• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Were there people who actually doubted Delfino Plaza returning?
That's pretty concerning. :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
YESSSSSSS, Delfino Plaza!

Now that the precedent is set I'm going to be getting my hopes up with every new blog post that Fountain of Dreams will be in the background...
Such beautiful dancing...even though Isle Delfino has some idiots who can’t tell the difference between the real and fake Marios
Love Rodin. Seeing him again reminded me that we usually have one AT per 3rd party franchise, though we didn't get any for Street Fighter, Final Fantasy and Bayonetta last game because those characters were DLC.

Rodin is already confirmed but what other ATs do you think we should expect to represent SF and FF?

For SF, I can see Sakurai choosing someone like Blanka or Dhalsim instead of characters like Ken/Chun Li - going a similar route to what he did with Mega Man.
Chocobo is the obvious choice for FF, but there are so many good options.
And lastly, I liked Gray Fox but I'd love to have someone different from MGS as an AT (of course, if we could have more than one for all of these, that'd be great but I don't see it).
I’d rather they go with Chun-Li as an assist trophy than anyone else...other than Ken if he’s not an alt or echo

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So folks.

Now that we have our update which was actually worth a damn...

How likely would you rank an EVO reveal?
10% likely as of now. Doing the exhibition matches are a step above the other events, but the lack of any other special treatment from Sakurai (even something as small as a retweet to show acknowledgement) or Nintendo really makes me doubt they have anything major planned for it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Love Rodin. Seeing him again reminded me that we usually have one AT per 3rd party franchise, though we didn't get any for Street Fighter, Final Fantasy and Bayonetta last game because those characters were DLC.

Rodin is already confirmed but what other ATs do you think we should expect to represent SF and FF?

For SF, I can see Sakurai choosing someone like Blanka or Dhalsim instead of characters like Ken/Chun Li - going a similar route to what he did with Mega Man.
And lastly, I liked Gray Fox but I'd love to have someone different from MGS as an AT (of course, if we could have more than one for all of these, that'd be great but I don't see it).
SF AT - Chun-li
FF AT - either Barret, Cid, Sephiroth, or even Aerith with her Healing Wind
MGS - Rising!Raiden (basically Gray Fox 2.0)

tbh I still would prefer Capcom gets Dante as an AT of a series not represented by a playable character a la Bomberman

Iridium

Smash Hero

Oh, I hope this track comes back. One of my overall favorite tracks in SSB4, and I just can't get enough of the intro.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Were there people who actually doubted Delfino Plaza returning?
That's pretty concerning. :p
Oh please, I'm sure you know full well that's not what's going on; I think a lot of people are just excited something got confirmed that wasn't confirmed before, and it's a stage that a lot of people like. Not because anyone doubted it or anything hahahaha.

I was wondering when you'd say something like that haha

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

It depends on what Sakurai wants. I think Knuckles only had two attacks, right? So here's what I think.
image.gif
image.gif

Fan-favorite, but not quite on the levels of Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li, etc. Sonic Boom and Flash Kick are pretty recognizable within the Street Fighter community. He'd make for a pretty nifty Assist.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see Akuma as the Street Fighter assist. When summoned, he'd do Raging Demon.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I would like this, as well as a Kid Icarus-themed stage, based on the original game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Oh, I hope this track comes back. One of my overall favorite tracks in SSB4, and I just can't get enough of the intro.
I wish we get more themes from XC1 overworlds, they had neat themes to them.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So folks.

Now that we have our update which was actually worth a damn...

How likely would you rank an EVO reveal?
Depends on what kind of reveal. Something minor like a returning stage? Plausible.

A newcomer, with no buildup and no indication that the casual side of the fanbase should watch? Slim to none.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey um guys

Try not to embed too many videos in one page. It tends to overload my safari browser since I mostly access this site on my phone, and if there’s too many videos embedded, it’ll get stuck in a “This page was reloaded cause a problem occurred” loop, logging me out in the process.

Just to know!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Can anyone tell if Delfino has been completely remade? I know for sure it has different textures as it's really apparent when looking at the tree trunk. I'm pretty sure Bridge of Eldin had a lot of changes, so I'm just wondering if that's going to be the standard

D

Deleted member

He better not do that pose of his. Let my boi keep it...
Yoshi can still keep his victory pose. Raging Demon predates Smash 64 though, so if anything Yoshi's pose is stolen from Akuma.

I wish we get more themes from XC1 overworlds, they had neat themes to them.
I was super disappointed that Colony 9 didn't make it in. Song fits perfectly on Gaur Plain.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
One down

33 to go
I'm really happy to see Delfino back. I hope we get more reveals where something is just casually dropped like this - we're all hyped up about a stage that realistically had a 95% chance of returning anyway.

