• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Starting on the NES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
is there still room or am I late?
if I can't enter, I'll like to have some sort of impact in this competition,
and if that isn't viable, I'll just be a watcher

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My roster maker is a little... spiteful right now so I can't post an image. But here's a text form.

Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Samus (Metroid)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
R.O.B (Gyromite)

Mario, DK, Link, Samus and Pit are big names on the NES, so they're obvious. Metroid and Kid Icarus were, at the time, one game franchises, so I didn't want to include other characters such as Little Mac or Takamaru because they're also one game. Bowser and Peach were, and still are, Nintendo's most prominent villain and female, respectively. R.O.B is an icon of the NES, saving the system.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Ninten can be a solid chararcter to be in, IMO, If Mother/Earthbound Zero was realased in America i think he would had even more possibilties, but its a japanese game after all...

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
My roster maker is a little... spiteful right now so I can't post an image. But here's a text form.

Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Samus (Metroid)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
R.O.B (Gyromite)

Mario, DK, Link, Samus and Pit are big names on the NES, so they're obvious. Metroid and Kid Icarus were, at the time, one game franchises, so I didn't want to include other characters such as Little Mac or Takamaru because they're also one game. Bowser and Peach were, and still are, Nintendo's most prominent villain and female, respectively. R.O.B is an icon of the NES, saving the system.
I was considering R.O.B., but I don't think he would've been old enough at the time to be considered 'iconic' nor do I think anybody would've yet really realised how important he was.

I have to point out that Punch Out wasn't one game, Punch Out on the NES was preceded by three other Punch Out games, two in the arcade and Game and Watch title, making it one of Nintendo's most established series at the time, arguably behind only Mario and Donkey Kong. However, Nintendo seemed to lavish more attention on Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus (see the Tetris and F-1 Race cameos) which makes me think Little Mac would miss out.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Mario (Super Mario)
Luigi (Super Mario)
Samus (Metroid)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Would be my guess. Possibly with Ice Climbers and Takamaru as unlockables.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Mario (Super Mario)
Luigi (Super Mario)
Samus (Metroid)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Would be my guess. Possibly with Ice Climbers and Takamaru as unlockables.
Actually, you mind joining as a judge? We need another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom