• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
so I heard, maybe both prof and fuzzy will get down to earth now =P
WTF, when was I ever delluded besides me messing about and trashtalking which I admitted it was lol....???

btw 5th March is confirmed
Look forward to this event and finally getting all of OoC to come to this.

we did have a time issue, Tesco keep going to smoke too much and wasting time :s
I agree with this, it's really annoying that people still aren't playing their pool games and I have to walk around finding people for **** when I can be relaxing and im not a flipping tournament host......when some people in pools of 6 had finished their pool matches PMS was outside smoking and had only done one and there were many other occasions with similar **** going on, I think we need to go back to the 'Numbering TV's System' as some people can't find a TV and don't know which are friendlies and tournaments.....despite you saying the post below that we finished on time, we could have still finished a lot earlier, that build up to brackets from pools was complete bull**** and took wayyyy too long lol, brackets started @ flipping 7pmish.....

if there really is melee only at the next monthly time wont be of an issue, right?
You'd be suprized of what this community is capable of in terms of waisting time, every
tournament a collection of people (ironicially always someone from Tesco) waist time....

Admitting The Truth
I'm officially 2nd/3rd best in the UK and will never beat Fuzzy again, he's too good and has step up to another level which I can't touch (maybe VA but im not that good), even though I have a few supporters please divert your support to Fuzzy or elsewhere as I obviously won't be winning anything anywhere.....sorry guys :(

j3ly

Smash Champion
im one of the quickest people to play tournament games, look away from me. i do mine str8 away and always have to wait for like 2-3 games until i can play my next opponent

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
im one of the quickest people to play tournament games, look away from me. i do mine str8 away and always have to wait for like 2-3 games until i can play my next opponent
Well I didn't really say you specifically (even though in one of the previous tournaments you were one of the people taking long) but I just said that at every tournament which there is a delay at, there's always atleast one Tesco Crew member contributing to it, and that's the truth lol...

rustediron

Smash Lord
Number TVs, dedicate TVs to specific pools, ban friendlies and money matches till your pool is done, start pools at the same time as Team Bracket Winners Finals?

And are we doing top 8 go through -> amateur bracket next tourn?

auroreon

Smash Ace
I've had the urge to get back into Brawl again recently, so I came here and read the last 3 pages of this thread to see the results of the monthly.

In the last 3 pages there hasn't been a single post from the Brawl community and the results haven't even been posted. The only talk about Brawl has been whether or not it will actually be included in the next monthly.
Now I remember why I quit... wish I played Melee.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I've had the urge to get back into Brawl again recently, so I came here and read the last 3 pages of this thread to see the results of the monthly.

In the last 3 pages there hasn't been a single post from the Brawl community and the results haven't even been posted. The only talk about Brawl has been whether or not it will actually be included in the next monthly.
Now I remember why I quit... wish I played Melee.
You should get into it, a yoshi player would be pretty welcome :)
And your also one of the few brawl players who are actually cool lol

London Super Smash Bros Melee and Monthlies
5th Match Melee + Brawl CONFIRMED

Want to find competition? Want to prove whos boss?
Then this is the thread for you, London Monthlies Tournaments start NOW!

PLEASE READ THE INFO BELOW

Updates:

Bi-Weeklies!

Brawl Every 4 weeks!
Melee Every 4 weeks!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Hungover, played awful, King NDJ beat me. And Jolteon. That's pretty much all there is to it lol. Thanks King btw for playing out that playoff game - I appreciate it.

Even though I'm not overly concerned at one extremely off day hopefully this will be good motivation to focus more on my main in friendlies and get better!
pfft you had a bad tournament from the sounds of things. I wouldn't let it get to you too much as you are a very good player.

Singles bracket
1: Fuzzyness
2: Professor Pro

prof- explain :scared:

I knew (and Mike/ cheez/ can back me up on this) that there would be time wasters and it would end up being rushed and finishing too late. 10.10pm is when you finished! If I had come I may not have been able to get home by then which means I wouldn't even have got the chance to see the finals. The people holding things up really should be ashamed of themselves- just kicking back and relaxing, holding EVERYONE up and giving Charles, who goes to a lot of trouble to run these, a hard time. I'm not sayihng you can't relax but you owe it to all the people there and esp Charles to play your matches as soon as you can.

Tamoo

Smash Master
First of all, you actually had to be put on a timer to come back and play a doubles match at one point ;)

Also, I waited almost an hour for the result of you and Frostbyte whilst you were playing friendlies lol. I didn't really care cos I was soooo tired but yeah, just pointing it out. Probs would've been longer had I not told frostbyte.

Btw, really impressed with that falco man, I gotta step it up again at some point :/ I'm genuinely surprised I got you down to even two stock cos I didn't feel a single bit of control against you lol.

VA

Smash Hero
Yesterday was fun. But I'm mad salty. I didn't feel like I played well at all, even when I beat charles it felt janky and crap. All I was doing was just not approaching and beating charles out on his attempts to approach. Besides, well done everyone on playing well etc.

I won't be attending the next one. I'm giving smash a rest for a while now, it is my last few months at university and I need to focus on that. See you at SNY2.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Yeh same. My body/brain/education took a large hit to improve in the last 2 months. It's not such a big deal cos my course is assignment based, but on levels I've missed 2 weeks of sleep in the last 2 months, and lost weight due to only eating pasta with deathgazer and pms. Problem is once it hits 4am I can't sleep, as an alarm won't wake me up at 7am for college.

At this point, the way for me to get better is to sort out my sleeping pattern, put on some weight and have no problems on my mind. This should be easy as my parents are going away for a month :) then I plan on going to Brighton to play smash and see a couple friends for a weekend and to play VA + Beast if they can. Luckily I get better from not playing smash.

I'll do a few shoutouts later on

takoyaki

Smash Cadet
wow you lot are taking this a little too seriously 0_0
but yeah time is always an issue and monthlies etc

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol i didn't read VA's post :( are you not playing any smash atall until SNY then?

takoyaki - when ur whole crew is always 10 minutes away from a mutual spot to play it's just too easy :( deathgazer lives at his house pms lives near and i go college down the road. lewis makes the trek sometimes. if we play past a point i wont wake up for college, the only responsible thing is to stay awake and go college.. would you not do the same?
First of all, you actually had to be put on a timer to come back and play a doubles match at one point ;)
haha not strictly true, i asked for a *** break fuzz said no, then chrisboi said 'they need their full nicotine power' and insisted we got a break. great quote from cboy :) lol

me n unreal are gnna do some shoutouts now

j3ly

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:
idid not play good this tournament :( so lean and disconnected in general, need a break to regain lost passion. couldn't be bothered to dash dance in hardly any games. disappointed with my playstyle against most, lazy lazy smash. gotta step up mentally and stop smoking at tournaments

Bishkin
you got better. shame we didn't play when you were fully warmed up

Swizzy
fun games as always :) seriously i have so much fun playing against good ganon lolll

Beast
you got better, you are starting to know how to corner ur opponent with a missed tech near the edge and cover every option after that. crucial with shiek for sure, stick with that shiz

Brado
upcomming player, good in teams too. we could team and take 3rd any day. this kid can space, keep it up and aim higher next time - learn how to corner and cover, jiggs can cover everything in a corner between bair and rest. like hbox did to amsah from an edgeguarding bair -> rest on YS.

Fuzz
biggest shoutout of them all :) i knew you were back to your old form after the first stock, i told the people around me and stopped watching at one point cos it was obviously in the bag. being housed at urs was the bomb, should have brought a sleeping bag tho. hope u enjoy the curry i left in ur fridge :)

Prof
told you.
i could see it in ur posture you lost hope straight away. ur own fault 100%

Deathgazer
gooooooooooood!

PMS
loooooooooooool. better!!

Unreal
told you.

x1-12
you got better for sure but you have trouble getting onto the stage against any char - sort that out before it holds you back every pool. alternatively, ur getting good fast so eventually people will struggle getting you off the stage anyway.

more later i wanna shower
sorry if this is a double post but i assume somebody else posted inbetween my last one

VA

Smash Hero
lol i didn't read VA's post :( are you not playing any smash atall until SNY then?
I'm thinking that you adrian and unreal (forgotten his real name) can come down at some point (maybe before the next monthly to train you guys up). I'll keep you updated on that though.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof
told you.
i could see it in ur posture you lost hope straight away. ur own fault 100%
I didn't even speak to you for you to say 'Told you' lol and you say im going to lose to Fuzzy and VA at every event so your opinion contributes to nothing. :reverse:

I don't know why you take smash so seriously to the point of it physically effecting you and losing weight lol, it's just a game....I would never let it physically effect me lol....plus you seemed at the same level as before with a general improvement (no offence)

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Yeah robby im up for that and my names Lewis btw lol

Great tournament, had alot of good freindlies and tournament games

Shoutouts:

Frugs
Nice game in tournament, i wanted to get revenge becuase i remember you beating me a few months ago or some ****, real nice.

Crabman
Good games, your fox has got alot better since i last played it. We'll play again next tournament.

Brado
Jiggs says "uthrow rest and go to the edge" Fox fails 1000 attempted shines and jiggs laughs in his face lool good game man

Tamoo
Really nice tourney game, i was suprised to see you didn't go jiggs, but your falco is pretty good i think you should stick with him ill play you again next tournament ;)

Bishkin
Fun freindlies, you've started playing alot smarted than you used to which is real nice i might come over and play you at some point before next tournament.

JJL
Also fun freindlies, your fox is quite technical lol we need to play more and maybe do Tesco vs HSAM MM? :)

J3ly
MY MAIN MAN lol obviously you had to bring some **** to this tournament, i remember walking past a setup you were on, watching it for a bit and then noticing it was you 4 stocking x1-12 or something lool

KingNDJ
My fellow tesco freind 8) nice one making it out of pools its a shame your uni is so far and we cant jam much :( see you soon bro

PMS
Another fellow tesco freind lol nice placing as always, its a shame you gave your match with swizzy to deathgazer im sure we'll play training again at adrians very soon :p

Deathgazer
ANOTHER fellow tesco freind i didn't really watch you that much this tournament but i heard you were ****** so real nice.

Prof
Unlucky in the finals against Fuzz, maybe you came to the tourney feeling to confident? see you at next tournament.

VA
Man i thought you were gonna win after i heard you 3-0'd fuzz, maybe you shouldn't have smoked that zoot :( also it would be good for me and adam to come down and play you before next tourney.

Fuzz
Congrats on winning, it was fun to stay at yours and get some solid freindlies in maybe we can do that again before next tournament? 8)

Edwin
Really good game in tournament, im just happy you didn't go marth becuase then the **** would have been severe....lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
i take college seriously, not smash - having college early every day ****s me up. college is what's affecting me physically, but smash contributes to the situation. if i took smash seriously... maybe I will before SNY2.

you mostly say i didn't improve btw.. it got stale a long time ago - it's at this tournament i realized u and fuzz are actually not that good at smash lol, edwin is way harder to beat anyway. considering very recently i thought you were both some of the best in Europe.. my understanding of the game has gotten alot better and i am utilizing it sometimes when i cba. therefore i got better, also last time i played tamoo with falco i lost. this time wasn't difficult to make the higher priority choice every time. i 2-0'd frostbyte on his best stage while concentrating mainly on the brawl match being played next to me

focus is the problem atm - think of urself 1 year ago. thats how i feel towards smash atm. serious - there is nothing you can do to stop me out performing you soon. say what you like in response but my cerebellum is making connections too fast for you to stay in front

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I have to say one of the most interesting results I saw was PMS and Deathgazer in doubles. Very well done guys.

Cheez- We soooo could have stormed teams

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I thought you meant by your post that you took smash seriously to the point of you not eating properly blah blah blah but apparently you didn't so yeah.

And I rarely say you haven't improved, in fact I don't even remember saying it lol....I just say you won't beat OoC, but I have actually agreed with you improving in the past numerous times and was advising you to go Falco instead of sticking to Mario since even though your Mario was better at that time you had more potential with Falco.....so nice false statement there.

Edwin being harder to beat for you at smash means nothing though, it just means you can't handle someone who spaces really well which shows your flaws more then it implies that Edwin is better then us.....which makes sense because that's what people under the top 4 would struggle with but why the top 3 always beat him reasonably comfortably.

There's is nothing for me to do to for you to start out performing me soon :confused:.....say that when you are even a slight threat to me cos atm you're definitely not lol, and that's not even being cocky, that's just the truth, Deathgazer is more of a threat to me then you and even he doesn't stand a chance yet.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
j3ly you're definitely better but you gotta push your own ego behind you too, you need to work on your consistency =)

deathgazer and pms step it up a lil bit more! you guys are improving too but you gotta learn the marth and ganon matchups =P

Edwin dw about losing to swizzy, maybe it was an off day (not johnning for you) or you gotta just learn how to gay ganon hard with marth =) next time stick to your main. Watch Makenshi vs Qlex?

Results near the end of the bracket btw:

UPSETS

Deathgazer beats Frostbyte
Swizzy beats Chrisboi
Retroking beats Unreal 2-1 (was a close set, although Edwin was using sheik, nearly an upset. Unreal was playing very good)
Swizzy beats Retroking 3-1 (he went falcon after losing 2-0)

Top 4 Later on in the brackets

VA beats Fuzzyness 3-0 in Winners Semi
Professor Pro beats Retroking 3-2/3-1? (cant remember lol)
Professor Pro beats VA 3-1 in Winners Finals
Fuzzyness beats VA 3-0 in Losers Finals
Fuzzyness beats Professor Pro 3-1 and 4-2 in Grand Finals

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
I have to say one of the most interesting results I saw was PMS and Deathgazer in doubles. Very well done guys.

Cheez- We soooo could have stormed teams
lmao ben, tbh me and dave played pretty well even in the games we lost, was just frustrating coz it was silly mistakes from both of us that cost us i feel, but whatever, thats how it goes. daves still a fellow crew member, so im sorry to say ben that where we both go to the tournies i will invariably be teaming with him.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lmao ben, tbh me and dave played pretty well even in the games we lost, was just frustrating coz it was silly mistakes from both of us that cost us i feel, but whatever, thats how it goes. daves still a fellow crew member, so im sorry to say ben that where we both go to the tournies i will invariably be teaming with him.
well how about that. So much potential but I get brushed off like a bit of dust on your shoulder. I'm seriously gonna stop going easy on you for now on :scared:

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
well how about that. So much potential but I get brushed off like a bit of dust on your shoulder. I'm seriously gonna stop going easy on you for now on :scared:
i genuinely dont understand at all, ive teamed with dave whenever i could and hes a good friend of mine, and im not just gonna drop him coz you come along and ask, i have loyalty... if you think id do that then you dont think very much of me at all

VA

Smash Hero
To be fair, the weekend before the monthly swizzy had been at mine and we played about 3 hours of marth ganon. My marth of course took him down, but it prepared him for lesser marth players such as edwin and chrisboi.

Also, j3ly has the drive. It's what has got him this far and what will allow him to continue to improve. It's what I had/have but it's different with me.

VA

Smash Hero
Agreed. Next tournament I go to I'm entering with swizzy or beast, just to prove a point.

VA
Man i thought you were gonna win after i heard you 3-0'd fuzz, maybe you shouldn't have smoked that zoot :( also it would be good for me and adam to come down and play you before next tourney.
I had a cigarette lol.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
this event has inspiried frostbyte kman and chris for the next monthly and sny2

i have to say thankyou to the people that slapped them lol

also i dont really mind about my placings tbh i wasnt even going to go just decided on the day .
i should have lost to unreal and jely they played alot better than i did they just messed on the last stock

prof : after the set i just smiled and smh cause i know im going to get you soon :) nice fox prick

VA : i cant play vs peach at all lol. good job though looking like armada out there xD

Fuzz : what can i say lol

gm jack : CC tilt ^^

unreal : drill shine upsmash ^^ you should of won its like the game said dont worry edwin i got your back

jely : you need to use more utilt for pressure it works / combo like PP dont knock them down straight kinda bait the jump a bit more

honours : nice playing with you sorry about the chocking i did i just cant play good anymore

yeniths : you get younger each time i see you lol

AC : please stop spamming B :/

frostbyte : LOL

deathgazer : good stuff man marth slayer

chris : LOL

kman : LOL good seeing you again

good tourney guys

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
i genuinely dont understand at all, ive teamed with dave whenever i could and hes a good friend of mine, and im not just gonna drop him coz you come along and ask, i have loyalty... if you think id do that then you dont think very much of me at all
hahaha it's alright I was only joking anyways. I'm sure I'll find a good teams partner one day.............. but not Duncan :urg:

still I def think we should team when Daves not around

Awesome to hear that Kman is back

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well this tournament was nice enough, got to play prof a bit at melee, and show how bad i am, there was no 4 stocks however, so im okay with this XD
but one little thing that got my back up slightly

HURRY THE HELL UP
i know you had more entrants than us, but seriously. you finished so late you were still playing grand finals when everything else was packed up, and not only that, the only people clearing crap up was brawlers. when i asked this one guy (dont know who it was) to help me move the crap of a table so i could put it away he looked at me like i'd just turned the finals cube off. really guys...

other than that, its all good. i also realised that every time i play melee i remember why i prefer brawl, buffering is jsut so much kinder to those without perfect timing like myself XD

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Results From Anaky's Laptop:

Doubles:
1: Anaky & Kasper
2: Calzorz & Pafos
3: Siri & Miller
4: Cong & Shay
6: B.Mack & Dopl

Singles:
1: Anaky
2: Calzorz
3: Kasper
4: Dopl
5: Miller
5: Cong
7: Pafos
7: K.Mac
9: Siri
9: C.R.Z
9: Ixis
9: Shlurpie
13: Shay
13: Rade
13: B.Mack
13: Jihad
13: G.P
13: Mugen

Also the pot was split 50/30/20 as the entry fee was at a decent price.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
someones messed it up, its impossible for shay to have gotten 13th, as he beat me in losers to put me at last place (sad times)
okay, im hoping for a much smaller amount of bracket gay next time XD

Top Bottom