• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on the Lake I!! Sunday Sept 28th, Mentor-on-the-lake, Ohio

nojoes

Smash Ace
CFLC Presents: Smash on the Lake!

That's right, ten 36 inch T.V.'s, no HD, no lag. Not in the tournament or got knocked out? No problem. We've got four 27 inch T.V.'s for friendlies and money matches. Here there's no need to sneak in friendlies on an open T.V. and no need to sit a foot away just so you can see the **** thing.

Just if people want to see. 23 people for singles, 10 teams, 138 for first in singles and 120 for first in singles. We'll have another tournament the 25 of October. Fin.

"Sorry, the venue only gave us 3 wiis instead of 5, one with not everything unlocked and a few people who said they would come that didn't who were bringing wiis. With the 30 minute intervals between matches, we had match ups going constantly, the reason for the wait was due to the 23 people and matches taking 15 to 20 minutes. I apologize for there not being wii's open for friendlies but 8 setups (7 since one broke down) is an amazing number for a tournament, WTON which has around 70 had around 7, i'm not sure how many smash tournaments you've been to but you should consider yourself fortunate. We made sure people weren't trying to sneak in friendlies and that tournament ran about as smoothly as possible, although it was a bit hectic because my sister got married last night and i got no sleep and was very busy.

To everyone else, thank you for coming and hope to see you on the 25th of October for the next tournament, hopefully with setups on all the T.V.'s. I apologize for running the tournament as a vulgar swearing nazi but I was just trying to get things running smoothly and quickly, this one was a bit hectic but I can assure you that future tournaments will be better organized. We will have brackets displayed by a projector or on a screen for everyone to see and the layout will be a little less complicated, all wii's will have everything unlocked, we will have melee singles on the side and all the T.V.'s will have Wii's. Thanks again for coming everyone and I'll do shout outs later.

P.S. Sorry to everyone i didn't get to play with, in the future i want to play a friendly with everyone that attends (at least a few) Take care and I hope my swearing and screaming didn't scar anyone."

There will be a total of 15 set-ups at the venue, 12 Brawl and 3 Melee. A minimum of two set-ups will be guaranteed for friendlies (however i'd bank on a lot more being open for friendlies).

The Venue has held up to 200 in the past and we have no cap on people, so I really want to try to get this to be a good sized tournament. It is in a massive plaza with plenty of food in walking distance and concessions within the store as well. You're just about set all day. Any questions or concerns can be shot in a PM to me.

Cold Fusion Gaming Center
5905 Andrews Road
Mentor-on-the-lake, OH 44060

Date:

Sunday September 28th

Doors open at 10:00 A.M.
Registration starts at 11:00 A.M.
Doubles will promptly begin at 12:00 P.M. followed by Singles
(If you are going to be late call me to register, otherwise you're out of luck. (PM for the number))

Price:

$5 venue fee
$10 singles
$20 teams ($10 per person)

(If there are enough participants, I'll run a small Melee tournament as a side event)

Prizes:

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

NOTE: If there are 10 teams or less for doubles, the payout format will be

1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited, Don't have it, don't be on it, or we will kick you out.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Stage List (THE STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM WILL BE USED):

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon

Counters:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens

Attendance:

Lauren (Bracket girl)
Sarah (Bracket girl)
nojoes
JonS
Beegs
1der
Alex
King Yoshi
Impp
Thrae Darastrix
ithrowthings
FireBlazer
SFG
Ballistaboy
Ballistaboy's buddy
Lazer Tazer
sui-jin
Omni
4%
Mark
Soap

Thrae Darastrix crew member 1?
Beegs' crew member 1?
Beegs' crew member 2?
The_Altrox?
Mark crew member?
Mark crew member?
Gibby?
Fafnir_Ragnaros?
BloodHawk?
Tink?

Confirmed Set-Ups:

10 36 inch T.V.'s, (no HD, no lag)
4 27 inch T.V.'s
1 more TV provided by Ithrowthings

5 Wii's provided by CFLC
1 Wii provided by Beegs
1 Wii provided by King Yoshi
1 Wii provided by SFG
1 Wii provided by Thrae Darastrix
2 Wiis provided by Ithrowthings
1 Wii provided by myself

1 Gamecube provided by myself
1 Gamecube provided by Thrae Darastrix
1 Gamecube provided by King Yoshi

Fafnir_Ragnaros

Smash Apprentice
Where exactly in northeast OH. I could bring another person for sure, possibly more. But that depends on where it's at.

clowsui

Smash Legend
joe

could you like PLEAAASE hold this on a different date? i know that all of cincinnati will basically come to this and i will be screwed out of players that i planned to play against that weekend because i can't go to tournaments x_x; could you like host this in october or something? because there's no circuit event then and you could make this an event >_>;

i understand if you can't change it but man this would have been nice to know about at least a week ago >_>;

nojoes

Smash Ace
joe

could you like PLEAAASE hold this on a different date? i know that all of cincinnati will basically come to this and i will be screwed out of players that i planned to play against that weekend because i can't go to tournaments x_x; could you like host this in october or something? because there's no circuit event then and you could make this an event >_>;

i understand if you can't change it but man this would have been nice to know about at least a week ago >_>;
I know, when I found out yours was the 27th and the guy asked me to be the TO i kind of cringed but the rest of october is booked and it wasnt my choice of date :ohwell: sorry clowsui. however this is a 4 hour 30 minute drive for cincy and although this is a really good venue and i hope to draw a lot of people, i'm not expecting big numbers until tournaments further down the road, so i think it's still likely they'll drive 10 minutes to your place rather than go across the state. :)

4% APR

Smash Champion
good **** joe, taking over where escape left off. doubles is still kinda fun so maybe I'll come

nojoes

Smash Ace
good **** joe, taking over where escape left off. doubles is still kinda fun so maybe I'll come
hah, i wanted to add melee singles just so you guys would come for sure, it'll be tons of fun and there's plenty of other things to play and do up there besides brawl if it isn't your thing, but i'd love for cf to come up for this.

nojoes

Smash Ace
People start posting if you're coming for sure so i can get an attendance list so people can get a feel for how many people'll be there, i want to shoot for mid 20's to 30 so tell and bring all your friends!

King~

Smash Champion
Ill be at this, ill have my car back by then

if u need anyhelp or another Wii i can be of assitance

good sh^t finally a NE tournament

Revven

FrankerZ
Is this a Friday or a Saturday? Don't really have a calendar on me at the moment.

The tournament sounds awesome though.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
FTW!!!
Okay! I'm in if it fits in my schedual. I might need to get a ride one way though *looks at AgentJGV*

Is Caleb gonna go too? and are we gonna do doubles?

Revven

FrankerZ
Aw, ****, there's a pretty low chance that I can make it then. I'd have to be pretty late like, noon to around one o'clock late. One other question, is this the Mentor that also has a pretty big mall? If so, I used to go around there a lot when I was younger so, I'm a little familiar with the area. If the place that's holding this is around that general area or a little higher up, I could probably come. But... I don't know yet for sure, it's a little too early to tell. D:

I'll get back to you joe.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
FTW!!!
Okay! I'm in if it fits in my schedual. I might need to get a ride one way though *looks at AgentJGV*

Is Caleb gonna go too? and are we gonna do doubles?
Caleb said he probably wont go. I'd be up for double, if I have money. First i have to convince my Parental units that a smash Tourny wont affect my grades.

I also told smitty and I'll spread the word around to the rest of the guys.

clowsui

Smash Legend
nojoes if there's not enough interest on my side i may or may not try and get a ride to this but we'll see >_>;

Goddess

Smash Apprentice
OMFG I'M ON SMASHBOARDS. BE AMAZED.
yeah well anyways, i'll be here.
i am the lovely bracket controller!
& you would not be able to function without me..
expect to be yelled at, btw. :]

hopefully team breakfast club (beegs & i) makes their debut.
after like a thousand times of me saying that.

joe's cool.

(i guess)

nojoes

Smash Ace
Aw, ****, there's a pretty low chance that I can make it then. I'd have to be pretty late like, noon to around one o'clock late. One other question, is this the Mentor that also has a pretty big mall? If so, I used to go around there a lot when I was younger so, I'm a little familiar with the area. If the place that's holding this is around that general area or a little higher up, I could probably come. But... I don't know yet for sure, it's a little too early to tell. D:

I'll get back to you joe.
There's still singles that you can make it to if you're late and if you can make it by 12:30ish and have a teammate call ahead of time and register with me, i'll put my cell up when it gets closer to the tournament.

Cold Fusion gaming center... what else is available there?
http://www.coldfusionlc.com/cflan/

look it up, they've got quite a bit of stuff.

nojoes if there's not enough interest on my side i may or may not try and get a ride to this but we'll see >_>;
I'd love to have you up here =D

i am the lovely bracket controller!
& you would not be able to function without me..
expect to be yelled at, btw. :]
i guess i'll let my girlfriend deal with brackets despite her extremely limited knowledge of tio. <3

Also as far as bringing wii's and how we're going to deal with that check out the OP which i'm about to update considering the matter.

Goddess

Smash Apprentice
nojoes (aka i john a lot when my girlfriend two stocks me with kirby)-

Keep it up, stupid. You're headed for thanks ZERO.
& that's no thanks.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
the trick to get pittsburgh participation is to hold both melee and brawl, we all play melee and then some of us then would enter brawl (garanteed). I would DEF do such a thing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
* Standing infinites (Marth, Charizard, etc.) are banned. This does not include I.C.'s, DDD, or wall infinites.

:\

nojoes

Smash Ace
* Standing infinites (Marth, Charizard, etc.) are banned. This does not include I.C.'s, DDD, or wall infinites.

:\
speak your mind, what do you want me to change?

also BlueBlade there will most likely be another one mid-late october/ early november which we hope to pull even more people for, so people can play to attend that =D

nojoes

Smash Ace
The past tournaments ran had it banned. Whether it's banned or not i could care less, i don't think it would actually become applicable either way. IMO a lot of the chains that require no skill detract from the game, but if there's a call to repeal the rule i would gladly oblige.

EDIT: I removed it despite me believing no one would really care all that much. hooray for conformity.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*ring*

Hello? Hello? Yes... I'd like that rule removed..... No, no I'm not sure if I'm going yet. Possibly, I'm not sure, but that rule is pretty dumb. Okay? Thanks! Bye!

*click*

clowsui

Smash Legend
Can't come, sorry....hopefully ppl feel like coming to my place more than this one XD Not to take away from your attendance, of course - just hoping Cincinnatians won't mind playing with their compatriots at home.

nojoes

Smash Ace
no problem, we'll have another in times to come and you're welcome to bring yourself, your compatriots, and your whole **** family up as well if you'd like =P

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I have a good chance of going, but I'm trying to convince friends. It's a hard sell though, cause they're all Microsoft people

Top Bottom