• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ridley Is not just a large dragon. People always say his defining characteristic is being huge. I have always thought of Ridley's defining characteristics as being relentless and extremely ferocious (almost feral). When I imagine him in smash I think somewhat of how a Xenomorph would fight (after all he is partially based on one). He could scurry along the ground in a creepy pose. making quick strikes with his claws and unexpectedly long ranged tail stabs. He would probably also have fireballs or something like that. He would be pretty fast and have many jumps and many of his attacks would be awkward to use up close. He doesnt even have to be big. I imagine his as equal size to samus (with slightly more girth due to his wings).

TL:DR
Ridley should be like a Xenomorph/Raptor/Insect/Dragon hybrid in smash and should be the same size as samus.
Another thing people overlook about Ridley is that he's actually extremely intelligent. You don't lead a group of mercenaries like the Space Pirates by not having some kinda sapience, lol

Smooth Criminal

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I always forget that ridley sounds like that in Fusion and it never fails to give me a ****ing heart attack, jesus christ who decided he should sound like that lmao
Ridley's reveal trailer is going to have that earth shattering screech and everyone dies.

HoldieBowldie

Smash Rookie
Villager was too much of a pacifist was why he thought he would never work not moveset problems
I was kind of thinking that since he thought Villager was a pacifist that he had trouble making a moveset and such. Even so, Sakurai's earlier statements on why Pac-man and Villager weren't in Brawl are still much different than his reasons for why he hasn't put Ridley in. Unless someone convinced him on a way they can make Ridley smaller while staying true to his character, Ridley's chances are still very low.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
We don't know Ridley's chances. It's all on Sakurai. whether he feels the same as he did back then or not is completely up in the air, because Ridley has everything you want for a playable character. So I don't think anyone can really say what his chances are. He's an interesting case because he checks all the boxes, it's just can Sakurai scale him while retaining his character.

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman

This one is obviously also fake ! But I know people love to see fake leaks (I do)
It hasn't been posted here yet
(2 longest days of our lives for sure)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This one is obviously also fake ! But I know people love to see fake leaks (I do)
Gotta love how the creator made Arena Ferox like sixty percent smaller.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123

Mario so stiff he looks like he's constipated.
Poor guy, hope he's regular in the final version of the game.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Skull Kid eh?

and Cappy just randomly becoming the captain's hat huh?

hur hur hur hur hur

The dark room is a nice touch very vouge very sexy.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Gotta love the "pausing the game" technique these video attempts must have. Not like Smash 4's was a regular fight or anything...

Pakky

Smash Hero
Gotta love the "pausing the game" technique these video attempts must have. Not like Smash 4's was a regular fight or anything...
Yes gets me super convinced. Mmmmmm very good. Please, NO gameplay, the pause screen and I are lovers, my family must not find out. For she is of a lower class than I, and there will be much drama if we are discovered.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Obviously fake but I'm happy to see some real effort, nice job leaker.

Also, the 2 days thing reminded me of something odd,
that the wait isn't that bad for me, and isn't bad for me at all. I don't really feel hyped for Smash at E3, it's weird because I feel like I should be, like, I love speculating with you guys but I'm just not excited for the real thing for whatever reason. I haven't really seen anything from the game yet so there's nothing visible to get hype for, and I don't really think it's that likely I'll get what I want (Bandana Dee or any of my other wanted characters, Jigglypuff buffs, etc) so while I know lots of people are going to get what they want and I'll enjoy seeing that at least, it's just kinda there for me, it's simply a thing that exists. Discussing hypotheticals feels like more fun than what I think the real thing will be like, despite how much I enjoy Smash I'm not that confident I'm going to actually like what we'll see at E3 lol. The wait wasn't and isn't bad for me at all, because it's just kind of going by, I'm not really excited for it as of now. Anyone else here feel this way?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Obviously fake but I'm happy to see some real effort, nice job leaker.

Also, the 2 days thing reminded me of something odd,
that the wait isn't that bad for me, and isn't bad for me at all. I don't really feel hyped for Smash at E3, it's weird because I feel like I should be, like, I love speculating with you guys but I'm just not excited for the real thing for whatever reason. I haven't really seen anything from the game yet so there's nothing visible to get hype for, and I don't really think it's that likely I'll get what I want (Bandana Dee or any of my other wanted characters, Jigglypuff buffs, etc) so while I know lots of people are going to get what they want and I'll enjoy seeing that at least, it's just kinda there for me, it's simply a thing that exists. Discussing hypotheticals feels like more fun than what I think the real thing will be like, despite how much I enjoy Smash I'm not that confident I'm going to actually like what we'll see at E3 lol. The wait wasn't and isn't bad for me at all, because it's just kind of going by, I'm not really excited for it as of now. Anyone else here feel this way?
Honestly- I feel in the same boat as you... I know Characters I want won't make it in (Sora/Chrom/Ray) so I'm just having fun speculating until the ride is over hoping I'll get Surprised.