Hope to see Melee Yoshi's Island, Fountain, and World 1-2 soon.

So this brings our total up to 85. One question though - I saw that both Pokémon Stadiums are confirmed, but I'm not seeing any pictures of Stadium 1 - which I preferred. The one in the BG of Jiggles' is missing the triangle details next to the center Pokéball motif, and the only other one I think I've seen is that awesome picture of Squirtle and Ivy with Xerneas Pika...

OMG CAN'T GET OVER THE CUTENESS OF THIS PICTURE!
Stadium 2 is more of a blue metal, and stadium 1 is more black, right? But Stadium 2 is the one with the city in the BG...

Is there any other shot of Stadium 1 that is more recognizably Stadium 1?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm really happy to see Delfino back. I hope we get more reveals where something is just casually dropped like this - we're all hyped up about a stage that realistically had a 95% chance of returning anyway.

So this brings our total up to 85. One question though - I saw that both Pokémon Stadiums are confirmed, but I'm not seeing any pictures of Stadium 1 - which I preferred. The one in the BG of Jiggles' is missing the triangle details next to the center Pokéball motif, and the only other one I think I've seen is that awesome picture of Squirtle and Ivy with Xerneas Pika...

Stadium 2 is more of a blue metal, and stadium 1 is more black, right?

On Mewtwo's page, there's this one

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi

Stadium 2 is more of a blue metal, and stadium 1 is more black, right?

Here!
Triangles present, background looks more like the original Pokemon Stadium.

I'm not sure why they didn't just combine them into Pokemon Stadium X with hazardless disabling the Stadium 2 transformations...

Last edited:

Shinkun13

Smash Rookie
I don't think they'll show every stage, every Pokémon, every item and every AT in the blog but I think they'll show all the info we saw in E3.

If we think in the E3 trailer, they showed:
-All the veterans, Inkling, Ridley and Daisy (but they haven't showed 38 veterans and 2 echoes in the blog)
-ATs (Knuckles Joe, Metroid, Ghosts, Lyn, Waluigi, Andross, Nintendogs, Riki, Bomberman, Starfy, Burrowing Snagret, Midna, Sukapon, Rodin, Jeff, Squid Sisters) [I hope they only show new ATs]
-Pokémon (Bewear, Solgaleo)
-Items (Healing Field, Black Hole, Launch Star, Fake Smash Ball)
-Stages (Prism Tower, Green Greens, Spear Pillar, Mario Galaxy, Midgar, Kongo Falls, Lylat Cruise, Princess Peach's Castle, Spirit Train, Frigate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone, New Pork City, Wrecking Crew, Tortimer Island, Moray Towers, Great Plateau Tower, Battlefield, Final Destination, Shadow Moses Island, Big Blue, Wily Castle, New Donk City)

Adding to the new ATs (Knuckles, Krystal, Arcade Bunny, Rumbling Evil Mushroom), Pokémon (Abra, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Raichu, Lunala, Togedemaru) and items (Banana Gun, Bomber) we saw in the gameplays, they'll be showing old info until mid-October if they want. (I don't count all the old stages, ATs, Pokémon and items because I don't think they show old things they didn't named in E3 trailer)
The only new things we can see is the music, and I don't consider too important, because in Super Smash Bros for Wii U we can listen to almost 500 songs (I don't remember if it was more than 500), and I think they'll add in this game 600-650 songs.

I hope from the next week, we can see new things instead of something from above.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Can anyone tell if Delfino has been completely remade? I know for sure it has different textures as it's really apparent when looking at the tree trunk. I'm pretty sure Bridge of Eldin had a lot of changes, so I'm just wondering if that's going to be the standard
Higher res textures, but the geometry is still as flat and low poly as its ever been.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One down

33 to go
I hope that Kirby's Dream Land is still around. Dedede gotta have his ring.

That said, it'd be cool to see Peach's 64 castle again.

Plus having Blanka in would only improve relations with Yoshinori Ono.

It depends on what Sakurai wants. I think Knuckles only had two attacks, right? So here's what I think.
View attachment 155390View attachment 155391
Fan-favorite, but not quite on the levels of Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li, etc. Sonic Boom and Flash Kick are pretty recognizable within the Street Fighter community. He'd make for a pretty nifty Assist.
Guile's theme should be in, at least.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Would Old Man Heihachi be default costume or secondary costume?
100% default. I'd go as far as to wager Young Heihachi wouldn't even get an alt. It's amazing the Tag 2 design lasted as long as it did considering it was mostly just there for a gag.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
You liked wildvine's post of the same image but not mine when they posted it after me? :crying:
Guess I shouldn't have put the image in a spoiler...
One down

33 to go
Hoping to see Fountain of Dreams, Pirate Ship, Paper Mario, Poke Floats and Pac-Maze. Then this game would feel 100% complete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom