• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on the Lake I!! Sunday Sept 28th, Mentor-on-the-lake, Ohio

nojoes

Smash Ace
I'm going to be absent for the next day or two, so I won't be checking in on the thread for questions, if you need something or my number PM me and i'll get back to you by Thursday night. Otherwise keep trying to drag people in and everyone take care. adios.

All I can say is that I'll MM people also if they are still looking for a challenge.

By the way...is SFG going? Haven't seen him post anything about going or along the the lines of that.

nojoes

Smash Ace
hey play with me, u always avoid the soap friendlies.. do i smell?

edit-crapzies.. what a lame 1337 post
how'd you get your tag name man? and whats your given name again, it sounds cooler =P

EDIT: by the way do you think you could give gibby a ride to the tournament if you come, either you or your sister, he'll be on the case campus so it's right by you guys and camperbob can't come cause he's broke. i'd give you a hug, and i'm sure gibby wouldnt mind helping with gas for whatever that would cost.

soap

Smash Hero
soap originated way back when during freshman year..id never seen fight club before and my roommate was like no way u gotta see fight club, so i see it and was blown away, this being about a week after i started playing smash my roommate daniel aka "paradigm" says i need one of those nifty gamer tags to use when we were playing teams so i was trying to think of something four letters to fit in the tag and on my desk is fight club with the quote "Tyler Durden says use Soap" i was like **** thats four letters, plus tyler durden told me to, plus it can explode....

i didnt know people would be calling me that though, the first time i met cok i was like sup im nate, they were like whats your "real" name, i asked watty "whats your real name" and he was like shut the **** up you dont need to know, i was kinda weirded out at first but then i kinda just forgot about it and i guess i just accepted it. i remember kyle (ex cok peach player) refused to call people by their tags and he asks joe wheres adam? and joe was like who? o u mean watty...

my real name, or what i go by is natti, its a short nickname of my hebrew name netanel, although in high school i switched from private to public school and people looked at me all funny and coulndt pronounce so i just started going by nate a short version of my full name nathaniel, although people just ended up calling me katz in high school, prolly cuz the first kids i met was the basketball team and we had to have our last names written on our back for tryouts , then everyone just heard about me as "Katz" cuz i was like the only white kid on the team. But i started going by natti again, my roommate started calling me "Natty Ice" Natti wouldve been a cool tag it sounds foreign like 'Anuj' so people wouldnt question it. or u can just go badass and be Joe Bushman, the real name that sounds generically fake.

this short autobiography is my real 1337 post.

and ya we can prolly give gibby a ride. i think my sister already met him, shes at case too.

4% APR

Smash Champion
hey play with me, u always avoid the soap friendlies.. do i smell?

edit-crapzies.. what a lame 1337 post
dawg, of course we'll play. I wonder if it's hard to switch between melee and brawl back and forth all day.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Hey common ground guys, will you play some melee friendlies with me pleeeease?
Make sure to play me in some friendlies too! I'm the sonic the hedgehog guy.

P.S. The tier list lies about where Sonic should truly be.

CDCP

Smash Apprentice
hey soap, im coming to this but not playing brawl

can i trust that youll keep me busy with melee friendlies?
or should i give someone else that job?

FlipX

Smash Ace
Im trying to get up here because all my other smash plans for this weekend fell through =(
CDCP- Im only going to be playing melee so if soap doesnt keep you busy im down to play =)

Fire Blazer

Smash Cadet
... that sucked. Half the TV's didn't work man. Guess it's not your fault but w/e... It just took too long. The actual playing was fun. But there were 30 minute intervals between matches. :/ Although I'm looking to exchange FC's with anyone here who was at the tournament today... Just because I need practice. :/

That was a waste of my $50. Stupid scams. D: j/k

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Gibby- nice wolf, dang projectiles were keepin me down

4% thanks for the friendlies, good stuff.

JonS - GAAAHHHH j/k good matches very close

Impp - you didn't show up...

SS2 - sorry for knocking you out of the tournament again.

Good turnout guys I had a blast.

*insert shameless advertising here*

I will be hosting a tourney at or near the University of Akron sometime in November.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Gibby- nice wolf, dang projectiles were keepin me down

4% thanks for the friendlies, good stuff.

JonS - GAAAHHHH j/k good matches very close

Impp - you didn't show up...

SS2 - sorry for knocking you out of the tournament again.

Good turnout guys I had a blast.

*insert shameless advertising here*

I will be hosting a tourney at or near the University of Akron sometime in November.
results? did vidjo go?

nojoes

Smash Ace
... that sucked. Half the TV's didn't work man. Guess it's not your fault but w/e... It just took too long. The actual playing was fun. But there were 30 minute intervals between matches. :/ Although I'm looking to exchange FC's with anyone here who was at the tournament today... Just because I need practice. :/

That was a waste of my $50. Stupid scams. D: j/k
Sorry, the venue only gave us 3 wiis instead of 5, one with not everything unlocked and a few people who said they would come that didn't who were bringing wiis. With the 30 minute intervals between matches, we had match ups going constantly, the reason for the wait was due to the 23 people and matches taking 15 to 20 minutes. I apologize for there not being wii's open for friendlies but 8 setups (7 since one broke down) is an amazing number for a tournament, WTON which has around 70 had around 7, i'm not sure how many smash tournaments you've been to but you should consider yourself fortunate. We made sure people weren't trying to sneak in friendlies and that tournament ran about as smoothly as possible, although it was a bit hectic because my sister got married last night and i got no sleep and was very busy.

To everyone else, thank you for coming and hope to see you on the 25th of October for the next tournament, hopefully with setups on all the T.V.'s. I apologize for running the tournament as a vulgar swearing nazi but I was just trying to get things running smoothly and quickly, this one was a bit hectic but I can assure you that future tournaments will be better organized. We will have brackets displayed by a projector or on a screen for everyone to see and the layout will be a little less complicated, all wii's will have everything unlocked, we will have melee singles on the side and all the T.V.'s will have Wii's. Thanks again for coming everyone and I'll do shout outs later.

P.S. Sorry to everyone i didn't get to play with, in the future i want to play a friendly with everyone that attends (at least a few) Take care and I hope my swearing and screaming didn't scar anyone.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Joel Vidjo quit man.

RESULTS:

SINGLES:

1. SFG ($138) Dedede
2. BYAA! ($69) Metaknight
3. JoeS ($23) Snake/Metaknight

DOUBLES:

1. HANNAH MONTANA SLEEP OVER!!!! (4% and Beegs) ($120)
2. SFGIBBY (SFG AND GIBBY) ($60)
3. Two locals, can't remember the team name and tags, sorry T_T (20)

soap

Smash Hero
sorry i felt like relaxing today

was this your first time hosting? ive never wanted to host a tourney, its quite the headache and weekend killer

but it seems to have gone well for the most part, hope the next one runs smoother for u

nojoes

Smash Ace
It was, and it was pretty horrible due to the wedding being the day before but it went fairly well and i think the majority of people enjoyed themselves.

FlipX

Smash Ace
It was pretty fun. Didn't enter the tourny, but the melee singles were definitly good. Looking forward to there being a melee tourny at the next one =)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
How did this go? I live like 5 minutes away and didn't heard about it till it was way too late. If there are more at this location I can bring people/setups.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I was at this, had lots of fun during the singles.

(Me and my team mate got destroyed in doubles)

It felt singles went much smoother than doubles. Overall i had fun and met some cool people. the competition was good in my standards too because the people i live around aren't very good haha. so it was a good change. Don't think I'll be coming to the next one tho because I think I have soccer, but we shall see.

tl;dr : Had fun good 1st tourney experience

nojoes

Smash Ace
Results and a small report on previous page, happy that those that came did and check the next tournament Test Your Might on October 25th (Saturday this time! =D)

Doubles was kind of choppy because one of the team's teammates didn't arrive till around 1 and it held the tournament up slightly but we did the best we could.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Results and a small report on page 11, happy that those that came did and check the next tournament Test Your Might on October 25th (Saturday this time! =D)

Doubles was kind of choppy because one of the team's teammates didn't arrive till around 1 and it held the tournament up slightly but we did the best we could.
ok. cool results. 1891-0831-1912 is FC if u want it

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The next one is the 25th now huh? Is it Melee for sure or is it still up in the air? Either way, I'll participate. I'm just curious as to what I should warm up to beforehand.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Joel Vidjo quit man.

RESULTS:

SINGLES:

1. SFG ($138) Dedede
2. BYAA! ($69) Metaknight
3. JoeS ($23) Snake/Metaknight

DOUBLES:

1. HANNAH MONTANA SLEEP OVER!!!! (4% and Beegs) ($120)
2. SFGIBBY (SFG AND GIBBY) ($60)
3. Two locals, can't remember the team name and tags, sorry T_T (20)
The 3rd place team weren't locals, they were from Akron. The team name was noob and the members were BYAA! and zareidriel.

4% APR

Smash Champion
The next one is the 25th now huh? Is it Melee for sure or is it still up in the air? Either way, I'll participate. I'm just curious as to what I should warm up to beforehand.
Just play both. It's not as hard as people say

Top Bottom