• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Yeh that's fine. I'm sure you remember how to get to my house but just in case my address is 139 Astonville Street, SW18 5AQ

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Are you lot going to have a 4th member there....wouldn't like to think that I stop you lot for playing doubles or anything along them lines.

And VA I would come to practice doubles but I just really want to have the suprize factor for this tournament lol.....but yeah after this we're get in as much practice as we can i'll be looking to come to Brighton sometime when you host your best smashfests in the UK stuff.

smakis

Smash Ace
"your flight isnt canceled, just delayed trolololol"

not gonna happen, knowing ryanair that's 70 euro down the drain, sorry edwin (if you arent falking lol), maybe next time

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Well so far that's two setups out of 7 TV's confirmed lol.....
Anymore?

Also I was wondering if we should do mini side bets here and there for certain matches of people.....like Me vs Edwin....VA vs Edwin.....Me vs VA.....Edwin vs Fuzz....Me vs Fuzz

You know, all the big ones....would be fun to gather hype and stuff.
I wouldn't mind betting some money here and there.

Or betting money on what you feel the top 3/4 or whatever results of this tournament will be.

I put £5 on
1st - Me
2nd - Fuzz
3rd - VA

Anyone wanna put £5 against this???
I agree with your top 3 (even though it's not that hard of a prediction to make to be honest. Also I am thinking frostbyte for 5th and LJ for 7th.

By the way I'm def not coming

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
Mitsuki's update, straight from the kitchen:

Doubles is nearly over, 5 matches are left to be played overall. Frugs and Jolteon are playing against Chrisboi and Frostbite for a place in loosers quarters against L-J and Tamoo. Things are looking interesting, and its tough to tell who is going to win.

Singles pools have been created, and the top 6 are already through. There has been much discussion as to who has the hardest one. We are yet to start playing; more details shall be revealed as they happen,so keep checking back.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Wow, that sucks smakis. :(

VA beat charles in one set, Swizzy beat Edwin, Deathgazer beat Frostbyte, just to mention a few upsets.

Results:

Doubles
1: Prof + VA
2: Fuzzyness + J3ly
3: Chrisboi + Frostbyte
4: Deathgazer + PMS
5: LJ + Tamoo
5: Swizzy + Beast
7: Frugs + Jolteon
7: Brado + Yeniths
9: JJFOX + Tako
9: Bishkin + SmashySmashy
9: x1-12 + crabman
9: Cheez + Clockmire
13: Mase + GM Jack

Pools
1: Tamoo
1: Chrisboi
1: Deathgazer
1: Swizzy
1: Jolteon
6: Unreal
6: Yeniths
6: PMS
6: AC
6: KingNDJ
11: Crabman
11: GM Jack
11: JJlinyard
11: SD
11: LJ
16: Brado
16: x1-12
16: Bishkin
16: Honors
16: Beast
21: Frugs
21: SmashySmashy
21: Mase
21: Cheez
21: Clockmire
26: Anaky
26: Skill
26: BMack
26: Khang
26: Mitsuki

Singles bracket
1: Fuzzyness
2: Professor Pro
3: Vanity Angel
4: Swizzy
5: j3ly
5: Retroking
7: Tamoo
7: Deathgazer
9: Chrisboi
9: Frostbyte
9: Jolteon
9: PMS
13: AC
13: Yeniths
13: KingNDJ
13: Unreal

smakis

Smash Ace
edwin lost to swizzy =O?

swizzy stepping up like crazy or edwins nervedmg acting up?

Jolteon

swizzy stepped up, he beat deathgazer this time.

/e charles just told me he won

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I havent said anything!

I'd like to thank unreal and frostbyte for giving me some motivation after I lost to VA. I was pretty gutted to be fair but good job Robby for ****ting all over me recorded lol

smakis

Smash Ace
feels like the gaps between the top 3 is getting smaller =)

I want to ask you that question olololol

unfortunetly my flight was canceled due to bad weather, sorry if you didn't flake only because we were teaming =/

L-J

Smash Ace
Hungover, played awful, King NDJ beat me. And Jolteon. That's pretty much all there is to it lol. Thanks King btw for playing out that playoff game - I appreciate it.

Even though I'm not overly concerned at one extremely off day hopefully this will be good motivation to focus more on my main in friendlies and get better!

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Good tourney. I'm fairly pleased with how I played today even though I didn't make it out of pools. Close matches with jjlinyard and pms - first game anyway lol, need to stop ****ING SDing. Deathgazer you overwhelmed me as usual, massive props to your wall of intense pain.
Nice one Unreal for ****** your pool, tesco really stepping it up now I guess.

Can't wait to see the vids on youtube, missed Robby's **** on Charles. Can't believe he got 3rd... unlucky mate

Jolteon

Thanks Alex :) Yeah I'm not gonna worry about it - just a bad day at the office.
Yeah, if you let it get you down it'll just effect you badly at later events. xD

Anyway I want to say that I'm quite happy about this event, we didn't really have any time issues after all. I feel that I'm playing a lot better against certain playstyles/opponents that previously gave me problems and my mind is just a lot clearer in general when I play. I had good sets against deathgazer/j3ly/swizzy/tamoo (good job on beating me this time btw).

Hugo you have like complete **** moments in teams and switch off afterwards. O_O You should be on **** mode 24/7 lol.

Good job Robby for beating Charles in a set finally. :)

Jolteon

We finished on good time for once - the caretaker spoke to me and mentioned that we weren't as late as usual.

Top Bottom