• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash To The Future: Where We're Going, We Don't Need DI!

ORLY

Smash Master
I volunteer the TO staff as truant officers for this side-betting.

Hindawg's gonna either make bank or have to hitchhike home. It's so exciting!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
i would outplace them both if i was going 0_0....make sheik look topppp tier.
what? you don't think sheik is top tier? where do you rank sheik tink?

and I think kels is better then dart.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I mean if pound 5 is anything to look at... kels barely losing to hax and amsah and getting 13th compared to dart losing to hbox first round then some random falco player to get 25th.

safe bet IMO

darkatma

Smash Hero
dart's gonna haveta play gayer at pound to place really well

i have faith in kelly! apex won't have too many puffs and kels has a sheik now for dumb matchups

@ sveet: don't forget atma losing to dr. pee pee and then carving his way into loser's bracket at gen2 :D
and then sucking at every local since
midwest too good

Kels88

Smash Lord
Maybe I just have a 'thing' for good players.
lol so im not a good player now? And we dont have to give money to anyone to hold. If I place lower than dart u win. I'll give u ur 50 and I expect the same if I win.

Tink, I thought u were going.
:phone:

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
lol so im not a good player now? And we dont have to give money to anyone to hold. If I place lower than dart u win. I'll give u ur 50 and I expect the same if I win.

Tink, I thought u were going.
First off, you are an incredible player, everyone recognizes that, I might be new to the scene but I can assure you my radar for player skill level is accurate. Secondly, I will oblige to your rule, but you must also agree to mine, you play fox vs Dart. I see no reason why not to play fox except that he requires more effort to win with, which is irrelevant because if you, or anyone elsel, aren't giving it 100% at Apex there's not a lot of hope for placing well anyway.

And to Sveet: I'm withdrawing you from this bet, I decided I want to do this with just Kels. If you are sad at losing a money making opportunity I'd offer you an MM for $25 b05. And no, Kels can't get in on this :p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think we had some sort of deal, eric, and you backing out constitutes breaking a contract.

I'll see you in court.

Kels88

Smash Lord
I didnt lose to amsah. I lost to pp and hax.

Lol Hindawg if u are scared of the bet u made then say so. U are trying to switch everything up. It went from me outplacing him to a 50 dollar moneymatch and I have to use fox. That would be rather silly of me. being a great player isn't just about how well my main does. It's about how you play all of your characters to take u as far as you can go.

And tbh, im seriously thinking about maining sheik. If I can keep up the tech chases like I was doing last tournament spacies won't be a problem.

Dart!

Smash Master
lolol. don't get ahead of yourself Dart. Starting from the last time you beat me would put us at even since i've only played you once in tourney since then. But let's count back all the other times before that victory. I don't believe i've lost to you in a long time prior to that. Sorry Dart but you just aren't quite there yet. Getting close though.

But it would be nice to see Dart, Tink, and Matt fight it out for second on the PRs because 1st place is already locked:)
I CAN win, i'm not saying i'm #1 that wouldn't be fair to the 2 straight years of you dominating. Also, i do not endorse hindawgs challenge. I don't think i can go to apex, but to be fair i've played half as long as all of you and can still hang. :cool:

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
And tbh, im seriously thinking about maining sheik. If I can keep up the tech chases like I was doing last tournament spacies won't be a problem.
It's not the bet I'm afraid of, its you I'm afraid of. I failed to initially realize that you were betting on yourself and this is a huge motivator (not because of the money, but because you would be trying to prove yourself right) So the reason I changed it isn't because I'm afraid to lose a bet, its because I think I'm actually doing more harm to Dart and anyone else you play.

I may have jumped the gun, I TINK your original statement is probably true about Dart not quite being there yet, seeing as how you've been around longer and have played a lot more people.

Regarding the bet, one will happen and I can promise you that, I just don't know what yet. Once it gets closer to the tourney date and I can get a better idea as to who is going I can figure it out (Dart told me earlier he might be working tourney day).

And all I'm going to say about maining sheik is that why would you do it when Fox is soooooo broken?

darkatma

Smash Hero
sheik is a lot less work for kelly's fingers, and playing gay is his style so it fits him well

I'm fairly sure kelly's sheik can take on most players, and his fox can round off most of the rest...
Kels you should go sheik on puff, falcon, marth, falco, ganon(?) mostly..

Kels88

Smash Lord
I CAN win, i'm not saying i'm #1 that wouldn't be fair to the 2 straight years of you dominating. Also, i do not endorse hindawgs challenge. I don't think i can go to apex, but to be fair i've played half as long as all of you and can still hang. :cool:
No one denies that you are a great player. And I know u can hang (why do u think I go sheik against you:p

If I had to pick a rival tho it would probably be Matt. Not because hes better than tink or dart. its just fun watching him get close and coming up just short of a victory.

Kels88

Smash Lord
sheik is a lot less work for kelly's fingers, and playing gay is his style so it fits him well

I'm fairly sure kelly's sheik can take on most players, and his fox can round off most of the rest...
lol not ganon. My fox can handle it. But u are right about Sheik not working my fingers as much. Playing fox all tourney kills my thumbs.

sanchaz

Smash Lord

lmao. not sure if your serious with kels sheik vs puff.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I can definitely see sheik over fox in the puff matchup.
Her backair just works better against puff.
Plus sheik dthrow slap is more likely to happen than fox uthrow uair.

the green baron

Smash Cadet
i think he's referring to the fact that puff can duck sheik's grab (when sheik gets the chance to), also i wouldn't call leffen some random falco sveet

edit-oh sorry, i thought we were talking about his g2 performance where he lost to hbox and leffen

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Never said he was. I thought dart lost to some falco player whose name started with a 'K' or something like that. Maybe that was pools... Can't find pound bracket or youtube sets to confirm :/

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I havent been here lately so this is late

I was eagerly awaiting matts response to kels call out. I was not dissapointed.

Top Bottom