I Know I will enjoy the game nonetheless, but it will probably be thanks to it's gameplay and to the Veterans coming back than for the newcomers.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that would much rather have a cool legendary pokemon than just a starter?

I just think it will be so much cooler to have an unique legendary Pokemon than to just have another starter.
Zeraora comes to mind as a mythical legendary Pokémon that could have a fun moveset, but which Pokémon do you have in mind.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unpopular Opinion-I would much rather have KOS-MOS than Rex or Elma
You should put this in the unpopular opinions thread aswell
Honestly- I feel in the same boat as you... I know Characters I want won't make it in (Sora/Chrom/Ray) so I'm just having fun speculating until the ride is over hoping I'll get Surprised.

I Know I will enjoy the game nonetheless, but it will probably be thanks to it's gameplay and to the Veterans coming back than for the newcomers.
Inb4 the game ends up being everything you didn’t want

UltimateWario

Smash Master
This is the best roster I have ever saw and I think Sakurai should really take notes:
Holy **** I remember disgusting leak Ridley. People were trying to argue that it was based on the one from Fusion or something. Then there were others who were saying that it was a Metroid character whose name starts with R but it wasn’t Ridley.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I don't have to worry just yet about the hype reveals. Ridley, K. Rool, classic Paper Mario, Dixie, Phoenix Wright, Master Chief, a 2nd F-Zero character, Banjo would generate a lot of excitement from me. Brawl was a treasure in terms of characters I wanted (Wario, Diddy, Dedede, Wolf, Charizard) which is why Smash 4's newcomers disappointed me outside of Shulk, Mega Man, and Ryu. My favorite surprises and trailers were the veterans for pete sake. :drmario::mewtwomelee::lucas:

Pakky

Smash Hero
UNPOPULAR (kinda) OPINIONS I WANT TO AIR OUT

-I, based on circumstances that have occurred throughout the years I think more than 6 pokemon on the roster is too much.
This may not matter if there are indeed no cuts.

-DK not having at least 5 characters is a bit of a travesty when FE has 6, 3 of which is almost the same guy.

-Xenoblade additions don't bother me, I think you can have three characters and have them all be different.

-Pokemon Trainers are a bad idea moving forward, the Pokemon themselves are far more interesting than the people commanding them.

-Mother is a dead franchise but if it's proper especially when its Nintendo owned or highly associated, villains from those franchises should be on the roster.

-Porky is more important to Mother as a series which is why I always put him over Masked Man

-Decuideye will not be in Smash unless everything in Pokemon's marketing is going to take a hard left in the next six months or so. I'm talking like Battle Bond Decuideye, Ash randomly having one in the movie, ect. (If I'm wrong I WILL eat my hat and post it)

-Ivysaur is better than Squirtle in Smash

-KI franchise wise and nostalgia being taken into consideration makes me think that Medusa is more important than most others.

- Rayman and Commander Video are closer to being characters in Smash than Shovel Knight or Shantae.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Ok here are my predictions as that random chick on the internet who obviously knows whats up

> New XB char that is either Elma, Rex/Pyra, or possibly Kos Mos. One of these 3 will get in. XB will get another rep.
> A new 3rd party character. Most likely candidates this time around are Simon, a second rep for another series, Monster Hunter, Wright Crash or spyro. We should get at least one new 3rd party character
> A new Kid Icarus rep just cause I have a gut feeling on this one. Either itll be Medusa or Virdi, I dont see anyone else on their level of possibility
> A new pokemon and mario rep sadly. Despite the fact I think neither need a new rep. For mario its either Waluigi, Cap Toad, or Daisy. For Pokemon its either Decidueye, Mimkyu, or Lycanrock. Regardless these 2 franchises will probably get another rep.
> A retro game will probably get a rep. For this I see takamaru. I honestly can think of no one else from the NES era (aside from Medusa or Ridley) that has his chances.
> K Rool or Ridley or both. Its time and at this point they need the hype to keep bubbling. One of these two is getting in.
> One of nintendos smaller series will get a rep. Either that be Fossil Fighter, Style Savy, or Rhyme Heaven. I feel one of these 3 series in particular has a chance this time around.
> Wolf, Icies or snake will return. Wolf has absolutely no reason to not come back considering how many fans he has. Easy way to get people hyped back up. If Simon comes into smash Snake is coming as well. Icies seem basically guaranteed considering the switch can work with them.
> Surprisingly I dont think FE will get a new rep. I think Sakurai is nervous to add another after Corrins backlash.
> I can see us getting a few clones. Its impossible to guess who theyd be tho so its not even worth thinking about atm.
> Some series already in smash might get another rep. Whether that be FZero, Punch Out, or whatever.
> A totally out of left field character that somehow surpasses Cloud. Only things I can think of are like Banjo, a Dangaronpa char, Kratos, or Master Chief
> Zelda probably wont get a new character but rather all 3 will be touched up, mainly link
> Dark Pit and Lucina will probs be decloned slightly
> No cuts
> Mario will have more moves from odyssey while Doc is used as the "old mario" style.

These are my predictions as of now and I think Ill probably be right with most of them. Just by thinking about it all logically. Sure I have my hopes and we truly have no idea whats going to happen but with only 2 days left I feel its okay to make my final judgements as to what I think will be seen. Anyways the anticipation is killing me so lets see what happens.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
I wonder what kind of balance changes they will apply to this game, and therefore who's gonna be S-tier and who's gonna be F-tier.
My favorite scenario is when an aesthetically ugly, forgettable and/or fun-lacking character gets the S+ tier.

Imagine for a second the scenario of Wario, Wii Fit Trainer and Dark Pit being the SS+ tiers in Smash 5 (with regular Pit at C tier max).
I think I would lose my mind.
And laugh really hard.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what kind of balance changes they will apply to this game, and therefore who's gonna be S-tier and who's gonna be F-tier.
My favorite scenario is when an aesthetically ugly, forgettable and/or fun-lacking character gets the S+ tier.

Imagine for a second the scenario of Wario, Wii Fit Trainer and Dark Pit being the SS+ tiers in Smash 5 (with regular Pit at C tier max).
And laugh really hard.
I hope that Medusa if she gets in is absolutely broken and jank as heck after 2 games of where the KI chars are the most overall honest characters in the game

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It's honestly riveting to think that we're going to be seeing a brand new Smash soon and we'll be playing it in 3-4 months. It's as if a 2 year hype cycle was condensed into 6-7 months and I could not be more pumped for the experience.
By the way, when does the Smash Invitational take place and what time?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was kind of thinking that since he thought Villager was a pacifist that he had trouble making a moveset and such. Even so, Sakurai's earlier statements on why Pac-man and Villager weren't in Brawl are still much different than his reasons for why he hasn't put Ridley in. Unless someone convinced him on a way they can make Ridley smaller while staying true to his character, Ridley's chances are still very low.
I thought Ridley too bigots Thing was extinct

A whole lot of characters sizes got changed

Olimar size got his size increased by like 5000%+ (about as tall as Mario when his real size is not different to a penny)

Pikachu was suppose to be a lot smaller

And bowser...don't get me started on how many different time his official size got changed in almost everything

And Dk little stance if he was standing tall he would look so awkward

Ridleys size isn't not exactly the biggest factor on who he is it's look threatening and I think only a fourth taller than smash bowser he still look threatening

But I'm not going any further because I'm not going down the smash 4 speculation road again

If vergeben is fake then I will think Ridleys chances are slim...but not due to size

By the way the leak is creditable due to he got the konami games for E3 right 2 switch games one is a compilations and the other is action/adventure and this is from 61 games but doesn't mean it's true

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

And laugh really hard.
Hopefully not just assume Smash 4 is perfect (it's REALLY not) and use that.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

It looks like Sonic 4.

I don't mean that in a good way.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I 100% believe that Nintendo is making smash as general as possible to not leak anything early...it honestly makes me not believe Vergeben's source about the E3 material...unless it was like editing the direct footage.
Hiding smash stuff very well doesn't make vergeben a fake besides he got the 2 konami games for the switch correct and that was before konami revealed that list

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hiding smash stuff very well doesn't make vergeben a fake besides he got the 2 konami games for the switch right before the parshal titles got revealed
What if Vergeben's source...That seems to be more on the Konami side knew about Ridley/Snake/Simon/Icies because they had to approve the trailer they appeared in?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Hiding smash stuff very well doesn't make vergeben a fake besides he got the 2 konami games for the switch right before the parshal titles got revealed
I was reffering to the specific source that mentioned the E3 material, Vergeben has had multiple sources and I don't believe they all have accurate information.

That being said we should know about Konami's games through Microsoft today right? They are on Xbox too, time to see if they truly are Castlevania games.

What if Vergeben's source...That seems to be more on the Konami side knew about Ridley/Snake/Simon/Icies because they had to approve the trailer they appeared in?
That's my thinking. He's so adamant about Ridley that I'm convinced he's seen photo or video proof. Now if it's just an elaborate fake we will soon find out.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Unpopular opinion:

I actually kind of want Goku in Smash Bros. I think it'd be really cool to see him fight Mario. It could be like Super Mario Bros Z. I really miss that series.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
As yes, Rdiley, my favourite character from Nnitendo's Mterodi.

Honestly, these results kinda surprised me. In particular, I didn't expect Waluigi to place so high. I always he's popularity as mostly a result of memes, I guess his fandom is a little more sincere than I once thought.
How dare you question our sincerity, plebeian :yeahboi:

Honestly, it feels so good to know my favorites are actually popular. The boards are so Ridley focused that I sometimes forget that other Crash, Waluigi, and Bandana Dee/new Kirby rep supporters exist

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom