RNG generated items for custom characters (why are those in the same pool as the Custom Moves and Costumes?!?!). Especially in the Wii U version, since Smash Tour is boring to do against the CPU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom